Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Member Varrah's Avatar
    Status
    Varrah is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    974
    ...
     

    Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Introduction:

    I am unsure about the Mangekyō Sharingan abilities as a whole, but the powers or abilities granted from the eye(s) seem to differ in accordance to its wielder. Noticing this, I developed a rough theory on how I believe why the powers vary from its possessors, and it will be through the explanation of that respective person’s affinities that I will do so — which at the least can hopefully provide some insight. Furthermore; due to the uncertainly of this hypothesis, all claims in this post are not absolute and are moot at best.


    The Mangekyō Sharingan:

    Starting at the beginning, the Mangekyō Sharingan is an advanced/higher form of the Sharingan. It is acquired by a seemingly severe traumatic experience — such as witnessing the death of someone close — the Uchiha throughout their dark history have used this requirement as a way to unlock the doujutsu. Upon the acquisition of the ‘Mangekyō,’ the possessor of it gains access to several other powerful techniques that are associated with the eyes. One of those techniques or abilities is the ability to control the Kyūbi. Over time, the prolong use of the Mangekyō Sharingan techniques causes the possessor’s eyesight to deteriorate leading them to blindness.


    Uniquely Original:

    This is where my theory comes into play; There are two powers they arise in each ‘Mangekyō eye,’ and it is these powers that give rise to the third, Susano’o — so with that said, I believe the Mangekyō acts in accordance to its possessor’s strength or affinities similar to like a generator. This generator gives its bearer a Mangekyō technique that suits their strength. Itachi, Sasuke, and Obito, have all shown to possess different techniques and none have displayed the ability to use the other techniques of that respective user. To further elaborate on this, Itachi gained Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu because of his prime affinity was genjutsu (Tsukuyomi) and his secondary affinity was ninjutsu (Amaterasu). Sasuke gained Amaterasu and Enton because his prime affinity is ninjutsu and unlike Itachi, he can use his Fire Release affinity more efficiently. Thus Enton is a suitable technique for his Mangekyō, as it allows him to manipulate the flames of Amaterasu anyway he desires. Obito gained Kamui because his affinity is ninjutsu. Like Sasuke the power of his Mangekyō techniques lie central to Kamui. Obito’s right Mangekyō technique is Intangibility while his left Mangekyō technique (Kakashi usage) is seemingly Teleportation. The ability for Obito to use the third Mangekyō technique is there however; since Obito does not currently possess both of his eyes he cannot activate Susano’o.

    So ultimately; it is my respective believe that the Mangekyō Sharingan gives each wielder its own set of techniques that stem from each eye individually, but this changes with the Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan.


    The Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan:

    The blindness of the deteriorated Mangekyō can be alleviated, by the transplanting of another Mangekyō. However; this does not ensure that the receiver of the transplanted eyes will regain their sight; as there are certain ‘compatibility’ requirements that are to be understood if one wishes to regain their light. This ‘compatibility’ requirement is determine by a ‘blood tie’ between the “donor” of the eyes and the “receiver” of the eyes — so ultimately a donor such as a sibling or family would make the best donor, as it has the highest the compatibility for attaining the Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan. Upon the acquisition of the Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan, the possessor of the dōjutsu gain the ability to use the other Mangekyō techniques that belonged to the donor. Furthermore; when a transplant is successful, the compatibility of the Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan possessor is displayed through the unification of receiver’s and donor’s Mangekyō tomoe seals.


    Madara & Izuna:

    As I said before, I believe that each Mangekyō Sharingan techniques differ in accordance to their possessor’s affinities, so with this line of thinking Madara and Izuna may very well have had unseen sets of Mangekyō techniques. This is why I think that the author has yet to show Madara’s Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan. If this is true, then Madara like Sasuke may very well possess some incredible otherworldly eye techniques.


    Sasuke:

    At the displaying of his Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan, Itachi’s Mangekyō tomoe seal in Sasuke’s left eye was shown to be inverted. At first thought it seemed to be hurried as in chapter 574 Sasuke’s eyes are normal. However; I begun thinking if what if that page was to show Sasuke incorporating one of Itachi’s Mangekyō technique in his killing of White Zetsu. So for example, one could say:

    1. Sasuke activates Susano’o as well Amaterasu.

    2. Sasuke uses his Enton technique to make a weapon for Susano’o to use.

    3. Sasuke uses Tsukuyomi invertedly/outwardly on Susanoo’s weapon, which moves it through this space to White Zetsu; consequently killing him.



    Summary:

    The general idea of it is situated around the notion that the Mangekyo Sharingan works in a set of two and the techniques gain from it differ in accordance to its keeper's affinities. These sets are the individually eye techniques that are presented in the Mangekyo, but is up to the keeper to realize what both of these individually eye techniques are, as the realization of both leads them to the third Susano'o. Subsequently; this is why I believe that a compatible EMS is so overwhelming to its opponents. It is because the possessor of the doujutsu gets an indistinguishable light along with the ability to use the other techniques from the transplanted Mangekyo. As you can reason from the above, I am thinking that Madara and Izuna may have very well had their own sets of Mangekyo techniques that we have not seen before. Ultimately meaning, that these two could have possessed techniques that are not Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, Kamui, or Kotoamatsukami.
     
         
    Last edited by Varrah; 09-30-2012 at 10:18 AM.

  2. #2
    SQY's Avatar
    Status
    SQY is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,932
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Lurking popular threads with
    my stupid opinions
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    7 bars with 129 posts? Woah, I haven't even seen you around here.

    Not bad though, it give me a clear thought of it
     
         

  3. #3
    Battlecry Temporary Account's Avatar
    Status
    Temporary Account is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,162
    Some live, some die.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Thus a legend was born. All hail Varrah.
     
         

  4. #4
    Iq=over 9000 sindi1997's Avatar
    Status
    sindi1997 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,639
    Location
    Tsukyomi World
    The system is made to be
    cheated :D
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Great theory +rep For the effort
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member Cosmic Path's Avatar
    Status
    Cosmic Path is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,043
    Location
    Heaven,Cosmic
    “In three words I can sum up
    everything I've learned about
    life: it goes on.”
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Another legend is born.
     
         

  6. #6
    Riker Slade's Avatar
    Status
    Riker Slade is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    34,217
    Location
    M.a.a.D City I run my n***a
    I'm worst at what I do best.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Nice theory. One.thing I disagree with is that any two techniques from the Mangekyou gives the user.Susano'o.
     
         

  7. #7
    Banned
    Status
    Οdin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    63,123
    Location
    地獄
    Que rico...
     



    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Good theory... but I still think that Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi are the prerequisites to gaining Susano'o. >_<
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member Necromancer4276's Avatar
    Status
    Necromancer4276 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,225
    Location
    Between this and the other world.
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    I don't agree. Not only do i believe sasuke has tsukuyomi, but i also believe that tsukuyomi and amaterasu are required for susano'o, not just two MS eyes.
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member ~Dream~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Dream~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,318
    Location
    Between her thighs
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Good thread as always, Varrah. You never seem to stop making great threads .
     
         

  10. #10
    Member Varrah's Avatar
    Status
    Varrah is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    974
    ...
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    Nice theory. One.thing I disagree with is that any two techniques from the Mangekyou gives the user.Susano'o.
    Opinions are welcomed, and like I stated in the Op, the possessor of the Mangekyō must realize these two techniques — the application of them here is implied as well, and upon doing so they gained the ability to use Susano'o. However; just because they gain access to the ability it does not necessarily mean that the possessor can use the technique. It is there, but the user must be able discern it in order for it to be used/activated.
     
         
    Last edited by Varrah; 09-24-2012 at 11:38 PM.

  11. #11
    Mudo's Avatar
    Status
    Mudo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    44,125
    Location
    USA
    Feeling nostalgic.
     



    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Well said, and very well put together.
     
         

  12. #12
    Member Nigete's Avatar
    Status
    Nigete is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    626
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Although i disagree with some parts, this is an excellent theory. Good job!
     
         

  13. #13
    Tsūki's Avatar
    Status
    Tsūki is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    36,328
    #JanaIsAwesome #AlbelIsEmo
    #NewBannerFTW
     



    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Interesting theory
     
         

  14. #14
    Hellsing member Lentz's Avatar
    Status
    Lentz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,905
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    They work kinda like zanpakuto.
     
         

  15. #15
    m.A.A.d city = Classic!! Datguyjr's Avatar
    Status
    Datguyjr is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    689
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Great thread and nice theory
     
         

  16. #16
    Banned
    Status
    Gooner4life is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,491
    Location
    UK
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Great work, once again
     
         

  17. #17
    Member Varrah's Avatar
    Status
    Varrah is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    974
    ...
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    I don't agree. Not only do i believe sasuke has tsukuyomi, but i also believe that tsukuyomi and amaterasu are required for susano'o, not just two MS eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kira- View Post
    Good theory... but I still think that Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi are the prerequisites to gaining Susano'o. >_<
    Allow me to persuade you two into my line of thinking.

    I may be wrong in thinking this, but you two may believe Sasuke has Tsukuyomi because of Itachi's saying that Tsukuyomi was a prerequisite for awakening Susano'o and the databook for reiteration this claim. While you are welcomed to do so, it appears that the author has changed his way of thinking since then. If you reread from that chapter on-wards, you will noticed that since Sasuke's acquisition of his Mangekyō he has not once referred to either of his Mangekyō techniques as Tsukuyomi.

    Some try to argue that Killer Bee was trapped in Tsukuyomi and that Danzo himself said that he possessed this technique. This is false, Killer Bee was trapped in a mere Genjutsu Binding and Danzo stated that his prowess with genjutsu is not on par with Itachi's. Obito even attested to this by saying it was a weak genjutsu — not Tsukyomi that lead to Danzo's defeat.

    Furthermore; the fact that Obito has yet to show the ability to use Tsukuyomi should indicate that he may not possess the technique and Madara himself has yet to display using Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. The people who claim that Madara has those techniques are speculating as much as I am in regards to his Mangekyō abilities. So it is with this that I arrived to my current belief, which is the Mangekyō techniques differ in accordance to there user by yet unknown means.
     
         

  18. #18
    Member Varrah's Avatar
    Status
    Varrah is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    974
    ...
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    In conjunction this, the author seemingly made another implication that Sasuke did not possess Tskuyomi prior to the assimilation of the Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan.



    This further lead me to believe that Sasuke's Mangekyō techniques are Amaterasu and Enton.

    Sasuke's left eye is Amatersau, while Sasuke's right eye is Enton. From these he gains the prerequisite of double Mangekyō ability to use the third technique Susano'o.
     
         
    Last edited by Varrah; 09-24-2012 at 11:39 PM.

  19. #19
    Bear fights can be grizzly saaaaaadpanda's Avatar
    Status
    saaaaaadpanda is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,718
    Location
    USA
    A panda eats, shoots, and
    leaves.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    I don't agree with everything, but not too shabby, nevertheless.
     
         

  20. #20
    Nathan.'s Avatar
    Status
    Nathan. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    47,419
    Location
    Australia
    Something.
     



    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    I hardly ever come into this section, that was an interesting theory.
     
         

  21. #21
    Senior Member Necromancer4276's Avatar
    Status
    Necromancer4276 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,225
    Location
    Between this and the other world.
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Quote Originally Posted by Varrah View Post
    Allow me to persuade you two into my line of thinking.

    I may be wrong in thinking this, but you two may believe Sasuke has Tsukuyomi because of Itachi's saying that Tsukuyomi was a prerequisite for awakening Susano'o and the databook for reiteration this claim. While you are welcomed to do so, it appears that the author has changed his way of thinking since then. If you reread from that chapter on-wards, you will noticed that since Sasuke's acquisition of his Mangekyō he has not once referred to either of his Mangekyō techniques as Tsukuyomi.

    Some try to argue that Killer Bee was trapped in Tsukuyomi and that Danzo himself said that he possessed this technique. This is false, Killer Bee was trapped in a mere Genjutsu Binding and Danzo stated that his prowess with genjutsu is not on par with Itachi's. Obito even attested to this by saying it was a weak genjutsu — not Tsukyomi that lead to Danzo's defeat.

    Furthermore; the fact that Obito has yet to show the ability to use Tsukuyomi should indicate that he may not possess the technique and Madara himself has yet to display using Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. The people who claim that Madara has those techniques are speculating as much as I am in regards to his Mangekyō abilities. So it is with this that I arrived to my current belief, which is the Mangekyō techniques differ in accordance to there user by yet unknown means.
    My own personal conclusion to the Tsukuyomi matter is this.

    Sasuke- Sasuke's affinity toward MS techniques is obviously Amaterasu. Because of his natural affinity for it, Sasuke is able to manipulate the flames of amaterasu, thus forming Enton, or Blaze Release.

    Itachi- Itachi's affinity is genjutsu and so his prioritized MS technique is genjutsu as well. Because of his affinity for it, his normal MS genjutsu (as i would like to call it) is upgraded to the point where he can manipulate time and space within it, thus forming Tsukuyomi.

    In other words, i believe both itachi and sasuke have both Amaterasu and Genjutsu, while sasuke is proficient in amaterasu, creating enton, and itachi is proficient in genjutsu, creating tsukuyomi. Basically what i am saying is that the "Sharingan Genjutsu" we have seen sasuke use is nothing less than the "base" version of the genjutsu side of the MS while amaterasu is the "base" version of the ninjutsu side of the MS and just happens to be lucky enough to have its own name (probably because itachi was introduced first which gave us the second tier of genjutsu first, as if sasuke's was introduce first we may not have a name for amaterasu, but have one for the Sharingan Genjutsu). Sorry if this doesn't make sense, this is just my opinion.
     
         

  22. #22
    Member Varrah's Avatar
    Status
    Varrah is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    974
    ...
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    My own personal conclusion to the Tsukuyomi matter is this.

    Sasuke- Sasuke's affinity toward MS techniques is obviously Amaterasu. Because of his natural affinity for it, Sasuke is able to manipulate the flames of amaterasu, thus forming Enton, or Blaze Release.

    Itachi- Itachi's affinity is genjutsu and so his prioritized MS technique is genjutsu as well. Because of his affinity for it, his normal MS genjutsu (as i would like to call it) is upgraded to the point where he can manipulate time and space within it, thus forming Tsukuyomi.

    In other words, i believe both itachi and sasuke have both Amaterasu and Genjutsu, while sasuke is proficient in amaterasu, creating enton, and itachi is proficient in genjutsu, creating tsukuyomi. Basically what i am saying is that the "Sharingan Genjutsu" we have seen sasuke use is nothing less than the "base" version of the genjutsu side of the MS while amaterasu is the "base" version of the ninjutsu side of the MS and just happens to be lucky enough to have its own name (probably because itachi was introduced first which gave us the second tier of genjutsu first, as if sasuke's was introduce first we may not have a name for amaterasu, but have one for the Sharingan Genjutsu). Sorry if this doesn't make sense, this is just my opinion.
    Understandable, and it seems we can only agree to disagree at the moment. Let us hope that the author sometime in the near future shows us Madara's Mangekyō techniques.
     
         

  23. #23
    °•○●□■◇◆ ■□●○•° Roby's Avatar
    Status
    Roby is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    33,663
    Location
    「Heaven on earth with Nimmy」
    Funky at heart with Nimmy!
    <3
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    I really like your threads
    Great theory there and +rep for the effort !
     
         

  24. #24
    Assassin Y3llovv fla5h's Avatar
    Status
    Y3llovv fla5h is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    771
    Working on a plan to save the
    world from this harsh shinobi
    system
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Nice theory...+rep!
     
         

  25. #25
    ソロキング -Logic-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Logic- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,911
    Itachi Solo's.
     

    Re: Food For Thought (Mangekyō)

    Epic work as usual. :D
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •