Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Training with Keotsu

Quote Originally Posted by Seth 42 View Post
    *sits under a tree waiting for Keotsu with hopes of being trained in water*
    *Walks up with a slip of paper in my hand.*

Alright, so, since we're beginning fresh with Suiton, I'd like you to answer a few questions.

First off, what do you think of the Water element, and explain a few aspects of it to me, both as a real world substance and in relation to the other elements in the Naruto universe.

Please don't use a wiki; just tell me what you know.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Coolies well as a real world substance it is an essential part of life being one of the two main things people need to survive. the human body is allso 70% water.
    In the narutoverse however it is one of the 5 core elements and can be used for both offensive and defensive purposes it is strong against fire as it extinguishes it and weak against lightnig as its a conductor. Generaly to begin with a water source is required but that source can be the users body if required only after much practise can water jutsu be use without a water source. Well do I pass sensei?

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Coolies well as a real world substance it is an essential part of life being one of the two main things people need to survive. the human body is allso 70% water.
    In the narutoverse however it is one of the 5 core elements and can be used for both offensive and defensive purposes it is strong against fire as it extinguishes it and weak against lightnig as its a conductor. Generaly to begin with a water source is required but that source can be the users body if required only after much practise can water jutsu be use without a water source. Well do I pass sensei?
    You did well, but you missed a few points.

Water is weak against Earth, not lightning. This is because Earth jutsu are not easily moved, and thus aren't nearly as affected by water; while it is true, Lightning and Water do work well together, they are considered neutral in respect to each other.

The ability to use water without a water source is, I believe, tied explicitly to Tobirama biographies, and those who have truly shown a mastery of Water, not just completed the training.

Also, Water is considered a Yin element.

Anyway, Water is often represented by a coolness, and a type of freedom; much like a flowing stream.

*Using a combination of Doton and Suiton, I create a large pit and then fill it with water.*

Alright, so what I want you to do is first sit inside the water, and tell me properties of it that you think may be useful for adjusting your chakra to take on a Suiton nature.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oops well at least it show it was from the top of my head.
    *walks over and sits in the pool then closes my eyes to concentrate*
    Well properties wise a smooth, flexible and flowing chakra would probably be best suited.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oops well at least it show it was from the top of my head.
    *walks over and sits in the pool then closes my eyes to concentrate*
    Well properties wise a smooth, flexible and flowing chakra would probably be best suited.
    o_o Short and sweet, but spot on.

*Hands you the slip of paper.* Focus your chakra through that while trying to make your chakra take on those properties.

If you're successful, the paper will become damp.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*takes the piece of paper and starts to flow my chakra through it while thinking about the water and its properties and after a few seconds the paper becomes damp*

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*takes the piece of paper and starts to flow my chakra through it while thinking about the water and its properties and after a few seconds the paper becomes damp*
    Very nice.

So, with this, we begin your Suiton training.

(Suiton No Jutsu) - Water technique

Type: Supplementary/Attack/Defence
    Range: Short-Mid
    Damage Points:20
    Description: Creates small waves of water,small blasts, and small shields of water.
    Note: Doesn't require a water source but can be used to manipulate existing water.

The principle Suiton technique, that is the most basic aspect of water manipulation.

As far as battle use, I can't give you much advice, as it all depends on your ingenuity if this is useful to you or not.

For our purposes, I'm going to want you to create a blast of water. So, what you'll do is focus your Suiton chakra into a large mass in your hand, and then propel it forward; if done successfully, it will launch a ball of water forward.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ok then
    * I begin to concentrate my chakra to my hand while maintaining the feel of the waters properties converting it to Suiton chakra. I then swing my right hand forward and release the chakra and it takes the form of a waterball which flies forward.*

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ok then
    * I begin to concentrate my chakra to my hand while maintaining the feel of the waters properties converting it to Suiton chakra. I then swing my right hand forward and release the chakra and it takes the form of a waterball which flies forward.*
    Well done. Know, though, that as we progress through the rank, more complex descriptions will be required to advance.

Next, we have:

(Kirigakure No Jutsu) - Hidding in Mist Jutsu

Type: Supplementary
    Range: Short/Mid
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: This displacement technique creates a thick mist to spring forth by lifting up some water from either a pre-existing source or expelled from their mouth, then goes in and out of sight at will from within the pearly-white realm. The mist's thickness is controlled by the amount of chakra kneaded into it. It can't fool the Byakugan, but, due to the mist being created with the user's chakra, any Sharingan and Rinnegan-user will see the mist coloured by their opponent's chakra, which will effectively hide the user from the dōjutsu.
    Note: Can be created through releasing from mouth or manipulating a nearby water source.

Not known to require handseals, and a good counter to Doujutsu, this is a much loved technique.

It's quite simple in execution, as well; by focusing your Suiton chakra into the air, and converting it into water molecules, you'll create a thin mist. The more chakra you expel, the thicker the mist; conversely, you can infuse a water source with your chakra and simply disperse the water into the air.

Give it a shot.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Alright then.
    *once again concentrating on the creation of my suiton chakra but this time I direct it towards my lungs and let it build up for a little while.
    I then release my chakra while letting out a long slow breath which takes the chakra withit conveting the air my breath touches turn to mist, this then spreads from air molecule to air molecule until have created a thin mist.
    Well thats pretty cool but I think I can do better.
    *concentrates more chakra into suiton form and then releases it into the previouse mist to create a dense mist which is almost impossible to see through.*

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Alright then.
    *once again concentrating on the creation of my suiton chakra but this time I direct it towards my lungs and let it build up for a little while.
    I then release my chakra while letting out a long slow breath which takes the chakra withit conveting the air my breath touches turn to mist, this then spreads from air molecule to air molecule until have created a thin mist.
    Well thats pretty cool but I think I can do better.
    *concentrates more chakra into suiton form and then releases it into the previouse mist to create a dense mist which is almost impossible to see through.*
    Well done.

*Uses a Wind jutsu to blow away the mist.*

Next is:

(Suiton: Mizu Kuri No Yaiba) - Water Style: Sword of Draining

Range: Short
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage Points: 20
    Description: A technique that utilizes water to create a sword. The sword can be wielded in the normal fashion, allowing the ninja to cut and stab like with a normal blade.
    Note: Doesn't require a water source.

A useful technique if you're a Kenjutsu practitioner and find yourself without a sword.

Using your chakra, you'll simply pull the water in the air towards your hand, using your chakra to guide it's shape; you'll condense the water, and using shape manipulation, give it the form of a blade of your choosing. The chakra itself will prevent the water from simply falling to the ground.

Give it a shot.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Alright.
    *I create some suiton chakra in my right hand. I then trace a sickle shape in the air with my palm allowing some chakra to flow into the air from my palm as I do condensing the air into water. as I complete the sickles handle I close my hand around it and continue to release a small amour of Suiton chakra constantly to keep it in shape.*
    Sweet
    *I take a few test swings to make sure it maintains it's shape and it does*

Last edited by Seth 42; 08-14-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Alright.
    *I create some suiton chakra in my right hand. I then trace a sickle shape in the air with my palm allowing some chakra to flow into the air from my palm as I do condensing the air into water. as I complete the sickles handle I close my hand around it and continue to release a small amour of Suiton chakra constantly to keep it in shape.*
    Sweet
    *I take a few test swings to make sure it maintains it's shape and it does*
    Very nice. ^_^

Now, we move on to C-rank jutsu. The first being:

(Suiton: Suikōtoppa) – Water Release: Water Shark Breakthrough
    Type: Attack
    Range: short
    Chakra cost 15
    Damage points: 30
    Description: The user will create a water shark to jump into the air and bolt towards the opponent, striking them.
    Note: Requires a water source.

The usefulness of this jutsu is...debatable. While requiring no handseals, it's only effective if you and your opponent are within short range of a Water Source. And even then, unless it comes from behind your opponent, it is very easily blocked or avoided; indeed, if someone uses this against you, you can likely defend against it with an explosive note, instead of wasting a jutsu.

It's a bit more complex than the other techniques we've preformed in the way of shape manipulation.

By focusing your chakra into a source of water, you'll infuse the water with chakra and then create a shark-like shape with your manipulation ability. Then, as the shape is forming, you'll propel the chakra upwards, out of the water and towards the opponent, which will also cause the shark itself to leap out of the water, and towards your opponent; the nature of the shark - being held together with chakra - will allow it to do blunt damage instead of just dispersing into water upon contact.

*Creates an earthen pillar.*

Give it a shot.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*walks over to the water source you created earlier*
    Alright then
    *I begin to create suiton chakra and channel it into the water when I think I have enough I begin to mentaly image a shark and the water taking that shape. Slowly at first the head of the shark begins to form and I make my chakra rise draggiing the shark head out of the water while creating first the body than the tail of my shark out of the falling water while constantly forceing my chakra higher untill I have a fully formed water shark floating about 3 feet off the fround to my right.
    I then concentrate on sending my charkra and therefore the shark flying into the earthen pillar smashing it.*

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*walks over to the water source you created earlier*
    Alright then
    *I begin to create suiton chakra and channel it into the water when I think I have enough I begin to mentaly image a shark and the water taking that shape. Slowly at first the head of the shark begins to form and I make my chakra rise draggiing the shark head out of the water while creating first the body than the tail of my shark out of the falling water while constantly forceing my chakra higher untill I have a fully formed water shark floating about 3 feet off the fround to my right.
    I then concentrate on sending my charkra and therefore the shark flying into the earthen pillar smashing it.*
    Very nice; very well done. ^_^

Now, we move on to:

(Suiton: Suiben) - Water Release: Water whip
    Type: Offensive, supplementary
    Range: Short - Mid
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: 30
    Description: After the user performs a series of 3 hand seals Rat → Dog → Ox, the user creates a whip of water that can be used to strike the opponent with a lashing action or wrap around the target to bind them. This technique can also have lightning techniques channeled through when they have bound their victim with the water whip.

The handseals are listed.

This jutsu is similar to the Water Sword technique, in that you're creating a weapon out of water, rather than manipulating the water to do something.

In that aspect, this jutsu is useful in the same manner as the Sword of Draining, yet is simply a different weapon at your disposal. Likewise, it is preformed similarly.

Give it a shot.

And also, know that if you have any questions if we go along, you can ask and I'll do my best to answer. ^_^

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Coolies
    *just like with the sword I create and then channel my suiton charkra to my hands and then preform the rat, dog and ox seals before releasing the suiton chakra from my hand and having it form a water rod in my hand and then via shape manipulation extend to form a two meter long whip*
    This is getting cool.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Coolies
    *just like with the sword I create and then channel my suiton charkra to my hands and then preform the rat, dog and ox seals before releasing the suiton chakra from my hand and having it form a water rod in my hand and then via shape manipulation extend to form a two meter long whip*
    This is getting cool.
    Nicely done. <_<" And sorry about my lateness.

Now, we move on.

(Suiton: Mizuame Nababara) - Water Style: Starch Syrup Capture Field

Range: Short/Long
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Description: The user After performing the required hand seals Ram → Tiger spits out high-viscosity, chakra infused water, aimed at a surface of wide scope. This is a stream of sticky liquid which can be used to form an adhesive trap that can inhibit a person's mobility. One can effectively reduce their enemy's area of activity with this technique, and has the effect of being able to take complete control over the battlefield. The normal scope of this technique is normally just a few metres, but if prepared, it is also possible to make an entire pond of starch syrup. Being caught in the technique can be avoided by channelling chakra to one's feet allowing one to walk upon it uninhibited, beforehand.

Suiton: Mizuame Nababara is a Supplementary jutsu that, despite common belief, can be quiet useful. By using this jutsu, you release an amount of syrup in proportion to the amount of time you "charge" the jutsu.

As a supplementary jutsu, it does no damage, but it is good for coating the ground or walls in a sticky substance, making it great for trapping, and also a great jutsu to use in conjunction with other water jutsu.

A cool fact about this jutsu is: If the opponents hands get covered in this, it would be harder for them to use jutsu that require handseals! Though I've never seen anyone do this, it makes perfect sense. If their fingers are sticking together, they're gonna have a heck of a time.

First, form the handseals (listed).

After that, focus Suiton chakra into your gut and manipulate it's properties using Shape Manipulation to increase both its viscosity (thickness), and give it a sticky quality, as well; then, lining your throat with chakra, force it upwards from your stomach, and propel it out, onto the ground.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Thanks and its all good just been standing here.

First I let the water wip disapate from my hand and then preform the Ram and Tiger seals in that order. I then focus my suiton chakra into my belly for a little while to take care of the "charging phase" before using shape manipulation to make it thicker and stickier. I then line my throat with chakra to stop my suiton chakra sticking to my throat before prjocting my suiton charka in the form of a sticky liquid up and out of my throat and over the ground in front of me creating a reasonabley sizable pool.

I was almost tempted to yell firin my lazor because of all the chargin I had to do.
    So whats next?

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Thanks and its all good just been standing here.

First I let the water wip disapate from my hand and then preform the Ram and Tiger seals in that order. I then focus my suiton chakra into my belly for a little while to take care of the "charging phase" before using shape manipulation to make it thicker and stickier. I then line my throat with chakra to stop my suiton chakra sticking to my throat before prjocting my suiton charka in the form of a sticky liquid up and out of my throat and over the ground in front of me creating a reasonabley sizable pool.

I was almost tempted to yell firin my lazor because of all the chargin I had to do.
    So whats next?
    Very nice.

Anyway, next is:

(Mizu Bunshin) - Water Release: Water Clone
    Description: After performing the Tiger hand seal the user creates a clone of themselves made of water. These water clones have 1/10th of the users chakra. These clones are also limited in that they can only travel short range from the user without losing control. When a water clone take enough damage they revert back to normal water.
    Note: Can only perform up to C rank Water techniques and requires a water source.

A fairly useless technique. They can't move far, and can't really attack. The best they can do is defend you from an incoming jutsu.

It's done simply: Focus your chakra into a humanoid shape, and then manipulate it so that it becomes water; by using Shape Maniuplation, you'll make it look like you, and with the rest of the chakra left in it, it'll stabilize and be able to fight...some.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

ok
    * I walk over to the water source you created earlier and preform the tiger seal while channeling my chakra into the water, I then begin to mold the chakra in the water into a huminoid shape and have it rise from the water, first I mold the head and as the water continues to rise I mold the rest of the body till a perfect clone of me stands there.*
    Wow It looks so real
    *I stab the clone with a kuni and it dissapates back into water*

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

ok
    * I walk over to the water source you created earlier and preform the tiger seal while channeling my chakra into the water, I then begin to mold the chakra in the water into a huminoid shape and have it rise from the water, first I mold the head and as the water continues to rise I mold the rest of the body till a perfect clone of me stands there.*
    Wow It looks so real
    *I stab the clone with a kuni and it dissapates back into water*
    Good enough for me.

Now, next is:

(Suiton: Suigandan) - Water Release: Water Fang Bullet
    Type: Offense
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: A technique that deals physical damage to the enemy with a liquid mass brought forth from underwater. Its power to kill and maim is augmented by adding a spinning motion to the compactly pressured water. During fights on water, taking advantage of its characteristic ability to attack from anywhere in a 360 degrees radius, in conjunction with other techniques for distraction, confusion and so forth, this technique has an extensive array of applications.
    Note: Requires a water source.

A very simple jutsu, preformed by simply focusing your chakra into multiple sources on a water source, and causing it to rotate like a drill as you lift it from the water. Unfortunately, it can really only strike enemies standing on the water source.

Give it a shot.

And...sorry to do this, but if you want to seek out another Sensei (though, I'd still require you drop training with me), I'd understand, as I don't think my response speed is going to increase.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This seems to be getting easier.
    *concentrates my suiton chakra into the local water source and using shape manipulation makes several strands of water shoot upwards while rotating around eachother coming together at a point while rotating*

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Alright, next we have:

Suiton: Kirigakure Shiryoku Hakudatsu) - Water Release: Hidden Mist Eye Sight Deprevation
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra cost: 15(-3 each turn to keep it active)
    Description: Using the hidden mist jutsu the user reflects the natural light an a way that it blinds there opponent temporarily as long as the opponent is in the mist.
    Note: Must have already used hidden mist jutsu

A very simple technique that works by infusing your premade mist with chakra in order to alter the molecular structure of the water droplets slightly, so that it reflects light.

Useful enough in certain situations, if you can pull it off.

Give it a shot.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a lonely drifter...

As Keotsus sempai i will be taking over your training, understood?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»