View Poll Results: Shanks and Akainu are tied. TRUE OR FALSE?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

    10 33.33%
  • False

    20 66.67%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 103
  1. #1
    Luther's Avatar
    Status
    Luther is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,326
    Location
    Hungary.
    Contact Me For Training In
    Basic elements
     



    Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    The only reason akainu agreed to stop the war and not kill sabo is simply that he did not want to fight another yonko and his allys. One on one akainu is evenly matched with shanks and a case an be made that he is stronger. He has arguably the strongest logia devil fruit in the entire series and could easily take out half of the warlords with little to no sweat.
     
         
    Last edited by Luther; 09-22-2016 at 01:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Member JDtheAlchemist's Avatar
    Status
    JDtheAlchemist is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    529
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    suh dude
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Because he can..
     
         

  3. #3
    Luther's Avatar
    Status
    Luther is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,326
    Location
    Hungary.
    Contact Me For Training In
    Basic elements
     



    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDtheAlchemist View Post
    Because he can..
    We are talking facts here not hype.
     
         

  4. #4
    Riker's Avatar
    Status
    Riker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52,620
    Location
    The road so far.
    Fiddle of gold against your
    soul.
     



    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    It wasn't even Akainu. Akainu could be seen yelling at the pirates to keep on fighting and to eliminate every last pirate. Sengoku agreed to end the war to keep the Marines' reputation solid. If they kept fighting after accomplishing their objectives, they'd look no better than the pirates.

    Not to mention that it was a lose-lose situation. Even if they had they beaten Shanks' crew and killed him, that'd be two Yonko out of the balance of power, something the World Government REALLY wants to maintain. There was nothing to gain from fighting Shanks. Look at what happened when Whitebeard died, territories were attacked when people saw that Whitebeard wouldn't be coming to stop them. More innocent people were harmed. If they had killed Shanks, then any territory he oversaw would be raided by pirates, putting people in danger. Not fighting Shanks was the smart decision.
     
         

  5. #5
    Itachi Nguyen Like Naruto's Avatar
    Status
    Like Naruto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    433
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Are you saying he can easily wipe mihawk? For the fact that we only know that shanks can use swords and spars with mihawk and he can swim too, think about what if what kind of devil fruit he has, that just by appearing with just few forces of his stopped the war. Just think about it fool, if he wasnt that strong af, and marines full power and bb was there..
     
         

  6. #6
    Riker's Avatar
    Status
    Riker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52,620
    Location
    The road so far.
    Fiddle of gold against your
    soul.
     



    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Like Naruto View Post
    Are you saying he can easily wipe mihawk? For the fact that we only know that shanks can use swords and spars with mihawk and he can swim too, think about what if what kind of devil fruit he has, that just by appearing with just few forces of his stopped the war. Just think about it fool, if he wasnt that strong af, and marines full power and bb was there..
    Killing Shanks then is something the World Government would NOT want.
     
         

  7. #7
    Itachi Nguyen Like Naruto's Avatar
    Status
    Like Naruto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    433
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Killing Shanks then is something the World Government would NOT want.
    Lol hahahhahahah bs! That was like the right time to kill three yonkous if possible.
     
         

  8. #8
    Riker's Avatar
    Status
    Riker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52,620
    Location
    The road so far.
    Fiddle of gold against your
    soul.
     



    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Like Naruto View Post
    Lol hahahhahahah bs! That was like the right time to kill three yonkous if possible.
    The World Government doesn't want to kill the Yonko. The presence of the Yonko create a balance of power in the world. When Whitebeard died, pirates began to pillage his territories, which were in peace prior. If two Yonkos fall, not only is the balance of power severely disrupted, but that's a whole lot of territory now up for grabs for pirates looking to pillage. Which means a lot of innocent people caught in the crossfire.

    When a Marine reported that Shanks and Kaido clashed, Brannew was pissed because of what that would mean for the Balance of Power.
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member arv993's Avatar
    Status
    arv993 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,567
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    The only reason akainu agreed to stop the war and not kill sabo is simply that he did not want to fight another yonko and his allys. One on one akainu is evenly matched with shanks and a case an be made that he is stronger. He has arguably the strongest logia devil fruit in the entire series and could easily take out half of the warlords with little to no sweat.
    Because hype wise shanks is superior so far, so ppl believe that. Akainu by a margin has inferior hype simple as that.
     
         

  10. #10
    Riker's Avatar
    Status
    Riker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52,620
    Location
    The road so far.
    Fiddle of gold against your
    soul.
     



    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by arv993 View Post
    Because hype wise shanks is superior so far, so ppl believe that. Akainu by a margin has inferior hype simple as that.
    Akainu got more hype than Shanks' entire crew when Teach ran from Akainu in terror, but mocked Shanks and walked away from his crew calmy in stride.
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member arv993's Avatar
    Status
    arv993 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,567
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Akainu got more hype than Shanks' entire crew when Teach ran from Akainu in terror, but mocked Shanks and walked away from his crew calmy in stride.
    Lol this again no one in their right mind believes akainu > BB and his crew. And those are two different BB, one is more experienced who ran away where as one was batshit crazy and thought was invincible with his newly gained powers.

    I guess shanks> Kaido since Kaido backed off. Dude u have the worst comparisons ever

    I guess next time luffy runs away from marines even mid level ones or fodder, luffy is giving them hype. But basically ur resorting to this weak example because he doesn't have anything noteworthy. When shanks and Wb clashed(btw a fresh wb) he the split the sky, he was given constant special treatment by Oda.

    Bb also picks his fights smartly he went and attacked the revolutionaries when the time was right, he's not just randomly picking fights hence he left akainu the hell alone. I can go on all day but I'll stop for now
     
         

  12. #12
    Riker's Avatar
    Status
    Riker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52,620
    Location
    The road so far.
    Fiddle of gold against your
    soul.
     



    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by arv993 View Post
    Lol this again no one in their right mind believes akainu > BB and his crew. And those are two different BB, one is more experienced who ran away where as one was batshit crazy and thought was invincible with his newly gained powers.
    This makes no sense because Teach ran away from Akainu and Shanks both before the timeskip and within days of each other. The fact that Teach ran from Akainu after gaining experience, as you say, that just improves the hype for Akainu even more.

    I guess shanks> Kaido since Kaido backed off. Dude u have the worst comparisons ever
    We have no idea why Kaido backed off when Shanks confronted him. We can't say Shanks>Kaido based off of that.

    However, we know why Teach ran from Akainu and walked away from Shanks: Both times, he said he wasn't ready to fight those guys. We can conclude that Blackbeard<Akainu from that because Blackbeard said so himself.

    I guess next time luffy runs away from marines even mid level ones or fodder, luffy is giving them hype.
    Once again, this isn't the same thing. Teach said explicitly he wasn't ready to fight Akainu:




    He said the same thing about Shanks' entire crew, lamenting that it's not his time to fight Shanks:



    We know that when Luffy runs from fodder and Marines, it's because he doesn't have the time to fight them. Once again, two different scenarios.

    Bb also picks his fights smartly he went and attacked the revolutionaries when the time was right, he's not just randomly picking fights hence he left akainu the hell alone. I can go on all day but I'll stop for now
    It's still the same level of hype.
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member arv993's Avatar
    Status
    arv993 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,567
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    This makes no sense because Teach ran away from Akainu and Shanks both before the timeskip and within days of each other. The fact that Teach ran from Akainu after gaining experience, as you say, that just improves the hype for Akainu even more.


    We have no idea why Kaido backed off when Shanks confronted him. We can't say Shanks>Kaido based off of that.

    However, we know why Teach ran from Akainu and walked away from Shanks: Both times, he said he wasn't ready to fight those guys. We can conclude that Blackbeard<Akainu from that because Blackbeard said so himself.


    Once again, this isn't the same thing. Teach said explicitly he wasn't ready to fight Akainu:




    He said the same thing about Shanks' entire crew, lamenting that it's not his time to fight Shanks:



    We know that when Luffy runs from fodder and Marines, it's because he doesn't have the time to fight them. Once again, two different scenarios.


    It's still the same level of hype.
    Dude u keep reaching to no avail. BB is a known opportunist, he went after the revolutionaries when he had the advantage.

    What could he have gained from a fight from akainu?

    Look at his words "this is not the time yet". The guy is calculating and wants the easiest path no matter what. He bided his time in wb pirates and kept a low profile. He has a history of avoiding conflict over and over again, sure there was lapses in judgement but generally engages to gain something from it.

    And he says he's not ready not he's not strong enough. Again tell me how with support he loses.the guy apparently smashed the wb remanents and went after revolutionaries with their best forces there. So akainu is better than those forces please dude you are just wishing this is hype on that level when it's not. It speaks more about BB's personality not akainus strength.

    And make up ur mind is he lamenting or making fun of shanks and walking away calmly and mocking him. But anyways ur opinion isn't the issue but it just seemed u switched ur narrative so quickly. But putting away ur spin on things aside lets get to truth, yea he mocked shanks that does not take anything away from him but it shows Bb tends to do that. Hed rather kick u when u are hurt like he did to Wb or run away, he knew shanks wanted peace so shanks wouldn't pursue him if he left and he can act like he is hot shit and get away with it. And he had nothing to gain, if him and shanks fought marines can jump in on it and cause one of them to die etc. there's a ton of scenarios that not favorable to Bb.

    The guys philosophy is this when he is revealed.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/225/14
     
         
    Last edited by arv993; 09-22-2016 at 06:32 AM.

  14. #14
    Konoha no Kiroi Senko YellowFang's Avatar
    Status
    YellowFang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,190
    Location
    NarutoBase
    Kakashi's #1 Fan
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Because Shanks can...

    Not in the context of war, that was ended by Sengoku by the same reason Shanks provided.
    But if it stretched out, I doubt that Red-haired pirates would have come out of it unscathed, but Akainu wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of 2 Yonko in a single day...
     
         

  15. #15
    Dark Wizard A v i's Avatar
    Status
    A v i is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,283
    Location
    ιndιa
    тнєяє'ѕ αℓωαуѕ α
    ℓιттℓє тяυтн
    вєнιи∂ "נυѕт
    кι∂∂ιиg",α
    ℓιттℓє
    киσωℓє∂gє
    вєнιи∂ "ι
    ∂σи'т киσω"
    αи∂ α ℓιттℓє
    ραιи вєнιи∂ ιт'ѕ
    σк
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Akainu got more hype than Shanks' entire crew when Teach ran from Akainu in terror, but mocked Shanks and walked away from his crew calmy in stride.
    Did you just compare top figures from the big 3 not stepping forward to oppose Shanks with a group of pirates running away from Akainu? A disparate Akainu who was dying to kill Luffy didn't even dare moving a muscle when Shanks stood in his way, Shanks definitely shined way better than anyone at MF.
     
         
    Last edited by A v i; 09-22-2016 at 10:58 AM.

  16. #16
    Riker's Avatar
    Status
    Riker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52,620
    Location
    The road so far.
    Fiddle of gold against your
    soul.
     



    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by A v i View Post
    Did you just compare top figures from the big 3 not stepping forward to oppose Shanks with a group of pirates running away from Akainu?
    Did you even read my posts?
     
         

  17. #17
    海賊狩りのゾロ Zorø's Avatar
    Status
    Zorø is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11,718
    ☆High Asf☆
     



    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Shanks >>Akainu simply as that no questions needed shanks is that guy Akainu is strong but shanks would own him.
     
         

  18. #18
    Riker's Avatar
    Status
    Riker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52,620
    Location
    The road so far.
    Fiddle of gold against your
    soul.
     



    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorø View Post
    Shanks >>Akainu simply as that no questions needed shanks is that guy Akainu is strong but shanks would own him.
    Based on what?
     
         

  19. #19
    Dark Wizard A v i's Avatar
    Status
    A v i is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,283
    Location
    ιndιa
    тнєяє'ѕ αℓωαуѕ α
    ℓιттℓє тяυтн
    вєнιи∂ "נυѕт
    кι∂∂ιиg",α
    ℓιттℓє
    киσωℓє∂gє
    вєнιи∂ "ι
    ∂σи'т киσω"
    αи∂ α ℓιттℓє
    ραιи вєнιи∂ ιт'ѕ
    σк
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Did you even read my posts?
    I did. What now? Do you want us to separate BB's crew from the folk at MF?
     
         

  20. #20
    Hashirama_and_Madara HashiraMadara's Avatar
    Status
    HashiraMadara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,595
    Location
    Cape Town South Africa
    You can't comprehend my
    reasoning because I am beyond
    your realm of understanding
     

    Re: Why Do People Keep Claiming Shanks Can Take Out Akainu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Akainu got more hype than Shanks' entire crew when Teach ran from Akainu in terror, but mocked Shanks and walked away from his crew calmy in stride.
    Well Shanks intercepting Kaido and reaching Marineford the same day hype is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Sakazaki hype.
     
         

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •