Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    Senior Member bimbonium's Avatar
    Status
    bimbonium is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,212
    Location
    Lost
    a box of dreams
     

    Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    So if Prime Garp were to fight Mihawk, I believe gap wins regardless of the difficulty, my question is how does Garp prevent getting his arm cut off? Will his Haki be so great that the slash will not penetrate or will his speed and CoO be so great that he'll dodge lethal blows?

    As a result, how do you think luffy will fare against a swordsman with greater strength, like the strongest dude in Wano (if it's not Kaido)?
    Or is he never fighting against a swordsman?


    Off topic does luffy need a weapon or some sort of slicing/piercing attack? And what's up with Usopp's CoO being the only one that's visual?
     
         

  2. #2
    from the shadows lojzaHD's Avatar
    Status
    lojzaHD is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17,572
    Location
    On the way out of Dressrosa
    Oda --> Goda
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Well I guess Luffy will need some sort of weapon.

    Mihawk can just cut his arm off whenever Luffy wants to attack.

    Unless Luffy's CoA is so strong to resist Mihawk's slashes.

    LOL sorry for dislike I don't remember hitting anything
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member bimbonium's Avatar
    Status
    bimbonium is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,212
    Location
    Lost
    a box of dreams
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by lojzaHD View Post
    Well I guess Luffy will need some sort of weapon.

    Mihawk can just cut his arm off whenever Luffy wants to attack.

    Unless Luffy's CoA is so strong to resist Mihawk's slashes.

    LOL sorry for dislike I don't remember hitting anything
    I believe that will happen in luffy's case, but how does prime Garp (arguably the strongest fist fighter) prevent him arm from being cut off
     
         

  4. #4
    from the shadows lojzaHD's Avatar
    Status
    lojzaHD is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17,572
    Location
    On the way out of Dressrosa
    Oda --> Goda
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by bimbonium View Post
    I believe that will happen in luffy's case, but how does prime Garp (arguably the strongest fist fighter) prevent him arm from being cut off
    Well if he has so stong CoA he might just block his slashes.We don't know much of Garps abilities but im sure if Garp was so strong he will find a solution.
     
         

  5. #5
    Konoha no Kiroi Senko YellowFang's Avatar
    Status
    YellowFang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,805
    Location
    NarutoBase
    Kakashi's #1 Fan
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Garp should have super speed and reflexes apart from CoO to win against Mihawk aka Best Swordsman...

    And Luffy doesn't need a weapon, Zoro is with him for a reason... Otherwise Luffy would have died against many antagonists that Zoro defeated...

    Even now, if by chance Luffy and Zoro faces off against Mihawk... Luffy will be defeated more comfortably than Zoro...
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member bimbonium's Avatar
    Status
    bimbonium is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,212
    Location
    Lost
    a box of dreams
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowFang View Post
    Garp should have super speed and reflexes apart from CoO to win against Mihawk aka Best Swordsman...

    And Luffy doesn't need a weapon, Zoro is with him for a reason... Otherwise Luffy would have died against many antagonists that Zoro defeated...

    Even now, if by chance Luffy and Zoro faces off against Mihawk... Luffy will be defeated more comfortably than Zoro...
    So Essentially, Luffy will never fight a Swordsman strong enough to push him to extreme diff cos of Zoro?


    So for Garp to beat Mihawk, it has to be a speed thing.
     
         

  7. #7
    Son D Gohan ayush's Avatar
    Status
    ayush is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    880
    Location
    Even I don't know
    Nico Robin or Mei Terumi ♥
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Why I'm feeling like this section probably have the same future as naruto's??
     
         

  8. #8
    phoenix Phoenix110's Avatar
    Status
    Phoenix110 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    783
    Location
    nigeria
    The evil men do catch up with
    them in d end
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    If Luffy would be at a disadvantage fighting a swordsman and his crew members are there including Zoro, am sure Zoro wouldn't even allow Luffy to fight, Zoro as someone aiming to become the greatest swordsman in the world would rather defeat such a swordsman and the same goes for Mihawk. Garp in his prime has been portrayed to be strong enough to go head to head with G. D Roger so I think his haki is strong enough to block Mihawk's slashes
     
         

  9. #9
    Konoha no Kiroi Senko YellowFang's Avatar
    Status
    YellowFang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,805
    Location
    NarutoBase
    Kakashi's #1 Fan
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by bimbonium View Post
    So Essentially, Luffy will never fight a Swordsman strong enough to push him to extreme diff cos of Zoro?


    So for Garp to beat Mihawk, it has to be a speed thing.
    IMO...
    Any swordsman close to his level will certainly hold edge against him...
    Kaku would have mid-high diffed Luffy... But now Luffy solos without second thought...


    But G4 seems promising since it has range, control and super speed...
     
         

  10. #10
    Monkey D. Bambina Magi's Avatar
    Status
    Magi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    411
    Location
    Dining Planet
    The book of Sasuke-sama
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    It's probably haki based more so than speed and I doubt Luffy will end up using a weapon even though it's somewhat essential. Even Roger has been seen using a weapon so Luffy should at least learn the basics
     
         

  11. #11
    Arigato Mayo ToshiZO's Avatar
    Status
    ToshiZO is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,470
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Notice how the strongest characters are not swordsman? Roger, WB, Garp. Even look at todays Yonkous and Admirals.

    Theres your answer.
     
         

  12. #12
    bada$$. Black Mamba's Avatar
    Status
    Black Mamba is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,434
    Location
    The Streets
    "If you even dream of
    beating me you'd better wake
    up and apologize" -
    Muhammad Ali
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowFang View Post
    Garp should have super speed and reflexes apart from CoO to win against Mihawk aka Best Swordsman...

    And Luffy doesn't need a weapon, Zoro is with him for a reason... Otherwise Luffy would have died against many antagonists that Zoro defeated...

    Even now, if by chance Luffy and Zoro faces off against Mihawk... Luffy will be defeated more comfortably than Zoro...
    @bold Lol pls name one.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowFang View Post
    IMO...
    Any swordsman close to his level will certainly hold edge against him...
    Kaku would have mid-high diffed Luffy... But now Luffy solos without second thought...

    But G4 seems promising since it has range, control and super speed...
    @bold Lmao you can't be serious.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member U mAd's Avatar
    Status
    U mAd is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    730
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowFang View Post
    IMO...
    Any swordsman close to his level will certainly hold edge against him...
    Kaku would have mid-high diffed Luffy... But now Luffy solos without second thought...


    But G4 seems promising since it has range, control and super speed...
    i am gonna use this on my sig.looooooool.

    on a serious note g2 to g4 luffy has speed and range.luffy has range as default since he is rubber.luffy has crap controll with g4 he cant take 10 mins brake everytime and except the surrounding people to help him.
     
         

  14. #14
    Simple Logic Vandenre1ch's Avatar
    Status
    Vandenre1ch is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,536
    Location
    Under your house
    When you feel like you hate
    your life,, its only because
    your stuck in someone elses
    flow. You must first go with
    the flow if ever you ever wish
    for things to get better. Go
    with the flow=acceptance.
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    If Luffy ever does get a weapon, it'll most likely be a staff. Sun Wukong used a staff and we all know Oda is a fanboy for Akira Toriyama(DBZ creator). Don't think he'll get one though.
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member bimbonium's Avatar
    Status
    bimbonium is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,212
    Location
    Lost
    a box of dreams
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToshiZO View Post
    Notice how the strongest characters are not swordsman? Roger, WB, Garp. Even look at todays Yonkous and Admirals.

    Theres your answer.
    What about Shanks and fujitora? But essentially my question was fist vs sword at the highest level of both?
     
         

  16. #16
    Premium User the darkest soul's Avatar
    Status
    the darkest soul is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,463
    Location
    Loguetown
    gankers are the prostitutes of
    pvp
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    If Garp fights Mihawk he's going to lose a limb. There's no if and or buts about it, he just will. The only reason Shanks hasn't is because he has a sword of his own that he can reflect or deflect attacks with.

    In the best situation he'll leave the match with a half disconnected limb, but he won't walk away in... one piece.
     
         

  17. #17
    from the shadows lojzaHD's Avatar
    Status
    lojzaHD is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17,572
    Location
    On the way out of Dressrosa
    Oda --> Goda
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    It's probably haki based more so than speed and I doubt Luffy will end up using a weapon even though it's somewhat essential. Even Roger has been seen using a weapon so Luffy should at least learn the basics
    Didn't Luffy use a sword in Thriller Bark? I don't remember.
     
         

  18. #18
    Respected and Feared KingHashirama's Avatar
    Status
    KingHashirama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    26,051
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Will he fight a swordsman of great power? You already know he will!!!!!! Oda must give us the match (even though it'll be luffy's win , but still).





    Garp's Haki will probably pervent him from getting his arm cut, and same for luffy.
     
         
    Last edited by KingHashirama; 09-01-2015 at 09:35 PM.

  19. #19
    Premium User KesOnFire's Avatar
    Status
    KesOnFire is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8,677
    Location
    Mount Myoboku
    The Will Of Fire Is In Me!
    NH<3<3
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingHashirama View Post
    Will he fight a swordsman of great power? You already know he will!!!!!! Oda must give us the match (even though it'll be luffy's win , but still).





    Garp's Haki will probably pervent him from getting his arm cut, and same for luffy.
    Hey bro do you remember the episode of those scans? Like the number I would like to rewatch it lol
     
         

  20. #20
    Respected and Feared KingHashirama's Avatar
    Status
    KingHashirama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    26,051
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o
     

    Re: Mihawk, Garp and luffy's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by kesonfire View Post
    Hey bro do you remember the episode of those scans? Like the number I would like to rewatch it lol
    Episode no. 66 bro! Its near the end of the episode.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •