• Itachi

17 42.50%
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last»
    Your bro. Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    June 2009...nuff said!

Reasons why i believe that Jiraiya would beat Itachi Uchiha in a battle:

1. Susanoo is far less dangerous with knowledge. Jiraiya can just simply flee and let Susanoo completely drain Itachi. Of course Yomi Numa can counter it anyway IMO, so I don't see Susanoo as a big issue. Back to the flee point, it would also give him time to prep Frog Song.

2. Itachi's 1 chance to win this fight is Amaterasu and even that can be debated. It is a LONG shot that Jiraiya would be able to seal it off of himself, so I wont argue that case. That said, there are some other things to consider.

A. I cannot imagine Jiraiya sealed it for no reason. So given the knowledge he is given by the fact that he should have his own knowledge we aren't fully aware of, its not as dangerous as it normally would be.

3. We saw Madara do something to get rid of it, most assume had to do with his phasing out of existence, which is a space/time transportation type thing. If you agree with all of that, then there is a chance reverse summoning would remove Amaterasu from a person. Maybe traversing the space/time barrier has that sort of effect. I am not saying this is the case, just something to think about.

4. Frog Song could still be an issue here due to speed and distance. With full knowledge on each other it may just be IC for Jiraiya and them to come out swinging in full force. They knew Pain was tough so they brought Naruto with a mini army and prepped SM and all that. They even came ready to use their "mini" Frog Song. So with such a starting distance and all stipulations provided there really isn't much Itachi can do to win this.

By the time he gets to Jiraiya there could be 3 boss summons which will require every bit Itachi has to take care of. His only chance at taking them all 3 quickly would be via Susanoo, but that entails a massive chakra drain or even death.....still not sure exactly how quickly Susanoo kills him or the full effect it would have

Also, Tsukuyomi has yet to kill any one in the manga. At best it will weaken the spirit of the victim.

Weak willed ppl will die ppl with strong willpower will survive.
    Jiraiya is by no means weak willed. He infact has more willpower than many ppl in the manga including kakashi. I mean he willed himself back to life to give a dying message to konoha and then he took a rocket hit head on before dying. I think he can tank Tsukuyomi

/discuss

Last edited by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan; 07-09-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Status
    Jun 2009
    June 2009...nuff said!

Re: Reasons why i believe that Jiraiya would beat Itachi Uchiha in a battle:

If you don't believe me:

here is the link to the manga with relation to what tsukuyomi actually does to a person.

Naruto 142 page 19 | One Manga

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

all this explanation is not needed itachi said he would lose and that should be good enough

Status
    Mar 2009
    SSJ God

Yeah i agree with you itachi himself was afraid of Jiraiya and I don't just believe it was because he didn't wanna hurt anyone from konoha either.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

it had alittle to do with the fact that he had used his shringan too much but mostly he knew they were outranked

Status
    Apr 2008
    Don't ever let anyone tell you
    what you can't do, but always
    listen to what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan View Post
    1. Susanoo is far less dangerous with knowledge. Jiraiya can just simply flee and let Susanoo completely drain Itachi. Of course Yomi Numa can counter it anyway IMO, so I don't see Susanoo as a big issue. Back to the flee point, it would also give him time to prep Frog Song.

2. Itachi's 1 chance to win this fight is Amaterasu and even that can be debated. It is a LONG shot that Jiraiya would be able to seal it off of himself, so I wont argue that case. That said, there are some other things to consider.

A. I cannot imagine Jiraiya sealed it for no reason. So given the knowledge he is given by the fact that he should have his own knowledge we aren't fully aware of, its not as dangerous as it normally would be.

3. We saw Madara do something to get rid of it, most assume had to do with his phasing out of existence, which is a space/time transportation type thing. If you agree with all of that, then there is a chance reverse summoning would remove Amaterasu from a person. Maybe traversing the space/time barrier has that sort of effect. I am not saying this is the case, just something to think about.

4. Frog Song could still be an issue here due to speed and distance. With full knowledge on each other it may just be IC for Jiraiya and them to come out swinging in full force. They knew Pain was tough so they brought Naruto with a mini army and prepped SM and all that. They even came ready to use their "mini" Frog Song. So with such a starting distance and all stipulations provided there really isn't much Itachi can do to win this.

By the time he gets to Jiraiya there could be 3 boss summons which will require every bit Itachi has to take care of. His only chance at taking them all 3 quickly would be via Susanoo, but that entails a massive chakra drain or even death.....still not sure exactly how quickly Susanoo kills him or the full effect it would have

Also, Tsukuyomi has yet to kill any one in the manga. At best it will weaken the spirit of the victim.

Jiraiya is by no means weak willed. He infact has more willpower than many ppl in the manga including kakashi. I mean he willed himself back to life to give a dying message to konoha and then he took a rocket hit head on before dying. I think he can tank Tsukuyomi

/discuss
    2nd. what this guy has just posted is what i've been saying in this website for over a year now.

Status
    Mar 2009
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbiz View Post
    2nd. what this guy has just posted is what i've been saying in this website for over a year now.

Sorry i did not know that i have not been for 2 years in the foeums but either way it is a good thread/poll.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

If you don't believe me:

here is the link to the manga with relation to what tsukuyomi actually does to a person.

Naruto 142 page 19 | One Manga
    even though its intention may be to lower morale it can still kill

Status
    This user has no status.

Of course dude, the outcome of this fight depends only on who first uses their last resort jutsus.

I mean Susanoo and Frog Song.

And of course " reverse summoning would jsut remove the strongest ninjutsu " is a good assumption, but it's only an assumption and nothing more.

You know, If Itachi uses Susano'o first, he will be the winner. If Jiraya uses the frog song first, he'll be the winner.

Also, Tsykuomi, not only weakens the SPIRIT of a person, it also drains the sh1t out of them. Just look how many days did Kakashi spend in the hospital eventhough he had a Sharingan. You don't think Jitaya's eyes are kind of capable off surviving Tsykuomi when Kakashis weren't ?

Ofc we don't know how does Tsykuomi and Amaterasu work against Sage mode, we don't know what Gamabunta could do.. therefore the outcome of this fight is a mystery.

But as I have already stated -

Itachi uses Susano'o first - he wins.
    Jiraya uses frog song first - he wins.

Other points are nothing but speculations.

IF.... then...
    he.. probavbly did.. research.. on... amaterasu..
    he... would probably find... a way to counter.. susanoo..
    he would probably... escape.. the frog song..

etc etc etc..

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

/discuss
    my point coinside with the point from above
    1 agreed susanoo is defensive (the ultimate sheild) its the sword of
    to(something) that will pose a threat to j man

2 the chances of jiraiyah finding a decent couter is high but it would only counter a small amout of hellfire as the sample was small the counter could only gaurd against a small amount and dont one shot itachi he has a plethera of powerful nin and genjutsu

3 irrelevent

4 frog song is a genjutsu
    and genjutsu are the sharingans forte so it would not have the same effect on itachi that it had on pains puppets

last point susanoo is a combination of itachis most powerful offense and defense the sword of toketsu (place whatever it strikes into a permanent genjutsu like state) and yata's mirror (all attacks will be blocked regardless)
    the only defense j man would have against this is a retreat til itachi can no longer sustain them (with this i have convinced myself that jman if he wins it will be barely)

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

and whose to say that itachi would leave them draining his chakra while the enemy is not present i doubt that it would happen in this manner

Status
    This user has no status.

za, it's not easy to retreat from a spirit sword.

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

When naruto was attacked by Kisame and Itachi. Jiraiya had a scroll to absorb the amaterasu flames. He even knew about that technique so i don't think Itachi has many things that would suprise j-man. I think he would win pretty easy.

Status
    Jun 2008
    saraisthebest! #henrikisevil

There are 3 things that separate Itachi from Jiraiya.

Knowledge
    Experience
    Jutsus/Usage

Jiraiya is one of the smartest shinobi out there. He could definately defeat Itachi. Though it'd make a good, riveting fight.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by RokuNR View Post
    There are 3 things that separate Itachi from Jiraiya.

Knowledge
    Experience
    Jutsus/Usage

Jiraiya is one of the smartest shinobi out there. He could definately defeat Itachi. Though it'd make a good, riveting fight.

There are indeed three things which separate Jiraya from Itachi:

1) Eyes
    2) Jutsu
    3) Younger Generation always surpasses the older :o

Status
    Jun 2009
    June 2009...nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Curtain Messiah View Post
    There are indeed three things which separate Jiraya from Itachi:

1) Eyes
    2) Jutsu
    3) Younger Generation always surpasses the older :o

1) Chakra reserve
    2) Inquisitive thinking/planning
    3) Wisdom

also, if you support itachi, please provide proof that Itachi will overcome Jiraiya.

Do not sit on the bench and say "if X does this, X will win, but if Y does this first, Y will win"

take a side and defend.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Curtain Messiah View Post
    za, it's not easy to retreat from a spirit sword.
    exactly so if jiraiyah doesnt use something powerful enough to finish itachi before he activates susanoo its over

and vice versa

so u are absolutely right the first to use one of these super powerfull jutsu will be the winner

Status
    This user has no status.

1) Chakra reserve
    2) Inquisitive thinking/planning
    3) Wisdom

also, if you support itachi, please provide proof that Itachi will overcome Jiraiya.

Do not sit on the bench and say "if X does this, X will win, but if Y does this first, Y will win"

take a side and defend.

Why should I take a side and defend it ?
    I have already posted my opinion and noone, i said noone found a way to counter Susano'o yet. And noone could found a way to counter a Frog song jutsu.

Defending a side is just ignorance of facts and fanboyism. When you clearly see that there is not enough facts about each character to declare one or another winner, why take a side and defend it.

Or do you want me to type:

Of course Jiraya did research on Amaterasu and will jsut fidn a way to counter it like a fireball jutsu.
    and of course Jiraya will counter Tsykuomi.. because.. he';s jiRaya after all! He'll find something to counter the strongest genjutsu (eventhough he stated he;s not very good at genjutsu)

and

"Itachi's specialty was genjutsu, so he will counter the frog song without problems"
    and
    "Itachi is very fast proabably faster than Jiraya in sage mode"

and *drums*

* Ofc, Jiraya would find a way to counter Susano'o !! He's Jiraya after all! *

Status
    Jul 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kabumaru View Post
    exactly so if jiraiyah doesnt use something powerful enough to finish itachi before he activates susanoo its over

and vice versa

so u are absolutely right the first to use one of these super powerfull jutsu will be the winner
    in a short answer i would have to agree with that above.....

but to be honest.... itachi & jiriya didnt know all of each others moves.....
    so if they fought i think the battle would be exhaustin and nobody would win....

As far as itachi not wantin to fight jiriya at that point of time....
    He already used his eyes and didnt want a bigger hassle.... Plus kisame was with him...
    Kisame is good fighter/character.... But even he wasnt ready for kakashi....
    But enuff babblin....

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    This user has no status.

Fleeing a battle means he has won against itachi??

Sure are some weird rules being listed here.

Of course, when Jiraiya flees, itachi will just keep susanou going to drain himself lol.

Errr....Amaterasu spread across entire 8tails within seconds, tobi also when engulfed had 3/4 of his body covered before he could act.

Jiraiyas scrolls would be burnt to cinders before he could even attempt sealing the fire, and while jiraiya is sitting down with a scroll sealing this fire you think itachi is gonna just stand there watching??

Surely this is with all jutsus, not just amaterasu?? Meaning itachi can simply do the same for any jutsu Jiraiya uses against Itachi??

....Itachi is the narutoverses king genjutsu user, he can cast extremely complex genjutsu using just his finger, i highly doubt frog song beats it.

Its annoying where sage mode is the new thing so suddenly it beats everything-it doesn't, unless you dont remember Pain was fighting on equal ground with naruto PRIOR to 9tails release, and pain was bleeding from his mouth from over exhaution, and god realm had to wait for his powers to return.

Sage mode and shizz is great, but it isnt the end all everyone keeps making it out to be.

By the time he gets to Jiraiya??

Itachi is one of the fastest ninjas out there, he is at equal speed or more than Jiraiya, even kakashi has trouble keeping up and kakashi is stupidly fast.

Yes, tsukyomi is simply a will drainer, however there is no way to cast off mangekyou sharingan genjutsu, when sasuke broke it, itachi did it on purpose, that was the plan all along, only 8tails managed to stop sasukes mangekyou genjutsu, and im under the opinion thats because sasuke is a gay emo **** with 1% of the talent his brother held with tsukyomi.

The 3 sannin are out-dated, the new generation beats the first.

Even the 4th was better than Jiraiya, orochimaru has fought Jiraiya and survived, and orochimaru got owned by itachi TWICE.

Jiraiyas strong, but compared to the big dogs of akatsuki (Paink, Madara, itachi) he's quite pathetic.

The whole thing where itachi and kisame had that convo is questionable also.

Kisames lines are heavily sarcastic, and when jiraiya turned up kisame looked more than willng to fight and appeared to be enjoying the prospect of fighting jiraiya-not scared.

Itachi seemed detatched.

It has also been considered more than likely that jiraiyas info was from itachi, given itachi was the spy in akatsuki and itachi never wanted to deal with jiraiya.

Also pains "if jiraiya had known, hed have beaten me" is questionable.

Most of konoha once realising his secret knew how to beat pain.

It doesn't mean Jiraiyas kickass though.

The problem with "if hed known the secret behind my attacks" is thats the whole point of ninjutsu etc.

Its meant to look impossible to beat until you figure out the trick, this is what every fight involving shikamaru teaches us.

Itachi has yatas mirror, IT DOESNT REQUIRE SUSANOU to be used.

susanou is a summon, that is all, totsuka sword and yatas mirror are legendary items, they are seperate.

Oro looked for totsuka, and oro wouldnt bother if it meant a sharingan summon requirement.

Itachis yatas mirror is an item, therefore theoretically requires no chakra.

Zetsu himself stated, itachi is INVINCIBLE.

ergo Jiraiya doesnt own itachi.

Hell even Tobi was scared of itachi, afterall, amaterasu DOES affect tobi, and itachi is very VERY smart.
    Tobi planned for itachis death etc, and tobi himself said if itachi was fighting for real, sasuke would have been killed many times over.

Admittedly, itachi is overpowered, maybe thats why its a good thing he's dead.

Pain killed Jiraiya with ease and very quickly once he actually used his full capacity, he was toying with Jiraiya with the 3 lesser bodies, and taking on 3 required Jman to use his strongest genjutsu from the toads, and even that failed and pain continued with more bodies.

Pain is being ordered around by a sharingan user-Tobi

Itachi is on par or very close to Tobi in skill, as many have stated in the Madara vs oro thread, how itachis a good comparison as he beat oro and tobi would be similar given sharingan.

So, personally, itachi wins.

Thing is i personally am of the opinion that itachi is #1 ninja so far.

Until i see tobi fighting he'll remain there personally.

Itachi would have made an AWESOME hokage.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Don't ever let anyone tell you
    what you can't do, but always
    listen to what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedlink View Post

Of course, when Jiraiya flees, itachi will just keep susanou going to drain himself lol.

Errr....Amaterasu spread across entire 8tails within seconds, tobi also when engulfed had 3/4 of his body covered before he could act.

Jiraiyas scrolls would be burnt to cinders before he could even attempt sealing the fire, and while jiraiya is sitting down with a scroll sealing this fire you think itachi is gonna just stand there watching??

Surely this is with all jutsus, not just amaterasu?? Meaning itachi can simply do the same for any jutsu Jiraiya uses against Itachi??

....Itachi is the narutoverses king genjutsu user, he can cast extremely complex genjutsu using just his finger, i highly doubt frog song beats it.

Its annoying where sage mode is the new thing so suddenly it beats everything-it doesn't, unless you dont remember Pain was fighting on equal ground with naruto PRIOR to 9tails release, and pain was bleeding from his mouth from over exhaution, and god realm had to wait for his powers to return.

Sage mode and shizz is great, but it isnt the end all everyone keeps making it out to be.

Itachi is one of the fastest ninjas out there, he is at equal speed or more than Jiraiya, even kakashi has trouble keeping up and kakashi is stupidly fast.

Yes, tsukyomi is simply a will drainer, however there is no way to cast off mangekyou sharingan genjutsu, when sasuke broke it, itachi did it on purpose, that was the plan all along, only 8tails managed to stop sasukes mangekyou genjutsu, and im under the opinion thats because sasuke is a gay emo **** with 1% of the talent his brother held with tsukyomi.

Even the 4th was better than Jiraiya, orochimaru has fought Jiraiya and survived, and orochimaru got owned by itachi TWICE.

Jiraiyas strong, but compared to the big dogs of akatsuki (Paink, Madara, itachi) he's quite pathetic.

Kisames lines are heavily sarcastic, and when jiraiya turned up kisame looked more than willng to fight and appeared to be enjoying the prospect of fighting jiraiya-not scared.

Itachi seemed detatched.

It has also been considered more than likely that jiraiyas info was from itachi, given itachi was the spy in akatsuki and itachi never wanted to deal with jiraiya.

The problem with "if hed known the secret behind my attacks" is thats the whole point of ninjutsu etc.

Its meant to look impossible to beat until you figure out the trick, this is what every fight involving shikamaru teaches us.

susanou is a summon, that is all, totsuka sword and yatas mirror are legendary items, they are seperate.

Oro looked for totsuka, and oro wouldnt bother if it meant a sharingan summon requirement.

Hell even Tobi was scared of itachi, afterall, amaterasu DOES affect tobi, and itachi is very VERY smart.
    Tobi planned for itachis death etc, and tobi himself said if itachi was fighting for real, sasuke would have been killed many times over.

Pain killed Jiraiya with ease and very quickly once he actually used his full capacity, he was toying with Jiraiya with the 3 lesser bodies, and taking on 3 required Jman to use his strongest genjutsu from the toads, and even that failed and pain continued with more bodies.

Itachi is on par or very close to Tobi in skill, as many have stated in the Madara vs oro thread, how itachis a good comparison as he beat oro and tobi would be similar given sharingan.

yay you know how to write a lot. guess what, these are all opinions from you. and the facts that you DO explain never explain how itachi can kill jiraiya.

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    This user has no status.

/discuss

Also, Jiraya is stated by Pa frog indirectly to have a large supply of chakra, because when Naruto first went to Myobokuzan, it is said that only those with high chakra levels can learn Senjutsu. We have no evidence that Itachi has a ton of chakra. Not only that, but Jiraya is able to summon Gamabunta, Gamaken, and Gamahiro, which are by the way HUGE summons. In order for a summon to take place you have to tie the creature to that area with the amount of chakra according to its size or skill or whatever, so most people would tire out summoning Gamabunta. Jiraya shows no stress in it at all.
    Itachi even told Kisame that if he and Kisame were to attack Jiraya together, then either Jiraya would win or they would all be killed in the struggle (that would be such a cool fight though... that'd be i'll if Itachi and Kisame tried to get away and Jiraya took them both out with the last bit of chakra).

Also, we have seen Sasuke outrun Amaterasu for a set period of time while he was fighting Itachi. Now I believe a Sage Mode speed augmented Jiraya could potentially outrun this jutsu. But not only that, Jiraya can summon two beings that are possibly stronger than Itachi (Ma and Pa toad) to assist him in battle. Now with the 3 of them using their brains this would be a lot easier then it already would be.

What interests me the most is how insightful Itachi is. He knows about Madara, he knew Sasuke wasn't killed by Deidara, He knew Sasuke had "sealed" Orochimaru and not killed him, and he seemed to know about Jirayas sage techniques.

Madara also seems to be fairly insightful, there are more instances then this, but he said about Sasuke "Will you remain a snake forever? Or will you shed your wings and become a hawk?". Pretty unrelated, just got carried away :-D

But what I meant to get at with Itachi is that his insightfulness could pose a problem for Jiraya, but I dont think it would do ALL too much.

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedlink View Post

Itachi seemed detatched.

You forget that it's pretty often that when the characters make references to another person being able to beat them, its just the authors way of saying who was stronger because it was manga canon. Everyone wants to know whose stronger, Itachi or Jiraya. Kishimoto threw out a bit of info for us. If Itachi says he's stronger, then he's stronger. If Pain says Jiraya would have beat him had he known his secret, then its final. Bad-ass guys like them normally wouldn't admit that.

Anyway, Itachi was a badass dude. But his statement about Jirayas strength was all the proof that we should need, because the AUTHOR put it in there. And no matter what WE say its KISHI's opinion that counts.

Status
    Aug 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    You forget that it's pretty often that when the characters make references to another person being able to beat them, its just the authors way of saying who was stronger because it was manga canon. Everyone wants to know whose stronger, Itachi or Jiraya. Kishimoto threw out a bit of info for us. If Itachi says he's stronger, then he's stronger. If Pain says Jiraya would have beat him had he known his secret, then its final. Bad-ass guys like them normally wouldn't admit that.

Anyway, Itachi was a badass dude. But his statement about Jirayas strength was all the proof that we should need, because the AUTHOR put it in there. And no matter what WE say its KISHI's opinion that counts.
    you guys are all missing one important fact with that statement where itachi said that jaraiya was an equal match for him. Itachi was like a spy for jiraiya and he was secretly against akatsuki, so of course he would say whatever he needed to avoid a fight with a comrade. I'm both a huge itachi and jiraiya fan so it's hard for me to pick one but i'm pretty sure that itachi would edge out in the end had he no illnesses or prior conditions. Jiraiya was a strong guy with strong jutsu, but look at the facts:

1.Genjutsu- Tsukyomi vs. Frog song. There is no way that itachi would get caught in a slow ass technique as that and even if he did, he is a genjutsu specialist, he CAN counter it. Tsukyomi would pwn jiraiya because even jiraiya himself said he didnt know much about genjutsu.

2. Niinjutsu- Jiraiya's SM is pretty awesome but you just can't compare it to the ultimate ninjutsu which is ametarasu. A fully concentrated itachi would obliterate jiraiya with that jutsu. He wouldn't even know what hit him. And with jiraiya's frog summons, well we already see how itachi counters big summons like that, so no debate there.

3. Taijutsu- This is the only area that i can see jiraiya having a leg up on itachi and thats with the frog katas, which itachi would probably be unprepared for. If jiraiya came up with a good plan, avoided itachi's genjutsu then i think he may stand a chance with the taijutsu.

In the end, I would just like to think that it would end in a tie with both them dying because after itachi use all of those moves to beat jiraiya(and he will probably have to use them several times) he will be drained and die and jiraiya will be dead as well.

Status
    May 2008
    This user has no status.

Itachi would have made an awesome Hokage.

And I'm not too sure, Jiraiya and Orochimaru were pretty much equal especially in their prime (back when they were younger). And Itachi easily beats Orochimaru.

However, spoiler:

Databook 3 proves that Itachi and Jiraiya were equal in strength.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last»