Page 1 of 3 123 Last»

Hybrid View

your bro. Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    june 2009...nuff said.

Reasons why i believe that Jiraiya would beat Itachi Uchiha in a battle:

1. Susanoo is far less dangerous with knowledge. Jiraiya can just simply flee and let Susanoo completely drain Itachi. Of course Yomi Numa can counter it anyway IMO, so I don't see Susanoo as a big issue. Back to the flee point, it would also give him time to prep Frog Song.

2. Itachi's 1 chance to win this fight is Amaterasu and even that can be debated. It is a LONG shot that Jiraiya would be able to seal it off of himself, so I wont argue that case. That said, there are some other things to consider.

A. I cannot imagine Jiraiya sealed it for no reason. So given the knowledge he is given by the fact that he should have his own knowledge we aren't fully aware of, its not as dangerous as it normally would be.

3. We saw Madara do something to get rid of it, most assume had to do with his phasing out of existence, which is a space/time transportation type thing. If you agree with all of that, then there is a chance reverse summoning would remove Amaterasu from a person. Maybe traversing the space/time barrier has that sort of effect. I am not saying this is the case, just something to think about.

4. Frog Song could still be an issue here due to speed and distance. With full knowledge on each other it may just be IC for Jiraiya and them to come out swinging in full force. They knew Pain was tough so they brought Naruto with a mini army and prepped SM and all that. They even came ready to use their "mini" Frog Song. So with such a starting distance and all stipulations provided there really isn't much Itachi can do to win this.

By the time he gets to Jiraiya there could be 3 boss summons which will require every bit Itachi has to take care of. His only chance at taking them all 3 quickly would be via Susanoo, but that entails a massive chakra drain or even death.....still not sure exactly how quickly Susanoo kills him or the full effect it would have

Also, Tsukuyomi has yet to kill any one in the manga. At best it will weaken the spirit of the victim.

Weak willed ppl will die ppl with strong willpower will survive.
    Jiraiya is by no means weak willed. He infact has more willpower than many ppl in the manga including kakashi. I mean he willed himself back to life to give a dying message to konoha and then he took a rocket hit head on before dying. I think he can tank Tsukuyomi

/discuss

Last edited by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan; 07-09-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    june 2009...nuff said.

Re: Reasons why i believe that Jiraiya would beat Itachi Uchiha in a battle:

If you don't believe me:

here is the link to the manga with relation to what tsukuyomi actually does to a person.

Naruto 142 page 19 | One Manga

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!

all this explanation is not needed itachi said he would lose and that should be good enough

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Yeah i agree with you itachi himself was afraid of Jiraiya and I don't just believe it was because he didn't wanna hurt anyone from konoha either.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!

it had alittle to do with the fact that he had used his shringan too much but mostly he knew they were outranked

Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    saraisthebest! #henrikisevil

There are 3 things that separate Itachi from Jiraiya.

Knowledge
    Experience
    Jutsus/Usage

Jiraiya is one of the smartest shinobi out there. He could definately defeat Itachi. Though it'd make a good, riveting fight.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by RokuNR View Post
    There are 3 things that separate Itachi from Jiraiya.

Knowledge
    Experience
    Jutsus/Usage

Jiraiya is one of the smartest shinobi out there. He could definately defeat Itachi. Though it'd make a good, riveting fight.

There are indeed three things which separate Jiraya from Itachi:

1) Eyes
    2) Jutsu
    3) Younger Generation always surpasses the older :o

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan View Post
    If you don't believe me:

here is the link to the manga with relation to what tsukuyomi actually does to a person.

Naruto 142 page 19 | One Manga
    even though its intention may be to lower morale it can still kill

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Of course dude, the outcome of this fight depends only on who first uses their last resort jutsus.

I mean Susanoo and Frog Song.

And of course " reverse summoning would jsut remove the strongest ninjutsu " is a good assumption, but it's only an assumption and nothing more.

You know, If Itachi uses Susano'o first, he will be the winner. If Jiraya uses the frog song first, he'll be the winner.

Also, Tsykuomi, not only weakens the SPIRIT of a person, it also drains the sh1t out of them. Just look how many days did Kakashi spend in the hospital eventhough he had a Sharingan. You don't think Jitaya's eyes are kind of capable off surviving Tsykuomi when Kakashis weren't ?

Ofc we don't know how does Tsykuomi and Amaterasu work against Sage mode, we don't know what Gamabunta could do.. therefore the outcome of this fight is a mystery.

But as I have already stated -

Itachi uses Susano'o first - he wins.
    Jiraya uses frog song first - he wins.

Other points are nothing but speculations.

IF.... then...
    he.. probavbly did.. research.. on... amaterasu..
    he... would probably find... a way to counter.. susanoo..
    he would probably... escape.. the frog song..

etc etc etc..

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!

1. Susanoo is far less dangerous with knowledge. Jiraiya can just simply flee and let Susanoo completely drain Itachi. Of course Yomi Numa can counter it anyway IMO, so I don't see Susanoo as a big issue. Back to the flee point, it would also give him time to prep Frog Song.

2. Itachi's 1 chance to win this fight is Amaterasu and even that can be debated. It is a LONG shot that Jiraiya would be able to seal it off of himself, so I wont argue that case. That said, there are some other things to consider.

A. I cannot imagine Jiraiya sealed it for no reason. So given the knowledge he is given by the fact that he should have his own knowledge we aren't fully aware of, its not as dangerous as it normally would be.

3. We saw Madara do something to get rid of it, most assume had to do with his phasing out of existence, which is a space/time transportation type thing. If you agree with all of that, then there is a chance reverse summoning would remove Amaterasu from a person. Maybe traversing the space/time barrier has that sort of effect. I am not saying this is the case, just something to think about.

4. Frog Song could still be an issue here due to speed and distance. With full knowledge on each other it may just be IC for Jiraiya and them to come out swinging in full force. They knew Pain was tough so they brought Naruto with a mini army and prepped SM and all that. They even came ready to use their "mini" Frog Song. So with such a starting distance and all stipulations provided there really isn't much Itachi can do to win this.

By the time he gets to Jiraiya there could be 3 boss summons which will require every bit Itachi has to take care of. His only chance at taking them all 3 quickly would be via Susanoo, but that entails a massive chakra drain or even death.....still not sure exactly how quickly Susanoo kills him or the full effect it would have

Also, Tsukuyomi has yet to kill any one in the manga. At best it will weaken the spirit of the victim.

Jiraiya is by no means weak willed. He infact has more willpower than many ppl in the manga including kakashi. I mean he willed himself back to life to give a dying message to konoha and then he took a rocket hit head on before dying. I think he can tank Tsukuyomi

/discuss
    my point coinside with the point from above
    1 agreed susanoo is defensive (the ultimate sheild) its the sword of
    to(something) that will pose a threat to j man

2 the chances of jiraiyah finding a decent couter is high but it would only counter a small amout of hellfire as the sample was small the counter could only gaurd against a small amount and dont one shot itachi he has a plethera of powerful nin and genjutsu

3 irrelevent

4 frog song is a genjutsu
    and genjutsu are the sharingans forte so it would not have the same effect on itachi that it had on pains puppets

last point susanoo is a combination of itachis most powerful offense and defense the sword of toketsu (place whatever it strikes into a permanent genjutsu like state) and yata's mirror (all attacks will be blocked regardless)
    the only defense j man would have against this is a retreat til itachi can no longer sustain them (with this i have convinced myself that jman if he wins it will be barely)

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!

and whose to say that itachi would leave them draining his chakra while the enemy is not present i doubt that it would happen in this manner

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

/discuss
    2nd. what this guy has just posted is what i've been saying in this website for over a year now.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbiz View Post
    2nd. what this guy has just posted is what i've been saying in this website for over a year now.

Sorry i did not know that i have not been for 2 years in the foeums but either way it is a good thread/poll.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    jus chilling

good points i also think that because i have never seen itachi fight at full strength

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

/discuss

Also, Jiraya is stated by Pa frog indirectly to have a large supply of chakra, because when Naruto first went to Myobokuzan, it is said that only those with high chakra levels can learn Senjutsu. We have no evidence that Itachi has a ton of chakra. Not only that, but Jiraya is able to summon Gamabunta, Gamaken, and Gamahiro, which are by the way HUGE summons. In order for a summon to take place you have to tie the creature to that area with the amount of chakra according to its size or skill or whatever, so most people would tire out summoning Gamabunta. Jiraya shows no stress in it at all.
    Itachi even told Kisame that if he and Kisame were to attack Jiraya together, then either Jiraya would win or they would all be killed in the struggle (that would be such a cool fight though... that'd be i'll if Itachi and Kisame tried to get away and Jiraya took them both out with the last bit of chakra).

Also, we have seen Sasuke outrun Amaterasu for a set period of time while he was fighting Itachi. Now I believe a Sage Mode speed augmented Jiraya could potentially outrun this jutsu. But not only that, Jiraya can summon two beings that are possibly stronger than Itachi (Ma and Pa toad) to assist him in battle. Now with the 3 of them using their brains this would be a lot easier then it already would be.

What interests me the most is how insightful Itachi is. He knows about Madara, he knew Sasuke wasn't killed by Deidara, He knew Sasuke had "sealed" Orochimaru and not killed him, and he seemed to know about Jirayas sage techniques.

Madara also seems to be fairly insightful, there are more instances then this, but he said about Sasuke "Will you remain a snake forever? Or will you shed your wings and become a hawk?". Pretty unrelated, just got carried away :-D

But what I meant to get at with Itachi is that his insightfulness could pose a problem for Jiraya, but I dont think it would do ALL too much.

sasori of the red sand sasori420's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

/discuss
    1. Sussano is not far less dangerous with knowlage, which makes no difference anyway becasue Jiraiya has never Seen Sussano, If Jiraiya runs he just lost the fight and its not like Itachi will let him leave he will thrust the sword at jiraiya the minute he trys to leave, Sussano is faster then people think and has a large range
    2.So by your logic amaterasu isnt as dangerous because jiraiya has seen and sealed it before. How does that make it less dangerous? Does sealing it make it less hot in anyway? No it doesnt and Jiraiya doesnt know that the fire goes on the spot where the user looks so its no less dangerous.
    3.If Jiraiya was hit with amaterasu and a frog summoned him somewhere else, first off he fleed and thats a loss and second the fire would go with him. Tobi is able to get rid of it because he is physically able to phase out parts of his body so he prettly much makes him self tangable if he wants to. Jiraiya cant do that
    4. So? Frog song genjutsu takes alot of time to set up and get ma and pa to get the pitch right which gives away their position. The only reason pain got hit was because jiraiya was able to distract the pains, instead of running he attacked them which caught them off guard, but since all itachi has to do is look at jiraiya to put him under tsukuyomi, thats the advantage right there. Itachis genjutsu takes no time whats so ever and he can probabally do it without jiraiya even knowing what he is about to do.

Jiraiya in no way can handle a Tsukuyomi, Thats a basiless assumption. Fighting Tsukuyomi has nothing to do with the will power of the person, only someone with a sharingan stronger than Itachis (sasuke, i guess) can take on and beat Tsukuyomi, Now jiraiya has no sharingan does he?

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

can someone tell me what the hell can madara do? i have only seen him do one jutsu.

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I also think that Jiraiya would win this one.

Not only that, but he can summon Fukasaku and Shima, which are above Jonin level summons themselves. Both of whom can use sage jutsu. In order to use Sage Mode, you have to have a giant amount of chakra. So we are going to assume that Jiraiya has a ton of stamina because of it.

Itachi has stamina. More than Kakashi, but that isn't saying much. Jiraiya could battle longer and use more taxing jutsu.

If Jiraiya summoned Gamaken, or Gamabunta, or Gamahiro, or at least any two of them, Susanoo could possibly be held down. The Baku that Danzo summoned proved that Susanoo is affected by things with mass because it had to hold itself down to avoid being sucked in. So if they create an opening, Jiraiya could rush in.

Frog song is a genjutsu, and genjutsu is the Sharingans specialty. This is true. However, they are not experts at Genjutsus that attack using sound. Also, it is kinda weird how they materialized those stone swords when Jiraiya, Shima, and Fukasaku pierced Pains bodies, but it could just be part of the illusion.

I do believe that Tsukiyomi would fall before Sage Mode. Look at when Itachi used it on Sasuke. Yes, Itachi was holding back, but there is nothing stating that it wasn't a regular Tsukiyomi. Itachi may have just expected Sasuke to break out of it. Sasuke broke out of it by using the cursed seal to alter his chakra. When Sasuke used it against Killer Bee, Killer Bee used tailed beast chakra to break out of it.

Jiraiya has natural energy. Nuff said on that.

Amaterasu would be tough. It has not been confirmed if Jiraiya has the sage mode speed to outrun it. I guess if he summons some frogs to attack Itachi while he runs around that would disrupt Itachi's field of vision, then Jiraiya could use the needle technique to pierce Itachi, because apparently it is a fast attack.

@ Sasori.

Itachi CANNOT see Sage Chakra, which would mean frog katas can hit him. If Itachi could see Sage Chakra, then he would be blind using the Sharingan cause all the Sage Chakra would be in his face.

And of COURSE Itachi would say that. They all hype themselves up in Naruto.

Zabuza: There are eight vital spots, which one of yours should I target?

Kisame: If you can pry it from my body, that is.

They all say that kind of stuff.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    I also think that Jiraiya would win this one.

Not only that, but he can summon Fukasaku and Shima, which are above Jonin level summons themselves. Both of whom can use sage jutsu. In order to use Sage Mode, you have to have a giant amount of chakra. So we are going to assume that Jiraiya has a ton of stamina because of it.

Itachi has stamina. More than Kakashi, but that isn't saying much. Jiraiya could battle longer and use more taxing jutsu.

If Jiraiya summoned Gamaken, or Gamabunta, or Gamahiro, or at least any two of them, Susanoo could possibly be held down. The Baku that Danzo summoned proved that Susanoo is affected by things with mass because it had to hold itself down to avoid being sucked in. So if they create an opening, Jiraiya could rush in.

Frog song is a genjutsu, and genjutsu is the Sharingans specialty. This is true. However, they are not experts at Genjutsus that attack using sound. Also, it is kinda weird how they materialized those stone swords when Jiraiya, Shima, and Fukasaku pierced Pains bodies, but it could just be part of the illusion.

I do believe that Tsukiyomi would fall before Sage Mode. Look at when Itachi used it on Sasuke. Yes, Itachi was holding back, but there is nothing stating that it wasn't a regular Tsukiyomi. Itachi may have just expected Sasuke to break out of it. Sasuke broke out of it by using the cursed seal to alter his chakra. When Sasuke used it against Killer Bee, Killer Bee used tailed beast chakra to break out of it.

Jiraiya has natural energy. Nuff said on that.

Amaterasu would be tough. It has not been confirmed if Jiraiya has the sage mode speed to outrun it. I guess if he summons some frogs to attack Itachi while he runs around that would disrupt Itachi's field of vision, then Jiraiya could use the needle technique to pierce Itachi, because apparently it is a fast attack.

@ Sasori.

Itachi CANNOT see Sage Chakra, which would mean frog katas can hit him. If Itachi could see Sage Chakra, then he would be blind using the Sharingan cause all the Sage Chakra would be in his face.

And of COURSE Itachi would say that. They all hype themselves up in Naruto.

Zabuza: There are eight vital spots, which one of yours should I target?

Kisame: If you can pry it from my body, that is.

They all say that kind of stuff.
    for once I think I might completely agree with you. when you spoke of how jiraiya can defeat susano'o and how physical mass effects susano'o, that's what I've been saying. Okay it's true, susano'o is most likely completely impenetrable but no matter how strong its defenses are it cannot defy gravity and physical mass. it's science. jiraiya could easily use swamp of the underworld on susano'o and sink it underground forcing the user to either release the jutsu or well....die.

of course tsukuyomi won't work cuz of sage chakra and his extreme self chakra as it is. jiraiya told naruto if you disrupt your opponents chakra with your own that you can break genjutsu(if your chakra is higher and more trained) so jiraiya prbably doesn't even need sage chakra to break tsukuyomi.

amaterasu I will admit is a bit tricky tho. I'm not sure if jiraiya has the physical speed to dodge it like raikage. but I think he didn't seal itachi's amaterasu for nothing. I'm guessing he studied it to an extent. maybe made some repelants.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

lol so biased its unbelievable.

It requires Itachji to let Jiraiya run away etc haha, his sword of totsuka has hundreds of ft of reach.

May i also remnid everyone Itachi took down a sannin TWICE (Orochimaru, who is as strong if not stronger than Jiraiya) within a SECOND.

The sannins are outdated, new generation surpasses the old.

Itachi would win, its obvious.

Itachi let sasuke win, as tobi said many times, and how danzou said sasukes tsukyomi is the ground where itachis is the moon.

Cursed seal didnt break Itachis tsukyomi. Plus Jiraiya admits hes not good at genjutsu, and when naruto said "uchihas have special genjutsu" jiraiya actually said "no choice but to give up" lol.

....I see Jiraiya fans...theyre everywhere...they dont realise he's dead...they don't realise many are more powerful than him. xD

Last edited by twistedlink; 03-11-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

people underestimate Itachi lately

Naruto 148 page 07 | One Manga

are they afraid of J-Man? bullcrap, first of all Itachi defeated Oru in a blink of the Eye, J-Man couldnt defeat half weakling Oru with Tsunade as backup
    I have my theorys why Itachi said that, and its not couse hes afraid of J-man

Itachi afraid of someone? its quite funny isnt it? it even sounds imposible

dont forget Yata no Kagami and Totsuka no Tsurugi

Apple pie of doom apple pie of doom's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How can this even be an argument?
    No one so far has shown more powerfull abilities than Itachi, not to mention Itachi is also one of the smartest characters.
    Jiraiya is assumably weaker than Orochimaru.
    Itachi can take orochimaru within seconds.
    Sage mode would take time for Jiraiya to activate, and knowing Itachi's speed at jutsu's and Mangekyou techniques, Jiraiya would be a smoldering pile of ash before anyone would notice.
    Jiraiya would lose before the fight begins.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    june 2009...nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by apple pie of doom View Post
    How can this even be an argument?
    No one so far has shown more powerfull abilities than Itachi, not to mention Itachi is also one of the smartest characters.
    Jiraiya is assumably weaker than Orochimaru.
    Itachi can take orochimaru within seconds.
    Sage mode would take time for Jiraiya to activate, and knowing Itachi's speed at jutsu's and Mangekyou techniques, Jiraiya would be a smoldering pile of ash before anyone would notice.
    Jiraiya would lose before the fight begins.

I would have to disagree...
    There are a couple of assumptions that you make here... let's state them shall we?

First assumption you make:
    No one so far has shown more powerful abilities than Itachi - This is assuming that we have a classification for what is "powerful"... however power is relative to the person you are fighting... If I am a 5 ft tall fit teenager and I face a 6 year old kid... Obviously I would be more powerful... however, take me against a 6 ft tall muscular weight lifter... obviously now the weight lifter would win.
    We don't know which abilities would be more "powerful" against one another... They have not been matched together (fought each other)... therefore there is room for Arguement...

Second assumption you make:
    Itachi is the smartest character... Just because he was the smartest during "his" time... doesn't mean he is the smartest of all characters... ITachi and Jiraiya are of different age... please don't compare an apple with an orange... You can compare Jiraiya with tsunade and orochimaru.. but not with jiraiya and ITachi in terms of intelligence.
    Also, smarter doesn't mean better... think carefully about that.

Third assumption you make:
    Jiraiya is assumably weaker than Orochimaru - its an assumption in and of itself (you stated it yourself)... What are we basing this on again?
    The classic if X beats Y and Z beats X then, Z must DEFINITELY BEAT Y *sarcastic tone*... Because this is a very theoretical and unrealistic statement ... especially if it comes to fighting.
    For example: In a sparring match, sometimes a loser of a match will win a match against a winner of another match...

Please, I advise you to rethink what you have typed... Thanks!

There is still room for debate.. even though the poll has been closed... and the poll states that Jiraiya would win.

THis is also based on opinion... and everyone has the RIGHT to have a different opinion. So I respect YOURS as long as you respect MINE.

Last edited by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan; 03-13-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi is smarter.. Is the best genjutsu user of the Series..
    Has a Doujutsu which burns at the speed of sigh and a summoning of a God equiped with a mirror that repels everything and a giant sword who seals everything it touches..

You take your own conclusions..

He's also very fast,overly skilled in both taijutsu and ninjutsu..

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I can't be assed reading all your explanations of how Itachi WOULD BEAT JIRAIYA. So I will explain this and hopefully you will understand.

Genjutsu: At sage mode it's no problem for jiraiya. Jiraiya already knows about genjutsu and he has a way to counter it. He was trying to teach it to naruto. In sage mode jiraiya has no problems doing it. Plus he the two elderly are going to be on his shoulders to wake him up whenever he is in a genjutsu. Now, the two frog's genjutsu is very powerful from what I have seen in the manga and anime. Itachi would lose to this genjutsu.

Speed: In sage mode, we have seen how fast jiraiya really is. When he was fighting pain. He took his sandals to make a really fast jump plus executing a huge rasengan in the process.

Intelligence: Jiraiya is as smart as itachi is. It's true that itachi thinks things through before he does anything but Jiraiya also does this. Before he makes any move or anything he is always thinking of the opponent and what move would be best to execute. We see this in the fight against pain.

Susano: This is indeed a very scary and powerful power that it just take too much of the users chakra. The user has to really be ready to use this and really know that he is going to win. This is not going to be the case against jiraiya. Like many said, jiraiya would just drag it out and let susano waste all itachi's chakra.

Amaterasu: Another good power that it has been encountered many times. Jiraiya sealed away the flames when he first saw the black flames. I am sure he do the same thing if he ever finds himself covered in black flames. He already knows about this power so I am sure he has already found a way to counter it. Then it was stopped by sasuke. He used replacement jutsu that oro taught sasuke.

What Itachi doesnt have that Jiraiya has.

Summoning: He can summon. I didn't see itachi summoning anything so I guess he can't. Summoning is helpful if used right.

Healing Powers: Jiraiya can heal himself in saga mode and save chakra or get chakra from nature.

Saga mode: Really frightening power

Barriers: He can make a lot of kinds of barriers. You can see some of them in the fight against pain

Lyon Hair: He alter his hair and use it as a weapon.

When Itachi says that he can't beat Jiraiya, he can't. You have got to take his words for it

Last edited by yondaimeminato; 03-13-2010 at 06:12 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»