23 57.50%
  • Itachi

17 42.50%
Page 3 of 5 « First 12345 Last»
    Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Reasons why i believe that Jiraiya would beat Itachi Uchiha in a battle:

can someone tell me what the hell can madara do? i have only seen him do one jutsu.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

People that feared/respected Jiraiya:

1. Itachi - Stating that at best he could pull off a stalemate.

2. Kisame - Claiming Jiraya was "On a whole other level."

3. Pain - Marveled at Jiraiya's abilities and noted that Jiraiya would likely have won if he had prior knowledge of Pain's six seperate bodies.

4. Minato Namikaze - Respected his skills.

People Jiraiya feared:

1. Tsunade - She beat him to a pulp.

It is clear that Jiraiya is Godly.

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I also think that Jiraiya would win this one.

Not only that, but he can summon Fukasaku and Shima, which are above Jonin level summons themselves. Both of whom can use sage jutsu. In order to use Sage Mode, you have to have a giant amount of chakra. So we are going to assume that Jiraiya has a ton of stamina because of it.

Itachi has stamina. More than Kakashi, but that isn't saying much. Jiraiya could battle longer and use more taxing jutsu.

If Jiraiya summoned Gamaken, or Gamabunta, or Gamahiro, or at least any two of them, Susanoo could possibly be held down. The Baku that Danzo summoned proved that Susanoo is affected by things with mass because it had to hold itself down to avoid being sucked in. So if they create an opening, Jiraiya could rush in.

Frog song is a genjutsu, and genjutsu is the Sharingans specialty. This is true. However, they are not experts at Genjutsus that attack using sound. Also, it is kinda weird how they materialized those stone swords when Jiraiya, Shima, and Fukasaku pierced Pains bodies, but it could just be part of the illusion.

I do believe that Tsukiyomi would fall before Sage Mode. Look at when Itachi used it on Sasuke. Yes, Itachi was holding back, but there is nothing stating that it wasn't a regular Tsukiyomi. Itachi may have just expected Sasuke to break out of it. Sasuke broke out of it by using the cursed seal to alter his chakra. When Sasuke used it against Killer Bee, Killer Bee used tailed beast chakra to break out of it.

Jiraiya has natural energy. Nuff said on that.

Amaterasu would be tough. It has not been confirmed if Jiraiya has the sage mode speed to outrun it. I guess if he summons some frogs to attack Itachi while he runs around that would disrupt Itachi's field of vision, then Jiraiya could use the needle technique to pierce Itachi, because apparently it is a fast attack.

@ Sasori.

Itachi CANNOT see Sage Chakra, which would mean frog katas can hit him. If Itachi could see Sage Chakra, then he would be blind using the Sharingan cause all the Sage Chakra would be in his face.

And of COURSE Itachi would say that. They all hype themselves up in Naruto.

Zabuza: There are eight vital spots, which one of yours should I target?

Kisame: If you can pry it from my body, that is.

They all say that kind of stuff.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    I also think that Jiraiya would win this one.

Not only that, but he can summon Fukasaku and Shima, which are above Jonin level summons themselves. Both of whom can use sage jutsu. In order to use Sage Mode, you have to have a giant amount of chakra. So we are going to assume that Jiraiya has a ton of stamina because of it.

Itachi has stamina. More than Kakashi, but that isn't saying much. Jiraiya could battle longer and use more taxing jutsu.

If Jiraiya summoned Gamaken, or Gamabunta, or Gamahiro, or at least any two of them, Susanoo could possibly be held down. The Baku that Danzo summoned proved that Susanoo is affected by things with mass because it had to hold itself down to avoid being sucked in. So if they create an opening, Jiraiya could rush in.

Frog song is a genjutsu, and genjutsu is the Sharingans specialty. This is true. However, they are not experts at Genjutsus that attack using sound. Also, it is kinda weird how they materialized those stone swords when Jiraiya, Shima, and Fukasaku pierced Pains bodies, but it could just be part of the illusion.

I do believe that Tsukiyomi would fall before Sage Mode. Look at when Itachi used it on Sasuke. Yes, Itachi was holding back, but there is nothing stating that it wasn't a regular Tsukiyomi. Itachi may have just expected Sasuke to break out of it. Sasuke broke out of it by using the cursed seal to alter his chakra. When Sasuke used it against Killer Bee, Killer Bee used tailed beast chakra to break out of it.

Jiraiya has natural energy. Nuff said on that.

Amaterasu would be tough. It has not been confirmed if Jiraiya has the sage mode speed to outrun it. I guess if he summons some frogs to attack Itachi while he runs around that would disrupt Itachi's field of vision, then Jiraiya could use the needle technique to pierce Itachi, because apparently it is a fast attack.

@ Sasori.

Itachi CANNOT see Sage Chakra, which would mean frog katas can hit him. If Itachi could see Sage Chakra, then he would be blind using the Sharingan cause all the Sage Chakra would be in his face.

And of COURSE Itachi would say that. They all hype themselves up in Naruto.

Zabuza: There are eight vital spots, which one of yours should I target?

Kisame: If you can pry it from my body, that is.

They all say that kind of stuff.
    for once I think I might completely agree with you. when you spoke of how jiraiya can defeat susano'o and how physical mass effects susano'o, that's what I've been saying. Okay it's true, susano'o is most likely completely impenetrable but no matter how strong its defenses are it cannot defy gravity and physical mass. it's science. jiraiya could easily use swamp of the underworld on susano'o and sink it underground forcing the user to either release the jutsu or well....die.

of course tsukuyomi won't work cuz of sage chakra and his extreme self chakra as it is. jiraiya told naruto if you disrupt your opponents chakra with your own that you can break genjutsu(if your chakra is higher and more trained) so jiraiya prbably doesn't even need sage chakra to break tsukuyomi.

amaterasu I will admit is a bit tricky tho. I'm not sure if jiraiya has the physical speed to dodge it like raikage. but I think he didn't seal itachi's amaterasu for nothing. I'm guessing he studied it to an extent. maybe made some repelants.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

lol so biased its unbelievable.

It requires Itachji to let Jiraiya run away etc haha, his sword of totsuka has hundreds of ft of reach.

May i also remnid everyone Itachi took down a sannin TWICE (Orochimaru, who is as strong if not stronger than Jiraiya) within a SECOND.

The sannins are outdated, new generation surpasses the old.

Itachi would win, its obvious.

Itachi let sasuke win, as tobi said many times, and how danzou said sasukes tsukyomi is the ground where itachis is the moon.

Cursed seal didnt break Itachis tsukyomi. Plus Jiraiya admits hes not good at genjutsu, and when naruto said "uchihas have special genjutsu" jiraiya actually said "no choice but to give up" lol.

....I see Jiraiya fans...theyre everywhere...they dont realise he's dead...they don't realise many are more powerful than him. xD

Last edited by twistedlink; 03-11-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

people underestimate Itachi lately

Naruto 148 page 07 | One Manga

are they afraid of J-Man? bullcrap, first of all Itachi defeated Oru in a blink of the Eye, J-Man couldnt defeat half weakling Oru with Tsunade as backup
    I have my theorys why Itachi said that, and its not couse hes afraid of J-man

Itachi afraid of someone? its quite funny isnt it? it even sounds imposible

dont forget Yata no Kagami and Totsuka no Tsurugi

Apple pie of doom apple pie of doom's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How can this even be an argument?
    No one so far has shown more powerfull abilities than Itachi, not to mention Itachi is also one of the smartest characters.
    Jiraiya is assumably weaker than Orochimaru.
    Itachi can take orochimaru within seconds.
    Sage mode would take time for Jiraiya to activate, and knowing Itachi's speed at jutsu's and Mangekyou techniques, Jiraiya would be a smoldering pile of ash before anyone would notice.
    Jiraiya would lose before the fight begins.

Your bro. Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    June 2009...nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by apple pie of doom View Post
    How can this even be an argument?
    No one so far has shown more powerfull abilities than Itachi, not to mention Itachi is also one of the smartest characters.
    Jiraiya is assumably weaker than Orochimaru.
    Itachi can take orochimaru within seconds.
    Sage mode would take time for Jiraiya to activate, and knowing Itachi's speed at jutsu's and Mangekyou techniques, Jiraiya would be a smoldering pile of ash before anyone would notice.
    Jiraiya would lose before the fight begins.

I would have to disagree...
    There are a couple of assumptions that you make here... let's state them shall we?

First assumption you make:
    No one so far has shown more powerful abilities than Itachi - This is assuming that we have a classification for what is "powerful"... however power is relative to the person you are fighting... If I am a 5 ft tall fit teenager and I face a 6 year old kid... Obviously I would be more powerful... however, take me against a 6 ft tall muscular weight lifter... obviously now the weight lifter would win.
    We don't know which abilities would be more "powerful" against one another... They have not been matched together (fought each other)... therefore there is room for Arguement...

Second assumption you make:
    Itachi is the smartest character... Just because he was the smartest during "his" time... doesn't mean he is the smartest of all characters... ITachi and Jiraiya are of different age... please don't compare an apple with an orange... You can compare Jiraiya with tsunade and orochimaru.. but not with jiraiya and ITachi in terms of intelligence.
    Also, smarter doesn't mean better... think carefully about that.

Third assumption you make:
    Jiraiya is assumably weaker than Orochimaru - its an assumption in and of itself (you stated it yourself)... What are we basing this on again?
    The classic if X beats Y and Z beats X then, Z must DEFINITELY BEAT Y *sarcastic tone*... Because this is a very theoretical and unrealistic statement ... especially if it comes to fighting.
    For example: In a sparring match, sometimes a loser of a match will win a match against a winner of another match...

Please, I advise you to rethink what you have typed... Thanks!

There is still room for debate.. even though the poll has been closed... and the poll states that Jiraiya would win.

THis is also based on opinion... and everyone has the RIGHT to have a different opinion. So I respect YOURS as long as you respect MINE.

Last edited by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan; 03-13-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi is smarter.. Is the best genjutsu user of the Series..
    Has a Doujutsu which burns at the speed of sigh and a summoning of a God equiped with a mirror that repels everything and a giant sword who seals everything it touches..

You take your own conclusions..

He's also very fast,overly skilled in both taijutsu and ninjutsu..

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I can't be assed reading all your explanations of how Itachi WOULD BEAT JIRAIYA. So I will explain this and hopefully you will understand.

Genjutsu: At sage mode it's no problem for jiraiya. Jiraiya already knows about genjutsu and he has a way to counter it. He was trying to teach it to naruto. In sage mode jiraiya has no problems doing it. Plus he the two elderly are going to be on his shoulders to wake him up whenever he is in a genjutsu. Now, the two frog's genjutsu is very powerful from what I have seen in the manga and anime. Itachi would lose to this genjutsu.

Speed: In sage mode, we have seen how fast jiraiya really is. When he was fighting pain. He took his sandals to make a really fast jump plus executing a huge rasengan in the process.

Intelligence: Jiraiya is as smart as itachi is. It's true that itachi thinks things through before he does anything but Jiraiya also does this. Before he makes any move or anything he is always thinking of the opponent and what move would be best to execute. We see this in the fight against pain.

Susano: This is indeed a very scary and powerful power that it just take too much of the users chakra. The user has to really be ready to use this and really know that he is going to win. This is not going to be the case against jiraiya. Like many said, jiraiya would just drag it out and let susano waste all itachi's chakra.

Amaterasu: Another good power that it has been encountered many times. Jiraiya sealed away the flames when he first saw the black flames. I am sure he do the same thing if he ever finds himself covered in black flames. He already knows about this power so I am sure he has already found a way to counter it. Then it was stopped by sasuke. He used replacement jutsu that oro taught sasuke.

What Itachi doesnt have that Jiraiya has.

Summoning: He can summon. I didn't see itachi summoning anything so I guess he can't. Summoning is helpful if used right.

Healing Powers: Jiraiya can heal himself in saga mode and save chakra or get chakra from nature.

Saga mode: Really frightening power

Barriers: He can make a lot of kinds of barriers. You can see some of them in the fight against pain

Lyon Hair: He alter his hair and use it as a weapon.

When Itachi says that he can't beat Jiraiya, he can't. You have got to take his words for it

Last edited by yondaimeminato; 03-13-2010 at 06:12 AM.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by yondaimeminato View Post
    When Itachi says that he can't beat Jiraiya, he can't. You have got to take his words for it
    ppl like to stay in denial tho

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

two words: sage mode

u guys forget how many jutsu's jiraya has
    he would just swamp jutsu itachi and then use his speed to giant rasengan his ass out

itachi's tsukiyomi would not work on jiraya in sage mode because the amount of chakara, i think, would be too great for even MS to manipulate

plus jiraya has experience, summons, seals, hair jutsu, on and on and on

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by yondaimeminato View Post

Your thinking must be really slow for not understanding that..
    Itachi was PRO-Konoha. He loved the village, he would never hurt their strike-force.
    He didn't killed Kakashi,Kurenai & Asuma because he didn't wanted to and he did not engaged in physicallity with Jiraiya because a fight with him would not bring nothing for the 2 parties.
    He had to put a show to Kisame.. They had more then enough time to take Naruto with them and he used a Tsukuyomi on Sasuke.
    Use your head, would he have wasted chakra on Sasuke if he intended to kill Jiraiya??
    Plus translation was proved again and again that was wrong for that part.
    He says to Kisame that they would die if they had to face the Kyuubi 9-tailed and that even if they were to bring more men the result would be the same.
    He only speaks as Jiraiya as one of the Sannin and a name to be hold with great respect.
    At the end Kisame was surprised because he didn't understood why they retrieved if Itachi alone could have defeated Jiraiya..

Use some common sense and less fanboiysm and take more attention to the manga. Then and only then post..

As for Steinbiz.. You better watch out for your Jiraiyatardness.. You call Twistedlink and even myself Uchiha Fanboys(i'm far from a fanboy of any character) but at least we bring some quality and common sense to the table.
    You on the other hand...........................

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by toadvenom View Post
    two words: sage mode

u guys forget how many jutsu's jiraya has
    he would just swamp jutsu itachi and then use his speed to giant rasengan his ass out

itachi's tsukiyomi would not work on jiraya in sage mode because the amount of chakara, i think, would be too great for even MS to manipulate

plus jiraya has experience, summons, seals, hair jutsu, on and on and on
    Do you really think Itachi as experienced and smart as he was, that he would let Jiraiya to go Sage Mode without severely cripple him before he can even smell Sage Mode??

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    Itachi was PRO-Konoha. He loved the village, he would never hurt their strike-force.
    He didn't killed Kakashi,Kurenai & Asuma because he didn't wanted to and he did not engaged in physicallity with Jiraiya because a fight with him would not bring nothing for the 2 parties.
    He had to put a show to Kisame.. They had more then enough time to take Naruto with them and he used a Tsukuyomi on Sasuke.
    Use your head, would he have wasted chakra on Sasuke if he intended to kill Jiraiya??
    He says to Kisame that they would die if they had to face the Kyuubi 9-tailed and that even if they were to bring more men the result would be the same.
    He only speaks as Jiraiya as one of the Sannin and a name to be hold with great respect.
    At the end Kisame was surprised because he didn't understood why they retrieved if Itachi alone could have defeated Jiraiya..

Use some common sense and less fanboiysm and take more attention to the manga. Then and only then post..

As for Steinbiz.. You better watch out for your Jiraiyatardness.. You call Twistedlink and even myself Uchiha Fanboys(i'm far from a fanboy of any character) but at least we bring some quality and common sense to the table.
    same thoughts! we didnt even see Itachis full power

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I just can see many people standing up to the brute force of sage mode especially one man. Its multiplying his incredible chakra by 2, granting him more power, speed, it also increases his taijutsu, and ninjutsu which is very dangerous to begin with and even force Itachi to use AM. Along with that there is Ma & Pa, They also have deadly jutsu even their tongues are deadly. Also they correct Jiraiya only weakness genjutsu. Their genjutsu seem to be just as or even more dangerous than Itachi Ts.

Its not like Jirayia is a weak novice to begin with take a look at his stats. he's stronger than Oro who to some is reared as a god of shinobi, which I don't see. Itach is equal to Jiraiya (Base mode) so its not like he can't last his own against Itachi or can't momentarily retreat to go into sage mode.

Itachi being a Uchiha everyone knows his sharingan's secrets, don't look into the eye so he can be safe from genjutsu he also has partners that can awaken him at anytime if he can't do genjutsu removal. since they are attached to his body you can somewhat say they have the same effect as a jinchuuriki.

Jiraiya saved some of Itachi's AM I think he analyzed it to see what he was dealing with I'm sure he knows what it is because of Kakashi's reaction to when Hinata told him it was black fire. Also Jiraiya is very fast in sage mode faster than Raikage was so dodging it should be simple.

Sasanoo is the only great key factor. With It Itachi can break the strength difference between the two. but Sasanoo has two weakness. Weakness one Itachi has very little stamina if he were to use Am or Ts than his Sasanoo would be short lasted. Weakness two Sasanoo is a close to mid range technique. While Jiraiya, ma & pa have lots of jutsu that are long range if they can keep a barrage of jutsu going they can keep Itachi in one point wasting his chakra. with sage mode regular jutsu shouldn't do much drainage to his chakra. also it will increase a B level fire jutsu to a A. Also as seen, with Sasanoo on Itachi and Sasuke they always stay in one place, or they don't really move as quick. Moving away from Sasanoo with his skills and powers shouldn't be a problem.

Itachi is smarter than Jiraiya but he comes no where near the experience level of Jiraiya, Ma & pa. I don't think it would be a landslide victory but Itachi being apart of the Uchiha clan and possessing a sharingan would be easy to read also it was said no one person can defeat a sharingan user but Jiraiya has two of the oldest, strongest fighters on his shoulders.

Also it seems weird that Itachi had no fear over Oro hell even embraced him a few times (capturing him in genjutsu and cutting off his arm, making him flee from akatsuki and killing him with the sword he searched for) while he praised Jiraiya.

Last edited by niblack89; 03-13-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi never said he couldn't beat Jiraiya lol.

Ugh, sage mode doesn't make you faster.

Naruto stated quite clearly he would have trouble getting inside Pain god realms 5 seconds delay through his shinra tensei.

5 seconds is NOT fast, we have seen much faster actions by Raikage, and Kakashi, and ITACHI.

People are severely overestimating Jiraiya and severely underestimating Itachi.

At the end of the day it's all about popularity, but even my friend who loves Jiraiya admits Itachi would own him.

Sage mode simply allows Jiraiya to giant rasengan him, or frog song him, both of which can be dodged or blocked via yatas mirror, and the fact that as danzou has stated along with tobi, AND zetsu, Itachi really was the god of all Genjutsu. Frog song simply would not work on him, even Pain only temporarily got done in by it.

Sage mode isn't the end all be all, considering Pain got naruto spiked to the floor even in sage mode with information and a weakened god realm and the 9tails.

Jiraiya can seal a small bit of fire with a scroll, but last i checked Sasuke vs Itachi fight Itachi moves a lot faster than someone scrawling on some paper, amaterasu especially does, in fact Itachi simply has to amaterasu his scrolls so he cant write down anything lol.

It pisses me off how people think Jiraiya is so powerful, hes a sannin, all 3 of them are similarly skillful. Orochimaru and Jiraiya more-so than tsunade and between oro and J man most non fanboys admit orochimaru.

Personally I don't like orochimaru much, his character survived too long into the akatsuki storyline anyway, and his death was good, and i dont want kabumaru to appear.

But i cant deny oro would win against Jiraiya.

Sage mode or not Oro would simply sick out another body and whoop J mans arse.

Orochimaru managed to lessen a giant ball of condensed chakra by those 3 faced cave door things, i doubt Jiraiyas giant rasengan gets to the level of 9tails shooting balls of condensed chakra.

Orochimaru has a much vaster array of jutsu and a body that doesn't die easily, as akatsuki stated, it would take someone with very special skill to KILL Orochimaru.

Its pointless trying to make fanboys understand, but everytime Jiraiya beats Itachi it involves Itachi having worse reflexes then even academy students and him not doing anything whatsoever to counter himself LOL.

It's pathetically ridiculously hilarious

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Weakness two Sasanoo is a close to mid range technique
    Apart from the fact susanou and oros snakes were hundreds of feet apart or the summons are tiny, and totsuka sword reached orochimaru from that distance.

BS is it close range wtf.

For a start its main use appears to be a shield anyway, but Itachi equipped it with sword of totsuka and yatas mirror to make it absolutely kickass.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

lol, umad bro? you'r just pissed and negative at everyone because ppl think differently from you and that makes u mad. I love pissing you off. you're so easy

p.s. numbers don't lie, check the poll. awwwwww sry

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You guys say that " Itachi and Kisame were afraid to fight the nine-tails, not JIRAYA "

Of course they were. That's why Sasuke defeated and almost killed Naruto like 40 chapters later? Cause he was stronger then KIsame and Itachi ! :D That's obvious!

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbiz View Post
    lol, umad bro? you'r just pissed and negative at everyone because ppl think differently from you and that makes u mad. I love pissing you off. you're so easy

p.s. numbers don't lie, check the poll. awwwwww sry
    Polls show popularity of opinion, not fact, if it showed fact then polls would prove murdering Jews is okay (considering Hitler won the polls in 1938)

Jiraiya is vastly more popular, that is all.

Zetsu made it quite clear at the end that Itachi is INVINCIBLE.

I'm not saying Itachi would walk away with a shrug whistling and carrying on with his day.

but 1 vs 1 to the death Itachi would win simply because he has a mirror which deflects ALL attacks, is the master of genjutsu which makes frog song useless, and has amaterasu which appears instantly, and Tsukyomi which he can cast quickly, plus other high level genjutsu with just fingers etc. Plus he's at the moment the fastest character in the series.

He was an ANBU squad leader aged 13, Itachi is one of those "once in a generation" geniuses like Minato and Orochimaru.

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedlink View Post
    Itachi never said he couldn't beat Jiraiya lol.

Ugh, sage mode doesn't make you faster.

Naruto stated quite clearly he would have trouble getting inside Pain god realms 5 seconds delay through his shinra tensei.

5 seconds is NOT fast, we have seen much faster actions by Raikage, and Kakashi, and ITACHI.

People are severely overestimating Jiraiya and severely underestimating Itachi.

At the end of the day it's all about popularity, but even my friend who loves Jiraiya admits Itachi would own him.

Sage mode simply allows Jiraiya to giant rasengan him, or frog song him, both of which can be dodged or blocked via yatas mirror, and the fact that as danzou has stated along with tobi, AND zetsu, Itachi really was the god of all Genjutsu. Frog song simply would not work on him, even Pain only temporarily got done in by it.

Sage mode isn't the end all be all, considering Pain got naruto spiked to the floor even in sage mode with information and a weakened god realm and the 9tails.

Jiraiya can seal a small bit of fire with a scroll, but last i checked Sasuke vs Itachi fight Itachi moves a lot faster than someone scrawling on some paper, amaterasu especially does, in fact Itachi simply has to amaterasu his scrolls so he cant write down anything lol.

It pisses me off how people think Jiraiya is so powerful, hes a sannin, all 3 of them are similarly skillful. Orochimaru and Jiraiya more-so than tsunade and between oro and J man most non fanboys admit orochimaru.

Personally I don't like orochimaru much, his character survived too long into the akatsuki storyline anyway, and his death was good, and i dont want kabumaru to appear.

But i cant deny oro would win against Jiraiya.

Sage mode or not Oro would simply sick out another body and whoop J mans arse.

Orochimaru managed to lessen a giant ball of condensed chakra by those 3 faced cave door things, i doubt Jiraiyas giant rasengan gets to the level of 9tails shooting balls of condensed chakra.

Orochimaru has a much vaster array of jutsu and a body that doesn't die easily, as akatsuki stated, it would take someone with very special skill to KILL Orochimaru.

Its pointless trying to make fanboys understand, but everytime Jiraiya beats Itachi it involves Itachi having worse reflexes then even academy students and him not doing anything whatsoever to counter himself LOL.

It's pathetically ridiculously hilarious
    Yeah I forgot that Sage Mode increasing "physical capabilities" does not include speed at all. It's ONLY strength. Yeah.

The databook even said that Jiraiya was the most skilled of the Sannin.

As for the Rashomon technique blocking the Giant Rasengan, you act as though the Giant Rasengan can't move more than one direction. Jiraiya can simply go over the gates. The four-tailed ball was SHOT at Orochimaru.

Pain only got temporarily done it by frog song because the other bodies weren't there.

Orochimaru beat a Jiraiya that wasn't trying to kill him, and only tried to bring him back. Woo hoo.

On top of that, Orochimaru has limited chakra. While Jiraiya has Ma and Pa on his shoulders, he recovers more quickly. Likewise with Itachi and Susanoo.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ok you are getting out of hand. I suggest you to cool down a bit. Don't think Jiraiya wasn't Pro-konoha either. Jiraiya might not show his brightness but when it comes to fighting someone he knows what to do and he does them well. Do you think it's easy to wonder off alone around the world. I am sure Jiraiya faced many opponents and that gave him the experience needed for any battle. YOU CAN NOT COMPARE Kakashi, asuma and Kurenai with the likes of Jiraiya.

Jiraiya was miles away from the village when itachi and kisame were watching Jiraiya and Naruto heading off. If itachi wanted to fight Jiraiya, he could have done it right then. Whether Itachi had respect for Jiraiya or not that's not the case in here. The topic itself says that If they were to fight together who would win. Jiraiya just has too much experience and power. Itachi is just a person who avoids fighting or using his powers as much as possible to harm anyone. This limits his fighting experience.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    Yeah I forgot that Sage Mode increasing "physical capabilities" does not include speed at all. It's ONLY strength. Yeah.

The databook even said that Jiraiya was the most skilled of the Sannin.

As for the Rashomon technique blocking the Giant Rasengan, you act as though the Giant Rasengan can't move more than one direction. Jiraiya can simply go over the gates. The four-tailed ball was SHOT at Orochimaru.

Pain only got temporarily done it by frog song because the other bodies weren't there.

Orochimaru beat a Jiraiya that wasn't trying to kill him, and only tried to bring him back. Woo hoo.

On top of that, Orochimaru has limited chakra. While Jiraiya has Ma and Pa on his shoulders, he recovers more quickly. Likewise with Itachi and Susanoo.
    increases speed as well. Saga mode can alter the speed of the person. You can see that in the fight between jiraiya vs pain. When Jiraiya was in sage mode he took off his sandals and made a strong and quick jump and executed a giant rasengan while jumping. It's logical that if your strength increases in chakra then you are bound to increase your speed as well. It's not like sage mode makes them grow muscles or anything muscular then in that case their speed would be lessened

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This thread was cool until like page 2 it started going down the drain. Nobody can prove who will win its just speculation anyways. I would say Itachi but thats only because I think if he was going all out in perfect health I think he may be able to pull it off with his MS techs plus the shield and sword. Oro lost to the sword of Tosuka pretty quickly. But its still just a guess because Jiraiya can hold his own and fight on par with almost everyone in the manga.. ALMOST...