23 57.50%
  • Itachi

17 42.50%
Page 3 of 6 « First 123456 Last»
    sasori of the red sand sasori420's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2008
    This user has no status.

Re: Reasons why i believe that Jiraiya would beat Itachi Uchiha in a battle:

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan View Post
    The last three sentences/lines you wrote, has made you sound ignorant to the concept of skill.

Sharingan DOES NOT guarantee anything if there is no skill involved. It's the exact same concept if i used a different example.
    Here it is:

IF someone has an AK47 in their hand against a person with a knife given a far distance between the two... the person with the AK47 isn't guaranteed to win the fight if they do not know how to use it.

[U][I]Apply the same logic to a person with a sharingan vs. a person without a Sharingan.
    Accuracy, Speed, Strength, Wisdom, and Intellect are the factors that will and must be used to determine the outcome of a fight between Jiraiya and ITachi.
    First of all your saying that sharingan is useless if the person doesnt know how to use it am i correct? Well since when is Itachi, The true heir of the sharingan, a novice with it??

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

i think itachi would win because according to oro and j man oro has always been stronger
    Naruto 166 page 02 | One Manga

and if oro is strionger than j man the only difference will be j-mans genjutsu ability
    which is lower than itachis and that is itachi's main method of attacking

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kabumaru View Post
    i think itachi would win because according to oro and j man oro has always been stronger

and if oro is strionger than j man the only difference will be j-mans genjutsu ability
    which is lower than itachis and that is itachi's main method of attacking
    Present me the chapter when it is agreed upon that Orochimaru is stronger then Jiraiya.

Jiraiya is a beast. His name is JIRAIYA. That means beast of hardcore amazing in....foreign.

Anyway, look at Naruto.wikia.org. It may not be the most reliable source, but MANY people have looked over it, and it serves as a sort of Naruto bible.

"Being one of the three Legendary Sannin, Jiraiya was an immensely powerful ninja, being considered Kage-level. He stated that he had only been brought to the verge of death twice in his entire life, once when he was doing "research" on Tsunade, and when he used the toad key to weaken the demon fox's seal on Naruto's stomach. His strength was so great that even Itachi Uchiha and Kisame Hoshigaki, two of Akatsuki's most powerful members, opted not to face him in battle, fearing it would end in a stalemate or worse. Kisame even said that Jiraiya's skills far outclassed his own. Even Pain marvelled at Jiraiya's abilities, noting that Jiraiya would likely have won against Pain if he had had prior knowledge of Pain's six separate bodies. "

Ok, so Jiraiya got hit by the four tails, which Orochimaru fought fairly evenly against. However we forget the "surprise" in which it was introduced. Jiraiya twisted the seal a "little" and a bunch of demon chakra BURST out of Naruto. Sounds to me as though he was taken by surprise. Whereas with Orochimaru, he took a hit from the 1-tailed form, dodged the 2-tails I think, taunted the 3-tails (which actually seemed to be a state that mighta gave him SOME trouble), and THEN fought the 4-tails, after he had gained a measure of its abilities. Jiraiya had NO idea what the 4-tails could do, for all we know he believed that the 4-tails would not attack him, and he got a little too close.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    Present me the chapter when it is agreed upon that Orochimaru is stronger then Jiraiya.

Jiraiya is a beast. His name is JIRAIYA. That means beast of hardcore amazing in....foreign.

Anyway, look at Naruto.wikia.org. It may not be the most reliable source, but MANY people have looked over it, and it serves as a sort of Naruto bible.

"Being one of the three Legendary Sannin, Jiraiya was an immensely powerful ninja, being considered Kage-level. He stated that he had only been brought to the verge of death twice in his entire life, once when he was doing "research" on Tsunade, and when he used the toad key to weaken the demon fox's seal on Naruto's stomach. His strength was so great that even Itachi Uchiha and Kisame Hoshigaki, two of Akatsuki's most powerful members, opted not to face him in battle, fearing it would end in a stalemate or worse. Kisame even said that Jiraiya's skills far outclassed his own. Even Pain marvelled at Jiraiya's abilities, noting that Jiraiya would likely have won against Pain if he had had prior knowledge of Pain's six separate bodies. "

Ok, so Jiraiya got hit by the four tails, which Orochimaru fought fairly evenly against. However we forget the "surprise" in which it was introduced. Jiraiya twisted the seal a "little" and a bunch of demon chakra BURST out of Naruto. Sounds to me as though he was taken by surprise. Whereas with Orochimaru, he took a hit from the 1-tailed form, dodged the 2-tails I think, taunted the 3-tails (which actually seemed to be a state that mighta gave him SOME trouble), and THEN fought the 4-tails, after he had gained a measure of its abilities. Jiraiya had NO idea what the 4-tails could do, for all we know he believed that the 4-tails would not attack him, and he got a little too close.
    if oro thought he could handle jiaiyah in his weakened state and he knows what jiraiyah is capable of that should say it all

Naruto 296 page 09 | One Manga
    orochimaru fought the kyubbi and the only permanant damage he recieved was a shortage on the lifespan of his current body

and this fight was playtime to oro

Naruto 296 page 09 | One Manga
    and it looks like kabuto knew that the body would not hold up long enough for oro to finish off the kyubii

if he was at full power he would have pushed the kyubbi even further

as i said earlier oro plyed with it and jiraiyah almost died

thats a decent arguement i would say

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

i still go for itachi, but thats just my opinion

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori602 View Post
    i still go for itachi, but thats just my opinion
    i agree ive been convinced

but my only disclaimer is that if jiraiyah can escape itachi's genjutsu than this fight wil be so much harder for him but if he can hold him the same way he held oro than he's a goner

Status
    Mar 2009
    In the shadow of the melodic creatures in middle Earth.
    This user has no status.

One Sky to See
    Status
    Jun 2008
    This user has no status.

only reason 8th tails can break the mangekyo sharigan genjutsu is bcuz the change of his chakra . all of the 8th jin's chakra in his network changed to the eights upon released. look at nejis vs naruto he block all of naruto chakra point so naruto use a new set of chakra to flow in his chakra network

sasori of the red sand sasori420's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2008
    This user has no status.

1. Lets start with the convorsation between Kisame and Itachi. Whether they were telling the truth, which yes they prolly were. It doesnt mean anything. Kisame said Jiraiya could beat him. They said Jiraiya would Tie Itachi not beat him, read before you make assumptions

2. Genjutsu - Does everyone seem to forget that Itachi is the absolute best genjutsu user in the naruto universe untill we see someone new? Frog song is a powerful genjutsu but there are 2 things that make it non effectie against itachi. 1. It takes a large amount of time and gives their position away, and Itachi is faster than the pain bodies anyway,2. Itachi is a much better genjutsu caster than jiraiya or the frogs, he can nullify just about any genjutsu, Genjutsu is Genjutsu no matter what sense it targets Plus that should be a null point because Itachi could put Jiraiya under genjutsu by looking at him in the eye or pointing his finger at the man. And Sage Mode might not work because Jiraiya might not be in sage mode. That takes time and we dont know how well that counteracts genjutsu, plus Itachi could put JIraiya and the frogs under it and then what.

3. Taijutsu - With or without Sage Mode Jiraiya is at a horrible dissadvantage against Itachi. Does everyone forget that Itachi has Sharingan He can see all of Jiraiya's moves and plan to counteract them as most Uchiha can. Thats why the Uchiha are known as the worrior clan. Now even if Jiraiya is in Sage Mode thats still debatable on how strong he is. Yes i can imagine he would be physically stronger then Itachi, but remeber the fight between Jiraiya and Pain. Jiriaya slipped into the smoke to get Human realm from behind. Human realm stopped it because the other 2 pains were looking but he stopped Jiraiyas full punch with one hand and wasnt moved or phased by it. Itachis speed has been said to be incredible on more than one occasion. Kakashi and Sasuke, 2 people with sharingan couldnt keep up with him, and he was letting sasuke win.

4. Ninjutsu - The most powerful abilitys of these 2 incredible ninja are Mangakyou Sharingan and Sage Mode. Both are powerful in their own way but if anyone thinks sage mode can win against MS they are just fooling themselves. Sage Mode isnt a perfect teqnique, First off it takes a large amount of time just standing still, and Jiraiya used a summon to fight pains summons to hold them off, but Itachi's style is completly different than pains, did anyone think that while jiraiya is just standing there Itachi could use anyone of his MS teqniques, Tsukuyomi would be fine as since it wont be hard to get a eye to eye glance between the 2 of them, amaterasu, well i mean if JIraiya can run than hes it and if he does run it disrupts the sage mode. and Sussano dont make me laugh one hit from the sword and Jiraiya is F'd. Itachis ninjutsu is much more vercitile in this battle sense. All three of his MS teqnieques takes litterally no time at all to put on the battlefield. Tsukuyomi, when he did it against kakashi asuma and kurinai didnt even know what just happend, amaterasu is concidered almostunivoidable as it just goes where the user is looking and Jiraiya(if gathering natural energy) will be caught off gaurd and burnt alive, and Sussano, Itachi pulled that off faster than the speed of light, when Sasuke used Kirin(prolly the fastest jutsu out there) Itachi used sussano before it hit him, and Sussano itself is fast as hell, Orochimaru, one of the sannin like Jiraiya got hit with the genjutsu sword without even seeing it coming and than yatas mirror. if someone can give me an explanation on how Jiraiya can get around that than Kudos to you

Itachi stated that only someone with sharingan can beat sharingan
    Younger generation will always surrpass the older generation

Academy Student
    Status
    Mar 2010
    This user has no status.

Of course it would be Jiraiya even when Itachi and Kisame met Jiraiya they escaped but barely because Jiraiya can summon a toads stomach and Kisame and Itachi only got out because Itachi used his amaterasu.

Status
    Feb 2010
    This user has no status.

can someone tell me what the hell can madara do? i have only seen him do one jutsu.

Status
    Nov 2008
    This user has no status.

People that feared/respected Jiraiya:

1. Itachi - Stating that at best he could pull off a stalemate.

2. Kisame - Claiming Jiraya was "On a whole other level."

3. Pain - Marveled at Jiraiya's abilities and noted that Jiraiya would likely have won if he had prior knowledge of Pain's six seperate bodies.

4. Minato Namikaze - Respected his skills.

People Jiraiya feared:

1. Tsunade - She beat him to a pulp.

It is clear that Jiraiya is Godly.

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    This user has no status.

I also think that Jiraiya would win this one.

Not only that, but he can summon Fukasaku and Shima, which are above Jonin level summons themselves. Both of whom can use sage jutsu. In order to use Sage Mode, you have to have a giant amount of chakra. So we are going to assume that Jiraiya has a ton of stamina because of it.

Itachi has stamina. More than Kakashi, but that isn't saying much. Jiraiya could battle longer and use more taxing jutsu.

If Jiraiya summoned Gamaken, or Gamabunta, or Gamahiro, or at least any two of them, Susanoo could possibly be held down. The Baku that Danzo summoned proved that Susanoo is affected by things with mass because it had to hold itself down to avoid being sucked in. So if they create an opening, Jiraiya could rush in.

Frog song is a genjutsu, and genjutsu is the Sharingans specialty. This is true. However, they are not experts at Genjutsus that attack using sound. Also, it is kinda weird how they materialized those stone swords when Jiraiya, Shima, and Fukasaku pierced Pains bodies, but it could just be part of the illusion.

I do believe that Tsukiyomi would fall before Sage Mode. Look at when Itachi used it on Sasuke. Yes, Itachi was holding back, but there is nothing stating that it wasn't a regular Tsukiyomi. Itachi may have just expected Sasuke to break out of it. Sasuke broke out of it by using the cursed seal to alter his chakra. When Sasuke used it against Killer Bee, Killer Bee used tailed beast chakra to break out of it.

Jiraiya has natural energy. Nuff said on that.

Amaterasu would be tough. It has not been confirmed if Jiraiya has the sage mode speed to outrun it. I guess if he summons some frogs to attack Itachi while he runs around that would disrupt Itachi's field of vision, then Jiraiya could use the needle technique to pierce Itachi, because apparently it is a fast attack.

@ Sasori.

Itachi CANNOT see Sage Chakra, which would mean frog katas can hit him. If Itachi could see Sage Chakra, then he would be blind using the Sharingan cause all the Sage Chakra would be in his face.

And of COURSE Itachi would say that. They all hype themselves up in Naruto.

Zabuza: There are eight vital spots, which one of yours should I target?

Kisame: If you can pry it from my body, that is.

They all say that kind of stuff.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Don't ever let anyone tell you
    what you can't do, but always
    listen to what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    I also think that Jiraiya would win this one.

Not only that, but he can summon Fukasaku and Shima, which are above Jonin level summons themselves. Both of whom can use sage jutsu. In order to use Sage Mode, you have to have a giant amount of chakra. So we are going to assume that Jiraiya has a ton of stamina because of it.

Itachi has stamina. More than Kakashi, but that isn't saying much. Jiraiya could battle longer and use more taxing jutsu.

If Jiraiya summoned Gamaken, or Gamabunta, or Gamahiro, or at least any two of them, Susanoo could possibly be held down. The Baku that Danzo summoned proved that Susanoo is affected by things with mass because it had to hold itself down to avoid being sucked in. So if they create an opening, Jiraiya could rush in.

Frog song is a genjutsu, and genjutsu is the Sharingans specialty. This is true. However, they are not experts at Genjutsus that attack using sound. Also, it is kinda weird how they materialized those stone swords when Jiraiya, Shima, and Fukasaku pierced Pains bodies, but it could just be part of the illusion.

I do believe that Tsukiyomi would fall before Sage Mode. Look at when Itachi used it on Sasuke. Yes, Itachi was holding back, but there is nothing stating that it wasn't a regular Tsukiyomi. Itachi may have just expected Sasuke to break out of it. Sasuke broke out of it by using the cursed seal to alter his chakra. When Sasuke used it against Killer Bee, Killer Bee used tailed beast chakra to break out of it.

Jiraiya has natural energy. Nuff said on that.

Amaterasu would be tough. It has not been confirmed if Jiraiya has the sage mode speed to outrun it. I guess if he summons some frogs to attack Itachi while he runs around that would disrupt Itachi's field of vision, then Jiraiya could use the needle technique to pierce Itachi, because apparently it is a fast attack.

@ Sasori.

Itachi CANNOT see Sage Chakra, which would mean frog katas can hit him. If Itachi could see Sage Chakra, then he would be blind using the Sharingan cause all the Sage Chakra would be in his face.

And of COURSE Itachi would say that. They all hype themselves up in Naruto.

Zabuza: There are eight vital spots, which one of yours should I target?

Kisame: If you can pry it from my body, that is.

They all say that kind of stuff.
    for once I think I might completely agree with you. when you spoke of how jiraiya can defeat susano'o and how physical mass effects susano'o, that's what I've been saying. Okay it's true, susano'o is most likely completely impenetrable but no matter how strong its defenses are it cannot defy gravity and physical mass. it's science. jiraiya could easily use swamp of the underworld on susano'o and sink it underground forcing the user to either release the jutsu or well....die.

of course tsukuyomi won't work cuz of sage chakra and his extreme self chakra as it is. jiraiya told naruto if you disrupt your opponents chakra with your own that you can break genjutsu(if your chakra is higher and more trained) so jiraiya prbably doesn't even need sage chakra to break tsukuyomi.

amaterasu I will admit is a bit tricky tho. I'm not sure if jiraiya has the physical speed to dodge it like raikage. but I think he didn't seal itachi's amaterasu for nothing. I'm guessing he studied it to an extent. maybe made some repelants.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    This user has no status.

lol so biased its unbelievable.

It requires Itachji to let Jiraiya run away etc haha, his sword of totsuka has hundreds of ft of reach.

May i also remnid everyone Itachi took down a sannin TWICE (Orochimaru, who is as strong if not stronger than Jiraiya) within a SECOND.

The sannins are outdated, new generation surpasses the old.

Itachi would win, its obvious.

Itachi let sasuke win, as tobi said many times, and how danzou said sasukes tsukyomi is the ground where itachis is the moon.

Cursed seal didnt break Itachis tsukyomi. Plus Jiraiya admits hes not good at genjutsu, and when naruto said "uchihas have special genjutsu" jiraiya actually said "no choice but to give up" lol.

....I see Jiraiya fans...theyre everywhere...they dont realise he's dead...they don't realise many are more powerful than him. xD

Last edited by twistedlink; 03-11-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

people underestimate Itachi lately

Naruto 148 page 07 | One Manga

are they afraid of J-Man? bullcrap, first of all Itachi defeated Oru in a blink of the Eye, J-Man couldnt defeat half weakling Oru with Tsunade as backup
    I have my theorys why Itachi said that, and its not couse hes afraid of J-man

Itachi afraid of someone? its quite funny isnt it? it even sounds imposible

dont forget Yata no Kagami and Totsuka no Tsurugi

Apple pie of doom apple pie of doom's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

How can this even be an argument?
    No one so far has shown more powerfull abilities than Itachi, not to mention Itachi is also one of the smartest characters.
    Jiraiya is assumably weaker than Orochimaru.
    Itachi can take orochimaru within seconds.
    Sage mode would take time for Jiraiya to activate, and knowing Itachi's speed at jutsu's and Mangekyou techniques, Jiraiya would be a smoldering pile of ash before anyone would notice.
    Jiraiya would lose before the fight begins.

Your bro. Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    June 2009...nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by apple pie of doom View Post
    How can this even be an argument?
    No one so far has shown more powerfull abilities than Itachi, not to mention Itachi is also one of the smartest characters.
    Jiraiya is assumably weaker than Orochimaru.
    Itachi can take orochimaru within seconds.
    Sage mode would take time for Jiraiya to activate, and knowing Itachi's speed at jutsu's and Mangekyou techniques, Jiraiya would be a smoldering pile of ash before anyone would notice.
    Jiraiya would lose before the fight begins.

I would have to disagree...
    There are a couple of assumptions that you make here... let's state them shall we?

First assumption you make:
    No one so far has shown more powerful abilities than Itachi - This is assuming that we have a classification for what is "powerful"... however power is relative to the person you are fighting... If I am a 5 ft tall fit teenager and I face a 6 year old kid... Obviously I would be more powerful... however, take me against a 6 ft tall muscular weight lifter... obviously now the weight lifter would win.
    We don't know which abilities would be more "powerful" against one another... They have not been matched together (fought each other)... therefore there is room for Arguement...

Second assumption you make:
    Itachi is the smartest character... Just because he was the smartest during "his" time... doesn't mean he is the smartest of all characters... ITachi and Jiraiya are of different age... please don't compare an apple with an orange... You can compare Jiraiya with tsunade and orochimaru.. but not with jiraiya and ITachi in terms of intelligence.
    Also, smarter doesn't mean better... think carefully about that.

Third assumption you make:
    Jiraiya is assumably weaker than Orochimaru - its an assumption in and of itself (you stated it yourself)... What are we basing this on again?
    The classic if X beats Y and Z beats X then, Z must DEFINITELY BEAT Y *sarcastic tone*... Because this is a very theoretical and unrealistic statement ... especially if it comes to fighting.
    For example: In a sparring match, sometimes a loser of a match will win a match against a winner of another match...

Please, I advise you to rethink what you have typed... Thanks!

There is still room for debate.. even though the poll has been closed... and the poll states that Jiraiya would win.

THis is also based on opinion... and everyone has the RIGHT to have a different opinion. So I respect YOURS as long as you respect MINE.

Last edited by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan; 03-13-2010 at 03:39 AM.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    This user has no status.

Itachi is smarter.. Is the best genjutsu user of the Series..
    Has a Doujutsu which burns at the speed of sigh and a summoning of a God equiped with a mirror that repels everything and a giant sword who seals everything it touches..

You take your own conclusions..

He's also very fast,overly skilled in both taijutsu and ninjutsu..

Status
    This user has no status.

I can't be assed reading all your explanations of how Itachi WOULD BEAT JIRAIYA. So I will explain this and hopefully you will understand.

Genjutsu: At sage mode it's no problem for jiraiya. Jiraiya already knows about genjutsu and he has a way to counter it. He was trying to teach it to naruto. In sage mode jiraiya has no problems doing it. Plus he the two elderly are going to be on his shoulders to wake him up whenever he is in a genjutsu. Now, the two frog's genjutsu is very powerful from what I have seen in the manga and anime. Itachi would lose to this genjutsu.

Speed: In sage mode, we have seen how fast jiraiya really is. When he was fighting pain. He took his sandals to make a really fast jump plus executing a huge rasengan in the process.

Intelligence: Jiraiya is as smart as itachi is. It's true that itachi thinks things through before he does anything but Jiraiya also does this. Before he makes any move or anything he is always thinking of the opponent and what move would be best to execute. We see this in the fight against pain.

Susano: This is indeed a very scary and powerful power that it just take too much of the users chakra. The user has to really be ready to use this and really know that he is going to win. This is not going to be the case against jiraiya. Like many said, jiraiya would just drag it out and let susano waste all itachi's chakra.

Amaterasu: Another good power that it has been encountered many times. Jiraiya sealed away the flames when he first saw the black flames. I am sure he do the same thing if he ever finds himself covered in black flames. He already knows about this power so I am sure he has already found a way to counter it. Then it was stopped by sasuke. He used replacement jutsu that oro taught sasuke.

What Itachi doesnt have that Jiraiya has.

Summoning: He can summon. I didn't see itachi summoning anything so I guess he can't. Summoning is helpful if used right.

Healing Powers: Jiraiya can heal himself in saga mode and save chakra or get chakra from nature.

Saga mode: Really frightening power

Barriers: He can make a lot of kinds of barriers. You can see some of them in the fight against pain

Lyon Hair: He alter his hair and use it as a weapon.

When Itachi says that he can't beat Jiraiya, he can't. You have got to take his words for it

Last edited by yondaimeminato; 03-13-2010 at 07:12 AM.