23 57.50%
  • Itachi

17 42.50%
Page 4 of 5 « First 12345 Last»
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Reasons why i believe that Jiraiya would beat Itachi Uchiha in a battle:

nobody would really know cause they both were full of tricks....
    itachi was constantly doin new stuff out of no where...
    and nobody knew wat jiriya could really do untill his pein fight....
    so imagine wat else hes hidin around... so basically in shorts...
    i think these 2 could have been natural foes to a certain degree...
    jiriya didnt even know wat amaterasu was at one point... jus called it black flames..

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    Do you really think Itachi as experienced and smart as he was, that he would let Jiraiya to go Sage Mode without severely cripple him before he can even smell Sage Mode??
    yes

jiraya could easy go into his frog dimension and summon ma and pa toad

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

People get the misconception that itachi was afraid of jiraiya. Wrong!!!

This is the reason why kisame and itachi fled...

The biggest misconception of all: Naruto 148 page 07 | One Manga etc... This has been used as argument again and again for every thread concering Jiraya even when putting him in a fight against different opponents.
    First of all, here is mistranslation:
    Quote:
    アナタならどうにかこうにかやれる相手でも私じゃあ分かりませんよ・・・
    次元が違う。
    ああ・・・
    やり合えば二人共殺されるか
    よくて相打ちというところ
    たとえ人数を増やしたとしても変わらないだろう
    ラーメン屋でやっと見つけてはいいが・・・
    お守り が あの“伝説の三忍”とは
    彼が相手では“木ノ葉のうちは一族”も“霧の忍び刀人衆”の名もかすんでしまう
    ああしかし・・・・
    どんな強者にも弱点というのがあるものだ・・・

Credits go to mangahelpers for the raw.

Translation and opinion as well as comment from Monzaemon: "I don't know about me, but I'm pretty sure you could've handled him"

"Hmmm...we would either both be killed, or it would be a draw. It wouldn't matter if we went in with more people or not".

Kisame brings up a certain individual, who Itachi states that they would die fighting against, and that it wouldn't matter if they went in with more people or not. Then the conversation continues:

"His caretaker is one of the legendary Sannins".

In the first part of the dialogue, they were talking about a certain individual, who they refer to as "him", and then they switch their conversation that same individual's caretaker. "His" caretaker.

Comment from Gottheim:I've translated that little bit myself a while ago, and I've come to the same conclusion as the OP. Itachi wasn't referring to Jiraiya but to Naruto. He was expecting a fight against Kyuubi in a human form. Probably less powerful, but protected from MS. Jiraiya came as an afterthought: not that he was deemed a negligible threat. It's just that everything pales in comparison with the power of the Nine-Tails.

So it is pretty obvious that kisame and Itachi were reffering to Naruto and not Jiraya. They were afraid of his kuybi form. That was the reason they retreated. Itachi admits that they could take care of his Kuybi form with his mangekuy something that can be assumed from the fact that Itachi and Kisame tried to capture Naruto. Then Jiraya comes, uses his toad jutsu and Itachi has to use Amaterasu so as to escape it. He then admits that he is tired because of the usage of his Amaterasu as well as Tsukuyomi earlier when confronting Kakashi. He continues to say that because of his tireness he will be unable to use Mangekuy effectively so as to protect themselves from the fox so he has to retreat. kisame says that he would surely be no match for the fox but Itachi would still be able to fight it. Itachi then says that even for him the Naruto kuybi form would be a difficult fight that would end either of them getting killed or a draw. Is the misconception cleared now? Kisame and Itachi were afraid of the kuybi form because of Itachi tireness after using both Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu, oh and Tsukuyomi against Sasuke. Also, Jirayas presence was something that made them afraid but not as much as Narutos form. { Kisame was afraid of jiraya and Itachi of Kuybi form}

Now, i am expecting to hear: " . Itachi is afraid of Naruto kuybi form. and etc" Some things to take into consideration before we make so many false assumptions: 1 Itachi was too tired.
    2 Itachi had no knowledge of narutos power with Kuybi.
    3 Itachi was an ally of Konoha. No reason for him to fight.
    4 Itachi was there only to warn Danzo and the elders about Sasuke.
    5 Itachi did not want to get himself in a useless fight. He kept surving because of the usage of medicine in order to fight Sasuke and pass him the mangekuy abillities. So no serious fight that would endager his life or render him uselless(lol.nagato) Else he would have fight Madara/

Reps to Peacful Uchiha Forever.

And then there is this for the frog song...

KEKKEI GENKAI; Genjutsu; Magen: Kyou Tenchi Ten (Genjutsu; Demonic Illusion: Universe-Mirroring Reversal)
    User: Uchiha Itachi
    Supplementary; Close range; Rank: none

Main text

One decrypts a genjutsu that has been applied onto them, and casts back a jutsu with identical effects onto the opponent!! It's a form of illusion reversal, but in order to instantly read through a jutsu and cast it in return, the Sharingan's power is necessary. As genjutsu is initially used to confuse the enemy, this technique which sends it right back to its caster deals a high amount of mental damage, more than anything else.

Caption

-The mechanics of a false image is duplicated by these eyes, its effects largely turned back onto the enemy!!

So your probably thinking jiraiya can always use his toad belly summoning to trap itachi..lets see. ok he summons toad belly and then itachi uses legendary sword. toad belly goes away and never comes back...LOL. and then u say jiraiya has a vast array of jutsus with large amount of chakra plus sage mode to help..ok dats fine and dandy, but in the face of the legendary shield aka yata mirror everything is useless. if the shield can block all ninjutsu and taijustu and a lightning bolt that strikes at 186,000 miles per second. then j-man has no hope. can j-man cast or fight as fast as light, umm i dont think so.. so know you say well jiraiya is smarter and has more experience..ok sure, but who became anbu captain at age 13? who figured out madara was still alive wen the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th hokage was fooled? who is smart enough to play a double agent and fool everyone except the hokage? itachi thank you very much...

and one more thing...--> It requires Itachji to let Jiraiya run away etc haha, his sword of totsuka has hundreds of ft of reach.

One last thing i have to say...lets see, umm ok, i have two weapons. one that seals anything it touches and another one the blocks everything i mean EVERYTHING, what does that me me? MUTHA F@#%#@ INVINCALBE!!! LOL

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Its obvious that theres people who think difrently, and theres no need in making others to change theyr opinion, we will actualy never know who would win, it depends w/e Kishi choses to

i personaly think itachi would, or Kisame. after all Itachi>Oro and Kisame > Kirabi
    and im sure J-Man wouldnt have a chance against Oro or Kirabi..thats not the only reason tho

now some of you have another point of view. just share it and stfu! Also this poll is a joke if u consider that some ppl here make any difrence between Fillers and Arcs

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Eyesofthekyuubi, databook isn't even written purely by kishi, so quite frankly it can go **** itself.

Nobody has yet to state ANYTHING about the FACT that naruto ADMITTED pains 5 second interval WAS TOO FAST, and that kakashi MATCHED narutos SAGE MODE SPEED, because Naruto got literally on the dot close to pain during sage mode and used loads of clones to lessen the effects of shinra tensei, just like Kakashi got THAT close to God realm to have that body appear and protect him.

Amaterasu is INSTANT, how can Naruto dodge Amaterasu when he cant even get inside a 5 second interval being just 5-10ft away from the enemy?

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naruto would dodge amaterasu the same way that Sasuke ran from it when he was fighting with Itachi. Jiriaya may have even been able to use a fire technique to "repel" amarterasu just the same way that Sasuke did. Its been done by multiple people so it atleast proves its not impossible its just really fast.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Jaraya will win cause:

1- the reasons u told are good points

2- hes strong

3- he a Main/Sub character, so he cant go down without a fight.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Flashy View Post
    Jaraya will win cause:

2- hes strong

that's emberasing...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

j-man has strong jutsu to counteract itachi's MS:

j-man could use "swamp jutsu??" or send to another dimension against susanoo or itachi himself

j-man could use "4 giants frog seal??" tech before he could stab him with the big sword

or use "frog stomach??" to make him use his MS to overused his chakra then make him a frog?

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele311 View Post
    Naruto would dodge amaterasu the same way that Sasuke ran from it when he was fighting with Itachi. Jiriaya may have even been able to use a fire technique to "repel" amarterasu just the same way that Sasuke did. Its been done by multiple people so it atleast proves its not impossible its just really fast.
    Sasuke never repelled Amaterasu with Katon.. Amaterasu actually burned Katon fire to nothing..
    THIS THE MANGA SECTION, in the anime Sasuke did run away from it for 2 or 3 seconds.. In the Manga it burned him instantly and then he used Rebirth Jutsu to crap a body out.
    Only way to dodge Amaterasu is throught pure speed like Raikage did.. Naruto does not possess that type of speed.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Flashy View Post
    Jaraya will win cause:

2- hes strong

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele311 View Post
    Anime is nothing to go upon, in Manga it hit sasuke immediately.

May i also remind you that Itachis intention was never to kill sasuke anyway, so ofc the sasuke vs Itachi fight makes Itachis MS techs look weaker, slower, and lamer than they actually are.

We saw how Itachi caused a near mental breakdown of Kakashi, MENTAL, not PHYSICAL, Itachi can still do that to Kakashi, and any other, he can make weeks of torture in 1 second.

Even Jiraiya would simple collapse if Itachi tortured him for years (worth only 1 second)

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by naturo9 View Post
    j-man has strong jutsu to counteract itachi's MS:

j-man could use "swamp jutsu??" or send to another dimension against susanoo or itachi himself

j-man could use "4 giants frog seal??" tech before he could stab him with the big sword

or use "frog stomach??" to make him use his MS to overused his chakra then make him a frog?
    halerious post dude

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

just read what i wrote at the end of page 4 and you'll know why itachi is the winner...based on all facts..

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hmmm jiraiya cant deal with genjutsu but itachi said jiraiya could beat him, weird ....

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pervy Sage View Post
    Hmmm jiraiya cant deal with genjutsu but itachi said jiraiya could beat him, weird ....
    Didn't you read DB3st post?? MISTRANSLATION IN THAT CHAPTER.. Itachi was talking about the Kyuubi.. Kyuubi could defeat him or draw..
    Even if he was talking about Jiraiya which was proven that he was not. Itachi was putting a show to Kisame as he was only there to warn Danzo and the Elders that he was alive.. Itachi would never hurt Konoha-Strike force..

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Didn't you read DB3st post?? MISTRANSLATION IN THAT CHAPTER.. Itachi was talking about the Kyuubi.. Kyuubi could defeat him or draw..
    Even if he was talking about Jiraiya which was proven that he was not. Itachi was putting a show to Kisame as he was only there to warn Danzo and the Elders that he was alive.. Itachi would never hurt Konoha-Strike force..
    That makes sence but that is an assumtion interpretation of the chapter and you trying to make sence of it.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i belive if this was true, than it wouldnt make much sence anyway
    btw, last time i readed those chapters over i didnt find anything close to that

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That makes sence but that is an assumtion interpretation of the chapter and you trying to make sence of it.
    It's not an assumption..
    Then why he didn't killed Kakashi?? Kakashi was asking himself why Itachi did not killed him..
    Then why he didn't took Naruto with them, since he had more then enough time??

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    jus chilling

good points i also think that because i have never seen itachi fight at full strength

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's not an assumption..
    Then why he didn't killed Kakashi?? Kakashi was asking himself why Itachi did not killed him..
    Then why he didn't took Naruto with them, since he had more then enough time??
    He didnt kill kakashi because he didnt need to, and he didnt want to over use his sharingan as he would go blind.

He didnt take naruto with him because he would have to fight jiraiya and didnt think he would be able win.

I can come up with reasons all day lol

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He didnt kill kakashi because he didnt need to, and he didnt want to over use his sharingan as he would go blind.

He didnt take naruto with him because he would have to fight jiraiya and didnt think he would be able win.

I can come up with reasons all day lol
    WTH Your blinded by ur love to JMan

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shunsui View Post
    This..

He's just denying all the Itachi history..

FACTS: He didn't killed Kakashi because he didn't want to hurt Konoha arsenal of shinobi..

He didn't took Naruto with him because Akatsuki having the Kyuubi would be a huge step in their plans..

He didn't needed to fight Jiraiya.. First because it will weaken Konoha's strikeforce.. Second, a fight with Jiraiya would make him use more of Mangekyo and probably could shorten his limited life-span even more..
    And he wanted to live long enough to die at the hands of Sasuke..

Third is only reason to be there was to warn Danzo and the elders..

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shunsui View Post
    Lmao

Sorry i agree with you, jiraiya would get owned by suisanoo but i just like to argue about naruto

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sasuke never repelled Amaterasu with Katon.. Amaterasu actually burned Katon fire to nothing..
    THIS THE MANGA SECTION, in the anime Sasuke did run away from it for 2 or 3 seconds.. In the Manga it burned him instantly and then he used Rebirth Jutsu to crap a body out.
    Only way to dodge Amaterasu is throught pure speed like Raikage did.. Naruto does not possess that type of speed.
    I understand that this is the manga section. The only issue I have with ONLY going by the manga is that it would not show every single piece of a fight frame by frame if it showed the whole fight it would be way too long so just looking at the manga is almost not enough just because of the fact it can't show every detail unless you assume that the manga is the only source of details and then if that is the case then I am not even interested really in talking about it. I understand the anime has fillers but what is not filler should be part of the same story. which is why I would reference it. Without all of the details and looking at just the manga panels I feel it is missing some detail that may be elaborated on in the anime.