23 57.50%
  • Itachi

17 42.50%
Page 5 of 5 « First 12345
    Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Reasons why i believe that Jiraiya would beat Itachi Uchiha in a battle:

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele311 View Post
    I understand that this is the manga section. The only issue I have with ONLY going by the manga is that it would not show every single piece of a fight frame by frame if it showed the whole fight it would be way too long so just looking at the manga is almost not enough just because of the fact it can't show every detail unless you assume that the manga is the only source of details and then if that is the case then I am not even interested really in talking about it. I understand the anime has fillers but what is not filler should be part of the same story. which is why I would reference it. Without all of the details and looking at just the manga panels I feel it is missing some detail that may be elaborated on in the anime.
    Anime = Animated manga, ofc you know it but the thing is quite often they add some things wich shouldnt be there

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele311 View Post
    I understand that this is the manga section. The only issue I have with ONLY going by the manga is that it would not show every single piece of a fight frame by frame if it showed the whole fight it would be way too long so just looking at the manga is almost not enough just because of the fact it can't show every detail unless you assume that the manga is the only source of details and then if that is the case then I am not even interested really in talking about it. I understand the anime has fillers but what is not filler should be part of the same story. which is why I would reference it. Without all of the details and looking at just the manga panels I feel it is missing some detail that may be elaborated on in the anime.
    Fights have some "Filling".. Manga is the ONLY reliable source..

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    Didn't you read DB3st post?? MISTRANSLATION IN THAT CHAPTER.. Itachi was talking about the Kyuubi.. Kyuubi could defeat him or draw..
    Even if he was talking about Jiraiya which was proven that he was not..

Quite frankly, Itachi was INDEED talking about JIraya.

Sasuke managed to defeat Naruto at the Valley of the end, and Itachi with MS and Kisame with Samehada (who could handle 8tails chakra without a problem) of course could lose.

Was it for show or not.. I bet it was, the reason is obvious - J-man is the KOnoha's powerhouse and itachi was loyal to the vil.
    And the other is a fight with J-man would exhaust Itachi's sharingan, and as we know he needed it to fight Sasuke

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedlink View Post
    Eyesofthekyuubi, databook isn't even written purely by kishi, so quite frankly it can go **** itself.

Nobody has yet to state ANYTHING about the FACT that naruto ADMITTED pains 5 second interval WAS TOO FAST, and that kakashi MATCHED narutos SAGE MODE SPEED, because Naruto got literally on the dot close to pain during sage mode and used loads of clones to lessen the effects of shinra tensei, just like Kakashi got THAT close to God realm to have that body appear and protect him.

Amaterasu is INSTANT, how can Naruto dodge Amaterasu when he cant even get inside a 5 second interval being just 5-10ft away from the enemy?
    Then how did Raikage dodge Amaterasu? It is a FAST technique. They all say their techniques are unbeatable, until they are beaten. Then they say shit like "impossible!!!!".

Naruto stated that 5 seconds was too small, but at that point he had to deal with the other bodies. I don't think the other bodies were about to just stand back and let Naruto handle Deva Path.

Fukasaku said it increased physical capabilties.

If it isn't written PURELY by Kishi, then it is written partly by him. Which means he would have reviewed it.
    Even if it wasn't, it was written by people who probably know Naruto a lot better than we do.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    Sasuke never repelled Amaterasu with Katon.. Amaterasu actually burned Katon fire to nothing..
    THIS THE MANGA SECTION, in the anime Sasuke did run away from it for 2 or 3 seconds.. In the Manga it burned him instantly and then he used Rebirth Jutsu to crap a body out.
    Only way to dodge Amaterasu is throught pure speed like Raikage did.. Naruto does not possess that type of speed.
    No, he actually ran from it for a short while. It took some time for it to reach him.

I don't even watch the anime, I just read the manga. Just an FYI. I haven't seen the Itachi vs. Sasuke fight in the anime.

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by db3st View Post
    People get the misconception that itachi was afraid of jiraiya. Wrong!!!

This is the reason why kisame and itachi fled...

The biggest misconception of all: Naruto 148 page 07 | One Manga etc... This has been used as argument again and again for every thread concering Jiraya even when putting him in a fight against different opponents.
    First of all, here is mistranslation:
    Quote:
    アナタならどうにかこうにかやれる相手でも私じゃあ分かりませんよ・・・
    次元が違う。
    ああ・・・
    やり合えば二人共殺されるか
    よくて相打ちというところ
    たとえ人数を増やしたとしても変わらないだろう
    ラーメン屋でやっと見つけてはいいが・・・
    お守り が あの伝説の三忍とは
    彼が相手では木ノ葉のうちは一族も霧の忍び刀人衆の名もかすんでしまう
    ああしかし・・・・
    どんな強者にも弱点というのがあるものだ・・・

Credits go to mangahelpers for the raw.

Translation and opinion as well as comment from Monzaemon: "I don't know about me, but I'm pretty sure you could've handled him"

"Hmmm...we would either both be killed, or it would be a draw. It wouldn't matter if we went in with more people or not".

Kisame brings up a certain individual, who Itachi states that they would die fighting against, and that it wouldn't matter if they went in with more people or not. Then the conversation continues:

"His caretaker is one of the legendary Sannins".

In the first part of the dialogue, they were talking about a certain individual, who they refer to as "him", and then they switch their conversation that same individual's caretaker. "His" caretaker.

Comment from Gottheim:I've translated that little bit myself a while ago, and I've come to the same conclusion as the OP. Itachi wasn't referring to Jiraiya but to Naruto. He was expecting a fight against Kyuubi in a human form. Probably less powerful, but protected from MS. Jiraiya came as an afterthought: not that he was deemed a negligible threat. It's just that everything pales in comparison with the power of the Nine-Tails.

So it is pretty obvious that kisame and Itachi were reffering to Naruto and not Jiraya. They were afraid of his kuybi form. That was the reason they retreated. Itachi admits that they could take care of his Kuybi form with his mangekuy something that can be assumed from the fact that Itachi and Kisame tried to capture Naruto. Then Jiraya comes, uses his toad jutsu and Itachi has to use Amaterasu so as to escape it. He then admits that he is tired because of the usage of his Amaterasu as well as Tsukuyomi earlier when confronting Kakashi. He continues to say that because of his tireness he will be unable to use Mangekuy effectively so as to protect themselves from the fox so he has to retreat. kisame says that he would surely be no match for the fox but Itachi would still be able to fight it. Itachi then says that even for him the Naruto kuybi form would be a difficult fight that would end either of them getting killed or a draw. Is the misconception cleared now? Kisame and Itachi were afraid of the kuybi form because of Itachi tireness after using both Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu, oh and Tsukuyomi against Sasuke. Also, Jirayas presence was something that made them afraid but not as much as Narutos form. { Kisame was afraid of jiraya and Itachi of Kuybi form}

Now, i am expecting to hear: " . Itachi is afraid of Naruto kuybi form. and etc" Some things to take into consideration before we make so many false assumptions: 1 Itachi was too tired.
    2 Itachi had no knowledge of narutos power with Kuybi.
    3 Itachi was an ally of Konoha. No reason for him to fight.
    4 Itachi was there only to warn Danzo and the elders about Sasuke.
    5 Itachi did not want to get himself in a useless fight. He kept surving because of the usage of medicine in order to fight Sasuke and pass him the mangekuy abillities. So no serious fight that would endager his life or render him uselless(lol.nagato) Else he would have fight Madara/

Reps to Peacful Uchiha Forever.

And then there is this for the frog song...

KEKKEI GENKAI; Genjutsu; Magen: Kyou Tenchi Ten (Genjutsu; Demonic Illusion: Universe-Mirroring Reversal)
    User: Uchiha Itachi
    Supplementary; Close range; Rank: none

Main text

One decrypts a genjutsu that has been applied onto them, and casts back a jutsu with identical effects onto the opponent!! It's a form of illusion reversal, but in order to instantly read through a jutsu and cast it in return, the Sharingan's power is necessary. As genjutsu is initially used to confuse the enemy, this technique which sends it right back to its caster deals a high amount of mental damage, more than anything else.

Caption

-The mechanics of a false image is duplicated by these eyes, its effects largely turned back onto the enemy!!

So your probably thinking jiraiya can always use his toad belly summoning to trap itachi..lets see. ok he summons toad belly and then itachi uses legendary sword. toad belly goes away and never comes back...LOL. and then u say jiraiya has a vast array of jutsus with large amount of chakra plus sage mode to help..ok dats fine and dandy, but in the face of the legendary shield aka yata mirror everything is useless. if the shield can block all ninjutsu and taijustu and a lightning bolt that strikes at 186,000 miles per second. then j-man has no hope. can j-man cast or fight as fast as light, umm i dont think so.. so know you say well jiraiya is smarter and has more experience..ok sure, but who became anbu captain at age 13? who figured out madara was still alive wen the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th hokage was fooled? who is smart enough to play a double agent and fool everyone except the hokage? itachi thank you very much...

and one more thing...--> It requires Itachji to let Jiraiya run away etc haha, his sword of totsuka has hundreds of ft of reach.

One last thing i have to say...lets see, umm ok, i have two weapons. one that seals anything it touches and another one the blocks everything i mean EVERYTHING, what does that me me? MUTHA F@#%#@ INVINCALBE!!! LOL
    Ok that makes absolutely no sense. Kasame can easily dispose of the kyuubi. Hell when he saw Naruto he showed no fear towards him hell even threatened to cut off his arms. While they had to dispose of Jiraiya plus Itachi with the MS can easily tame the kyuubi. Naruto was a kid 12 years old to the like of those to even the kyuubi shows no threat. because the vessel was to small.

They were defiantly talking bout Jiraiya. people keep underestimating Jiraiya the strongest sannin. Who's stats equal to that of Itachi himself without sage mode, come one people going as far as saying Itachi will finish him quick before he enters sage mode WAT just because he finished off Oro lightly doesn't mean he can do that with Jiraiya. Face it when he enters sage mode and his incredible stats increase more. With his powers comes the experience to use them. The only real threat is Sasanoo.

Lastly besides Naruto, Itachi is my favorite Character following Minato. why I say this is because I'm not being bias I'm not saying Jiraiya because he's my favorite. Just because I see him stronger than Itachi.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    Just because I see him stronger than Itachi.
    Most of the times what you see is based on your preconceptions and shaped by your beliefs.. Doesn't mean you are right by any means..

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    Ok that makes absolutely no sense. Kasame can easily dispose of the kyuubi. Hell when he saw Naruto he showed no fear towards him hell even threatened to cut off his arms. While they had to dispose of Jiraiya plus Itachi with the MS can easily tame the kyuubi. Naruto was a kid 12 years old to the like of those to even the kyuubi shows no threat. because the vessel was to small.

They were defiantly talking bout Jiraiya. people keep underestimating Jiraiya the strongest sannin. Who's stats equal to that of Itachi himself without sage mode, come one people going as far as saying Itachi will finish him quick before he enters sage mode WAT just because he finished off Oro lightly doesn't mean he can do that with Jiraiya. Face it when he enters sage mode and his incredible stats increase more. With his powers comes the experience to use them. The only real threat is Sasanoo.

Lastly besides Naruto, Itachi is my favorite Character following Minato. why I say this is because I'm not being bias I'm not saying Jiraiya because he's my favorite. Just because I see him stronger than Itachi.
    Seconded. I actually like Jiraiya and Itachi about the same. Jiraiya because he was funny and Itachi because he was a badass.

Page 5 of 5 « First 12345