• tie

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Why CR7 fans?

stats mean shit. kaka had better stats than iniesta last season but he wasnt better. Anyway i dont care they are both amazing and i prefer ronaldo. We should be proud to be able to see both of these two play at the same time

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Why CR7 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    That's why I hate stats. They never tell the whole story. Messi, maybe hits the wall less on numbers but his free-kicks are shot with finesse and efficiency. Not that I don't like it - my favorite free-kick taker is Beckham. But his free-kick technique offers 4 options - goal, goal saved into corner, off-target, hit the wall. However, Messi doesn't really do indirect free-kicks or crossed-freekicks or powerbased free-kicks.

Now to CR7. His style is very distinctive and something that he perfectioned over the years. Messi's FK-style is nothing unique and it's just the basic FK-shooting way. But here's what I like about CR7 - despite not being a indirect fk-taker, he turns out to be one "indirectly". In that case of Ronaldo, even if he doesn''t score, he still creates danger with his FKs. The ball has so much power into it that, even if the GK saved it or if it hits the wall, the ball might well end up in one of CR7's teammates' feet. In Messi's finesse shot, it's gonna take extremely bad goalkeeping to re-push to the box where danger is roaming. But Ronaldo's style creates imprevisibility and unsureness. No GK can be sure, how it might turns out. The ball may be onto the GK but he might still not save it.

That's something stats doesn't say about Ronaldo's free-kick - how much danger does his free-kick actually creates! At the end of the day, free-kick are just a scoring opportunity for all teams. Ronaldo; maybe less efficient than Messi; but Ronaldo creates more scoring danger for his team on his FKs - whether individually or collectively. Ronaldo's shot power and FK style gives him so much options in his palette' much more than Messi. That' why CR7 is better than Messi on FK.

And no Messi definitely don't have better leadership qualities. Ronaldo has made a team with Portugal thanks to his leadership and aura; despite Portugal consisting of sub-level players. Messi can't even do that in a team consisting of other world-class players like Tevez, Aguero, Di Maria ect...

Thanks for the +Rep and if you like my and ReLax's wallies, then I welcome you to often comment on the General Football Debates thread.
    great explanation, you probably changed my mind on the leadership part but i still think messi is a better FK taker

And yes i will be commented in that thread in the future:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Minato View Post
    stats mean shit. kaka had better stats than iniesta last season but he wasnt better. Anyway i dont care they are both amazing and i prefer ronaldo. We should be proud to be able to see both of these two play at the same time
    we all know they are beasts. this thread is just asking who do you think is better and to his fans that think he is >=messi to explain....thats all

You see Escorps did a great job explaining why he thinks they are tied, even though i disagree he still backed up his opinion with great detail which i can respect

Page 2 of 2 « First 12