Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

Interview with Hiroshi Matsuyama Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.

On the occasion of the annual event, Namco Bandai, the Level Up, we had the chance to meet Hiroshi Matsuyama to talk about the future Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.

Meanwhile our preview in the coming days, here is our interview Matsuyama-san, the President of CyberConnect2 studio that handles the license for many years and therefore the ideal person to talk about Naruto. And the least we can say is that this gentleman is truly passionate...

Couple of Pixels : Among the new Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, which ones have you prefer?

Matsuyama-san : There are many new products in this title. The power of the PS4 has to offer a lot more detail, finer faces but that's not the most important. The most important is the ability to offer a more realistic staging, closer to the anime. For example, the clothes can ignite when the characters pass by flames. Another important example, the ability to change characters in the mode "free battle", that the PS3 does not allow us. The other characters of our group are no longer a temporary help, they are real characters in their own right. It is these elements that all our pride.

CoP : When you say that the clothes will burn, does that mean that the damage will be visible during the fighting?

M : On the PS3 clothes got dirty in as of the damage. During the presentation in December (note: the Jump Festa) , we had already shown that get damaged armor, clothes that fall apart a bit. We are still at work on this aspect of development, therefore, it is difficult to tell you more today.

CoP : The Adventure mode is popular with fans, can we learn more about this method?

M : Of course The adventure mode is present in Storm 4. This is a very important way for us. We have already announced that there would be battles against bosses inside the Adventure mode. The story starts from Madara and ends with a climax that I can not reveal now because it would be a shame you spoiler ... but I am sure it will do just please the fans.

CoP : A question a little more personal. We often see you cosplayé during your presentations and your meetings with the press. Is this something you love to do or is it just for show?

M : ( laughs even more of his team in the background ) course at events with the press, it's my job embody Naruto, so I behave as such. Sometimes I participate in events with fans or signing sessions, for example in shops, and again, I wear this costume. I can tell you that I really like it ( more laughter ).

CoP : The author of Naruto, Kishimoto-san, has always been very involved in the development of Naruto games. To what extent has he been involved in this episode?

M : Kishimoto-san is even more involved in this title, be it the script or the general frame of the story. When we presented the first version of the graphics engine, he said he was more qu'époustouflé by reports that we had managed to get. He could not believe it. He was really crazy about what we had done. He even told us that it had somehow challenge and that he himself would get back to work to achieve a result as bluffing and will not be left behind. It was a great pleasure for us to receive so many compliments.

CoP : The manga ended, what are the plans for the future?

M : For now, there is nothing planned for we are all thoroughly on Storm 4. This is not something we think . currently

CoP : All Naruto games are games centered on the battle, which is pretty normal given the history and context of the series. Can we imagine a day to see a Naruto game of another kind, as a pure RPG or adventure game?

M : I do not see the point of an RPG around the Naruto universe because we have already a fairly complete adventure mode where the player can make choices and develop the story. Moreover, what the fans and ourselves appreciate the Naruto universe is to take control of heroes, make them move, make them fight like in the anime. The game as we know it is already very extensive with its Adventure mode, the Battle mode, the on-line mode, ... This kind of game is really the specialty of our studio so I do not see the need to transform Naruto to another genre.

CoP : Do you were already a fan of the manga before working on this license? Was it a kind of consecration to work on this license?

M: I am a fan of Naruto since the publication of the first chapter in Jump. I worked on a lot of the planning of Naruto games. It was me who came from Namco Bandai, with the project and that has clearly shown my interest to work on Naruto. I'm definitely a fan of the license.

CoP : Thank you.
    Source : Couple of Pixels

Status
    Dec 2014
    This user has solo status

Re: Interview with Hiroshi Matsuyama Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.

Itachi,Kakuzu and Kisame new moveset ty

Status
    Insomnia

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Wrath View Post
    Itachi,Kakuzu and Kisame new moveset ty
    Itachi's moveset is almost perfect for me in storm revolution

OT: thx for sharing

Status
    Dec 2014

Quote Originally Posted by I need some sleep View Post
    Itachi's moveset is almost perfect for me in storm revolution

OT: thx for sharing
    Imo Edo itachi needs a new moveset with Izanami and a new fire jutsu for example the fire shuriken jutsu.

Status
    Insomnia

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Wrath View Post
    Imo Edo itachi needs a new moveset with Izanami and a new fire jutsu for example the fire shuriken jutsu.
    maybe. indeed amaterasu is a bit too slow, despite its amazing tracking ability

Status
    Dec 2014

Quote Originally Posted by I need some sleep View Post
    maybe. indeed amaterasu is a bit too slow, despite its amazing tracking ability
    Lmao true

Status
    Jun 2013
    Obito Uchiha Is God!!

Canon please come back!!!! I miss you!!!!