Page 3 of 8 « First 1234567 ... Last»
Results 41 to 60 of 141
  1. #41
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,481
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    solid arguement with adequate proof however u left something out that is very important itachi was around when the fox attacked the village he may have witnessed first hand what it was capable of and that might be why he was cautious in concerns to it
     
         

  2. #42
    RAWR. Bancie's Avatar
    Status
    Bancie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    225
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by kabumaru View Post
    solid arguement with adequate proof however u left something out that is very important itachi was around when the fox attacked the village he may have witnessed first hand what it was capable of and that might be why he was cautious in concerns to it
    Very good point. ^__^
     
         

  3. #43
    Member Vexanthrope's Avatar
    Status
    Vexanthrope is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    61
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    sigh.. again these "my idea is the only idea" posts.

    if they were afraid of Naruto, why did itachi control a lady to get Jiraiya away from naruto if they thought they could handle him?
     
         

  4. #44
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,481
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexanthrope View Post
    sigh.. again these "my idea is the only idea" posts.

    if they were afraid of Naruto, why did itachi control a lady to get Jiraiya away from naruto if they thought they could handle him?

    some people are more opinionated than others and if u dont like a piece, most of, or just entirely disagree with a theory thats fine beause i still think j-man wil be a good match for itachi and the only person who could persuade me 100% is kishi

    so dont let a strong opinoin drown out the fact that it is still an opinion
     
         

  5. #45
    Banned Mighty Curtain Messiah's Avatar
    Status
    Mighty Curtain Messiah is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,115
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by kabumaru View Post
    solid arguement with adequate proof however u left something out that is very important itachi was around when the fox attacked the village he may have witnessed first hand what it was capable of and that might be why he was cautious in concerns to it
    Dude he was 3 years old >.<
     
         

  6. #46
    Member twistedHyuga's Avatar
    Status
    twistedHyuga is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    71
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    You guys are all missing something important when you say itachi wouldn't have gotten serious with jiraiya from the beginning. WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ITACHI IN A FIGHT WITH THE INTENT TO KILL!!! All those times we saw itachi fight, it was always for some alterior motive. Itachi was a freaking genius. There's no doubt in my mind had he been fighting to kill would he pull out all the big guns and use them to their fullest potential. Before jiraiya had time to go in sage mode, he would be caught in a genjutsu of itachi's and be instantly pwned.
     
         

  7. #47
    uchiha forever peaceful's Avatar
    Status
    peaceful is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,042
    Location
    Together with Itachi drinking some beers
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steinbiz View Post
    haha, so peacful, your telling me that people who think jiraiya are stronger are not aloud to post because you will report them......WTF?!?!?!

    JIRAIYA RAPES ITACHI.

    oh yeah btw, go look up like EVERY jiraiya vs itachi poll thread in google. every time jiraiya wins. why do you think he wins every time? because of popularity? right........It's fact! sorry if that hurts your feelings, well......not really.
    Reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexanthrope View Post
    sigh.. again these "my idea is the only idea" posts.

    if they were afraid of Naruto, why did itachi control a lady to get Jiraiya away from naruto if they thought they could handle him?
    My answer is inside the op. However i will answer to you only this time. Itachi was ally of Konoha. Also he did not want to ender in fights that had no use to him etc...(for more info in the thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedHyuga View Post
    You guys are all missing something important when you say itachi wouldn't have gotten serious with jiraiya from the beginning. WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ITACHI IN A FIGHT WITH THE INTENT TO KILL!!! All those times we saw itachi fight, it was always for some alterior motive. Itachi was a freaking genius. There's no doubt in my mind had he been fighting to kill would he pull out all the big guns and use them to their fullest potential. Before jiraiya had time to go in sage mode, he would be caught in a genjutsu of itachi's and be instantly pwned.
    -sighs- Please do no use such language. I have warned everyone in the op.
     
         

  8. #48
    Alucard's Avatar
    Status
    Alucard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,741
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steinbiz View Post
    haha, so peacful, your telling me that people who think jiraiya are stronger are not aloud to post because you will report them......WTF?!?!?!

    JIRAIYA RAPES ITACHI.

    oh yeah btw, go look up like EVERY jiraiya vs itachi poll thread in google. every time jiraiya wins. why do you think he wins every time? because of popularity? right........It's fact! sorry if that hurts your feelings, well......not really.
    Seriously, dont want to be mean to you but what you said was just stupid =/

    Thats right, he only wins because of his popularity. Sorry (peaceful), i dont have many arguments to do on this, i just can only say that Itachi can win against Jiraya, how could Jiraya wind against Itachi? He could simply use Susano'o or Amaterasu, of course those jutsus are OP and Itachi has Sharingan who gives him a great advantage, so what? It's the facts. We are here to say the truth, Jiraya loses to itachi, not ''Jiraya would win if'', that doesnt work to me, thats noob talk, the real facts are the ones shown in the manga. If ton-ton would have EMS and know how t ocontrol it he/she would beat almost all caractheres in Naruto World.

    Jiraya only has more chances in Sage Mode.
    -Yeah but thats b/c he didnt mastered it completly.
    So what? It's a fact, dont excuse yourself by using those ''if'', that doesnt mean anything. If i had MS i would pwn you all just by oppening my eye.

    What can do Jiraya in Sage Mode?
    -Is faster
    -Is stronger
    -Has that Gengutsu thing with the frogs
    I dont know anything more at the moment =/

    Yeah, Jiraya can escape Gengutsu b/c frogs can fuse their chakra on him but what can do they more? Put Itachi on a Gengutsu? Thats almost like you and your friends do a football match against a professional football team.

    Yeah Jiraya has that seal that can seal Amaterasu, a seal that he needs to take off, open, put blood on it, make hand seals and wait for the scrool to ''absorb' the Amaterasu. By then Itachi could have killed much more ppl, with Jiraya included of course

    Tsukyomi (spell), yeah, frogs maybe can release Jiraya from the Gengutsu, maybe..

    Susano'o, well, i dont know what arguments can you have, you all know that Susano'o has Yata Mirror who can deflect all attacks. And in the other hand he has Sword of Totsuka that can seal everything it touches. So i dont know what arguments can you have, how could Jiraya still win. Look, i love Jiraya also, he is a great caracther but he would be pwnd. Its true, Itachi could need to rely on the Sharingan/MS and without that he could lose, its true, but this is all ''could'' and ''if''. The reality is that he has the Sharingan and MS, maybe he can only win with that agaisnt Jiraya, true, maybe he can win only with that but the fact is that he wins, because he has MS, beccause he would use MS, thats a fact.
     
         

  9. #49
    uchiha forever peaceful's Avatar
    Status
    peaceful is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,042
    Location
    Together with Itachi drinking some beers
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    Seriously, dont want to be mean to you but what you said was just stupid =/

    Thats right, he only wins because of his popularity. Sorry (peaceful), i dont have many arguments to do on this, i just can only say that Itachi can win against Jiraya, how could Jiraya wind against Itachi? He could simply use Susano'o or Amaterasu, of course those jutsus are OP and Itachi has Sharingan who gives him a great advantage, so what? It's the facts. We are here to say the truth, Jiraya loses to itachi, not ''Jiraya would win if'', that doesnt work to me, thats noob talk, the real facts are the ones shown in the manga. If ton-ton would have EMS and know how t ocontrol it he/she would beat almost all caractheres in Naruto World.

    Jiraya only has more chances in Sage Mode.
    -Yeah but thats b/c he didnt mastered it completly.
    So what? It's a fact, dont excuse yourself by using those ''if'', that doesnt mean anything. If i had MS i would pwn you all just by oppening my eye.

    What can do Jiraya in Sage Mode?
    -Is faster
    -Is stronger
    -Has that Gengutsu thing with the frogs
    I dont know anything more at the moment =/

    Yeah, Jiraya can escape Gengutsu b/c frogs can fuse their chakra on him but what can do they more? Put Itachi on a Gengutsu? Thats almost like you and your friends do a football match against a professional football team.

    Yeah Jiraya has that seal that can seal Amaterasu, a seal that he needs to take off, open, put blood on it, make hand seals and wait for the scrool to ''absorb' the Amaterasu. By then Itachi could have killed much more ppl, with Jiraya included of course

    Tsukyomi (spell), yeah, frogs maybe can release Jiraya from the Gengutsu, maybe..

    Susano'o, well, i dont know what arguments can you have, you all know that Susano'o has Yata Mirror who can deflect all attacks. And in the other hand he has Sword of Totsuka that can seal everything it touches. So i dont know what arguments can you have, how could Jiraya still win. Look, i love Jiraya also, he is a great caracther but he would be pwnd. Its true, Itachi could need to rely on the Sharingan/MS and without that he could lose, its true, but this is all ''could'' and ''if''. The reality is that he has the Sharingan and MS, maybe he can only win with that agaisnt Jiraya, true, maybe he can win only with that but the fact is that he wins, because he has MS, beccause he would use MS, thats a fact.
    Good post. The problem with this is that if i did a similar post i would have gotten flamed with the mods approval

    @ curtain buddy. Why do you say that? This was my intention This was not my intention...
     
         
    Last edited by peaceful; 07-12-2009 at 09:52 PM.

  10. #50
    Into the Black Light MentalJerk's Avatar
    Status
    MentalJerk is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12,291
    Location
    Somewhere
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Itachi is stronger than Jiraiya, no disscussion, Itachi can finish Jiraiya off even before Jira would activate the "sage" (I hate this word -_-) mode, to me, it's 55% chance of happening o__o, it's my opinion don't go say I said some bad language

    I'll make it short and simple


    Itachi = Dead Jiraiya
     
         

  11. #51
    Academy Student Muscleman's Avatar
    Status
    Muscleman is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    While good points are being made, let's look at what we know.

    Defeating a sharingan user often had been mentioned at various part of the series:
    --Hamper their vision (this seem to mostly work on lower level of Sharingan or people who got an implant) refer to Kakashi vs Zabuza.
    --Gai had clearly shown at multiple times that Taijutsu was in general a good way to deal with most doujutsu users. Gai did even mention that he could close his eyes to fight him or just look at his feet when he encountered Itachi but then again Kakashi replied that only Gai had the specialization to do that.
    -- Chiyo apparently had encounter with Sharingan user before and talked about a clear way of fighting them.
    --Tsunade mentions to Kakashi that she was disappointed that he didn't manage to break out of MS on his own, which seems to be not as hard as people think but then again she was a sannin (Jiraiya is one too).


    What Itachi have that we know about:

    --MS
    --Apparently able to make Illusion with his finger (see vs Naruto)
    --Tremendous amount of speed (unless told otherwise he and Sasuke were pretty even)
    --Amaretsu
    --Tsukiyomi
    -- Most likely has some Kaiton (Uchiha tradition to master fire)
    -- SusanoO

    What Jiraiya got:
    --Sage Mode
    --Bunch of frog Summon Jutsus (including Gamabunta)
    --Various Taijutsus defenses (spiky hair refer to fight with orochimaru)
    -- Bunch of Jutsus Kaiton most of them.
    -- Adaptability (if his fight vs Pein wasn't proof enough that he could adapt to most fighting condition dunno what is)
    --the cheap frog genjutsu

    ----------------------------------------
    SusanOo and Frog genjutsu are both I WIN button. the frog genjutsu works against doujutsu user as proven by paralyzing Pein bodies without any difficulty. SusanOo is said to deflect every attacks but so far, the limit of this ability haven't been tested either. Their I WIN buttons are powerful but sadly having been manifested only once during the whole series, we can't really put a point to those. Does Itachi need to concentrate when he performs Susano'O, meaning constantly keeping a flow of chakra going because the frog genjutsu can simply make him stop. How long does Susano"O assuming Jiraiya managed to land his frog genjutsu and Itachi had his armor up...will Jiraiya have to wait it out for the armor to wear off?

    I don't exactly put a winner on this as an obvious lack of data from both side.
     
         

  12. #52
    shinobi senpai ssanimo's Avatar
    Status
    ssanimo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    760
    Location
    Six Feet South of Hell
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    itachi wins......he whips out the sword of totsuka,yata's mirror and susano
    and pwns to no end......

    i have said this before and even made my own thread but as far as facts are concerned......i have still not seen anyone (naruto,pain,madara,j-man,sasuke)
    that you could say would hands down beat itachi

    itachi and j-man are tied for my 2 fav characters so my opinion is not bias......but it doesn't matter cuz everyone has their own opinions and only kishi could say who would win as he knows the true limits of their powers

    for instance it is unclear as to whether the sword and yata's mirror are part of susano or seperate spirit items.......if they are seperate you could say itachi could win w/o the sharingan all together.....
     
         

  13. #53
    shinobi senpai ssanimo's Avatar
    Status
    ssanimo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    760
    Location
    Six Feet South of Hell
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muscleman View Post
    While good points are being made, let's look at what we know.

    Defeating a sharingan user often had been mentioned at various part of the series:
    --Hamper their vision (this seem to mostly work on lower level of Sharingan or people who got an implant) refer to Kakashi vs Zabuza.
    --Gai had clearly shown at multiple times that Taijutsu was in general a good way to deal with most doujutsu users. Gai did even mention that he could close his eyes to fight him or just look at his feet when he encountered Itachi but then again Kakashi replied that only Gai had the specialization to do that.
    -- Chiyo apparently had encounter with Sharingan user before and talked about a clear way of fighting them.
    --Tsunade mentions to Kakashi that she was disappointed that he didn't manage to break out of MS on his own, which seems to be not as hard as people think but then again she was a sannin (Jiraiya is one too).


    What Itachi have that we know about:

    --MS
    --Apparently able to make Illusion with his finger (see vs Naruto)
    --Tremendous amount of speed (unless told otherwise he and Sasuke were pretty even)
    --Amaretsu
    --Tsukiyomi
    -- Most likely has some Kaiton (Uchiha tradition to master fire)
    -- SusanoO

    What Jiraiya got:
    --Sage Mode
    --Bunch of frog Summon Jutsus (including Gamabunta)
    --Various Taijutsus defenses (spiky hair refer to fight with orochimaru)
    -- Bunch of Jutsus Kaiton most of them.
    -- Adaptability (if his fight vs Pein wasn't proof enough that he could adapt to most fighting condition dunno what is)
    --the cheap frog genjutsu

    ----------------------------------------
    SusanOo and Frog genjutsu are both I WIN button. the frog genjutsu works against doujutsu user as proven by paralyzing Pein bodies without any difficulty. SusanOo is said to deflect every attacks but so far, the limit of this ability haven't been tested either. Their I WIN buttons are powerful but sadly having been manifested only once during the whole series, we can't really put a point to those. Does Itachi need to concentrate when he performs Susano'O, meaning constantly keeping a flow of chakra going because the frog genjutsu can simply make him stop. How long does Susano"O assuming Jiraiya managed to land his frog genjutsu and Itachi had his armor up...will Jiraiya have to wait it out for the armor to wear off?

    I don't exactly put a winner on this as an obvious lack of data from both side.
    well itachi brought susano out before a lightning bolt could reach him.......thats pretty danm fast.......and the frogs have to store up sage chakra to preform their genjutsu (see pa frog being pwned by pain)
     
         

  14. #54
    Academy Student Muscleman's Avatar
    Status
    Muscleman is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by ssanimo View Post
    well itachi brought susano out before a lightning bolt could reach him.......thats pretty danm fast.......and the frogs have to store up sage chakra to preform their genjutsu (see pa frog being pwned by pain)
    which is mostly my concern about SusanoO, does it reflect Genjutsu? Sadly Sasuke is far from being a genjutsu user so we didn't get to see one try. Reflecting fireballs and physical attacks are at least different for me than using a mental attack.
     
         

  15. #55
    Babe. Reel it in. ★ Rei ★'s Avatar
    Status
    ★ Rei ★ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,879
    Location
    Snowland
    Modbanhammer! saraisthebest
     



    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by ♦ Rei ♦ View Post
    Keep discussing this topic without personal attacks please
    which part of this didn't you get? everyone?

    ~Closed until i clear the spam and the flaming and i will re open it ~
    and yeah next one isn't a warning is an infraction.
     
         

  16. #56
    Babe. Reel it in. ★ Rei ★'s Avatar
    Status
    ★ Rei ★ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,879
    Location
    Snowland
    Modbanhammer! saraisthebest
     



    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    ~Open and i hope you get how lucky you all are~
     
         

  17. #57
    Legendary Steinbiz Steinbiz's Avatar
    Status
    Steinbiz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,811
    Location
    Everywhere
    Don't ever let anyone tell you
    what you can't do, but always
    listen to what you can do.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by ♦ Rei ♦ View Post
    ~Open and i hope you get how lucky you all are~
    thnx mom

    but yeah, jiraiya can overpower itachi with hermit mode, because it's too fast and powerful.
     
         

  18. #58
    Banned Mighty Curtain Messiah's Avatar
    Status
    Mighty Curtain Messiah is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,115
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steinbiz View Post
    thnx mom

    but yeah, jiraiya can overpower itachi with hermit mode, because it's too fast and powerful.
    xDDD

    *gets popcorn*
     
         

  19. #59
    Legendary Steinbiz Steinbiz's Avatar
    Status
    Steinbiz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,811
    Location
    Everywhere
    Don't ever let anyone tell you
    what you can't do, but always
    listen to what you can do.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Curtain Messiah View Post
    xDDD

    *gets popcorn*
    that's spam fyi.

    jiraiya has too much knowledge and experience to be caught in MS jutsus.
     
         

  20. #60
    Banned Mighty Curtain Messiah's Avatar
    Status
    Mighty Curtain Messiah is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,115
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: I kept silent. Not anymore. Itachi is greater than Jiraya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steinbiz View Post
    that's spam fyi.

    jiraiya has too much knowledge and experience to be caught in MS jutsus.


    But Itachi is too smart to let him escape from these jutsu



    And it wasnt spam, I just know peraceful is gonna flame you so ;o
     
         
    Last edited by Mighty Curtain Messiah; 07-13-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •