Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 62
  1. #1
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    I'd like to emphasize that this question is purely out of curiosity. It is not meant, in any way, to be inflammatory. This is just something I cannot comprehend on any level, so asking for an explanation from those who do understand is the most logical course of action.

    Those who have belief also have hope. Hope in something greater that happens after death. Hope that they will be spared something aweful during life. Hope that their choices make a difference in the long run.

    Those without any faith, pure atheism, do not have this hope. It's completely out of their range unless they accept some belief. To me, this lack of hope is worse than death. I'd have commited suicide a long time ago actually if I did not have hope. It's the hope that has allowed me to live as long as I have, otherwise I wouldn't be making this thread right now.

    So my question to atheists is: how do you live without hope?

    I'd rather not have this thread shut down too early, so try not to troll. Thanks. ^_^
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member ~Kobak~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Kobak~ is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    your sofa
    Posts
    41,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    I hope for nothing. That's not bad:shrug: You cannot imagine it, and I cannot imagine why believing in god is good (or I can imagine it but that's probably not the real feeling). Anyways read Camus. At least I'd say that my thinking is similar to his.
     
         

  3. #3
    Member akshayhp's Avatar
    Status
    akshayhp is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A distant place far away
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    I guess you sort of exist looking for a release.
     
         

  4. #4
    # KnullaMångaTräd -Carnage-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Carnage- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    On my steel horse, running from the law.
    Posts
    8,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haters gonna hate; Potatoes
    gonna potate.
     



    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    also....did you notice that atheists know more about the bible than catholics, christians, etc.?...it's ironic lol
     
         

  5. #5
    Know Pain origin29's Avatar
    Status
    origin29 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Everywhere you are not.
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    the only redeeming quote to leave obitobi's mouth is this, "Hope is equivalent to giving up... and is the biggest deception of all." any logical thinking person would not try to affect things that are out of their control. when there is something one can do about a situation, but they choose not to, that is hope.
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member Traffy's Avatar
    Status
    Traffy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    1,123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itssupereffective
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiTsukuAmatsukami View Post
    also....did you notice that atheists know more about the bible than catholics, christians, etc.?...it's ironic lol
    That's because a lot of them grew up in an overly religious household which usually is the contributing factor for them to become an Atheists.

    OT: I'm not an atheist, but I'm also not religious. Say there isn't a god or an afterlife, so what? If there isn't then it's not I can dwell on it or anything because I'll be dead and that's it. I live life to accomplish my goals and to make the most of it, I don't need to believe in a religion to have the will to live.
     
         

  7. #7
    Member amthonizzle's Avatar
    Status
    amthonizzle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California U.S.
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    I live the same as you. I may not have hope in an afterlife but i have hope for other things. I still have a great life with loving friends and family. Your life is no better than mine. We just have different beliefs. And wanting to kill yourself for not believing in something is a waste. I believe you only have one life and thats it so if anything that makes me want to live it up even more.
     
         

  8. #8
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It’is undivided, but
    exists in all divided things
    as if it has been divided; it
    is also the sustainer of all
    things, as it is also their
    absorber and also their
    creator. "
     



    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I'd like to emphasize that this question is purely out of curiosity. It is not meant, in any way, to be inflammatory. This is just something I cannot comprehend on any level, so asking for an explanation from those who do understand is the most logical course of action.

    Those who have belief also have hope. Hope in something greater that happens after death. Hope that they will be spared something aweful during life. Hope that their choices make a difference in the long run.

    Those without any faith, pure atheism, do not have this hope. It's completely out of their range unless they accept some belief. To me, this lack of hope is worse than death. I'd have commited suicide a long time ago actually if I did not have hope. It's the hope that has allowed me to live as long as I have, otherwise I wouldn't be making this thread right now.

    So my question to atheists is: how do you live without hope?

    I'd rather not have this thread shut down too early, so try not to troll. Thanks. ^_^

    If you didn't have a hope that there is something after death you would have committed suicide! Really? it doesn't make sense to me.

    Why wouldn't you live the life you had to the best of your abilities and die without having any regret that you didn't give try your best? After life has nothing to do with it.
     
         

  9. #9
    Ciberr's Avatar
    Status
    Ciberr is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mareland !
    Posts
    10,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cibah.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    I live without "Hope" easily . I still hope to live onto the next day. I still hope i make a lot of money. I may not look towards a god for this hope but i still have a lot of it. I rather fix the problem with the best of my ability than hope it'll be the way i find fitting .
     
         

  10. #10
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Thanks, everyone. ^_^ Keep the positive flow going.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
    If you didn't have a hope that there is something after death you would have committed suicide! Really? it doesn't make sense to me.

    Why wouldn't you live the life you had to the best of your abilities and die without having any regret that you didn't give try your best? After life has nothing to do with it.
    Well, I've had a very rough life, if you must know. We're not always dealt the cards we want, and my life is going down the gutter as we speak. However, I've managed to hang on, and recently something appeared that has given me reason to live. I'm persuing my life long dream at last after having been given the opportunity.

    I cannot possibly explain what has happened to me personally, and if I did, I'd get an infraction for it. Let's just say that a rating hasn't been made that would do it justice. If I didn't have hope, then I'd have given up.
     
         

  11. #11
    Member
    Status
    Iruka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by Master*****es View Post
    Atiest r not anused by this questoin cuz they have been asked this a thousan time alraedy. -_-
    You don't speak on behalf of all atheists, give your opinion but don't assume all others share the same view.

    Personally I take comfort in accepting that after death I may be nothing. If for some reason there is an afterlife then I'd be quite happy with that but at the same time I take solace in that after 50-90 years alive I will be gone.

    Admittedly I do have days where I wonder what the point of life is if we're all going to die. Then I also have days when I think that if I'm dying in a few decades I might as well enjoy what I have left. It's a bit of a mix.
     
         

  12. #12
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    It's because I know I'm only living one life that I live it to the fullest. I don't need hope of another life simply because I don't need a second life. It'd be kind of stupid for me to kill myself when I think I only live once. It's stupid to think atheist don't have hope in anything, we hope but don't put our faith in a deity, that's a difference. That's like me assuming Christians don't feel fear because they know they are just going to respawn.
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member AmaniPaz's Avatar
    Status
    AmaniPaz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jigga Boo Jones
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I'd like to emphasize that this question is purely out of curiosity. It is not meant, in any way, to be inflammatory. This is just something I cannot comprehend on any level, so asking for an explanation from those who do understand is the most logical course of action.

    Those who have belief also have hope. Hope in something greater that happens after death. Hope that they will be spared something aweful during life. Hope that their choices make a difference in the long run.

    Those without any faith, pure atheism, do not have this hope. It's completely out of their range unless they accept some belief. To me, this lack of hope is worse than death. I'd have commited suicide a long time ago actually if I did not have hope. It's the hope that has allowed me to live as long as I have, otherwise I wouldn't be making this thread right now.

    So my question to atheists is: how do you live without hope?

    I'd rather not have this thread shut down too early, so try not to troll. Thanks. ^_^
    There's more than one type of hope. Hope is a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. It doesn't necessarily have to do with religion. Atheism is the belief that there are no deities, not the belief in nothing. It's impossible to live without hope as everyone has it. So Atheists don't live without hope, they live with it, they just don't live without hope in a religious sense.
     
         

  14. #14
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    It's because I know I'm only living one life that I live it to the fullest. I don't need hope of another life simply because I don't need a second life. It'd be kind of stupid for me to kill myself when I think I only live once. It's stupid to think atheist don't have hope in anything, we hope but don't put our faith in a deity, that's a difference. That's like me assuming Christians don't feel fear because they know they are just going to respawn.
    Ah, but maybe you have not known the depths of a hellish life like I have. Trust me, one day in my shoes and you'd find a nice, tall building with which to jump from. Like I told Tsuchi, I cannot explain what I've gone through personally. Hope in a greater power is all that keeps me going these days.
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member hokutoshinken's Avatar
    Status
    hokutoshinken is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    I don't know if satanic bible is related to atheism but it's a bit same to what you talk about.

    In satanic bible - The Infernal Diatribe-

    it says

    IV

    1. Life is the great indulgence - death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life - HERE AND NOW!

    2. There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth!

    3. Say unto thine own heart, "I am mine own redeemer."

    4. Stop the way of them that would persecute you. Let those who devise thine undoing be hurled back to confusion and infamy. Let them be as chaff before the cyclone and after they have fallen rejoice in thine own salvation.

    5. Then all thy bones shall say pridefully, "Who is like unto me? Have I not been too strong for mine adversaries? Have I not delivered MYSELF by mine own brain and body?"
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member ~Kobak~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Kobak~ is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    your sofa
    Posts
    41,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Ah, but maybe you have not known the depths of a hellish life like I have. Trust me, one day in my shoes and you'd find a nice, tall building with which to jump from. Like I told Tsuchi, I cannot explain what I've gone through personally. Hope in a greater power is all that keeps me going these days.
    Then keep your belief. The most important thing is to be happy and live on. If you need religion for that, then nothing wrong with it. Everybody strives for something in his/her own way. Good luck with your problems!
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Status
    Wolfang714 is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Wow. The ignorance. Tell me: What is the true meaning of David's Psalms? Atheists do have a fair amount of knowledge to fake they believe for a limited amount of time, but that should be confused with actual knowledge and understanding of the bible.

    P.S. This was not directed toward the creator of this thread but to those who act as if atheists have more knowledge of the bible than it's followers.
     
         

  18. #18
    Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    Prime Rib is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    everyone believes in heaven or hell, rather they are or arent aware of it
     
         

  19. #19
    Banned
    Status
    belikemike43 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chantilly Virginia USA
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Life is what it is. As an athiest you just hope you make your time here worth it.
     
         

  20. #20
    Banned
    Status
    belikemike43 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chantilly Virginia USA
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Rib View Post
    everyone believes in heaven or hell, rather they are or arent aware of it
    Sorry but no.
     
         

  21. #21
    Dragon Sage hatake axel's Avatar
    Status
    hatake axel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    I live to enjoy the things I have, the people I im with.

    Its actually auite the opossite, there is nothing after we die.
    Then why en my life and well stop existing?
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member SatchiZurake's Avatar
    Status
    SatchiZurake is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Because I can accept the fact that one day I just won't exist anymore. As long as I can achieve what i want to achieve in my life time and leave behind my mark on the world that's all I need to die happy.
     
         

  23. #23
    Senior Member SatchiZurake's Avatar
    Status
    SatchiZurake is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Rib View Post
    everyone believes in heaven or hell, rather they are or arent aware of it
    Please do enlighten me, how is this true?
     
         

  24. #24
    Winter Soldier ~Sky~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Sky~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    NERP
     

    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Whenever I look at things such as this, I always like to backtrack.What triggered this? What triggered that? I go back and back and back to try and see what the cause for everything is.

    But I can't find it.

    People believe in all sorts of things. Believing there is no God is equivalent to believing there is one, because neither opinion can be proven either way.

    Something that is true though: We are all here because of something special.

    The fact that there is existence, the fact that there is a universe, means that we're all part of something supernatural.

    The Universe coming into being is a supernatural event in and of itself. It's impossible to explain how we are here. No Science, no religion, and no opinion can solve this problem. Theories disprove themselves when they try to prove this.

    Reasons can be explained, but anyone educated in this matter should know that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, therefore, we shouldn't be here.

    Where did that first particle come from? What started that first spark of energy?



    Everyone believes in something. That's what keeps a person strong. The belief itself, is near insignificant.
     
         

  25. #25
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: An extremely friendly question to athiests. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxic View Post
    Really? I never need 'hope' to keep on living or pushing myself. What motivates me is my own will to achieve my goals.
    I'm not an atheist or religious but even so, I don't contemplate the idea of hope.
    When people say 'without hope, I might as well die' if I could, I would just shoot them myself. Life is much more than a simple; meaningless word such as hope.
    Hope is for the weak, who need something to believe in in order to keep on living. Just like praying wont do you any good, if you want something done then get up and fix the problem yourself, don't dwell on it.
    Well, that's quite a cold and heartless answer. So would you say that to the people who are starving in certain countries because some dictator won't stop stealing their wealth? This seems like a very inexperienced reply...
     
         

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •