Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 172

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member theRPGdude's Avatar
    Status
    theRPGdude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,566
    Location
    Currently living in unknown places
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.
     

    Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Well this topic has been on my mind for quite a while. And I found no cuclusive evidence to the matter. Turns out there's no evidence supporting that we really envolve. We basically who made from a high being. Evolution denotes that life's were made by chance. That's everything just suddenly happen. It's false. If you look around you and see the marvelous thugs in the world it makes me wonder. Were we really created by nothing? Or were we designed? This is not a rant this is a debate on what YOU think. I honestly don't know. And I was wondering if you guys have studied this or believe in God. Cause me I honestly don't believe it. Just seems a bit to far fetched if you ask me. So what you guys think?
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member 3MESSIAH's Avatar
    Status
    3MESSIAH is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,657
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    we were created by plot no jutsu
     
         

  3. #3
    Member NeedAnime's Avatar
    Status
    NeedAnime is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    363
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3MESSIAH View Post
    we were created by plot no jutsu
    And somebody had to make the plot.
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    Monster nagato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    414
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    no we wernt i hate how science try to make you belive anything they say if we came from monkeys why are there monkeys now?


    and i thought you where gone
     
         

  5. #5
    Academy Student
    Status
    ItachisCrow is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    25
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monster nagato View Post
    no we wernt i hate how science try to make you belive anything they say if we came from monkeys why are there monkeys now?
    This comment makes me think scientists were absolutely right.
     
         

  6. #6
    Banned
    Status
    Orochimarus Slave is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    142
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monster nagato View Post
    no we wernt i hate how science try to make you belive anything they say if we came from monkeys why are there monkeys now?


    and i thought you where gone
    This is what ignorant uneducated people say about evolution.. We didn't evolve from monkeys. Monkeys and us humans, share the same ancestors. We evolved from ancient prime apes and the prime ape family branched off into many types, humans and monkeys are two different things, we just share the same ancestors.
     
         

  7. #7
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    80
    Location
    perceived reality
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochimarus Slave View Post
    This is what ignorant uneducated people say about evolution.. We didn't evolve from monkeys. Monkeys and us humans, share the same ancestors. We evolved from ancient prime apes and the prime ape family branched off into many types, humans and monkeys are two different things, we just share the same ancestors.
    let me get your argument: we didn't evolve from monkeys, but we share the same ancestor family, and we branched off, right?
    well, you're then saying we didn't evolve from monkeys, but from their ancestors who became monkeys. that's no better than saying we are monkeys ourselves, if we come from the exact same place anyway.
    it's harder to deny god than science if you ask me
     
         

  8. #8
    Member 8thHokage's Avatar
    Status
    8thHokage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    579
    Location
    ATL
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnglePrey View Post
    let me get your argument: we didn't evolve from monkeys, but we share the same ancestor family, and we branched off, right?
    well, you're then saying we didn't evolve from monkeys, but from their ancestors who became monkeys. that's no better than saying we are monkeys ourselves, if we come from the exact same place anyway.
    it's harder to deny god than science if you ask me
    the ancestors also became us.. you cant deny science, its fact, with actual experiments and physical evidence.. people like you make no sense.. you can believe wat you want too, but dont be spreading it around.. this is why the united states is almost last in science and mathematics test scores among first world countries..
     
         

  9. #9
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    80
    Location
    perceived reality
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by 8thHokage View Post
    the ancestors also became us.. you cant deny science, its fact, with actual experiments and physical evidence.. people like you make no sense.. you can believe wat you want too, but dont be spreading it around.. this is why the united states is almost last in science and mathematics test scores among first world countries..
    did you do the experiments yourself? or did a book tell you so. see, there's this thing, it's called lies. and if you aren't careful and don't think, you'll believe one.
    that being said, it's only right for you to be skeptical of a god, since a book tells me he exists. but i don't go solely based on that book alone. i use it to think for myself and yes, at times i do test its ideas and philosophy myself. you should have done the same with your 5th grade history book.
     
         

  10. #10
    Banned
    Status
    Orochimarus Slave is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    142
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnglePrey View Post
    let me get your argument: we didn't evolve from monkeys, but we share the same ancestor family, and we branched off, right?
    well, you're then saying we didn't evolve from monkeys, but from their ancestors who became monkeys. that's no better than saying we are monkeys ourselves, if we come from the exact same place anyway.
    it's harder to deny god than science if you ask me
    are you extremely stupid? or are you extremely ignorant? we SHARE the same ancestory as monkeys but we AREN'T monkeys... let use an example that stupid people can understand. the rabbit is in the Rodent family, it shares the same ancestors as rats but are rabbits rats? no unless you live in your own world of stupidity. and its not that easy to deny science if you ask me
     
         

  11. #11
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    80
    Location
    perceived reality
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochimarus Slave View Post
    are you extremely stupid? or are you extremely ignorant? we SHARE the same ancestory as monkeys but we AREN'T monkeys... let use an example that stupid people can understand. the rabbit is in the Rodent family, it shares the same ancestors as rats but are rabbits rats? no unless you live in your own world of stupidity. and its not that easy to deny science if you ask me
    you made me chuckle with this one. you're getting somewhere indeed.

    of course it's easy to deny science, silly. all i have to do is demand proof of everything, and whatever i don't see, i don't believe. sounds ignorant right? well, that seems to be the base of scientific logic. scientific theories aren't stupid, but we as humans aren't gods, so in a way it is in fact ignorant. there's a distinct difference between humans and animals. so to say we are just a branch of animals doesn't explain why we have a conscious and a nature of pursuing knowledge. we should be just another new animal, like rabbits, per say.

    and "who wrote the bible" is synonymous with "why are there still monkeys"
    plus, i never said i was a christian. goes to show you're quick to assume and grab onto what you've been shown.
     
         

  12. #12
    Heathen. ImmaculateShadow's Avatar
    Status
    ImmaculateShadow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    436
    Location
    Fólkvangr
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnglePrey View Post
    let me get your argument: we didn't evolve from monkeys, but we share the same ancestor family, and we branched off, right?
    well, you're then saying we didn't evolve from monkeys, but from their ancestors who became monkeys. that's no better than saying we are monkeys ourselves, if we come from the exact same place anyway.
    No, I'm sorry but you don't understand. Stating that we share a common ancestor from 4 to 8 Million years ago with Primates is nothing like saying that Human beings are monkeys.

    In other words you and your cousin, if you happen to have one, share a common ancestor - this common ancestor is ether your Grandparents or your Great-Grandparents. Does this mean you and your cousin are the same people? No, you could differ in a multiplicity of ways — privilege, looks, charisma, hair color, eye color, skin pigment, genetic anomalies, personality, environmental pressures, dietary restrictions, IQ, esthetic tastes & vocation. All of those things that make you two different happened in the span of two to three generations.

    Now imagine what could happen to the offspring of two such cousins after 6 million years, where in the genetic mutation and drift, dietary constrictions & differing migratory patters carry them in to two distinctly differing species. It's really not that hard to understand — long periods of time where genetic material is passed on followed by punctuated equilibrium.

    Do you understand?


    it's harder to deny god than science if you ask me
    That's fine, though it doesn't have any barring on the subject at hand.
     
         

  13. #13
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    80
    Location
    perceived reality
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaculateShadow View Post
    No, I'm sorry but you don't understand. Stating that we share a common ancestor from 4 to 8 Million years ago with Primates is nothing like saying that Human beings are monkeys.

    In other words you and your cousin, if you happen to have one, share a common ancestor - this common ancestor is ether your Grandparents or your Great-Grandparents. Does this mean you and your cousin are the same people? No, you could differ in a multiplicity of ways — privilege, looks, charisma, hair color, eye color, skin pigment, genetic anomalies, personality, environmental pressures, dietary restrictions, IQ, esthetic tastes & vocation. All of those things that make you two different happened in the span of two to three generations.

    Now imagine what could happen to the offspring of two such cousins after 6 million years, where in the genetic mutation and drift, dietary constrictions & differing migratory patters carry them in to two distinctly differing species. It's really not that hard to understand — long periods of time where genetic material is passed on followed by punctuated equilibrium.

    Do you understand?



    That's fine, though it doesn't have any barring on the subject at hand.

    my mistake if i didn't let you understand that i understood. by saying evolution calls us monkeys, i didn't mean monkeys specifically. i meant animals in general. to say we're just another branch of an animal is to say we have no right to consciousness because we should be like all the other branches that came from similar ancestors. we're different from animals for no apparent reason. that in itself is enough to realize we're privileged with something we shouldn't have, which often sparks in the belief of some sort of creator. but for sceince's sake, i'll say it's not enough. even if we have similar dna or whatever with apes, personally i'm not buying it, but my personal stance isn't what i want you to get out of what i say.

    if you read my first post you'd make an easier connection when i said it's easier to deny science than god. the belief in god has everything to do with everything, even if you don't realize it. religion ruled society until the enlightenment era, then came philosophy, scientology, and now new age philosophy. it has controlled history, caused wars, etc. but that's not why it's important. it's important because we as humans have a hunger for knowledge. that hunger is also described as the desire to be gods ourselves. science is merely what we use to chase knowledge. so when we develop scientific explanations to replace our beliefs (as john locke & others did), we're really trying to get that god-like dominion we feel we should have. the same dominion the bible says we already had from the beginning. i hope this makes sense.
     
         
    Last edited by AnglePrey; 10-04-2012 at 06:21 AM.

  14. #14
    Winter Soldier ~Sky~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Sky~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,835
    NERP
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    It's all fluff one way or the other.

    Only thing I care about is that I'm here right now, and I'm human.
     
         

  15. #15
    Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Hipster Madara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,128
    Location
    Not some lame ass kanji location
    based-madara.tumblr.com
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    OMG, only ignorants who do not understand the basics of evolution think we evolved from monkeys...

    Anyways, idk if it was this "God" that made life, but I highly doubt he made us "in his image" but that we just evolved into what we are now through natural selection.

    In b4 religious flame war or closed thread
     
         

  16. #16
    mada mada dane narutorikudoumode's Avatar
    Status
    narutorikudoumode is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,928
    Location
    Mada Mada Dane
    Doubt them. Question them,
    suspect them…and take a
    good, long look into their
    hearts. Humans are the kind of
    beings who can’t put their
    pain into words after all.
    Akiyama Shinichi, Liar Game
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    OMG, only ignorants who do not understand the basics of evolution think we evolved from monkeys...

    Anyways, idk if it was this "God" that made life, but I highly doubt he made us "in his image" but that we just evolved into what we are now through natural selection.

    In b4 religious flame war or closed thread
    god created us in his image
    The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt. They have done abominable works. There is none who does good.
    i remember when america at least respected God now teachers can't pray in school with students if all of america turns its back on God he will judge america just like sodom and Gommorah open your eyes people what used to be considered good is now evil turn away from false doctrines like evolution if you don't believe just wait till you die i rather believe their is a God and go to heaven then believe there is no God and go to hell Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7,133
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    C.S. Lewis quotes, roughly, "evolutionists believe thoughts are chemicals. If that's true, how can we trust our own thoughts if they're made by chance. Evolution is a thought, so how can we trust that thought?" Roughly, that makes evolution collapse on itself. I believe in adapting or 'evolving' in that sense. Humans that live closer to the equator are going to be darker-skinned because they adapted, or evolved. Also, if we evolved from monkeys, why aren't they still evolving? Why are we not evolving? Charles Darwin on his deathbed even said he realizes evolution can't be true.

    Also, if the earth was millions of years old, the oceans would be salt. The moon would be out of our gravitational orbit. There are many more natural things that disprove evolution, but I've written enough.
     
         

  18. #18
    Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Hipster Madara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,128
    Location
    Not some lame ass kanji location
    based-madara.tumblr.com
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    C.S. Lewis quotes, roughly, "evolutionists believe thoughts are chemicals. If that's true, how can we trust our own thoughts if they're made by chance. Evolution is a thought, so how can we trust that thought?" Roughly, that makes evolution collapse on itself. I believe in adapting or 'evolving' in that sense. Humans that live closer to the equator are going to be darker-skinned because they adapted, or evolved. Also, if we evolved from monkeys, why aren't they still evolving? Why are we not evolving? Charles Darwin on his deathbed even said he realizes evolution can't be true.

    Also, if the earth was millions of years old, the oceans would be salt. The moon would be out of our gravitational orbit. There are many more natural things that disprove evolution, but I've written enough.
    *flips over table*
    We are evolving a little bit but it takes thousand of years and our technology is interfering with the average lifespans/survival rate for different things ---> evolution
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7,133
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    *flips over table*
    We are evolving a little bit but it takes thousand of years and our technology is interfering with the average lifespans/survival rate for different things ---> evolution
    True. What about the rest of it though? And another thing, like he said. Creation also disproves evolution. There are videos of an evolutionist turned creationist that talks about animal's anatomy and how they couldn't have evolved. Ex: some woodpecker, the bombardier beetle, etc.
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member AP2k's Avatar
    Status
    AP2k is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,091
    Location
    NY
    This place still exists?
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    C.S. Lewis quotes, roughly, "evolutionists believe thoughts are chemicals. If that's true, how can we trust our own thoughts if they're made by chance. Evolution is a thought, so how can we trust that thought?" Roughly, that makes evolution collapse on itself. I believe in adapting or 'evolving' in that sense. Humans that live closer to the equator are going to be darker-skinned because they adapted, or evolved. Also, if we evolved from monkeys, why aren't they still evolving? Why are we not evolving? Charles Darwin on his deathbed even said he realizes evolution can't be true.

    Also, if the earth was millions of years old, the oceans would be salt. The moon would be out of our gravitational orbit. There are many more natural things that disprove evolution, but I've written enough.
    Wow, what an absolute retard. How can you possibly live your life with such blatant disregard to basic knowledge?
    For starters, earths gravitational field affects planets like mars, if you wanna preach the young earth theory, at leat realize that your argument is invalid, especially since the moon only moves at less then a centimeter a year.

    The oceans aren't salt because of the water cycle, ya know, that diagram you had in fourth grade? There was a river and it wad the sunny, the water evaporated up and the clouds filled up and it rains? Yeah, that one.

    3) charles darwin never said that.
    4)monkeys are still evolving
    5)people closer to the equator are darker skinned because of evolution and adaptation, but there is a theory that humans first evolved in both africa and asia, hence why asians and others have slightly different features.
    5)that's by far the worst thought ever. Evolutionists didn't invent chemicals nor the perception of them.
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 10-03-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Do not start flame wars.

  21. #21
    yip man student kmrasengan's Avatar
    Status
    kmrasengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,699
    Location
    portugal
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AP2k View Post
    Wow, what an absolute retard. How can you possibly live your life with such blatant disregard to basic knowledge?
    For starters, earths gravitational field affects planets like mars, if you wanna preach the young earth theory, at leat realize that your argument is invalid, especially since the moon only moves at less then a centimeter a year.

    The oceans aren't salt because of the water cycle, ya know, that diagram you had in fourth grade? There was a river and it wad the sunny, the water evaporated up and the clouds filled up and it rains? Yeah, that one.

    3) charles darwin never said that.
    4)monkeys are still evolving
    5)people closer to the equator are darker skinned because of evolution and adaptation, but there is a theory that humans first evolved in both africa and asia, hence why asians and others have slightly different features.
    5)that's by far the worst thought ever. Evolutionists didn't invent chemicals nor the perception of them. Just slit your wrists in the bath tub.
    you took the words from my mouth about the common ancestor and the cycle of water.
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7,133
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    This user has no status.
     

    Quote Originally Posted by AP2k View Post
    Wow, what an absolute retard. How can you possibly live your life with such blatant disregard to basic knowledge?
    For starters, earths gravitational field affects planets like mars, if you wanna preach the young earth theory, at leat realize that your argument is invalid, especially since the moon only moves at less then a centimeter a year.

    The oceans aren't salt because of the water cycle, ya know, that diagram you had in fourth grade? There was a river and it wad the sunny, the water evaporated up and the clouds filled up and it rains? Yeah, that one.

    3) charles darwin never said that.
    4)monkeys are still evolving
    5)people closer to the equator are darker skinned because of evolution and adaptation, but there is a theory that humans first evolved in both africa and asia, hence why asians and others have slightly different features.
    5)that's by far the worst thought ever. Evolutionists didn't invent chemicals nor the perception of them. Just slit your wrists in the bath tub.
    1. The moon moves at a very slow rate away from the earth. After millions of years, you could come to the assumption it would mess up the gravitational orbit. One could also argue that the universe would adapt to this, which is a fair argument.

    2. The oceans are getting saltier every year. After millions of years, the ocean would become pretty much salt, proving the earth is not millions of years old.

    3. That's not what I've heard.

    4. Proof? Please and thank you.

    5. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that people and things adapt. In that sense, evolution is fine. Africans have dark skin because of a chemical called melanin. (I'm guessing you know that already). Darker-skinned people create eumelanin, and lighter-skinned people create pheomelanin. When adapting, I'm guessing lighter people stared the switch from pheomelanin to eumelanin. Adaptation. Concerning Asians, my father told me they have squjnty eyes because at the time, they had to squint due to the deserts and such. They naturally adapted to their habitat. I'm not against natural adaptation.

    6*. Some evolutionists believe in the whole, 'Love is a random chemical colliding with another chemical, blah, blah, blah.' That's why I derived my point from.

    7. Whatever you believe, or don't believe is your choice entirely. Because of that, you should not try to belittle Christians or anything that is against what you believe. Telling me to slit my wrists in a bathtub, really? That is just immature. Everyone has their own beliefs, deal with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    You serious? Evolution has more foundation than a fricking Victorian mansion. Scientists have built up support for this for so long it might as well be considered in the same department as gravity is what holds us to the earth, and that the chemical formula of Oxygen is O2. There is simply no arguing against it.
    It is 100% evidence + faith. A creationist can say the exact same thing about there being a diving Creator. In the end, it's what we believe by faith, seeing as you can't physically prove evolution, and I can't physically prove creation. I don't understand why people have to try and belittle others because of differing religious or philosophical views.
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 10-03-2012 at 11:09 AM.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,635
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    1. The moon moves at a very slow rate away from the earth. After millions of years, you could come to the assumption it would mess up the gravitational orbit. One could also argue that the universe would adapt to this, which is a fair argument.

    2. The oceans are getting saltier every year. After millions of years, the ocean would become pretty much salt, proving the earth is not millions of years old.

    3. That's not what I've heard.

    4. Proof? Please and thank you.

    5. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that people and things adapt. In that sense, evolution is fine. Africans have dark skin because of a chemical called melanin. (I'm guessing you know that already). Darker-skinned people create eumelanin, and lighter-skinned people create pheomelanin. When adapting, I'm guessing lighter people stared the switch from pheomelanin to eumelanin. Adaptation. Concerning Asians, my father told me they have squjnty eyes because at the time, they had to squint due to the deserts and such. They naturally adapted to their habitat. I'm not against natural adaptation.

    6*. Some evolutionists believe in the whole, 'Love is a random chemical colliding with another chemical, blah, blah, blah.' That's why I derived my point from.

    7. Whatever you believe, or don't believe is your choice entirely. Because of that, you don't know to try to belittle Christians or anything that is against what you believe. Telling me to slit my wrists in a bathtub, really? That is just immature. Everyone has their own beliefs, deal with it.
    If I may; the adaptation you're addressing is known as descent with modification, which supports the theory of natural selection that was a main staple of Darwin's theory. Adaptations such as that are a response to environmental stimuli, which made those traits best suited to the conditions around them.

    And whether or not you're Christian makes almost no difference whatsoever. If God did indeed create life, why is it so important that he specifically made man as man? Why not make man through a prolonged, practiced experiment in which he acquires the best traits for his individual sector by living through the conditions that surround them...say, through evolution.
     
         

  24. #24
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7,133
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    If I may; the adaptation you're addressing is known as descent with modification, which supports the theory of natural selection that was a main staple of Darwin's theory. Adaptations such as that are a response to environmental stimuli, which made those traits best suited to the conditions around them.

    And whether or not you're Christian makes almost no difference whatsoever. If God did indeed create life, why is it so important that he specifically made man as man? Why not make man through a prolonged, practiced experiment in which he acquires the best traits for his individual sector by living through the conditions that surround them...say, through evolution.
    Mark Twain said, "God made man because he was disappointed in the monkey." We weren't the experiment, we were the finished product. Creation and animals were made before Adam and Eve. That is just a humorous quote turning your question around, yet still answers your question.
     
         

  25. #25
    Member Makoto's Avatar
    Status
    Makoto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    617
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    If I may; the adaptation you're addressing is known as descent with modification, which supports the theory of natural selection that was a main staple of Darwin's theory. Adaptations such as that are a response to environmental stimuli, which made those traits best suited to the conditions around them.

    And whether or not you're Christian makes almost no difference whatsoever. If God did indeed create life, why is it so important that he specifically made man as man? Why not make man through a prolonged, practiced experiment in which he acquires the best traits for his individual sector by living through the conditions that surround them...say, through evolution.
    A very interesting question and good points are raised. It's people like this we need more, whether an individual is christian, muslim, jewish, atheist, or anything else for that matter.

    Anyway, getting to the point, I wouldn't be able to say why God created Adam as a man and not through millions of years through evolution. I don't know why God in the bible created life as we know it without the use of evolution. Maybe because death didn't exist before Adam and Eve's sin and fall from perfection. Logically, it raises the point by, most commonly, atheists who say why the descendants of Adam and Eve also require forgiveness and are just as guilty as Adam and Eve. It's a good and fair question to ask. Now, I don't claim to know everything, but here's what I do think. Since Adam and Eve sinned, their perfect bodies "fell" from perfection and became imperfect. As we know from the study of genetics, Adam and Eve's children inhereited that "imperfection" and that, if correct, explains why everyone needs forgiveness for that original sin. It's not something we did, but rather what we inherited because of Adam and Eve's imperfection and fall because we all have Adam and Eve's DNA, albeit just rearranged into a different order.
     
         

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •