Page 6 of 7 « First ... 234567 Last»
Results 126 to 150 of 172
  1. #126
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    perceived reality
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by 8thHokage View Post
    the ancestors also became us.. you cant deny science, its fact, with actual experiments and physical evidence.. people like you make no sense.. you can believe wat you want too, but dont be spreading it around.. this is why the united states is almost last in science and mathematics test scores among first world countries..
    did you do the experiments yourself? or did a book tell you so. see, there's this thing, it's called lies. and if you aren't careful and don't think, you'll believe one.
    that being said, it's only right for you to be skeptical of a god, since a book tells me he exists. but i don't go solely based on that book alone. i use it to think for myself and yes, at times i do test its ideas and philosophy myself. you should have done the same with your 5th grade history book.
     
         

  2. #127
    Nephilm ShinraRengan's Avatar
    Status
    ShinraRengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Dark Twisted Fantasy
    Posts
    467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taming Hatred
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    I'm Christian and all but I don't believe this theory, I believe that if we did "Evolve" I think we humans, monkeys, apes, and etc. evolved from a common ancestor instead.
     
         

  3. #128
    Banned
    Status
    Orochimarus Slave is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnglePrey View Post
    let me get your argument: we didn't evolve from monkeys, but we share the same ancestor family, and we branched off, right?
    well, you're then saying we didn't evolve from monkeys, but from their ancestors who became monkeys. that's no better than saying we are monkeys ourselves, if we come from the exact same place anyway.
    it's harder to deny god than science if you ask me
    are you extremely stupid? or are you extremely ignorant? we SHARE the same ancestory as monkeys but we AREN'T monkeys... let use an example that stupid people can understand. the rabbit is in the Rodent family, it shares the same ancestors as rats but are rabbits rats? no unless you live in your own world of stupidity. and its not that easy to deny science if you ask me
     
         

  4. #129
    Banned
    Status
    Orochimarus Slave is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnglePrey View Post
    did you do the experiments yourself? or did a book tell you so. see, there's this thing, it's called lies. and if you aren't careful and don't think, you'll believe one.
    that being said, it's only right for you to be skeptical of a god, since a book tells me he exists. but i don't go solely based on that book alone. i use it to think for myself and yes, at times i do test its ideas and philosophy myself. you should have done the same with your 5th grade history book.
    if you wanna go there, who wrote the bible? it surely wasn't god himself...MAN wrote the bible so what if everything in the bible were all lies? and if you don't go solely based on the bible then you aren't a good christian.
     
         

  5. #130
    mada mada dane narutorikudoumode's Avatar
    Status
    narutorikudoumode is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mada Mada Dane
    Posts
    3,928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doubt them. Question them,
    suspect them…and take a
    good, long look into their
    hearts. Humans are the kind of
    beings who can’t put their
    pain into words after all.
    Akiyama Shinichi, Liar Game
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochimarus Slave View Post
    if you wanna go there, who wrote the bible? it surely wasn't god himself...MAN wrote the bible so what if everything in the bible were all lies? and if you don't go solely based on the bible then you aren't a good christian.
    it says in the bible that man who wrote the bible the words were given by God and as they wrote it God told them what to write and you say the bible is wrong but all the prophecies are actually coming true just read revelation For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
     
         

  6. #131
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by flcl724 View Post
    the things people come up with.

    highly doubt that Bs.

    Either god or aliens created us.
    Of course! Let's bring the alien guy in here! This thread hadn't become stupid enough as it is. Let's add Scientology to Creationism. Why the hell not!
     
         

  7. #132
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    perceived reality
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochimarus Slave View Post
    are you extremely stupid? or are you extremely ignorant? we SHARE the same ancestory as monkeys but we AREN'T monkeys... let use an example that stupid people can understand. the rabbit is in the Rodent family, it shares the same ancestors as rats but are rabbits rats? no unless you live in your own world of stupidity. and its not that easy to deny science if you ask me
    you made me chuckle with this one. you're getting somewhere indeed.

    of course it's easy to deny science, silly. all i have to do is demand proof of everything, and whatever i don't see, i don't believe. sounds ignorant right? well, that seems to be the base of scientific logic. scientific theories aren't stupid, but we as humans aren't gods, so in a way it is in fact ignorant. there's a distinct difference between humans and animals. so to say we are just a branch of animals doesn't explain why we have a conscious and a nature of pursuing knowledge. we should be just another new animal, like rabbits, per say.

    and "who wrote the bible" is synonymous with "why are there still monkeys"
    plus, i never said i was a christian. goes to show you're quick to assume and grab onto what you've been shown.
     
         

  8. #133
    Senior Member Sir Hoshigaki's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Hoshigaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In and Out of Love
    Posts
    6,070
    Post Thanks / Like
    #KisameIsMyHomeboy
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    These things are unexplainable lets just sit back and relax. Ok just chill guys
     
         

  9. #134
    Philosopher of Myth Vinnie's Avatar
    Status
    Vinnie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where Legend Fades to Myth
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deep
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    No, as far as we currently known evidence has led us to assume we and other primates including monkeys are ancestor from the same species... We are not the same species... We did not evolve from monkeys... We both diverged along an evolutionary path long ago from the same family... We are far far distant cousins.

    we split from monkeys roughly 20,000,000 years ago
    from Chimpanzees as early as 8,000,000 and as late as 5,000,000
     
         

  10. #135
    Senior Member
    Status
    drknght is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    From a monkey to a socialist and from that **** to a normal human being.
     
         

  11. #136
    Member Son of God's Avatar
    Status
    Son of God is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like
    On my way back soon.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnglePrey View Post
    you made me chuckle with this one. you're getting somewhere indeed.

    of course it's easy to deny science, silly. all i have to do is demand proof of everything, and whatever i don't see, i don't believe. sounds ignorant right? well, that seems to be the base of scientific logic. scientific theories aren't stupid, but we as humans aren't gods, so in a way it is in fact ignorant. there's a distinct difference between humans and animals. so to say we are just a branch of animals doesn't explain why we have a conscious and a nature of pursuing knowledge. we should be just another new animal, like rabbits, per say.

    and "who wrote the bible" is synonymous with "why are there still monkeys"
    plus, i never said i was a christian. goes to show you're quick to assume and grab onto what you've been shown.
    Wait - what is your stance here?..
     
         

  12. #137
    Member XxTwin BladexX's Avatar
    Status
    XxTwin BladexX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A place that has no reality, nor life.
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    From where I stand now, I don't know what to believe.. Is this place we call Earth and the things we see actually what we are seeing? I sometimes I wonder if this is even reality. I was in a spot once where I couldn't tell reality from the real world and let me tell you it's ****ing scary.. And by what we are created and where we came from does not matter to me anymore.. I'm living now and being "Human" besides, humans are capable of things that are mind blowing. Like a friend of mine told me a story about a man that was walking along the highway back from work and the weather that day had been the weather you would see when a Tornado might drop down somewhere. Well in that moment as he was walking home, a Tornado dropped drown RIGHT on top of him. So he started running and got up to speeds faster than a race horse... This is what we would call, "Adreneline Rush". Were we made do to that just by coincidence, I don't think so.. So perhaps something is out there.. The story I told by my friend, he got the story from the person himself. True story.
     
         

  13. #138
    Senior Member Invincible's Avatar
    Status
    Invincible is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    2,007
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Genetic manipulation
     
         

  14. #139
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    perceived reality
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of God View Post
    Wait - what is your stance here?..
    by disguising my stance, i'm making a point. i'm saying you should be a free thinker rather than base everything on one stance. even if you believe in Jesus, it wouldn't hurt to think about what other beliefs consist of, just to gain perspective. i even do research on satanism sometimes. your enemy knows you, why not know him?

    edit: i'm not saying conform your views as a christian, because the christian religion is the religion of all religion that tells you there is no middle ground. conforming beliefs plays into what the antichrist's plans are, according to the christian belief. so don't get rid of your basis of belief, but don't be ignorant either.
     
         
    Last edited by AnglePrey; 10-04-2012 at 03:49 AM.

  15. #140
    Know Pain origin29's Avatar
    Status
    origin29 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Everywhere you are not.
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AP2k View Post
    We have a common ancestor we didn't evolve from them. Didn't you just say you were going to college? Have fun.
    are reading the first few responses, i believe this one mirrors my sentiments, brief, to the point and correct. i feel not that it is unoriginal to quote but irresponsible to say the exact same thing as someone else without quoting them, it pollutes and overinflates the world with similar opinions that have previously been expressed.
     
         

  16. #141
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    perceived reality
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by XxTwin BladexX View Post
    From where I stand now, I don't know what to believe.. Is this place we call Earth and the things we see actually what we are seeing? I sometimes I wonder if this is even reality. I was in a spot once where I couldn't tell reality from the real world and let me tell you it's ****ing scary.. And by what we are created and where we came from does not matter to me anymore.. I'm living now and being "Human" besides, humans are capable of things that are mind blowing. Like a friend of mine told me a story about a man that was walking along the highway back from work and the weather that day had been the weather you would see when a Tornado might drop down somewhere. Well in that moment as he was walking home, a Tornado dropped drown RIGHT on top of him. So he started running and got up to speeds faster than a race horse... This is what we would call, "Adreneline Rush". Were we made do to that just by coincidence, I don't think so.. So perhaps something is out there.. The story I told by my friend, he got the story from the person himself. True story.
    this.

    i've been at the same place, not knowing if this reality was really real. and let me tell you, it's real but has been manipulated. the collective conscious of humanity decides reality in this world, thus putting what we believe at the pedestal for where we're going. we'll never know the answers until we die, so i asked god, who has all the answers. maybe he'll show something if no one else will
     
         

  17. #142
    You-Know-Who Mante's Avatar
    Status
    Mante is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    not here >_>
    Posts
    6,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the status of this
    guy.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    If we evolved from monkeys why do monkeys exist now, I mean they should be humans too. No, we are not evolved from monkeys. Plus, why don't we see human 'like' creatures that evovled from other animal spices. For example, why didn't tigers evolved to be something like humans? Because, of course it all happened 'by chance"....?? :sy:
     
         

  18. #143
    Member leggomynecro's Avatar
    Status
    leggomynecro is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    To OP

    What is there to evolve from when you're made by God?
     
         

  19. #144
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    15,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mante View Post
    If we evolved from monkeys why do monkeys exist now, I mean they should be humans too. No, we are not evolved from monkeys. Plus, why don't we see human 'like' creatures that evovled from other animal spices. For example, why didn't tigers evolved to be something like humans? Because, of course it all happened 'by chance"....?? :sy:
    There were other Hominid species that co-existed with Homo Sapiens. One of these were Neanderthals. We, however, out-competed them and they went extinct (with some inter-breeding as well). Animals in nature fit into niches, they have specific roles within their habitats in regards to the foods they eat, the areas they occupy, the time they're active, etc. The reason why monkeys exist, and why other animals haven't evolved long similar lines as humans, is because they all fit into different niches, and their evolutionary path was determined by the selective pressures put on them within that niche. So its not entirely "random" in the sense that the mutations selected for, are selected for because of selective pressures (i.e. weather, food, mating, etc.).

    The tiger didn't evolve human like traits because if it did, it would no longer be able to catch its prey, and it would starve to death. Its built for its life style, and its life style is determined by its environment.

    Evolution isn't directional. It isn't moving towards becoming more "advanced". It simply shapes animals to be best fit for their environment. Adaptations don't make animals better, it simply gives them a better chance to survive and reproduce.

    Again, as seen throughout this thread, it seems part of the disbelief in evolution is simply from an ignorance of what evolution is.
     
         

  20. #145
    Member kral's Avatar
    Status
    kral is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    545
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    I just want to point out by far the funniest post in this thread. "Noah's arc biggest lie in the bible"
    Cracked me up. You say its impossible but I say on this stance. If god did indeed create everything in 7 days I would hope that he could get Noah the wood, tools, and get the animals to him! Just saying LOL.
     
         

  21. #146
    The Professor Itachi Namikaze's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Namikaze is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    C.S. Lewis quotes, roughly, "evolutionists believe thoughts are chemicals. If that's true, how can we trust our own thoughts if they're made by chance. Evolution is a thought, so how can we trust that thought?" Roughly, that makes evolution collapse on itself. I believe in adapting or 'evolving' in that sense. Humans that live closer to the equator are going to be darker-skinned because they adapted, or evolved. Also, if we evolved from monkeys, why aren't they still evolving? Why are we not evolving? Charles Darwin on his deathbed even said he realizes evolution can't be true.

    Also, if the earth was millions of years old, the oceans would be salt. The moon would be out of our gravitational orbit. There are many more natural things that disprove evolution, but I've written enough.
    Oh my. You can't be serious... I'm honestly just flabbergasted. Almost nothing you have said makes any sense, or is even true. Then in your own post you say you think things adapt. World's biggest idiot or world's biggest hypocrite?

     
         

  22. #147
    Member
    Status
    Iruka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mante View Post
    If we evolved from monkeys why do monkeys exist now, I mean they should be humans too. No, we are not evolved from monkeys. Plus, why don't we see human 'like' creatures that evovled from other animal spices. For example, why didn't tigers evolved to be something like humans? Because, of course it all happened 'by chance"....?? :sy:
    The "by chance" part you talk about is the mutation component of evolution. We may have a certain individual who possesses a mutation which others do not. Then when conditions change there is the possibility that the individual with the mutation will survive and those without it will die. Thus the person with the mutation can reproduce and the offspring are likely to have the mutation required for survival.

    Tigers aren't about to evolve into humans because they're put under completely different environmental circumstances. Why would a predator which is capable of hunting it's meals and feeds primarily on meat suddenly need to possess thumbs to gather vegetation or manipulate it's surroundings?
     
         

  23. #148
    Heathen. ImmaculateShadow's Avatar
    Status
    ImmaculateShadow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fólkvangr
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnglePrey View Post
    let me get your argument: we didn't evolve from monkeys, but we share the same ancestor family, and we branched off, right?
    well, you're then saying we didn't evolve from monkeys, but from their ancestors who became monkeys. that's no better than saying we are monkeys ourselves, if we come from the exact same place anyway.
    No, I'm sorry but you don't understand. Stating that we share a common ancestor from 4 to 8 Million years ago with Primates is nothing like saying that Human beings are monkeys.

    In other words you and your cousin, if you happen to have one, share a common ancestor - this common ancestor is ether your Grandparents or your Great-Grandparents. Does this mean you and your cousin are the same people? No, you could differ in a multiplicity of ways — privilege, looks, charisma, hair color, eye color, skin pigment, genetic anomalies, personality, environmental pressures, dietary restrictions, IQ, esthetic tastes & vocation. All of those things that make you two different happened in the span of two to three generations.

    Now imagine what could happen to the offspring of two such cousins after 6 million years, where in the genetic mutation and drift, dietary constrictions & differing migratory patters carry them in to two distinctly differing species. It's really not that hard to understand — long periods of time where genetic material is passed on followed by punctuated equilibrium.

    Do you understand?


    it's harder to deny god than science if you ask me
    That's fine, though it doesn't have any barring on the subject at hand.
     
         

  24. #149
    Senior Member SatchiZurake's Avatar
    Status
    SatchiZurake is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Not only is there plenty of evidence to support Evolution, we use the very basics behind evolution today to our advantage.
    How? Selective breeding.

    Evolution occurs because of natural selection. For every generation of a species, it's the animals with the genetics best equipped for surviving the conditions they are in that will pass on their genetics and because of that, after many many many generations of breeding, we eventually get a new species of animals entirely. And sometimes due to different environments this results in branched out evolution. Natural selection selects the genetics that make the species most likely to survive and after generations upon generations this can eventually result in something so incredibly different as humans coming from an ancestor that also produced monekys.

    We use selective breeding today in several ways. The only difference is we select the genes we want for different reasons than just which will survive the best. Horse breeding, dog breeding, any other type of animal breeding, you name it. Look at dogs. We have such a wide variety of breeds, all so massively different, but they all came from the same ancestor--the wolf. And this is only after a couple thousand years. Imagine after millions of years how different they could be. You'll accept that chihuahuas and huskies are from the same ancestor, but you won't accept that humans and monkey's are from the same ancestor?
     
         
    Last edited by SatchiZurake; 10-04-2012 at 04:33 AM.

  25. #150
    Rockstar From Mars. mcchikeneater's Avatar
    Status
    mcchikeneater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Well actually there is tons of evidence that evolution happens, and many lesser forms of man have been discovered. ..***... You call evolution far fetched, yet you think that we were just blinked into existence suddenly? What about the billions of years the earth was here before us? What about the countless numbers of species that existed before us? There is plenty of evidence of evolution, but then there are people like you, that never really evolved past monkey, at least as far as intelligence goes.
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 10-04-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Page 6 of 7 « First ... 234567 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •