Page 7 of 7 « First ... 34567
Results 151 to 172 of 172
  1. #151
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    perceived reality
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaculateShadow View Post
    No, I'm sorry but you don't understand. Stating that we share a common ancestor from 4 to 8 Million years ago with Primates is nothing like saying that Human beings are monkeys.

    In other words you and your cousin, if you happen to have one, share a common ancestor - this common ancestor is ether your Grandparents or your Great-Grandparents. Does this mean you and your cousin are the same people? No, you could differ in a multiplicity of ways — privilege, looks, charisma, hair color, eye color, skin pigment, genetic anomalies, personality, environmental pressures, dietary restrictions, IQ, esthetic tastes & vocation. All of those things that make you two different happened in the span of two to three generations.

    Now imagine what could happen to the offspring of two such cousins after 6 million years, where in the genetic mutation and drift, dietary constrictions & differing migratory patters carry them in to two distinctly differing species. It's really not that hard to understand — long periods of time where genetic material is passed on followed by punctuated equilibrium.

    Do you understand?



    That's fine, though it doesn't have any barring on the subject at hand.

    my mistake if i didn't let you understand that i understood. by saying evolution calls us monkeys, i didn't mean monkeys specifically. i meant animals in general. to say we're just another branch of an animal is to say we have no right to consciousness because we should be like all the other branches that came from similar ancestors. we're different from animals for no apparent reason. that in itself is enough to realize we're privileged with something we shouldn't have, which often sparks in the belief of some sort of creator. but for sceince's sake, i'll say it's not enough. even if we have similar dna or whatever with apes, personally i'm not buying it, but my personal stance isn't what i want you to get out of what i say.

    if you read my first post you'd make an easier connection when i said it's easier to deny science than god. the belief in god has everything to do with everything, even if you don't realize it. religion ruled society until the enlightenment era, then came philosophy, scientology, and now new age philosophy. it has controlled history, caused wars, etc. but that's not why it's important. it's important because we as humans have a hunger for knowledge. that hunger is also described as the desire to be gods ourselves. science is merely what we use to chase knowledge. so when we develop scientific explanations to replace our beliefs (as john locke & others did), we're really trying to get that god-like dominion we feel we should have. the same dominion the bible says we already had from the beginning. i hope this makes sense.
     
         
    Last edited by AnglePrey; 10-04-2012 at 05:21 AM.

  2. #152
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
    I believe in evolution. Black people are the missing link between apes and human.
    Woooaah! Intolerant, much?
     
         

  3. #153
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    15,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Aaaaand there goes the thread. >.<
     
         

  4. #154
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Aaaaand there goes the thread. >.<
    You mean the thread was still legit before that?
     
         

  5. #155
    messenger thepizzaguy's Avatar
    Status
    thepizzaguy is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    cape town
    Posts
    349
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    If evolution is true don't yu think it will be possible for a highher being(God) to initiate?
     
         

  6. #156
    Senior Member theRPGdude's Avatar
    Status
    theRPGdude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Currently living in unknown places
    Posts
    3,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    I never knew this debate will go on like this. Love your comments guys I read through them all. And I have a religion and I don't believe in evolution at all. I believe in God and that he created us to live on this earth forever. And I like how you guys are talkig and debating that was fun to read. And there is a element of truth to what we all say. In all we don't k ow what to believe anymore and it can go either way. Just saying what people saying that it's a theory nothing else. Awesome comment there! No conclusive evidence and just plain dumb. Darwin was crazy.
     
         

  7. #157
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    I never knew this debate will go on like this. Love your comments guys I read through them all. And I have a religion and I don't believe in evolution at all. I believe in God and that he created us to live on this earth forever. And I like how you guys are talkig and debating that was fun to read. And there is a element of truth to what we all say. In all we don't k ow what to believe anymore and it can go either way. Just saying what people saying that it's a theory nothing else. Awesome comment there! No conclusive evidence and just plain dumb. Darwin was crazy.
    ....I argued for two days for this.... F@#$ you, troll. F@#$ you.
     
         

  8. #158
    Member peteriscoo's Avatar
    Status
    peteriscoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    College Bitches
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    I never knew this debate will go on like this. Love your comments guys I read through them all. And I have a religion and I don't believe in evolution at all. I believe in God and that he created us to live on this earth forever. And I like how you guys are talkig and debating that was fun to read. And there is a element of truth to what we all say. In all we don't k ow what to believe anymore and it can go either way. Just saying what people saying that it's a theory nothing else. Awesome comment there! No conclusive evidence and just plain dumb. Darwin was crazy.
    I hope that at some point in your life you end up graduating junior high and try opening a biology text book. Knowledge bro, the absolute most valuable thing in existance (except for refined petroleum products maybe).
     
         

  9. #159
    Senior Member theRPGdude's Avatar
    Status
    theRPGdude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Currently living in unknown places
    Posts
    3,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Guys I'm not a troll I really wanted to know what you guys know. I just joined this base less then a week ago and I love every day I'm here. All of you guys are so welcoming and the threads are awesome. Just wanted to see your comments

    Thanks man. I do thank you for your concern even though I'm a college student. But I love biology. And I'll grab a book and sit down and read. All your comments guys were outstanding. Please I noted this as a debate so understand?
     
         
    Last edited by theRPGdude; 10-04-2012 at 06:21 AM.

  10. #160
    Member Darth Wignus's Avatar
    Status
    Darth Wignus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    881
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    Well this topic has been on my mind for quite a while. And I found no cuclusive evidence to the matter. Turns out there's no evidence supporting that we really envolve. We basically who made from a high being. Evolution denotes that life's were made by chance. That's everything just suddenly happen. It's false. If you look around you and see the marvelous thugs in the world it makes me wonder. Were we really created by nothing? Or were we designed? This is not a rant this is a debate on what YOU think. I honestly don't know. And I was wondering if you guys have studied this or believe in God. Cause me I honestly don't believe it. Just seems a bit to far fetched if you ask me. So what you guys think?
    Did you get your info from a coloring book? No evidence... Evolution happens everyday and all the time even now bacteria, viruses and animals are making the small changes which will lead them to become a whole new creature. We didn't evolve from monkeys you idiot we share a common ancestor with them. That's not the same thing. That's why there are monkeys now and us now but the common ancestor is long dead.
     
         

  11. #161
    Member peteriscoo's Avatar
    Status
    peteriscoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    College Bitches
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    If you want to start a scientific discussion thats one thing, its actually a great thing to sit down and learn just a little bit more. But starting a scientific discussion just to say "thanks for the comments but I never planned on critically analyzing them from the start" thats trolling lol.

    My advice: Go to college an be an art major if you dont want to end up with any critical thinking skills. Maybe just skip college and get a job that doesnt require much thinking in general

    lol jk, you're young and naive. Im probably being to harsh on you. Enjoy you're blissfully ignorant view of how the world works before youre force to grow up
     
         

  12. #162
    Senior Member theRPGdude's Avatar
    Status
    theRPGdude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Currently living in unknown places
    Posts
    3,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    We can see the beautiful things in this earth. It's nice. Just how creative things are. And I agree. Maybe there's something evolving in a way. Thanks for the comment. Please don't try to write me down. I'm only human.
     
         

  13. #163
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    We can see the beautiful things in this earth. It's nice. Just how creative things are. And I agree. Maybe there's something evolving in a way. Thanks for the comment. Please don't try to write me down. I'm only human.
    You brought up a touchy subject, let everyone hack at each other, and than flipped out your own side. You got balls kid. Thanks for letting everybody beat each other up, lol.
     
         

  14. #164
    Member peteriscoo's Avatar
    Status
    peteriscoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    College Bitches
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Just remember that a man's spirituality needs to be completly seperate from his pursuit of knowledge. Never let one impede the other
     
         

  15. #165
    Senior Member theRPGdude's Avatar
    Status
    theRPGdude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Currently living in unknown places
    Posts
    3,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Well evolution is a controversial topic. A good debate. Only reason I was not there to join was my grandmother died.
     
         

  16. #166
    Member Fujin's Avatar
    Status
    Fujin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    I never knew this debate will go on like this. Love your comments guys I read through them all. And I have a religion and I don't believe in evolution at all. I believe in God and that he created us to live on this earth forever. And I like how you guys are talkig and debating that was fun to read. And there is a element of truth to what we all say. In all we don't k ow what to believe anymore and it can go either way. Just saying what people saying that it's a theory nothing else. Awesome comment there! No conclusive evidence and just plain dumb. Darwin was crazy.
    Those 4 sentences are the biggest load of crap I have heard all week. You clearly do not know what a scientific theory is. The word "theory" makes you think it's some sort of purely hypothetical explanation that someone thought of in the shower! A scientific theory, still requires tonnes of proof to even get accepted into the scientific community. A scientific theory rests on a very solid foundation of facts and data. The reason why they are teaching evolution in schools is because there is so much evidence for it. There is no other explanation out there which has the same amount or more evidence than it. The evidence is 99% conclusive, and quite intelligent for a matter of fact. Darwin was not crazy.

    I doubt you will actually take anything I say into what you think, so perhaps it is best you stay in your cave and ignore the world around you.
     
         

  17. #167
    The Informer Megatolium's Avatar
    Status
    Megatolium is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere on Earth :P
    Posts
    2,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never Give Up!
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    If you believe in evolution you might as well throw every respected religion away.
     
         

  18. #168
    Member NeedAnime's Avatar
    Status
    NeedAnime is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3MESSIAH View Post
    we were created by plot no jutsu
    And somebody had to make the plot.
     
         

  19. #169
    Member NeedAnime's Avatar
    Status
    NeedAnime is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fujin View Post
    Those 4 sentences are the biggest load of crap I have heard all week. You clearly do not know what a scientific theory is. The word "theory" makes you think it's some sort of purely hypothetical explanation that someone thought of in the shower! A scientific theory, still requires tonnes of proof to even get accepted into the scientific community. A scientific theory rests on a very solid foundation of facts and data. The reason why they are teaching evolution in schools is because there is so much evidence for it. There is no other explanation out there which has the same amount or more evidence than it. The evidence is 99% conclusive, and quite intelligent for a matter of fact. Darwin was not crazy.

    I doubt you will actually take anything I say into what you think, so perhaps it is best you stay in your cave and ignore the world around you.
    Yes but if we go back to the big bang ? someTHING had to go KABOOM lol , and saying that it's stupider to believe that there was someone before everything else , rather than that there was something before everything else is just weird.
     
         

  20. #170
    ▓The Golden Uchiha▓ Syllogism's Avatar
    Status
    Syllogism is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Konaha
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    “...people live their lives
    bound by what they accept as
    correct and true... that is
    how they define reality. But
    what does it mean to be
    correct or true? Merely vague
    concepts... their reality may
    all be an illusion.”
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by AP2k View Post
    Wow, what an absolute retard. How can you possibly live your life with such blatant disregard to basic knowledge?
    For starters, earths gravitational field affects planets like mars, if you wanna preach the young earth theory, at leat realize that your argument is invalid, especially since the moon only moves at less then a centimeter a year.

    The oceans aren't salt because of the water cycle, ya know, that diagram you had in fourth grade? There was a river and it wad the sunny, the water evaporated up and the clouds filled up and it rains? Yeah, that one.

    3) charles darwin never said that.
    4)monkeys are still evolving
    5)people closer to the equator are darker skinned because of evolution and adaptation, but there is a theory that humans first evolved in both africa and asia, hence why asians and others have slightly different features.
    5)that's by far the worst thought ever. Evolutionists didn't invent chemicals nor the perception of them.
    ^Exactly this, couldn't have said it better even if I tried. +rep
     
         

  21. #171
    Member Fujin's Avatar
    Status
    Fujin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeedAnime View Post
    Yes but if we go back to the big bang ? someTHING had to go KABOOM lol , and saying that it's stupider to believe that there was someone before everything else , rather than that there was something before everything else is just weird.
    I'm not quite sure why you're quoting me on that, as my post only had to do with scientific theories. What you're thinking of is not science, but atheism. All that science states is that there was a large expansion which was the creation of our universe, which originated from a single point. Science does not have anything to say about what happened before this, it may never be known. On the other hand, atheists believe that there wasn't a god who created us, simply by the fact that there is no evidence for it. It is the equivalent of opting out of a vote. Anyway, whatever the true cause of creation of the universe may be, it will be weird, how can it not be? The cause is undefinable if we compare it to our regular laws.

    Just remember science says nothing about what lead up to our creation, but only what has happened after. That is the reason why it is possible to still believe in a god and practice science. Too many religious people feel threatened by science, when they should be adopting it.
     
         
    Last edited by Fujin; 10-04-2012 at 08:42 AM.

  22. #172
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    16,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

    ~Closed

    It's very obvious that a lot of people who posted in this thread are trying to discuss a topic that's way out of their league as they simply lack the ability to do so.
     
         

Page 7 of 7 « First ... 34567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •