Page 8 of 9 « First ... 456789 Last»
    Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

Quote Originally Posted by XxTwin BladexX View Post
    From where I stand now, I don't know what to believe.. Is this place we call Earth and the things we see actually what we are seeing? I sometimes I wonder if this is even reality. I was in a spot once where I couldn't tell reality from the real world and let me tell you it's ****ing scary.. And by what we are created and where we came from does not matter to me anymore.. I'm living now and being "Human" besides, humans are capable of things that are mind blowing. Like a friend of mine told me a story about a man that was walking along the highway back from work and the weather that day had been the weather you would see when a Tornado might drop down somewhere. Well in that moment as he was walking home, a Tornado dropped drown RIGHT on top of him. So he started running and got up to speeds faster than a race horse... This is what we would call, "Adreneline Rush". Were we made do to that just by coincidence, I don't think so.. So perhaps something is out there.. The story I told by my friend, he got the story from the person himself. True story.
    this.

i've been at the same place, not knowing if this reality was really real. and let me tell you, it's real but has been manipulated. the collective conscious of humanity decides reality in this world, thus putting what we believe at the pedestal for where we're going. we'll never know the answers until we die, so i asked god, who has all the answers. maybe he'll show something if no one else will

Status
    Dec 2010
    This is the status of this
    guy.

If we evolved from monkeys why do monkeys exist now, I mean they should be humans too. No, we are not evolved from monkeys. Plus, why don't we see human 'like' creatures that evovled from other animal spices. For example, why didn't tigers evolved to be something like humans? Because, of course it all happened 'by chance"....?? :sy:

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

To OP

What is there to evolve from when you're made by God?

Status
    Apr 2009
    We Do Not Sow

Quote Originally Posted by Mante View Post
    If we evolved from monkeys why do monkeys exist now, I mean they should be humans too. No, we are not evolved from monkeys. Plus, why don't we see human 'like' creatures that evovled from other animal spices. For example, why didn't tigers evolved to be something like humans? Because, of course it all happened 'by chance"....?? :sy:
    There were other Hominid species that co-existed with Homo Sapiens. One of these were Neanderthals. We, however, out-competed them and they went extinct (with some inter-breeding as well). Animals in nature fit into niches, they have specific roles within their habitats in regards to the foods they eat, the areas they occupy, the time they're active, etc. The reason why monkeys exist, and why other animals haven't evolved long similar lines as humans, is because they all fit into different niches, and their evolutionary path was determined by the selective pressures put on them within that niche. So its not entirely "random" in the sense that the mutations selected for, are selected for because of selective pressures (i.e. weather, food, mating, etc.).

The tiger didn't evolve human like traits because if it did, it would no longer be able to catch its prey, and it would starve to death. Its built for its life style, and its life style is determined by its environment.

Evolution isn't directional. It isn't moving towards becoming more "advanced". It simply shapes animals to be best fit for their environment. Adaptations don't make animals better, it simply gives them a better chance to survive and reproduce.

Again, as seen throughout this thread, it seems part of the disbelief in evolution is simply from an ignorance of what evolution is.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

I just want to point out by far the funniest post in this thread. "Noah's arc biggest lie in the bible"
    Cracked me up. You say its impossible but I say on this stance. If god did indeed create everything in 7 days I would hope that he could get Noah the wood, tools, and get the animals to him! Just saying LOL.

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    C.S. Lewis quotes, roughly, "evolutionists believe thoughts are chemicals. If that's true, how can we trust our own thoughts if they're made by chance. Evolution is a thought, so how can we trust that thought?" Roughly, that makes evolution collapse on itself. I believe in adapting or 'evolving' in that sense. Humans that live closer to the equator are going to be darker-skinned because they adapted, or evolved. Also, if we evolved from monkeys, why aren't they still evolving? Why are we not evolving? Charles Darwin on his deathbed even said he realizes evolution can't be true.

Also, if the earth was millions of years old, the oceans would be salt. The moon would be out of our gravitational orbit. There are many more natural things that disprove evolution, but I've written enough.
    Oh my. You can't be serious... I'm honestly just flabbergasted. Almost nothing you have said makes any sense, or is even true. Then in your own post you say you think things adapt. World's biggest idiot or world's biggest hypocrite?

Status
    May 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mante View Post
    The "by chance" part you talk about is the mutation component of evolution. We may have a certain individual who possesses a mutation which others do not. Then when conditions change there is the possibility that the individual with the mutation will survive and those without it will die. Thus the person with the mutation can reproduce and the offspring are likely to have the mutation required for survival.

Tigers aren't about to evolve into humans because they're put under completely different environmental circumstances. Why would a predator which is capable of hunting it's meals and feeds primarily on meat suddenly need to possess thumbs to gather vegetation or manipulate it's surroundings?

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by AnglePrey View Post
    let me get your argument: we didn't evolve from monkeys, but we share the same ancestor family, and we branched off, right?
    well, you're then saying we didn't evolve from monkeys, but from their ancestors who became monkeys. that's no better than saying we are monkeys ourselves, if we come from the exact same place anyway.
    No, I'm sorry but you don't understand. Stating that we share a common ancestor from 4 to 8 Million years ago with Primates is nothing like saying that Human beings are monkeys.

In other words you and your cousin, if you happen to have one, share a common ancestor - this common ancestor is ether your Grandparents or your Great-Grandparents. Does this mean you and your cousin are the same people? No, you could differ in a multiplicity of ways — privilege, looks, charisma, hair color, eye color, skin pigment, genetic anomalies, personality, environmental pressures, dietary restrictions, IQ, esthetic tastes & vocation. All of those things that make you two different happened in the span of two to three generations.

Now imagine what could happen to the offspring of two such cousins after 6 million years, where in the genetic mutation and drift, dietary constrictions & differing migratory patters carry them in to two distinctly differing species. It's really not that hard to understand — long periods of time where genetic material is passed on followed by punctuated equilibrium.

Do you understand?

it's harder to deny god than science if you ask me
    That's fine, though it doesn't have any barring on the subject at hand.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Not only is there plenty of evidence to support Evolution, we use the very basics behind evolution today to our advantage.
    How? Selective breeding.

Evolution occurs because of natural selection. For every generation of a species, it's the animals with the genetics best equipped for surviving the conditions they are in that will pass on their genetics and because of that, after many many many generations of breeding, we eventually get a new species of animals entirely. And sometimes due to different environments this results in branched out evolution. Natural selection selects the genetics that make the species most likely to survive and after generations upon generations this can eventually result in something so incredibly different as humans coming from an ancestor that also produced monekys.

We use selective breeding today in several ways. The only difference is we select the genes we want for different reasons than just which will survive the best. Horse breeding, dog breeding, any other type of animal breeding, you name it. Look at dogs. We have such a wide variety of breeds, all so massively different, but they all came from the same ancestor--the wolf. And this is only after a couple thousand years. Imagine after millions of years how different they could be. You'll accept that chihuahuas and huskies are from the same ancestor, but you won't accept that humans and monkey's are from the same ancestor?

Last edited by SatchiZurake; 10-04-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Rockstar From Mars. mcchikeneater's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Well actually there is tons of evidence that evolution happens, and many lesser forms of man have been discovered. ..***... You call evolution far fetched, yet you think that we were just blinked into existence suddenly? What about the billions of years the earth was here before us? What about the countless numbers of species that existed before us? There is plenty of evidence of evolution, but then there are people like you, that never really evolved past monkey, at least as far as intelligence goes.

Last edited by Ira; 10-04-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaculateShadow View Post
    No, I'm sorry but you don't understand. Stating that we share a common ancestor from 4 to 8 Million years ago with Primates is nothing like saying that Human beings are monkeys.

In other words you and your cousin, if you happen to have one, share a common ancestor - this common ancestor is ether your Grandparents or your Great-Grandparents. Does this mean you and your cousin are the same people? No, you could differ in a multiplicity of ways — privilege, looks, charisma, hair color, eye color, skin pigment, genetic anomalies, personality, environmental pressures, dietary restrictions, IQ, esthetic tastes & vocation. All of those things that make you two different happened in the span of two to three generations.

Now imagine what could happen to the offspring of two such cousins after 6 million years, where in the genetic mutation and drift, dietary constrictions & differing migratory patters carry them in to two distinctly differing species. It's really not that hard to understand — long periods of time where genetic material is passed on followed by punctuated equilibrium.

Do you understand?

That's fine, though it doesn't have any barring on the subject at hand.

my mistake if i didn't let you understand that i understood. by saying evolution calls us monkeys, i didn't mean monkeys specifically. i meant animals in general. to say we're just another branch of an animal is to say we have no right to consciousness because we should be like all the other branches that came from similar ancestors. we're different from animals for no apparent reason. that in itself is enough to realize we're privileged with something we shouldn't have, which often sparks in the belief of some sort of creator. but for sceince's sake, i'll say it's not enough. even if we have similar dna or whatever with apes, personally i'm not buying it, but my personal stance isn't what i want you to get out of what i say.

if you read my first post you'd make an easier connection when i said it's easier to deny science than god. the belief in god has everything to do with everything, even if you don't realize it. religion ruled society until the enlightenment era, then came philosophy, scientology, and now new age philosophy. it has controlled history, caused wars, etc. but that's not why it's important. it's important because we as humans have a hunger for knowledge. that hunger is also described as the desire to be gods ourselves. science is merely what we use to chase knowledge. so when we develop scientific explanations to replace our beliefs (as john locke & others did), we're really trying to get that god-like dominion we feel we should have. the same dominion the bible says we already had from the beginning. i hope this makes sense.

Last edited by AnglePrey; 10-04-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
    I believe in evolution. Black people are the missing link between apes and human.
    Woooaah! Intolerant, much?

Status
    Apr 2009
    We Do Not Sow

Aaaaand there goes the thread. >.<

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Aaaaand there goes the thread. >.<
    You mean the thread was still legit before that?

Status
    This user has no status.

If evolution is true don't yu think it will be possible for a highher being(God) to initiate?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.

I never knew this debate will go on like this. Love your comments guys I read through them all. And I have a religion and I don't believe in evolution at all. I believe in God and that he created us to live on this earth forever. And I like how you guys are talkig and debating that was fun to read. And there is a element of truth to what we all say. In all we don't k ow what to believe anymore and it can go either way. Just saying what people saying that it's a theory nothing else. Awesome comment there! No conclusive evidence and just plain dumb. Darwin was crazy.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    I never knew this debate will go on like this. Love your comments guys I read through them all. And I have a religion and I don't believe in evolution at all. I believe in God and that he created us to live on this earth forever. And I like how you guys are talkig and debating that was fun to read. And there is a element of truth to what we all say. In all we don't k ow what to believe anymore and it can go either way. Just saying what people saying that it's a theory nothing else. Awesome comment there! No conclusive evidence and just plain dumb. Darwin was crazy.
    ....I argued for two days for this.... F@#$ you, troll. F@#$ you.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

I hope that at some point in your life you end up graduating junior high and try opening a biology text book. Knowledge bro, the absolute most valuable thing in existance (except for refined petroleum products maybe).

Status
    Sep 2012
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.

Guys I'm not a troll I really wanted to know what you guys know. I just joined this base less then a week ago and I love every day I'm here. All of you guys are so welcoming and the threads are awesome. Just wanted to see your comments

Thanks man. I do thank you for your concern even though I'm a college student. But I love biology. And I'll grab a book and sit down and read. All your comments guys were outstanding. Please I noted this as a debate so understand?

Last edited by theRPGdude; 10-04-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Well this topic has been on my mind for quite a while. And I found no cuclusive evidence to the matter. Turns out there's no evidence supporting that we really envolve. We basically who made from a high being. Evolution denotes that life's were made by chance. That's everything just suddenly happen. It's false. If you look around you and see the marvelous thugs in the world it makes me wonder. Were we really created by nothing? Or were we designed? This is not a rant this is a debate on what YOU think. I honestly don't know. And I was wondering if you guys have studied this or believe in God. Cause me I honestly don't believe it. Just seems a bit to far fetched if you ask me. So what you guys think?
    Did you get your info from a coloring book? No evidence... Evolution happens everyday and all the time even now bacteria, viruses and animals are making the small changes which will lead them to become a whole new creature. We didn't evolve from monkeys you idiot we share a common ancestor with them. That's not the same thing. That's why there are monkeys now and us now but the common ancestor is long dead.

Page 8 of 9 « First ... 456789 Last»