Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Obito's MS

I have a feeling that we are going to learn that Obito unlocks his MS when Rin dies next chapter. This would fit into the storyline because it would explain how Obito was able to become so strong in the short couple years between the whole getting crushed by rocks incident and the attack on Konoha with the ninetails.

Just a prediction of mine though, what'll you guys think? Perhaps we will never actually be shown how Obito gains his MS? That would piss me off, and this seems like the perfect time for him to unlock it because the person closest to him dying,

I would have tagged this as predictions but i don't want to spoil things for people!!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Obito's MS

Yeah it would make sense that he awakens it when Rin dies if not maybe if he forms a bond with Madara and when Madara dies/he kills him he awakens it.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this... The death you had
    imagined for me then?

It would.. z

But it wasn't a couple of years, it was ONE year... He was 13 when he was saved by Madara, and Naruto was born a year later.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Koha View Post
    It would.. z

But it wasn't a couple of years, it was ONE year... He was 13 when he was saved by Madara, and Naruto was born a year later.
    I'm pretty sure by the math people have done the longest it could have been is 2 years. 1 year is assuming that Obito and Kakashi are the exact same age which i am not sure of.

Something like him unlocking his MS within months of being crushed would have to be the answer to how he got so powerful so fast and this is the best theory i can come out with for how right now.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Agreed. He then proceeds to controlling the Mist Village and bringing about the Bloody Mist era as a means to exact revenge for the death of Rin, or so I believe.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    imagined for me then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ero sennin jiraiya View Post
    I'm pretty sure by the math people have done the longest it could have been is 2 years. 1 year is assuming that Obito and Kakashi are the exact same age which i am not sure of.

Something like him unlocking his MS within months of being crushed would have to be the answer to how he got so powerful so fast and this is the best theory i can come out with for how right now.
    They are.. Kakashi is 7 months younger than Obito. And Naruto now is 16 years old....

Obito, Guy (the oldest of them being born in January), Kakashi.. They're all currently 30.
    30 - 16 = 14.... Obito's age during the attack.
    No way around it... And sheesh, he did train with Madara, along with having Hashirama's DNA. Soooo..

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    imagined for me then?

Quote Originally Posted by repulse View Post
    Agreed. He then proceeds to controlling the Mist Village and bringing about the Bloody Mist era as a means to exact revenge for the death of Rin, or so I believe.
    The Bloodmist era happened as Zabuza was growing up, remember he graduated to Genin at 9, and at the start of the series Kakashi and Zabuza were 26..

At that time Obito was still barely graduating from the Academy.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    In order to make this world a
    better place you have to make
    your mind a better place.

I think that he got some tomoe not ms. Its just impossible. And i think that he got his ms at the same time kakashi got it.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Koha View Post
    They are.. Kakashi is 7 months younger than Obito. And Naruto now is 16 years old....

Obito, Guy (the oldest of them being born in January), Kakashi.. They're all currently 30.
    30 - 16 = 14.... Obito's age during the attack.
    No way around it... And sheesh, he did train with Madara, along with having Hashirama's DNA. Soooo..
    I don't see how he could have unlocked the mangekyo through training alone though. Everyone else unlocked it through a traumatic experience like the death of the person closest to you, as far as we know. We don't know how Kakashi or Obito unlocked theirs but it can be assumed it was through some sort of traumatic experience.

anyway this is just a theory. You're right it was 1 year, like i said i wasn't sure off the top my head but knew it was between 1-2 years.

If this isn't how it happened, what is your theory? Him training with madara to unlock MS seems unlikely to be how he unlocked his MS IMO. I don't think Hashi's DNA helps somebody initially unlock MS.

BTW Kisame believes that it was the work of Tobi controlling Yagura and he was definitely being controlled. So either it was Tobi or it was somebody else, idk who else though besides Madara, who, seeing his sad state when he rescued Obito, doesn't seem like he could have done it, but maybe.

I agree with you that the timeline doesn't add up but that was the biggest argument for Tobi not being Obito and he ended up being him....Just saiyan

Last edited by Ero sennin jiraiya; 09-26-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah, I agree. He'll unlock it during next chapter and whatever happens will finally push him to start working for Madara

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    imagined for me then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ero sennin jiraiya View Post
    I don't see how he could have unlocked the mangekyo through training alone though. Everyone else unlocked it through a traumatic experience like the death of the person closest to you, as far as we know. We don't know how Kakashi or Obito unlocked theirs but it can be assumed it was through some sort of traumatic experience.

anyway this is just a theory. You're right it was 1 year, like i said i wasn't sure off the top my head but knew it was between 1-2 years.

If this isn't how it happened, what is your theory? Him training with madara to unlock MS seems unlikely to be how he unlocked his MS IMO. I don't think Hashi's DNA helps somebody initially unlock MS.

BTW Kisame believes that it was the work of Tobi controlling Yagura and he was definitely being controlled. So either it was Tobi or it was somebody else, idk who else though besides Madara, who, seeing his sad state when he rescued Obito, doesn't seem like he could have done it, but maybe.

I agree with you that the timeline doesn't add up but that was the biggest argument for Tobi not being Obito and he ended up being him....Just saiyan
    My theory? I simply don't have one.... It baffles me completely, but apparently through this new chapter Obito more than likely witnessed Rin's death... But I don't think that's it either, because I don't see how he can skip through a two-tomoe Sharingan into an MS.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

w00t i was right. Also it was how Kakashi unlocked his as well, interesting, but not surprising really.