Talking to the Moon
Ok, so this is my third fan-fic, I guess, as I had an experience with two more, but I was never able to finish them, lol.
Anyways, is based on ships, NaruSaku,SasuSaku,NaruHina etc, AFTER the 4th Shinobi World War ended and Sasuke and Naruto had their fight. What's going on from here on? Well, we shall see...
Warning: Is a fic based on Sakura's character more than others so if you know you hate her, please, don't read it and save me from your hate. Thank you!
Disclaimer: All the drawings belong to their respective owners.
Talking to the Moon
Chapter 1: Silver Drops.
There she was again, looking at that black sky from which silver drops were falling as she was closing her eyes. An old image came to her mind; it was with them... the old them, all, Naruto, Sai, Kakashi-sensei and even him... Sasuke, the avenger she once gave her heart to.
"Beautiful times, right Sasuke?" she thought to herself as in the corner of her lips a little smile appeared, drowned, later, by tears. "But I never could do what you told me before your last breath... What you, everybody told me to, I just couldn't do it. Silly as always, right?" she said while kept talking to herself.
Sasuke's last battle with Naruto was defining. He was the loser who won, but he gave his life for that... yet before, he made sure that the Uchiha name resonated once again like in the old times: Konoha's heroes! He died smiling... and in her arms. The one who filled his lonely existence like no other did since the Uchiha massacre. But his dying words were an advice to her, the most honest one he ever gave in his life. Maybe his first and last time when he actually thought at her more than just a comrade... like a friend.
Even though in his darkest times he tried to kill her and was always cold with her, this time, when the burden of the Uchiha name didn't weighted so much on his shoulders, he could be honest, left those feelings long locked somewhere in the deepest corner of his soul, free. And he wanted her to be happy, so he did what he could do best at the time, give her the advice of his lifetime: "Tell him! Sakura, even I can tell..." he whispered as his eyes and the beats of his hearts closed, while his hand fell from her cheek.
She started crying, loud... In the end, he was once someone for whom she had feelings.
She opened her eyes, wiped her tears and went to the window. She did as she always used to do, climb on the window sill and watched the sky. It was one of those things that could calm down her inner storm. She kept thinking, did she do right, did she do wrong?
"But he's happy now..." Sakura told her inner self. That self that actually was longing for his arms to be around her body and warm her like it always did. That genuine, pure smile that always melted her heart, those eyes in which always she found confort. "So it's ok, as long as he's happy, I'm happy too, right, Sasuke?" she continued conforting herself tearfully smiling. She couldn't stop those tears, as much as she wanted. Those were feelings merging to the surface, breaking free in her eyes, travelling around her tears down to her neck, later, to her hearth. Those were the tears of someone who was always strong, of someone who after the last events decided to just close her heart. She already lost a person she once loved, she didn't want to pass through that again. No! Her heart wouldn't take it...
She just wanted to know him safe while her heart was locked. She smirked in a really silly way. "Hmpf, funny enough, Shisou... In the end it seems that we share the same destiny, the same pain. Who could've told? I came to you for training so that you could share your techniques with me, but in the end we came to share more than those techniques..."
She took her feet up to her chest while looking at the view through the windows and stood there closing her eyes, listening to the nothingness around her while tears broke out even through her closed eyes. Fifteen minutes later Sakura opens her eyes and gets down from the window sill and went towards her cupboard. She took out from there her long coat, put it around her, went out of her room towards the exit door from where she took her boots, she put them on quickly, properly dressed with the coat, slammed the door behind her and went out for a walk. As the rays of the moon enlightnened her path, she kept walking and looked around the road as memories from her childhood passed behind her eyes. She put an innocent smile on her face that hid a lot of sadness while the images were rolling inside her mind. Ino's flower shop, from where she bought her first flower, the kids park where she was bullied about her forehead but gained a friend, the bench where she was about to have her first kiss innocently thinking it was Sasuke, the bridge where she used to spend her turbulence days.
She stopped there for a moment, on that bridge and looked at the moon's reflection in the water. Sasuke's image appeard before her eyes; her eyes once again got wet at his memory. "You dummie! Why did you have to choose that path? Things would be so much different today if you haven't had chose that way." As she was staying there reflecting at Sasuke's remembrance, she heard some rustling from the leaves. It was autumn, any movement around Konoha couldn't pass unnoticed. Especially if Sakura was around.
After Tsunade's training, Sakura thought to bring the medical techs up to another level, so she developed a technique similar to Tsunade's transformation technique, the one who always makes her look young. Only that Sakura's one didn't concerned only the lookings, she took it to another level. She developed a technique that was based on animals DNA so she could improve her reflexes. With only one hand seal, she could activate it and automatically her smelling, hearing, vision, all her sensing abilities jumped onto another level. She did that after studying closely Kabuto's Sage Mode, Inuzuka clan's dogs and many other animals around her. But she did that in secret. She had only one technique to learn. She did all that secretly, basing her decision on the fact that she wasn't capable and strong enough in the end, to protect both Naruto and Sasuke because she thought that having faith in both of them would have been enough. But it wasn't! She lost on her own bet. Even since then, Sakura promised, swore to herself that she would never rely on mere words, possibilities, faith...
After hearing that distant sound, Sakura weaved the sign and activated her technique. As she concentrated her vision, she saw two silhouettes around 150 m NW distance. She could visualize them by the heat their bodies emanated, something she borrowed from the felines. Her look frowned as she quickly moved into that direction. Quietly, her body moved through the leaves's shadows as she sneaked around to get closer to her target. While she jumped around, took out a kunai, poisoned, as she never walked around without at least few poisoned kunais on her and from the next two steps she landed in the back of the suspicious two silhouettes with her poisoned kunai around their necks.
- Who are you and why are you sneaking in Konoha? she asked with a low, stern tone. A slim, evilish laugh who proceeded into a thick one, made its presence around the three characters.
- I wouldn't laugh that much if I'd be you. One movement and you're dead! Sakura said as she kept her stern voice tonality. Her kunais weren't using the old trick. This wasn't a poison that was only used to put to sleep the target, it was a poison that was killing the target in 3 minutes. She got that trick from her past fight with Sasori of the Red Sand; she had a lot to learn from every experience.
After hearing this the laughs stopped.
- Even if you kill us now, it's no good. The doujutsus will be ours and they will be brought back to life! the other voice said strongly. Sakura stood there for a second analysing the statements when she sensed someone from behind coming to attack her. Given her heightened senses, she felt the intent and reacted quickly. She rotated the kunais on her fingers, jumped in a rotation and with her elbow hit the one who wanted to attack her, while in the same time she threw the kunais at the others two.
- Told you not to move or you'll be dead, she added as she landed on her feet. The attacker was dead and so were the other two. Before the 3 minutes ended, she reached them as they were laying down, almost unconscious .
- What were you doing here? What are you after? she yelled at them. But it was too late, they were already on their dying breath.
- We will get what we need and when they'll be back, this world shall know end... were the last words Sakura heard.
- Damn it! What was that? she asked herself. As this was over, she released her technique and decided to collect the bodies and take them to Konoha's hospital. It wouldn't be a problem as she had full access to it. So, she summoned Katsuyu since Tsunade already took care to teach Sakura the technique and get a contract with the Slugs.
As the dust dissapeard, Katsuyu appeared at the summon place and saw Sakura there together with 3 bodies.
- Miss Sakura, what happened? Katsuyu asked curiously.
- There's no time for questions Katsuyu, Sakura replied. Please help me with these 3 bodies, I need to take them to the hospital for further examination, she commanded as she was thinking at the last words the man said to her.
- In a moment! Katsuyu answered firmly as she split.
After taking care of the bodies, Sakura asked Katsuyu to split around the village and let her know, through the mental connection they obtained, if anything seems suspicious. This way she would go back home safely. The next day she will be having a lot of things to take care of.