Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 3DS and Animal
    Crossing New Leaf.

Is there Corruption in this base? What do you think?

That's statement aptly describes the history of this base. It has been responsible for untold trolls and fanboys. In all ages, well-intention people like the moderators have tried to establish a more just society were just constanly foiled by greed and corruption. Why is that so? Is it possible to be honest in this base?

Although our imperfect nature and the world we live on affects us. We get great pressure. In such an environment like this, some people find it hard to be different. Driven by selfish ambition, they become power hungry. They also have a strong desire for the more people that fall victim. Safely they are willing to behave in a dishonest way to achieve there goals. Rather then resisting influences such people follow the crowd. "We wish to conduct ourselves honestly in all thing" - Hebrews 13:18 "Man has dominated his injury" - Ecclesiates 8:9

Will we get to see the light? Or will we be covered by darkness that shatters hope?

Hey its me Minato ThatYellowFlash's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Is there Corruption in this base? What do you think?

huh?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ñañañañaña

I think being a mod is rather annoying than pleasent for getting power.
    It's not like they have that much power on us, sure they can ban us, but I don't see mods banning here and there. Even more, the're rather quite permissive.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    stackin paper

Stop making the most useless threads.

We can't do anything in fact, not even administrators because there will always be people trolling because they're bored and want attention.
    This is the internet, you can almost do anything so of course they'll be trolls and etc. Stop complaining honestly..

Banned
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i thought you where living your threads are so extravagant

NY Knicks fan dominicansharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    WORLDSTAR!!!!!!!

I may sound retarded but I agree with this. Once I made a thread about the Illuminati and I got an infraction from one of the mods and got that thread close and deleted by him + A lot of people getting banned are the ones who speak truth and this trolls never get banned... I think they are hiding something here >_>

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yes. Every member that buys premium, has plenty of rep and an artsy signature is automatically exempted from punishment.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 3DS and Animal
    Crossing New Leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dream~ View Post
    Stop making the most useless threads.

We can't do anything in fact, not even administrators because there will always be people trolling because they're bored and want attention.
    This is the internet, you can almost do anything so of course they'll be trolls and etc. Stop complaining honestly..
    In a way I agree. But there's always hope. Just because this is the Internet does not strap people off of there free will. It's the system and were the 1%. And if it's so useless why are you even here. Best thing to do is walk away. The mature thing to do is come to an agreement and keep the peace. You may view this as useless and it may be. But that's just you. There's 100,000,000 members that think different as you. Logic.

Last edited by theRPGdude; 10-06-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    almighty

IS there corruption? who's mans is this?.............................

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

Quote Originally Posted by sG Taka View Post
    Yes. Every member that buys premium, has plenty of rep and an artsy signature is automatically exempted from punishment.
    I've seen premium users get banned before. Also, having lots of rep and/or an "artsy" signature means nothing to mods. You can still get banned even if you have any of said things.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take Me Home, To The place, I
    belong, West Virginia,
    Mountain Momma

yea they will do as they please

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swaggeroni

Quote Originally Posted by sG Taka View Post
    People with premium it doesn't mean anything if you break the rules, whether you're premium or not, you'll get an infraction/warning.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Corruption in NB? Bro only wannabes would be corrupt in NB
    REAL wannabes

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 3DS and Animal
    Crossing New Leaf.

People could care less about this. People have to much of there time. It's only a matter of time when this base is filled with dead silence and nothing to be done. -_-

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because we can! U_U

The problem with most people is that they are blind to their own errors.

80% of the time when you hand out an infraction as a mod, all you get is 50 PMs with complaints about it. People forget that mods are here to make sure that the rules and standards of this forum are maintained. Even if in their own opinion, they didn't break a rule, mods can see that differently. The biggest problem with this is that so many members think that mods target them on purpose, only infract them, only punish them, and what not.

First of all, constantly going in against a warning/infraction doesn't give put you in a good book with anyone. I'm definitely not saying everyone should suck up, because sucking up won't help either. I'm just saying, if several mods start to infracts you for the same reason, you might want to go out and figure that your own reasoning is flawed, not the mods their reasoning.

Secondly; most people tend to forget that this is the internet. Things may seem contextual, but because it's the internet, and you have trolls and what not scattered all around the place, it's almost impossible to make contextual terms or situational remarks about something, unless you're very clear about it. This being said, they might get infracted for something that is completely out of line according to them, but in reality isn't so weird if you think about it that way. We try to minimize this and think contextual as people do, but it's not always a given.

Finally I would just like to clear out that, given what I said beforehand, I without a doubt can say that none of our moderators are corrupt in anyway. I think the problem is that people need to go and look out of the box before a second, before they actually start judging us, because our work is way bigger than just going around infracting people and banning them. Also, just to say so, the blue name-tag and bigger signature isn't really that much of a reward for all the work we put into it, because we don't do this for a reward, we do this to make a forum we like a better place.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hating on tsunade all day.

of course there's corruption. I've had threads closed four no reason and then they threaten to ban me for complaining about it to them via message.

Status
    Aug 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dream with my eyes open, Sleep
    when I'm dead, Love who my
    hearts chosen, Conquer what
    lies ahead.

Kiss someones ass and you will get places.

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Wesobi View Post
    The problem with most people is that they are blind to their own errors.

80% of the time when you hand out an infraction as a mod, all you get is 50 PMs with complaints about it. People forget that mods are here to make sure that the rules and standards of this forum are maintained. Even if in their own opinion, they didn't break a rule, mods can see that differently. The biggest problem with this is that so many members think that mods target them on purpose, only infract them, only punish them, and what not.

First of all, constantly going in against a warning/infraction doesn't give put you in a good book with anyone. I'm definitely not saying everyone should suck up, because sucking up won't help either. I'm just saying, if several mods start to infracts you for the same reason, you might want to go out and figure that your own reasoning is flawed, not the mods their reasoning.

Secondly; most people tend to forget that this is the internet. Things may seem contextual, but because it's the internet, and you have trolls and what not scattered all around the place, it's almost impossible to make contextual terms or situational remarks about something, unless you're very clear about it. This being said, they might get infracted for something that is completely out of line according to them, but in reality isn't so weird if you think about it that way. We try to minimize this and think contextual as people do, but it's not always a given.

Finally I would just like to clear out that, given what I said beforehand, I without a doubt can say that none of our moderators are corrupt in anyway. I think the problem is that people need to go and look out of the box before a second, before they actually start judging us, because our work is way bigger than just going around infracting people and banning them. Also, just to say so, the blue name-tag and bigger signature isn't really that much of a reward for all the work we put into it, because we don't do this for a reward, we do this to make a forum we like a better place.
    Well, you are having to deal with adolescence. I'd say the average age on the base is what, 15? Most of these people have barely even hit puberty yet. Not that age has much to do with maturity, I've seen children that are more responsible and intelligent than people in their 50s. I'd imagine overall it's not easy dealing with a bunch of brats that need a good spanking though.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxic View Post
    Keep making such threads, then going after the mods and something WILL be done.
    You getting banned. Just saying.
    I don't think mods will waste their time banning for no reason. Their first priority is making sure the site stays up and running, and everyone is enjoying them selves. They have a job on their hands, they structure order. And most are honestly really kind.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because we can! U_U

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    of course there's corruption. I've had threads closed four no reason and then they threaten to ban me for complaining about it to them via message.
    I think the term here is actually "mods being biased", which also isn't really true if you read my previous post.

Oh well.

Served fresh daily
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta

I don't think corruption can occur if there's no money involved.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    I don't think corruption can occur if there's no money involved.
    Power is what causes corruption, not money. Money is used as a means to obtain power, but isn't the only way to have power. Anyway, I've had mod trouble elsewhere and they've abused their powers, so I wouldn't be surprised if mods were corrupted in that they demand respect, rather than set an example by respecting us first because they expect us to respect them. If a mod respects a user and that user doesn't respect the mod, then the mod can take action and give an infraction, warning, or even ban the user.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

It's a 100.000 members forums. They are like 20+ people in the staff (maybe).
    How do you expect them to handle not 100.000 but a traffic of maybe 1000?
    You talk like the mods act this and that, but sometimes, they're just up to their limits. They've had it! They're human as well.
    You talk from your own perspective because you just have to deal with yourself, but a mod not only has to deal with someone, but as well with his complaints, his friends complaints so on and so forth.

So what if it didn't say, oh, sorry, my mistake? Maybe in the mean time got busy with another troll thread.

You're talking about threads being deleted. Have you even spent the times to read the rules and see that certain subjects are prohibited. Why? Because most of the members don't know how to have a mature conversation about it and start war amongst themselves.
    Some maybe are not written in the rules but they do submit into the category that's been mentioned or it's pure common sense.
    It's that hard to use it?

What's with the hate towards the staff? Have you, at least for once said THANK YOU for creating this Base? All you do, the majority, is complain about it. But you never offered to say at least a thank you, started thinking what's behind all this, the work and everything.

Some sound kinda ungrateful to.

Would it be better if... like some old biblical teaching said "To the discontent one, his gift shall be taken"... or something like that, I don't know exactly how it's translated in English.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diamond In The Dirt.

Why bother even ask, no system is perfect and the tendecy for it to be flawed and also has corrupt indviduals is there, my addiction to naruto base has decreased in other words the utility or satisfaction i derive from the site has gone down however small, this is an anime forum like countless others you can create yours with enough cash if you want to, the real world is what really matters, so us judging on if the moderators on an anime site based off a japanese manga are biased well then ,,No comments.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»