Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Tobi/Obito could have killed Madara in order to awaken his MS.

So, I'll just cut to the case.

It's stated by Itachi (albeit in a weird manner) that in order to awaken MS, a Sharingan wielder must kill the ones closest to him.

Let's make a list of the known MS wielders.

Danzō Shimura - Stole Shisui's Sharingan, already in MS state
    Itachi Uchiha - Killed the whole clan
    Izuna Uchiha - Might have killed someone, not out of the question
    Madara Uchiha - Obviously a man that would do many things for power
    Obito Uchiha - ?
    Hatake Kakashi - Still not 100% certain but probably killed Rin
    Sasuke Uchiha - Found out the truth about Itachi right after causing his death
    Shisui Uchiha - Not enough info on him but he was most probably a part of Root, hence, killed his friend

I feel like I have to elaborate on Shisui being a part of Root.
    Although it's not 100% certain, there are a couple of indicators.
    First of all, his affiliation with Danzo is kind of sketchy.
    I have reason to believe that he gave his eye willingly. Otherwise how could Danzo just snatch it out of it's locket and stop at only one? Why not just kill Shisui and have both?
    Besides, his mantra is pretty much the same as Root and Danzo's. The mantra Itachi said that he learned from Shisui.
    Self sacrifice... A nameless shinobi who protects peace from within it's shadow... That is a true shinobi.

Although it's not identical, the whole reason the Root and Danzo existed was this mantra. They did the dirty work, protected the village from within the shadows and sacrificed themselves so others could live.

Meh, anyways.

At first I thought Kakashi awakening his MS was just an anomality.
    Maybe he awakened it because he already underwent such emotional trauma, losing both of his teammates and Minato. Maybe he blamed himself for the death of Obito, so that counted as ''killing a friend'' or maybe just because he was an outsider with a Sharingan, regular MS laws didn't apply to him...

But after the latest issues, seeing that he probably killed (or caused the death of) Rin, I'm leaning towards believing that what Itachi said was actually true.
    You had to kill a friend.

So, this brings up the question. How did Obito gain his MS? He still has his original Sharingan, the pattern is the same as Kakashi's. Which means he awakened it.

There are two possibilities I can think of.

One; he awakened it because he had a shared vision with Kakashi when Rin died. He might have felt that he killed Rin, due to seeing it from Kakashi's viewpoint. Which would be a plot hax and very implausible if you ask me...

Two; he killed a friend.

I'm leaning towards the second option.

Madara had already planned pretty much everything out. He had given his eyes to Nagato, which means that everything was set.

He had no reason to live in his weakened state anymore. Him encountering Obito was probably just a pleasent coincidence (for Madara) and he tweaked his plan accoding to it.

So, under Obito's circumstances, he seems as if he has no one else to befriend other than Madara at the moment. Besides, he owes him his life and Madara's been treating him pretty well up until now.

Seeing that Madara actually ended up entrusting his whole plan to Obito, it would mean that he would want him to become stronger.
    Madara already stated that he couldn't live unless he was plugged into the Mazou.

So, all he would have to do would be to pull a Dumbledore.

Let Snape/Obito kill him while he was already going to die and bestow him the Elder Wand/MS.

Anyways, long story short; I theorize that Obito killed Madara thus unlocked his MS.

Cheers! Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Kirin Rei; 10-06-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Typos... Typos everywhere.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    тнιηgѕ ωιℓℓ
    ηєνєя gσηηα вє
    тнє ѕαмє

Re: Tobi/Obito could have killed Madara in order to awaken his MS.

He awaked the MS when rin died

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 3DS and Animal
    Crossing New Leaf.

I love your icon. Hold on Okamiden is to awesome. I'll say this first and edit my post later once I finshed reading.He whole Danzo and shi shi thing was very impressive. Not sire if it deals with related figures but it's worth a shot. I love this thread. You make a lot of good ones. Hope to see more. And my take on this. I can't agree with you fully. Wait and see the next chapter.

Last edited by theRPGdude; 10-06-2012 at 06:31 AM.

IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

+ rep unlike the many people on here you lay out details and provide examples and do not act like what you think is a certainty.
    I agree with most of the thread and esp on shisui being in root i am not sure on him willingly giving danzo his eye but you do bring up a good point.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You Are Madara
    Uchiha" ~ Madara Uchiha

I think Obito awaken his Shanringan seeing the death of Rin (the first option). And |LOL| about the Dumbledore part.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always Chilling

I cant say who did obito killed and what happened and how it happened

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Wow.. I actually like your theory and it makes perfect sense. It would also be a curve ball that would've been hard to predict.
    + Rep. Great thread

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Katkot View Post
    He awaked the MS when rin died
    Proof?
    It might as well be so, but you can't go around stating it as a fact untill it's proven to be right by the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    I love your icon. Hold on Okamiden is to awesome. I'll say this first and edit my post later once I finshed reading.He whole Danzo and shi shi thing was very impressive. Not sire if it deals with related figures but it's worth a shot. I love this thread. You make a lot of good ones. Hope to see more. And my take on this. I can't agree with you fully. Wait and see the next chapter.
    Hahaha, thanks!
    Well, I'm not entirely sure either, but I think it's plausible to think of such a scenario. We'll just have to wait and see if it happens or not. :shrug:

By the way, as you've noticed I tend to pull up old topics such as Shisui and Danzo out of my nether regions, so apologies for the possible future threads regarding pre Shippuuden stuff beforehand. I once brought up Itachi and Kisame's conversation about Jiraiya, Naruto and Kurama when they were first heading towards Konoha. From the manga issue #144. The problem is that we were way into the War Arc when I did so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    + rep unlike the many people on here you lay out details and provide examples and do not act like what you think is a certainty.
    I agree with most of the thread and esp on shisui being in root i am not sure on him willingly giving danzo his eye but you do bring up a good point.
    Thanks a lot!
    Well, the original Japanese quote of Itachi was something along the lines of ''Shisui's other eye was already in the possesion of Danzo.'' and he never mentioned it being taken by force. Besides, if Shisui was indeed a member of Root it would mean that he was already willing to sacrifice everything for his cause, as he did. Meh, I really don't know...
    Actually when you think of it, ensuring that Itachi got his other eye kind of indicates that even if he was on good terms with Danzo and a member of Root, he didn't trust him fully. Itachi was his backup plan, the one he entirely trusted, in case things went awry.
    But on the other hand, if he didn't willingly give his eye to Danzo, how did he escape? How was he still alive?
    Unfortunately we can only speculate from now on, I don't see Kishi revealing anything else about these guys... Hey! Maybe a new databook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kichiro Fujimoto View Post
    I think Obito awaken his Shanringan seeing the death of Rin (the first option). And |LOL| about the Dumbledore part.
    Might be, but as I mentioned above, that scenario is like a plot hax, which I'm not very fond of. :shrug:
    Anyways, thanks for the input!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrex View Post
    Wow.. I actually like your theory and it makes perfect sense. It would also be a curve ball that would've been hard to predict.
    + Rep. Great thread
    Haha, thanks to you too!
    Well, it actually doesn't change anything if it turns out to be true or not. I just like to speculate about such insignificant plot details. It's fun.

Last edited by Kirin Rei; 10-06-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Bloody typo.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

can this thread be stickied and labeled "How a speculation thread SHOULD be written"

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good analysis. I agree with your conclusion, but there's still one part that isn't clear: when exactly did Itachi get his MS? Chap. 223 suggests he had it well before the massacre:

Maybe he killed someone else. Or maybe he got it just by witnessing Shisui's suicide. Anywho, I'm not entirely convinced Itachi wasn't lying when he said you had to kill your closest friend; sure, that'll do it, but there are other ways.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Good analysis. I agree with your conclusion, but there's still one part that isn't clear: when exactly did Itachi get his MS? Chap. 223 suggests he had it well before the massacre:

Maybe he killed someone else. Or maybe he got it just by witnessing Shisui's suicide. Anywho, I'm not entirely convinced Itachi wasn't lying when he said you had to kill your closest friend; sure, that'll do it, but there are other ways.
    Hahaha yeah, good point. I hadn't thought that through.
    But now that I do, two things come to mind.

One; taking part in Shisui's death.
    Lookie here.

It was a rumour amongst the Uchiha that Itachi had killed Shisui and forged his suicide note, but what Itachi reveals in chapter 550 is that Shisui was willing all along. Itachi only helped him along.

So Itachi did actually take part in the death of Shisui. We don't know if he actually killed him or not, but I think we have to take the possibility into account. :shrug:

Shisui's body was found in the Naka river, if you look closely at the top two panels, they're in front of that river at the time.

Fun fact, Shisui's name means dead water.
    It's never written with any kanji, only hiragana, so if we try to use any kanji in his name we come up with two different meanings.

シスイ (Shisui) is how it's written in the manga.

With kanji it can either be;
    死水 (shisui) -> 死 (shi) means death and 水 (mizu or sui) means water.
    Or;
    止水 (shisui) -> 止水 (tome or shi) means stationary and 水 (mizu or sui) again means water.

Anyways, two; Itachi most probably was a member of Root.
    Killing the Uchiha clan was his mission. He was on close terms with Danzo, he was spying for him. Actually he was a double agent but had to make a choice.

So, Itachi too might have been forced to kill his friend from his training days. :shrug:

All matters aside, I think that Itachi has so much blood on his hands that it's not unimaginable for him to have awakened his MS during a point before the Massacre.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's a really good theory, although I doubt the connection between Obito and Madara was strong enough to vouch for the former being able to unlock the Mangekyou Sharingan via such means. Sure, Obito owed his life to Madara, though there was hardly (with what we've seen) a relationship on a personal level (unlike Sasuke/Itachi or *Itachi/Shisui, for example). It was just like "Thanks for saving me, whatevz, i'm out old man".

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^This is the end^

what puzzle s me is that how did he gain ems, it is said "exhange of eyes can only be done between siblings" so obito had to have brother or sister, which he killed during massacre of uchiha

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

MS can be awakened by a very traumatic experience.

Sasuke have not awakened MS when Itachi died in front of him. His MS awakened when he knew the true story behind the massacre done by Itachi. It's the trauma that will awaken the MS.

Even if Obito haven't witnessed Rin's death, but he heard the news of her death, he could awaken the MS.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^This is the end^

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchibaby View Post
    MS can be awakened by a very traumatic experience.

Sasuke have not awakened MS when Itachi died in front of him. His MS awakened when he knew the true story behind the massacre done by Itachi. It's the trauma that will awaken the MS.

Even if Obito haven't witnessed Rin's death, but he heard the news of her death, he could awaken the MS.
    no, that's just speculation gaining mangekyo follow set of rules you have to kill and feel the pain of losing that person, kind of cursed way to obtain power completely opposite of senju. but what comes who did obito kill?? rin? bullshit i can prove it check last page of new chapter. lol ... was it madara like thread maker believe mm.. very possible kind of same way what itachi and shisui did it's clear madara mean world to obito and vice versa they respect each other.

what i think happened is obito did kill his sister and stole his eye prior to massacre since itachi did say obito managed to slip over uchiha defence and that is s/t tech so he did have mangekyo even back then

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The initial premise for you theory is wrong, you can awaken MS by the experience of a persons death, you don't have to kill him. Itachi said that while he was acting cause he didn't want sasuke to be like him.. Also Itachi didn't kill shisui, he committed suicide and Itachi saw it, which made him awaken the eyes.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^This is the end^

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    The initial premise for you theory is wrong, you can awaken MS by the experience of a persons death, you don't have to kill him. Itachi said that while he was acting cause he didn't want sasuke to be like him.. Also Itachi didn't kill shisui, he committed suicide and Itachi saw it, which made him awaken the eyes.
    did u say that to me ? btw i don't know what initial premise means but i assume this fly my initial premise is right itachi did say shisui committed suicide but that is just way to say something what truly transpired is mystery but "suicide" don't mean he stab himself to head, i assume they we're in agreement how he die and what makes it suicide is shisui wanted/let die and left that burden to itachi, and itachi make sure shisui body will never be found probably first time when he used amaterasu, no matter what words itachi used he killed shisui with his own hands.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgelius View Post
    what puzzle s me is that how did he gain ems, it is said "exhange of eyes can only be done between siblings" so obito had to have brother or sister, which he killed during massacre of uchiha
    Actually, I doubt Tobi has EMS.
    He still has the same MS pattern as Kakashi and we've clearly seen that Sharingan patterns change when upgraded from MS to EMS.
    Here's the difference between Sasuke's MS and EMS as an example.

Meh, maybe the reason his eyesight didn't deteriorate to the extreme was because of his Hashi cells.
    That was how Danzo's Shisui MS activation time was explained. :shrug:
    Kishi seems to have a way to weave through this kind of stuff.

The ultimate answer to everything in Narutoverse: HASHI CELLS!
    Now, where was that said in the manga?

There are still some unclarified parts regarding the awakening of MS and we're speculating on them here.

It's never said that Itachi saw Shisui commit suicide. Itachi says that he ''helped him with his plan''...
    We don't know what he did, the only thing we're certain is that he was involved in it.

So please refrain from claiming that a speculation is a fact.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^This is the end^

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/600/12 wait a second Rei isn't that ems desing ? and http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/475/8 seems like hes eye sight hasn't deteriorate at all infact after reading that i speculated even back then that he has ems, and anyway he's s/t tech is mangekyo doujutsu right..? he use it all the time that's only possible with ems,

that leave me few questions too can it be regular sharingan skill? phasing moving instantly etc coz madara said obito survive that rock like miracle like he managed to escape the rock or something and he's sharingan was active but it doesn't make sense that it's hes special regular sharingan skill.. sure people has learn using st tech's without sharingan but its said that tobi is way better at s/t than minato and nidaime combined.. ems just make sense

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgelius View Post
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/600/12 wait a second Rei isn't that ems desing ? and http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/475/8 seems like hes eye sight hasn't deteriorate at all infact after reading that i speculated even back then that he has ems, and anyway he's s/t tech is mangekyo doujutsu right..? he use it all the time that's only possible with ems,

that leave me few questions too can it be regular sharingan skill? phasing moving instantly etc coz madara said obito survive that rock like miracle like he managed to escape the rock or something and he's sharingan was active but it doesn't make sense that it's hes special regular sharingan skill.. sure people has learn using st tech's without sharingan but its said that tobi is way better at s/t than minato and nidaime combined.. ems just make sense
    Nah, sorry, but it's just regular MS. Or Kakashi somehow turned his MS into EMS too. :shrug:

But the more I think the more I'm leaning towards believing that his ability to spam his jutsu has something to do with the Hashi DNA he has.
    Lookie here, Kishi has been throwing hints about his plot hax; HASHI DNA!

You can't go wrong with HASHI DNA!

Now at your local market and/or anywhere you can get in touch with Oro.

HASHI DNA!

Don't miss it!

HASHI DNA!

For further info call 099 H-A-S-H-I

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin Rei View Post

Now, where was that said in the manga?

There are still some unclarified parts regarding the awakening of MS and we're speculating on them here.

It's never said that Itachi saw Shisui commit suicide. Itachi says that he ''helped him with his plan''...
    We don't know what he did, the only thing we're certain is that he was involved in it.

So please refrain from claiming that a speculation is a fact.
    Well it may not be said directly, but then lets do this in another way. Do you think a person like shisui would kill his closest friend for his own selfishness? Besides you can take a look at this:

Itachi says: "he asked me to hide its existence and then died silently", if he killed him, wouldn't he just say that he killed him?

Besides you base your theory on facts that Itachi said when he was obviously lying. First of all Itachi says he forged the suicide note, but why on earth would he need to do that when shisui was actually making plans with itachi? So that had to be a lie, so how can we trust the rest? Judging from what he says it seem a lot more likely that itachi didn't kill him. He might have hidden his body though..

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well it may not be said directly, but then lets do this in another way. Do you think a person like shisui would kill his closest friend for his own selfishness? Besides you can take a look at this:
    Whoa, hold your horses for a second. We can't decide on what characters can/can't do solely depending on ''oh look at those puppy like eyes, how could this person do such a thing'' kind of thinking.

Nagato was portrayed as an arsehole and the main boss for a while, he ended up reviving all of Konoha, betraying the cause he was working on for decades and in the process, sacrificing himself.

We all viewed Obito as the Naruto who unfortunately died. He was the turning point for Kakashi and risked his life for his comrades and actually gave his life (kind of, he was dead meat if Madara hadn't found him) in order to save Kakashi. Now look at him, he slaughtered the Uchiha, slaughtered a bunch of other people during Kurama's attack, broke Torune's neck without even hesitating just so Kabuto could demonstrate a jutsu, yada yada and is currently wreaking havoc on Narutoverse.

Any more examples?

Hmm, Itachi who was portrayed as a bad*ss mofo with no emotions turned out to be a weird kind of hero who saved Konoha from war and sacrificed himself while doing so.

Oh, let's not forget Kakashi!
    A week ago I would have stabbed someone in the eye with a rusty fork if anyone would have accused him of killing a comrade. We're still not sure about what's going on yet but at the moment he has his arm through Rin's left boob.

I'm not saying that Shisui went out and murdered his friend willingly just so he could gain a better set of eyes, I'm just saying that him killing a friend isn't out of the question, whatever his motives were.
    He was a part of ANBU, I have reason to suspect Root too. Which requires you kill your partner before you get accepted.

Besides, we don't know anything about him. He's just a character we know due to stories others told. It's not like we knew him or he got any panels in the manga or anything. All we've seen him in are flashbacks.

As a last addition, we've seen many people change in the manga. Kakashi went from an utter arsehole to a guy that sacrificed himself so Chouji could get a message across. Same goes for Nagato, Konan, Sasori and countless other characters. They go from good to bad too.

Fuu and Torune were loyal and righteous comrades who apparently cared for each other, but the fact remains that they did kill their friends to get accepted into Root. :shrug:

Itachi says: "he asked me to hide its existence and then died silently", if he killed him, wouldn't he just say that he killed him?
    Not necessarily. Why should he?
    By the way, the English translation is a little off.

In the original Japanese Itachi says; ... He died to hide the existence of his eye... To prevent another conflict over it... There's nothing about Danzo taking one, although it's certain that he did. After that quote Itachi skippes to the Sasuke part where he says ''I left Sasuke behind and now he's a threat to the village.'' he's comparing Sasuke to Shisui's eye and how he brought trouble.

Anyways, back to the topic.

This panel is from just moments before Shisui's death. That's the Naka river behind Shisui. Itachi was there. Shisui died in front of him. We don't know what happened there but the fact remains that Shisui died right after giving Itachi his eye, without changing locations.
    Shisui wanted to die, it was his plan. If Itachi aided him in doing so that wouldn't mean that he committed a heinous murder. It would mean that he helped Shisui achieve his goal. So it's perfectly fine to speculate.

Besides you base your theory on facts that Itachi said when he was obviously lying. First of all Itachi says he forged the suicide note, but why on earth would he need to do that when shisui was actually making plans with itachi? So that had to be a lie, so how can we trust the rest? Judging from what he says it seem a lot more likely that itachi didn't kill him. He might have hidden his body though..
    Although I admit that we must take the quotes of characters like Tobi and Itachi with a grain of salt, we can't label everything they say as lies just because some of them supposedly are.

By the way, Shisui's body was found. It was meant to be found, that's why they made it so that people would think he crushed his eyes.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^This is the end^

itachi sickness shame he didn't have bottle of hashi bone marrow D: but back to topic yeah just now i discovered that obito don't have ems desing.. also he spoke about power of "real kamui" so maybe eye sight is fine coz he hasn't USEd ms that often. S/T must be just regular sharingan technique yeaH i know i know about hundred reasons why this must be false

or maybe that is possible through hashi cells yet again :D nidaime was great space time tech wielder and he was senju idk sometime i feel kishi needs more time to work details of each chapter since big picture is bit confusing

i forgot most wierd thing!! it was obito who freed nine tails and TAMED him i allways assumed this can only be done with ems,

sage did fight juubi and he had red rinnegan, power scale was totally different that of the bijuus,
    cursed uchiha have lineage sharingan which comes straight from sage
    sage is known to create and controll tailed beast's
    Madara with most perfect form of sharingan could controll fox with taming genjutsu which sasuke can do now as well
    hashirama is said to control bijuus like pets
    madara + hashirama = blue "imperfect" rinnegan since he awakened it himself power it holds is unreal
    obito was able to use madara rinnegan to control simultionely 6 beast

taming kyuubi can't be done with regular sharingan sure i admit in uchiha stone monument was written that mangekyo is required for this but i believe ems is necessary

Last edited by jorgelius; 10-08-2012 at 03:37 AM.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

No it was awaken by Rins death in my opinion

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin Rei View Post
    Hahaha yeah, good point. I hadn't thought that through.
    But now that I do, two things come to mind.

One; taking part in Shisui's death. ...
    It was a rumour amongst the Uchiha that Itachi had killed Shisui and forged his suicide note, but what Itachi reveals in chapter 550 is that Shisui was willing all along. Itachi only helped him along.

So Itachi did actually take part in the death of Shisui. We don't know if he actually killed him or not, but I think we have to take the possibility into account. :shrug:
    Anyways, two; Itachi most probably was a member of Root.
    Killing the Uchiha clan was his mission. He was on close terms with Danzo, he was spying for him. Actually he was a double agent but had to make a choice.

So, Itachi too might have been forced to kill his friend from his training days. :shrug:

All matters aside, I think that Itachi has so much blood on his hands that it's not unimaginable for him to have awakened his MS during a point before the Massacre.
    Good enough for me. I'm convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by hokageofthehiddenhemp View Post
    No it was awaken by Rins death in my opinion
    Maybe, but doubtful, imo. Even if one could obtain MS without killing someone, Obito currently only has a 2-tomoe sharingan, and it's unlikely that such a sharingan could suddenly evolve to MS. Most likely, Rin's death will result in Obito obtaining the 3rd tomoe. Then again, if the "evidence" points one way, Kishi will probably do the opposite, so who knows?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»