Page 6 of 7 « First ... 234567 Last»
Results 126 to 150 of 153
  1. #126
    Academy Student MonkeySage's Avatar
    Status
    MonkeySage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Wayne goes hard in his own type of rap, which is rap with very little meaning.. Dont hate wayne though because no matter how trash he sounds hes done it, but there is no such thing as best rapper alive.. anyway TDE!!! Black hippie!
     
         

  2. #127
    Member Encon Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Encon Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Here are songs you should listen to if you want to hear some meaningful shit from Lil Wayne
    My Generation (One of my favorite Lil Wayne verses)
    Something You Forgot (One of my favorite Wayne songs)
    Hustler Musik
    Georgia Bush
    Misunderstood
    How To Love
    Mirror
    Miss My Dawgs
    Tie My Hands
    Pray To the Lord
    Cry Out
    There are PLENTY of others. The majority of people that says "Lil Wayne is terrible", "He ruined hip hop", etc., don't know what there talking about. They base there opinions on his radio hits, not knowing nothing about the other stuff he puts out. But i commend you for not being completely ignorant, and actually try listening then giving your opinion.
    omg im so glad i found a real Wayne fan here , if anyone wants,i created a "The Best of Lil Wayne" album which contains about 70 songs from 2004-2011 of his best work. Im prolly the biggest wayne fan and have all his 1500+ songs...jus hit me up guys. If you want more meaningful verses then i got em all,if u want pure rapping lyrical ability i got em all.

    Lil Wayne and Eminem are my fav artists,but in rapping ability i put Eminem above anyone,he is a lyrical God. But i like Weezy better cuz of his diversity,and yes he was a formidable rapper before 2009.

    btw the reason many people dont hear his best work is because tehy were never released on any album or mixtape.

    Quote Originally Posted by EYES OF ITACHI View Post
    eminem crushes lil wayne...dont get me wrong though lil wayne is nice....the dedication 4 is one of the hardest mix tapes this year....but when he's against or compared to other great rappers like kanye, j cole, jay z, etc he falls short imo.
    0.o im one if the biggest Wayne fans ever and i dont like that mixtape that much...lolol if you think thats great check out "Da Drought 3" or "No Ceilings" my fav mixtapes. Classics. Kanye West isnt a better rapper than Wayne. im also a big fan of Yeezy but he isnt better. Jay-Z and Eminem yes. J Cole....same level.
     
         
    Last edited by Encon Uchiha; 10-08-2012 at 06:16 PM.

  3. #128
    Member
    Status
    Dann is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    I think Wayne isn't at his climax anymore, he is in the PROCESS of falling off. You know what I mean? I mean, he still has skill of course, but I think he's slowly growing into somebody that we used to know (no pun intended). If you ask me, my hands down best rapper alive would be Cassidy because he spits a lot better than these fools in the mainstream and he refuses to be a puppet. Just look at his freestyles and songs, he's a straight up rapper and nothing else.
     
         

  4. #129
    Member Encon Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Encon Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    I think Wayne isn't at his climax anymore, he is in the PROCESS of falling off. You know what I mean? I mean, he still has skill of course, but I think he's slowly growing into somebody that we used to know (no pun intended). If you ask me, my hands down best rapper alive would be Cassidy because he spits a lot better than these fools in the mainstream and he refuses to be a puppet. Just look at his freestyles and songs, he's a straight up rapper and nothing else.
    He already fell off in 2010. WHy? ill give you 2 big reasons.

    1.No motivation

    When Jay-Z left the game in 04, Wayne saw this as a chance to claim the crown.He self-proclaimed himself "The Best rapper alive since the best rapper retired". He was hungry for teh crown and released the album that got him real buzz ,Tha Carter I. Then Tha Carter II came and now people knew Wayne had fire, and Jay-Z came back and Weezy got pissed cuz he thought he was gonna steal his spot. But he kept goin and then released hundreds of songs and features between 06-07 and he killed them ALL. (ill send you them if you want) then he released the album that got him stardom , Tha Carter III. he did it. He reached the pinnacle of rap. Everybody loved him and he realized that he has now conquered rap and wanted to experiment and went to rock music. This is the moment he lost his motivation. People began to doubt his ability with rap now and to prove them that he still had fire he released "No Cielings" one of his best pieces of work. So he still had the motivation to keep his title..then came jail...after he came out he wasnt the same anymore. He didnt try his hardest on songs and lost his motivation. He lost his love for music and that love moved to skatboarding. His heart isnt in music anymore,its in skateboarding and thats why he isnt like how he was in his prime.

    2. Weed.
    yes this drug actually affects his rapping ability. He was way more creative and clever with his rhymes when he was on weed.After jail,he cant do drugs for 3 years and thats another reason why hes not how he was.It gave him the spark.Many people think its also the syrup or promethazine he took but no,that only made his voice croaky and his flow slowed down. Proof that it doesnt affect his rapping ability is No Celings. He quit Syrup before recordig thta mixtape and he still had the creatiity and fire he had when he was sippin syrup.

    Until he gets his love for music back or he gets back on weed,he wont ever be as good as himself in his prime.
     
         

  5. #130
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by Encon Uchiha View Post
    omg im so glad i found a real Wayne fan here , if anyone wants,i created a "The Best of Lil Wayne" album which contains about 70 songs from 2004-2011 of his best work. Im prolly the biggest wayne fan and have all his 1500+ songs...jus hit me up guys. If you want more meaningful verses then i got em all,if u want pure rapping lyrical ability i got em all.

    Lil Wayne and Eminem are my fav artists,but in rapping ability i put Eminem above anyone,he is a lyrical God. But i like Weezy better cuz of his diversity,and yes he was a formidable rapper before 2009.

    btw the reason many people dont hear his best work is because tehy were never released on any album or mixtape.



    0.o im one if the biggest Wayne fans ever and i dont like that mixtape that much...lolol if you think thats great check out "Da Drought 3" or "No Ceilings" my fav mixtapes. Classics. Kanye West isnt a better rapper than Wayne. im also a big fan of Yeezy but he isnt better. Jay-Z and Eminem yes. J Cole....same level.
    Ehh, i'm not nearly as close as the Wayne fan i used to be. The Lil Wayne, that used to be my favorite rapper, is not the same Lil Wayne that is currently putting out music. He's "Tunechi" now. Dedication 4 was Okay, and was indeed better then that terrible Sorry For The Wait bullsh*t he put out before C4, but still doesn't compare to No Ceilings and Da Droughts. He just isn't the same anymore, and that goes for his whole record label. I used to be a HUGE Tyga fan, but he fell off to, but thats a whole other story.

    Hopefully his next album coming out, I Am Not A Human Being 2, proves me wrong. With the 2 singles currently out, it seems like its going to be the same sh*t all over again.

    I'm currently really into Wale, Meek Mill, Ace Hood (Very underrated), Pusha T, and Kendrick Lamar.
     
         

  6. #131
    Member Encon Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Encon Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Ehh, i'm not nearly as close as the Wayne fan i used to be. The Lil Wayne, that used to be my favorite rapper, is not the same Lil Wayne that is currently putting out music. He's "Tunechi" now. Dedication 4 was Okay, and was indeed better then that terrible Sorry For The Wait bullsh*t he put out before C4, but still doesn't compare to No Ceilings and Da Droughts. He just isn't the same anymore, and that goes for his whole record label. I used to be a HUGE Tyga fan, but he fell off to, but thats a whole other story.

    Hopefully his next album coming out, I Am Not A Human Being 2, proves me wrong. With the 2 singles currently out, it seems like its going to be the same sh*t all over again.

    I'm currently really into Wale, Meek Mill, Ace Hood (Very underrated), Pusha T, and Kendrick Lamar.
    i also hate Tunechi bro,your not the only one. I havnt bumped anything of his 2012 work,although he put out a few gems like "banana clips" feature, and "born stunna remix' feature. I HATE "My Homies Still" and i only like the hook of "No Worries" and i have no hope for his future albums after Dedication 4. It was an okay mixtape but not what i was expecting from Wayne...Tunechi sucks.
    Im gettin into J Cole and im listenin to other genres right now. I also created my Best of Lil Wayne album and i jus bump that,most of it is 2007 songs lol ,if u want ill send u the download link from my mediafire acount and u can jus bump to the nostalgia
     
         

  7. #132
    Senior Member badoera's Avatar
    Status
    badoera is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    If ur talking about great rappers then at least talk about

    Eminem

    Tupac

    Ice Cube

    Snoop Dogg

    Xzibit

    Busta Rhymes (in his old days)

    Dr Dre

    Eazy E

    etc

    I don't say lil wayne is crap tho .. he has some crazy lyrics once in a while which i like a lot but overal its just moneytalk
     
         

  8. #133
    Member Encon Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Encon Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by badoera View Post
    If ur talking about great rappers then at least talk about

    Eminem
    Tupac
    Ice Cube
    Snoop Dogg
    Xzibit
    Busta Rhymes (in his old days)

    Dr Dre
    Eazy E

    etc

    I don't say lil wayne is crap tho .. he has some crazy lyrics once in a while which i like a lot but overal its just moneytalk
    bolded are my favs, i have evry 2Pac and Eminem song , italized are ones i bump to ...looks like you listen to hood rappers...check out Tha Carter II, it would fit your taste

    never got into Eazy E, never had the time actually :o
     
         

  9. #134
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by Encon Uchiha View Post
    i also hate Tunechi bro,your not the only one. I havnt bumped anything of his 2012 work,although he put out a few gems like "banana clips" feature, and "born stunna remix' feature. I HATE "My Homies Still" and i only like the hook of "No Worries" and i have no hope for his future albums after Dedication 4. It was an okay mixtape but not what i was expecting from Wayne...Tunechi sucks.
    Im gettin into J Cole and im listenin to other genres right now. I also created my Best of Lil Wayne album and i jus bump that,most of it is 2007 songs lol ,if u want ill send u the download link from my mediafire acount and u can jus bump to the nostalgia
    @ Bold, its really funny, i 100% agree with everything there. It like you took the words out of my mouth and typed it out. I don't understand why he went so hard on a song with Gunplay that will not get very much attention. My Homies Still sucks, and the hook on No Worries is pretty much the only thing i like about it.
    And no need for the download link man, if those are all of Waynes best songs then im sure i have the majority of them already
     
         

  10. #135
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Den Haag
    Posts
    5,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Lil Wayne

    I've never liked Wayne. EVER. I think old school hip-hop is the best. My opinion obviously, but I'm not close minded saying I hate all new music, I love Wiz Khalifa (waiting to be flamed) and people only know him by Black and Yellow, but I guess I can say that I can only know Lil Wayne from his crappy stuff.

    But he really cannot think lyrics on the spot or even have pre-written bars ready : XI
     
         

  11. #136
    Senior Member gameove's Avatar
    Status
    gameove is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,832
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    you all better watch dissing little wayne like that . he'll fuuck around and do sum heavy drugs and bust all u good music ,mayback chumps out the water .
     
         

  12. #137
    Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    eyesofthekyuubi44 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A-Town, MI
    Posts
    3,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    This is one of those types of threads were people try to act like they have an "educated" view of hip-hop by listing rappers they probably only have on their iPhones or some shit like Del the Funkee Homosapien, Atmosphere, Chino XL, Saigon, Nas etc.

    People mention things like "Tupac, Biggie, old Busta, etc".

    Or claim they only listen to "old school".

    While I like the above, I enjoy new shit just as much. Lil Wayne isn't my favorite. I like some shit, but I like Drake more.
     
         
    Last edited by eyesofthekyuubi44; 10-08-2012 at 08:06 PM.

  13. #138
    Life of Monday's a banned cartoon's Avatar
    Status
    a banned cartoon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On my couch.
    Posts
    2,033
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cooler than the other side of
    the pillow!
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinraRengan View Post
    I know nowadays everyone hates Lil Wayne except a few, don't get me wrong he fell off but he doesn't suck. He's just a decent rapper now, but 4-7 years ago when he made Carter II, Carter III, and Da Droughts/Dedication mixtapes, would you say he was the best rapper alive at that point? I would.
    You kids these days. Go listen to some Immortal Technique, or some Wu-Tang so yo can actually get your mind right.
     
         

  14. #139
    The Budmaster Bud Weekley's Avatar
    Status
    Bud Weekley is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    You people are stupid af if you think wayne doesn't do drugs because he's on probation!!
     
         

  15. #140
    Life of Monday's a banned cartoon's Avatar
    Status
    a banned cartoon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On my couch.
    Posts
    2,033
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cooler than the other side of
    the pillow!
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekuru View Post
    I've never liked Wayne. EVER. I think old school hip-hop is the best. My opinion obviously, but I'm not close minded saying I hate all new music, I love Wiz Khalifa (waiting to be flamed) and people only know him by Black and Yellow, but I guess I can say that I can only know Lil Wayne from his crappy stuff.

    But he really cannot think lyrics on the spot or even have pre-written bars ready : XI
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Weekley View Post
    You people are stupid af if you think wayne doesn't do drugs because he's on probation!!
    Hey there bud speak for yourself.
     
         

  16. #141
    Life of Monday's a banned cartoon's Avatar
    Status
    a banned cartoon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On my couch.
    Posts
    2,033
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cooler than the other side of
    the pillow!
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    The name Lil Wayne is retarded in itself so dont make me even talk about the things he says.
     
         

  17. #142
    Member SoundBar's Avatar
    Status
    SoundBar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Standing in line to see the
    show tonight and there's a
    light on...
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Wayne was never one of my favorite rappers, he has always been garbage to me, but shit hit the fan after the Carter 3, he just became pure trash, 100 percent cows manure, and it has proven so since then. He is now just a puppet, and it's kind of sad. He doesn't make music for himself or the fans anymore, he just makes music for the money, putting out anything the industry tells him to, he has no mind of his own. I wouldn't be surprised if they made him come out with a Barney sing a long mixtape smdh

    I've always been more into conscious rap, people like Naz, Lupe, Immortal, and more recently Kendric. I don't really scrutinize the rap game because I know music is forever changing, and a lot of people don't like change and we have to accept that, but sometimes I don't agree with what is put out on the radio for children to hear vs other great conceptual music that gets shown no love at all, I think it's just backwards.
     
         

  18. #143
    ���Leaf ANBU��� Xerotes's Avatar
    Status
    Xerotes is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan
    Posts
    1,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Be extremely subtle,
    even to the point of
    formlessness. Be extremely
    mysterious, even to the point
    of soundlessness. Thereby you
    can be the director of the
    opponent's fate... "
    -Sun Tzu
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Lets just say I'm glad that ***** retired.
     
         

  19. #144
    Life of Monday's a banned cartoon's Avatar
    Status
    a banned cartoon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On my couch.
    Posts
    2,033
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cooler than the other side of
    the pillow!
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    This is one of those types of threads were people try to act like they have an "educated" view of hip-hop by listing rappers they probably only have on their iPhones or some shit like Del the Funkee Homosapien, Atmosphere, Chino XL, Saigon, Nas etc.

    People mention things like "Tupac, Biggie, old Busta, etc".
    Or claim they only listen to "old school". ,
    While I like the above, I enjoy new shit just as much. Lil Wayne isn't my favorite. I like some shit, but I like Drake more.
    I definitely know more about good rap than you. I can tell that just by the things you say on your posts. Stop listening to Ludacris, and go listen to some Dr. Octagon if you even know who he is. Insire knowledge, for your mind is always the sharpest weapon.
     
         

  20. #145
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    This is one of those types of threads were people try to act like they have an "educated" view of hip-hop by listing rappers they probably only have on their iPhones or some shit like Del the Funkee Homosapien, Atmosphere, Chino XL, Saigon, Nas etc.

    People mention things like "Tupac, Biggie, old Busta, etc".

    Or claim they only listen to "old school".

    While I like the above, I enjoy new shit just as much. Lil Wayne isn't my favorite. I like some shit, but I like Drake more.
    this is so true.
     
         

  21. #146
    Senior Member jiraiya lives's Avatar
    Status
    jiraiya lives is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    3,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..............................
    ...........
    ..............................
    ....................
    ..............................
    ....................
    ..............................
    ....................
    ..............................
    ....................
    ..........
     

     
         

  22. #147
    Member Encon Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Encon Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by a banned cartoon View Post
    You kids these days. Go listen to some Immortal Technique, or some Wu-Tang so yo can actually get your mind right.
    you know not everyone wants to just listen to conscious rap. Music is entertainment,its meant to be entertaining,not boring as ****. Thats why i like some trap rappers because they are entertaining and when i wanna jus chill then i listen to Nas or old school Pac. After all ,Music is a form of entertainment, not an educational tool.
    Go read a book if you wanna gain some knowledge. And the fact that you even dislike his name says that your just a blinded hater who wont change his views no matter what, Lil Wayne sounds better than Wu-Tang Clan. If someone never heard of either of them, they'd think Wu-Tang was some ancient afircan dance lmao ...get outta here with your ignorant self
     
         
    Last edited by Encon Uchiha; 10-08-2012 at 11:54 PM.

  23. #148
    Nephilm ShinraRengan's Avatar
    Status
    ShinraRengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Dark Twisted Fantasy
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taming Hatred
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by UnrealSoul View Post
    Hip Hop is dead....rap is dying.

    Their are only very few conscious, lyrical rappers left now. Their music won't be heard the way it's meant to be heard.

    CNN? They do operate on a global scale but what do you call their operation? Propaganda young minded one....

    Nas
    Tech n9ne
    Lupe Fiasco
    Eminem
    Hopsin
    Lowkey

    This list is pathetic because I should be able to name over 20 conscious lyrical rappers in today's game...but that list is far from ever being complete.

    R.I.P
    You forgot Kendrick Lamar and Earl Sweatshirt
     
         

  24. #149
    Nephilm ShinraRengan's Avatar
    Status
    ShinraRengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Dark Twisted Fantasy
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taming Hatred
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    This thread got way bigger than what I expected.
     
         

  25. #150
    op genin wutangforever's Avatar
    Status
    wutangforever is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    mars bro
    Posts
    479
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lil Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by Encon Uchiha View Post
    you know not everyone wants to just listen to conscious rap. Music is entertainment,its meant to be entertaining,not boring as ****. Thats why i like some trap rappers because they are entertaining and when i wanna jus chill then i listen to Nas or old school Pac. After all ,Music is a form of entertainment, not an educational tool.
    Go read a book if you wanna gain some knowledge. And the fact that you even dislike his name says that your just a blinded hater who wont change his views no matter what, Lil Wayne sounds better than Wu-Tang Clan. If someone never heard of either of them, they'd think Wu-Tang was some ancient afircan dance lmao ...get outta here with your ignorant self
    too far man now i know u know nothing about rap every rapper on the wu is better than lil wayne
     
         

Page 6 of 7 « First ... 234567 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •