Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

What is the True friendship?

What is the true friendship for you?
    Would you do anything you can to help your friend?
    Does friendship have limits for you?
    Does your "friend feels the same way" about you?
    "Include your age after answering these question, i do believe younger ones have more pure friendship"
    "and do not be shy if you are very young, i do want your thoughts as well"

Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: What is the True friendship?

True friendship for me is always having a good time obtaining a specific bond of sorts. Connecting with sadness, anger, happiness. Sure we may not agree on some topics, or bash about certain aspects. But true friends are their for each other, noble like the sun. Always shining brighter

Status

true friendship is rare and true friends r the one's u can be with in times of happiness and trouble!
    to some i guess! but it still depends on the situation!
    for me friendship should always have limits just like anything else..
    it's good to always tell ur friend if u feel bad about him/her but on a good way coz it strengthens ur bond!^^
    i guess only my best friends feels the same way about me and not all my friends ~that's why they're the best!
    :D

Last edited by Kyandii~; 10-08-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Status
    Jan 2012
    whipping tail and taking
    names!

true friendship is a complete understanding of each other. you know the in and outs of your friend and you still want to spend your day with them. it doesn't matter if it's to have fun or to just sit and do nothing. you deeply care for your friend just as you would your family, sometimes even more than your family. whenever you are with your best friend the day becomes the best day ever even if nothing amazing happens because you are with your best friend. that's the best friend as far as i can explain it.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Something.

What is the true friendship for you? Someone who you can spend time around them, without getting sick of each other, you trust each other heaps and you just do stupid shit together.
    Would you do anything you can to help your friend? I have four people in mind, who I would drop anything for if they needed help or anything...
    Does friendship have limits for you? Of course it does.
    Does your "friend feels the same way" about you? Well, I have more then on friend I feel this way about, I'd bloody hope so, but I think they do.
    Well, I'm 18 turning 19. I think I've found the friends, I want to keep in my life for a long time to come.

Bear fights can be grizzly saaaaaadpanda's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    A panda eats, shoots, and
    leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslyNO View Post
    "Include your age after answering these question, i do believe younger ones have more pure friendship"
    True friendship is about accepting and loving someone for everything they are and everything they aren't, shortcomings included.
    Yes, everything within reason.
    Friendships can end. If the other person changes in such a way that you don't mesh, then you're no longer friends, or at least not to the same degree.
    I would assume they do, but I cannot speak for them.
    I'm 21.

Status
    Apr 2011
    #panneverfails

Just being there for the person you care about. Simple, but effective. Enjoying and appreciating the moments you have, as well. People to laugh with and have a good time with. People who help you and you help them.

Yes, only if the help is in a positive light. I can't say I'd get a friend drugs or something.

Some perhaps, but I like to think no.

I'd hope so, but I always think I care more sometimes.

Status
    Won't be as active - learned
    that double standards doesn't
    stimulate my will to
    participate.

Hmm~
    I say there is no single nature of a friendship which I consider 'true', as I'm pretty sure it's different for everyone. It can feel 'true' but that's the end of it as I see it, it's only a definition in the end. Just as it is with 'Love', people throw around that word left and right without even bothering to find out what is really happening.
    I'd rather explain it as close and not-so-close friendships, in some you're ready to do more for your friend than in others, though the feeling of closeness is also a projection in the end. Also, as I'm not a seer, I can't say for sure how I'd react, though I'm approximating what could happen and how I want to react in possible scenarios.

Either way, it depends on whom it is and what has happened, I would do my best to help someone, even though it might mean they'd end up hating me, albeit I'd try to avoid that.

Yes, to me there are limits. I wouldn't kill for friendship, nor would I ever want to hurt, however if that is what was necessary in order to help, I'd do so as a last resort, trying everything else before. Is how I feel about it.

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure 'same' is quite difficult, I'd rather say they might feel similarly to what I do, not the same.

Age - 21.

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    True friendship for me is always having a good time obtaining a specific bond of sorts. Connecting with sadness, anger, happiness. Sure we may not agree on some topics, or bash about certain aspects. But true friends are their for each other, noble like the sun. Always shining brighter
    yeah that seems pure friendship, may i know your age as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetyhearty89 View Post
    true friendship is rare and true friends r the one's u can be with in times of happiness and trouble!
    to some i guess! but it still depends on the situation!
    for me friendship should always have limits just like anything else..
    it's good to always tell ur friend if u feel bad about him/her but on a good way coz it strengthens ur bond!^^
    i guess only my best friends feels the same way about me and not all my friends ~that's why they're the best!
    :D
    In younger ages, its not rare, but as much as we grow our friendships "we make" becomes more and more un-pure, sometimes even we forget what is a friend for, thanks for your opinion, but can you include your age as well plz?
    Quote Originally Posted by dm1202 View Post
    true friendship is a complete understanding of each other. you know the in and outs of your friend and you still want to spend your day with them. it doesn't matter if it's to have fun or to just sit and do nothing. you deeply care for your friend just as you would your family, sometimes even more than your family. whenever you are with your best friend the day becomes the best day ever even if nothing amazing happens because you are with your best friend. that's the best friend as far as i can explain it.
    In my younger ages, i did believe it "a friend is part of my family" thats how i care about them, now they are my old friends, but we dont feel the same way like back in old days about each other, and i dont blame them =) time changes/peoples changes, anyways can i know your age?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan. View Post
    What is the true friendship for you? Someone who you can spend time around them, without getting sick of each other, you trust each other heaps and you just do stupid shit together.
    Would you do anything you can to help your friend? I have four people in mind, who I would drop anything for if they needed help or anything...
    Does friendship have limits for you? Of course it does.
    Does your "friend feels the same way" about you? Well, I have more then on friend I feel this way about, I'd bloody hope so, but I think they do.
    Well, I'm 18 turning 19. I think I've found the friends, I want to keep in my life for a long time to come.
    yeah it means having an awesome time when you are together, actually that's more "real" words for a friendship, And i hope your friends feel the same! "Which im 99% sure they do "
    Quote Originally Posted by saaaaaadpanda View Post
    True friendship is about accepting and loving someone for everything they are and everything they aren't, shortcomings included.
    Yes, everything within reason.
    Friendships can end. If the other person changes in such a way that you don't mesh, then you're no longer friends, or at least not to the same degree.
    I would assume they do, but I cannot speak for them.
    I'm 21.
    Nice definition of true friendship, can your friendship end just like it with someone you knew for 10years? peoples changes in time, yet as you said it might not have the same degree, but you are still friends, here is the question, Will you be there to help him/her if he/she asks you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post

Just being there for the person you care about. Simple, but effective. Enjoying and appreciating the moments you have, as well. People to laugh with and have a good time with. People who help you and you help them.

Yes, only if the help is in a positive light. I can't say I'd get a friend drugs or something.

Some perhaps, but I like to think no.

I'd hope so, but I always think I care more sometimes.

You seems a good friend, i think your friends appreciates a friend like you
    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaBrat View Post
    Hmm~
    I say there is no single nature of a friendship which I consider 'true', as I'm pretty sure it's different for everyone. It can feel 'true' but that's the end of it as I see it, it's only a definition in the end. Just as it is with 'Love', people throw around that word left and right without even bothering to find out what is really happening.
    I'd rather explain it as close and not-so-close friendships, in some you're ready to do more for your friend than in others, though the feeling of closeness is also a projection in the end. Also, as I'm not a seer, I can't say for sure how I'd react, though I'm approximating what could happen and how I want to react in possible scenarios.

Either way, it depends on whom it is and what has happened, I would do my best to help someone, even though it might mean they'd end up hating me, albeit I'd try to avoid that.

Yes, to me there are limits. I wouldn't kill for friendship, nor would I ever want to hurt, however if that is what was necessary in order to help, I'd do so as a last resort, trying everything else before. Is how I feel about it.

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure 'same' is quite difficult, I'd rather say they might feel similarly to what I do, not the same.

Age - 21.
    Actually, in my age range or most peoples around me feels almost what you said, this is my own definition of friendship as well, But were you happier with your friendships 6-5 years ago or now? which ones were closer friendships?

---

Thank you all for telling your opinions, its all appreciated,

Last edited by SeriouslyNO; 10-08-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Status
    Won't be as active - learned
    that double standards doesn't
    stimulate my will to
    participate.

Actually, in my age range or most peoples around me feels almost what you said, this is my own definition of friendship as well, But were you happier with your friendships 6-5 years ago or now? which ones were closer friendships?
    Things are pretty much the same in those circles, my friends then are the same as now as I really didn't get very close to anyone in senior high school.
    I don't really ponder and compare like that, I treasure what I have now.