Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Mig Teaches Kenjutsu [Reborn]

*I balance my sword by the tip, on my nose to relieve my boredom as I wait for my Sensei.*

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Mig Teaches Kenjutsu [Reborn]

*appears like a boss like always*

tell me what you think Kenjutsu is (generally and in narutoverse) (you can use narutowiki or normal wiki if you want to, but no copy/paste and tell me if you used any of those)

and tell me at least 3 Kenjutsu users from Naruto (just no 7 Swordmen)

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

*Takes sword off my nose*

Kenjusu in a pure definition of the term is the Sword Arts. Techniques that require the use of a blade. Though there are techniques within the Basic Five elements that user swords as mediums for techniques or in someway otherwise, I still consider them Kenjutsu techniques (like wind techniques creating gusts of wind or sliching winds through blades as the medium and surging lightning through the blades with Raiton chakra). In terms of Kenjutsu in Real life, the most modern arts are of Kendo and Iado. In the RP I believe, those with Samurai bios learn Iado as a seprate entity while ninja only learn this cirriculum of sword techniques that don't fall into the category of Iado.

Iado specifically, to the best of my knowledge, teaches the smooth and swift release of the blade from the sheath in conjunction with swift slash or offensive movement as well as the re-sheathing (don't care if it's not a word) of the blade. I don't know how it works with Samurai bios here on the base but that's my basic knowledge of that perciular art.

Omoi, Karui, and Killer Bee of Kumogakure are three swordsmen from the series.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

good good, Y U NO MENTION SASUKE OR MIFUNE? nah, seriously, why didn't you mention Sasuke or Mifune?

so, eh, do you have any sword? CW sword would be awesome

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Sasuke is poop

Mifune slipped my mind but Mifune=bawsness. Mifune stomps every other kenjutsu user we've seen except maybe the swordsmen since they have crazy ass ninjutsu with their shiz.

I don't have a CW, just a standard Katana. I'm thinking of upgrading to some Chinese ones though like the Dao or Jian

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

what IS with people not having awesome swords as CWs?

ok, so take your katana and perform 100 shoulder strikes with your dominant hand on this dummy and than another 100 shoulder strikes with your non-dominant hand on the other rock dummy

*creates 2 rock dummy guys looking like Kankuro*

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

*gets the feeling sensei doesn't like Kankuro*

Alrighty then...

*I unsheath my katana from my back as you make the earth dummies for me to practice on. I place my right hand at the top of the handle with my left under towards the bottom. I lift the blade over my head slowly, lining myself up with the desired target, which is the shoulder of the dummies. I swing down vertically in a swift motion an hit the first dummy on his shoulder. I bring up my arm again over my head this time picking up the pace and I repeat this proceedure, getting quicker and more fluent with my movements each time until I'm completely comfortable.

after my count reaches 100, I head over to the next dummy, switching the positioning of my hands so that my left is now the controling hand and the right is underneath. I repeat the process I did with my right hand, bringing the blade above my head and swinging it down to my target. With my left being my non-dominent hand, it takes me longer to harmonize my motions and swiftness of my strikes, however I eventually begin to pick up pace after a few dozen strokes and upon my 100th strike I have a strong comfortability with my strikes.*

How's that sensei?

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i totally love Kankuro

YOU DESTROYED MY DUMMIES YOU IDIOTIC DUMMY

*calms down*

ok, so now i want you to strike my Stone Golem when you have sword in your right hand, than put it into your left hand and strike him again, than into right hand again and strike, back to left hand and strike again, this is important for you as swordman to be able to use both your hands with at least almost same effectiveness (spelling); btw, total of 200 strikes, 100 with each hand

*creates stone golem in form of Karin*

insert Stone Golem technique here

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Quote Originally Posted by Migualon J.J. View Post
    i totally love Kankuro

YOU DESTROYED MY DUMMIES YOU IDIOTIC DUMMY

*calms down*

ok, so now i want you to strike my Stone Golem when you have sword in your right hand, than put it into your left hand and strike him again, than into right hand again and strike, back to left hand and strike again, this is important for you as swordman to be able to use both your hands with at least almost same effectiveness (spelling); btw, total of 200 strikes, 100 with each hand

*creates stone golem in form of Karin*

insert Stone Golem technique here
    no need to be mean about it.

*After giving your instruction, I raise my katana with my right hand and I strike down with a single handed swing onto Karin's shoulder. After, I immediately switch my blade to my other hand and strike down with on the golem's other shoulder with my left. I gradually increase the pace, going from right to left, striking faster and re-drawing from the golem even faster, moving the sword between my left and right hands. At around 120 strikes, my movements with this exercise become extremely fluent, my arms strengthening and becoming more attuned to the weight and balance of the katana, until I reach my last strike with my left hand.*

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"Good good, let the Dark Side Kenjutsu Skill consume you :zonder:

ok, so now I want you to perform 100 sword thrusts with your right hand and than 100 sword thrusts with your left hand, it is pretty easy, you just build up pressure and than thrust your sword forward to impale my Golem"