Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Mar 2012
    You were always weird but I
    never had to hold you by the
    edges like I do now-

Yesterday's Presidential Debate

Quite surprised to see no one brought this up, but anyway.

We watched the debate in my university's Politics common room, and at the end, we kind of thought Romney was taking the lead, though Obama is still in my eyes the better of these two, given his position on homosexuals and other things that may appeal to the American public, though it depends really on where do the citizens stand but I like to believe they are being more open-minded than ever.I personally believe Romeny's (economic and general) plans and policies were a bit vague; Obama's were a bit more precise.

As a national of a country quite abused by USA, I am looking forward towards the coming foreign policy debate(s).

Your much appreciated views?

And anyone abstaining from voting ?

Status
    Apr 2012
    I've been searching
    everywhere, and I can't seem
    to find, Molly.

Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

I think Obama won. Romney didnt even really answer questions. And he had no excuse for the 47% thing

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Don't be surprised. We come to talk about manga and random crap, not politics.

Banned
    Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

i couldnt care less.....doesnt matter who gets in office everyone is still gonna get screwed bunch ppl running around acting like they care saying what they need to

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

I know what section, I'm just saying people don't come here for that too often. Don't get all booty tickled over something that wasn't even insulting in any way.

Status
    Apr 2011
    I'm worst at what I do best.

I only watched some of it because my Government class made me. I don't have much interest in politics since I can't vote anyway.

However, I felt this debate was kinda even. Both had points they got across. Romney seemed better prepared since Obama kinda stuttered sometimes and seemed like his thoughts were escaping him, however, Romney dodged some questions in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    You'll be surprised at how many people use the general discussion, I know plenty of people who only visite the Chatterbox and General discussion and fair enough I apologize for my rude behavior.
    What have you done to the real Wumbo? Give me my friend back!

You'll be surprised at how many people use the general discussion, I know plenty of people who only visite the Chatterbox and General discussion and fair enough I apologize for my rude behavior.

Last edited by Ira; 10-05-2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Multi posting

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    His apology came as a serious shoker

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

In what universe did Obama win that debate? He was less articulate and fed little more than, "I know what you're saying about your own campaign; however, despite my own failures to fulfill several of my promises, I know that you are wrong and are actually bad." Romney was more eloquent, he was the more forceful will on the stage, and he just plain has better economic qualifications during current conditions to become president. He has a better business and political background than Obama did when he was elected. Besides, Obama doesn't give two rats backsides about the rights of homosexuals; he's a manipulative career politician who just wants another four years to attempt to screw us over by making government larger and cementing his own position.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

So is Romney do you really think he's gonna keep his promises, he's gonna fck up just like Bush, Obamo and basically every president.
    You're basically voting for who fcks up the least.
    Which in my opinion would be Romney. Thank you for not changing that decision in the least.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Im not at all a fan on Romney's energy policy. as a student studying the environment (more specifically energy) this man is going to make it so i dont have an industry to get a job in

Destruction Incarnate adeshina365's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Sasuke still 2-0 against
    Naruto

I dislike homosexuals so if I was an American I would vote for Romney.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Well somebody needs a good buttfcking, I always say this once you go Wumbo you keep coming back to rumble.
    lmao. you apologize first and then you do this to someone else. is this step 2?

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Yes it is Step 2 was find a homophobe and make a homosexual joke about it. Step 3 is birth a baby Hippo...sooooo yeeeeeeaah.
    that's gonna be a tough one.

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

....:confused: Obama didn't say a single thing that showed intelligence above that of a puppet. Might as well have put someone's hand up his butt and made him talk. Romney pwned him from the beginning. Forget his stance on homosexuals, I couldn't give two shits about them, if they want freedom then let them fight their own battle just like everyone else has to.

I didn't watch the entire thing because it was over in the first few minutes. Romney slaughtered him wholesale; after 30 minutes there wasn't much left. If Romney doesn't win this thing, then the voting is rigged; either that or the US population is a lot dumber than I thought. Of course, that Futurama episode is also right. People don't vote for the person that makes sense...that would be the smart thing to do.

Last edited by Caliburn; 10-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    You were always weird but I
    never had to hold you by the
    edges like I do now-

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    ....:confused: Obama didn't say a single thing that showed intelligence above that of a puppet. Might as well have put someone's hand up his butt and made him talk. Romney pwned him from the beginning. Forget his stance on homosexuals, I couldn't give two shits about them, if they want freedom then let them fight their own battle just like everyone else has to.

I didn't watch the entire thing because it was over in the first few minutes. Romney slaughtered him wholesale; after 30 minutes there wasn't much left. If Romney doesn't win this thing, then the voting is rigged; either that or the US population is a lot dumber than I thought. Of course, that Futurama episode is also right. People don't vote for the person that makes sense...that would be the smart thing to do.
    Well, if their foreign affairs policies remain similar to some degree (Though I'm not entirely sure about Iran and Military cuts and so), then Romney likely has better chances.

I expect LGBT supporters who won't bother that much about the Economic policies and will not look deep into it will run after Obama. They are, however, 2-3% of the entire population.

I don't know much about the US citizens mentality; I know idiocy is present but probably not rising, some videos give me hope, but I'm not sure if they have deep insight into matters and do actually bother looking into what the candidates say. Enlightenment is badly needed, that's for sure.

So, nobody abstaining so far ? I asked two American friends and they seemed to have the mentality of "They both suck, but we'll choose the one that sucks the least" Which I see as entirely wrong.

Last edited by Caliburn; 10-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.

creatcher of night julia maltellak's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    itache uchiha ready for battle

obama won the debate yesterday

Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2011
    War. War Never Changes

I don't care how many die hard democrats are saying Obama won the debate (which isn't true). It's the most thing that's being said through out the U.S that Obama didn't do well.

Like I said on countless of sites:
    I found it funny how disconnected Obama was. He doesn't seem to be the same like when he was running for president.Romney made a lot of good points that I (struggling to find a job,etc) like,so Obama better step up otherwise I don't see him winning.

I'm glad people are starting to see that Obama plan isn't working and he isn't for the people,it's a shame people on NB are not seeing that at all

Liberals need a wake up call.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Whatever happens, last presidential election only had around 40% of eligible voters participating in the elections. Vote. (But be a good citizen too; do your homework and research all the issues thoroughly, from reliable sources.)

Status
    Feb 2010
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

Quote Originally Posted by I SploogedOnYou View Post
    I know what section, I'm just saying people don't come here for that too often. Don't get all booty tickled over something that wasn't even insulting in any way.
    You joined August 2012 and yet you speak for the rest? How so? :3

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

Obama seemed like he didn't believe in what he was saying. Romney on the other hand was very confident, and prepared for debate. I don't like both of them, because he uses term middle class, but if mitt is a much better choice. I'm voting for him.

Last edited by drknght; 10-05-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxic View Post
    They don't want special rights, if people in american weren't like you. 'Narrow minded bigots' this wouldn't be an issue. They only want the same rights and respect as you and me and anyone gets.
    Your name misleads me, makes me wonder if you're the same guy who said he wanted to become a mod and you speak this ill. There's a better way to word what you just said without being disrespectful.
    You seem to be losing your way.
    It's called "opinion". I was being rather kind in comparison to what I wanted to say. Maybe if homosexuals didn't flaunt themselves all the time and make a big stink, then people wouldn't care so much...ever thought of that? I have what's called "freedom of speech"...wait, darn it, I forgot, freedom of speech doesn't exist anymore...how could I be so stupid as to forget that.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

The homosexuals I know live a peaceful life and they still get sh*t thrown at them. Just like we have idiots in the straight society, there's also those in the gay one but it doesn't mean you should judge them all based on a few. And you have freedom of speech, but you're being prejudice not using 'freedom of speech' there's a difference. If you were talking about an object then it would be fine, but you're talking about PEOPLE here.
    Freedom of speech means that I have the right to speak my mind. End of story.

They also have the right to speak there minds, and I would never criticize anyone for that...it's every person's right.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Keep telling yourself that "it's just freedom of speech, not me being prejudice" don't be surprised when you get punched in the face one day.
    No point in arguing any further.
    [/CENTER]
    I didn't say I wasn't being prejudice, prejudicy is also freedom of speech. Nazis and the KKK have their rallys all the time, and while I disagree with them, it's still freedom of speech. Stop being ignorant.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    It's called "opinion". I was being rather kind in comparison to what I wanted to say. Maybe if homosexuals didn't flaunt themselves all the time and make a big stink, then people wouldn't care so much...ever thought of that? I have what's called "freedom of speech"...wait, darn it, I forgot, freedom of speech doesn't exist anymore...how could I be so stupid as to forget that.

What the hell did I just read? What? No ... Just ... no ...

Ok listen up, because I'm only going to say this once ST—

Life is hard when people hate you for the way that you love others. Think about that for a second — think about what it must be like to be HATED for the fact that you are attracted naturally to the sex that society hasn't sanctioned.

Think about what it would be like to be hated as much as you've thrown hatred at homosexuals on this thread for simply being strait.

Think about what it must be like, waking up every day a prisoner in side your own god damn body. Because you have feelings that people tell you your going to hell for feeling. For simply being attracted.

Imagine for a moment that your so scared that their right about Hell that you try and act the way that every one else acts only to feel like a fake and as if you have no self worth.

Think about what it must be like to wake up and not know the level to which you could get harassed or beaten simply because of the way you love.

— Just because of the way you love.

You say that homosexuals flaunt the way they feel? Try being gay in a strait world!!!

Do you know any one who got killed for being strait? See ST, I live in MN where the NW county of Anoka — watched over by Congress Woman Michele Bachmann BTW — has the largest percentage of High School kids killing themselves IN THE FUQING NATION because they don't want to face the world one more day SIMPLY because they were born LGBTQ.

Please, just think about what it must be like to be hated for the way you love.

Shame on you.

Last edited by ImmaculateShadow; 10-05-2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: IN THE FUQING NATION

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

It's not worth wasting time on telling him this. He will blow it off as freedom of speech and continue with his ignorance because it's easier to be ignorant than tolerant for people like him.
    — or empathy.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»