Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Yerrina's Avatar
    Status
    Yerrina is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    453
    Location
    Atacama
    You were always weird but I
    never had to hold you by the
    edges like I do now-
     

    Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quite surprised to see no one brought this up, but anyway.

    We watched the debate in my university's Politics common room, and at the end, we kind of thought Romney was taking the lead, though Obama is still in my eyes the better of these two, given his position on homosexuals and other things that may appeal to the American public, though it depends really on where do the citizens stand but I like to believe they are being more open-minded than ever.I personally believe Romeny's (economic and general) plans and policies were a bit vague; Obama's were a bit more precise.

    As a national of a country quite abused by USA, I am looking forward towards the coming foreign policy debate(s).

    Your much appreciated views?

    And anyone abstaining from voting ?
     
         

  2. #2
    Cursed Prince's Avatar
    Status
    Cursed Prince is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,988
    Location
    On NB trollin
    I've been searching
    everywhere, and I can't seem
    to find, Molly.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    I think Obama won. Romney didnt even really answer questions. And he had no excuse for the 47% thing
     
         

  3. #3
    Member
    Status
    I SploogedOnYou is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Don't be surprised. We come to talk about manga and random crap, not politics.
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    Mischeif Maker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,969
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    i couldnt care less.....doesnt matter who gets in office everyone is still gonna get screwed bunch ppl running around acting like they care saying what they need to
     
         

  5. #5
    Member
    Status
    I SploogedOnYou is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    I know what section, I'm just saying people don't come here for that too often. Don't get all booty tickled over something that wasn't even insulting in any way.
     
         

  6. #6
    Riker Slade's Avatar
    Status
    Riker Slade is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    34,135
    Location
    M.a.a.D City I run my n***a
    I'm worst at what I do best.
     

    I only watched some of it because my Government class made me. I don't have much interest in politics since I can't vote anyway.

    However, I felt this debate was kinda even. Both had points they got across. Romney seemed better prepared since Obama kinda stuttered sometimes and seemed like his thoughts were escaping him, however, Romney dodged some questions in my eyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    You'll be surprised at how many people use the general discussion, I know plenty of people who only visite the Chatterbox and General discussion and fair enough I apologize for my rude behavior.
    What have you done to the real Wumbo? Give me my friend back!

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    You'll be surprised at how many people use the general discussion, I know plenty of people who only visite the Chatterbox and General discussion and fair enough I apologize for my rude behavior.
    What have you done to the real Wumbo? Give me my friend back!
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 10-05-2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Multi posting

  7. #7
    Member kellzfresh's Avatar
    Status
    kellzfresh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    953
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    What have you done to the real Wumbo? Give me my friend back!
    His apology came as a serious shoker
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,638
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    In what universe did Obama win that debate? He was less articulate and fed little more than, "I know what you're saying about your own campaign; however, despite my own failures to fulfill several of my promises, I know that you are wrong and are actually bad." Romney was more eloquent, he was the more forceful will on the stage, and he just plain has better economic qualifications during current conditions to become president. He has a better business and political background than Obama did when he was elected. Besides, Obama doesn't give two rats backsides about the rights of homosexuals; he's a manipulative career politician who just wants another four years to attempt to screw us over by making government larger and cementing his own position.
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,638
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    So is Romney do you really think he's gonna keep his promises, he's gonna fck up just like Bush, Obamo and basically every president.
    You're basically voting for who fcks up the least.
    Which in my opinion would be Romney. Thank you for not changing that decision in the least.
     
         

  10. #10
    Member peteriscoo's Avatar
    Status
    peteriscoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    419
    Location
    College Bitches
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Im not at all a fan on Romney's energy policy. as a student studying the environment (more specifically energy) this man is going to make it so i dont have an industry to get a job in
     
         

  11. #11
    Destruction Incarnate adeshina365's Avatar
    Status
    adeshina365 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,677
    Location
    Canada
    Sasuke still 2-0 against
    Naruto
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    I dislike homosexuals so if I was an American I would vote for Romney.
     
         

  12. #12
    yip man student kmrasengan's Avatar
    Status
    kmrasengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,703
    Location
    portugal
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    Well somebody needs a good buttfcking, I always say this once you go Wumbo you keep coming back to rumble.
    lmao. you apologize first and then you do this to someone else. is this step 2?
     
         

  13. #13
    yip man student kmrasengan's Avatar
    Status
    kmrasengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,703
    Location
    portugal
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    Yes it is Step 2 was find a homophobe and make a homosexual joke about it. Step 3 is birth a baby Hippo...sooooo yeeeeeeaah.
    that's gonna be a tough one.
     
         

  14. #14
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,022
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    ....:confused: Obama didn't say a single thing that showed intelligence above that of a puppet. Might as well have put someone's hand up his butt and made him talk. Romney pwned him from the beginning. Forget his stance on homosexuals, I couldn't give two shits about them, if they want freedom then let them fight their own battle just like everyone else has to.

    I didn't watch the entire thing because it was over in the first few minutes. Romney slaughtered him wholesale; after 30 minutes there wasn't much left. If Romney doesn't win this thing, then the voting is rigged; either that or the US population is a lot dumber than I thought. Of course, that Futurama episode is also right. People don't vote for the person that makes sense...that would be the smart thing to do.
     
         
    Last edited by Caliburn; 10-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.

  15. #15
    Yerrina's Avatar
    Status
    Yerrina is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    453
    Location
    Atacama
    You were always weird but I
    never had to hold you by the
    edges like I do now-
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    ....:confused: Obama didn't say a single thing that showed intelligence above that of a puppet. Might as well have put someone's hand up his butt and made him talk. Romney pwned him from the beginning. Forget his stance on homosexuals, I couldn't give two shits about them, if they want freedom then let them fight their own battle just like everyone else has to.

    I didn't watch the entire thing because it was over in the first few minutes. Romney slaughtered him wholesale; after 30 minutes there wasn't much left. If Romney doesn't win this thing, then the voting is rigged; either that or the US population is a lot dumber than I thought. Of course, that Futurama episode is also right. People don't vote for the person that makes sense...that would be the smart thing to do.
    Well, if their foreign affairs policies remain similar to some degree (Though I'm not entirely sure about Iran and Military cuts and so), then Romney likely has better chances.

    I expect LGBT supporters who won't bother that much about the Economic policies and will not look deep into it will run after Obama. They are, however, 2-3% of the entire population.

    I don't know much about the US citizens mentality; I know idiocy is present but probably not rising, some videos give me hope, but I'm not sure if they have deep insight into matters and do actually bother looking into what the candidates say. Enlightenment is badly needed, that's for sure.

    So, nobody abstaining so far ? I asked two American friends and they seemed to have the mentality of "They both suck, but we'll choose the one that sucks the least" Which I see as entirely wrong.
     
         
    Last edited by Caliburn; 10-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.

  16. #16
    creatcher of night julia maltellak's Avatar
    Status
    julia maltellak is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    281
    Location
    uchiha village
    itache uchiha ready for battle
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    obama won the debate yesterday
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~WastelandSociety~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,429
    Location
    Greece
    War. War Never Changes
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    I don't care how many die hard democrats are saying Obama won the debate (which isn't true). It's the most thing that's being said through out the U.S that Obama didn't do well.

    Like I said on countless of sites:
    I found it funny how disconnected Obama was. He doesn't seem to be the same like when he was running for president.Romney made a lot of good points that I (struggling to find a job,etc) like,so Obama better step up otherwise I don't see him winning.

    I'm glad people are starting to see that Obama plan isn't working and he isn't for the people,it's a shame people on NB are not seeing that at all





    Liberals need a wake up call.







     
         

  18. #18
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,638
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Whatever happens, last presidential election only had around 40% of eligible voters participating in the elections. Vote. (But be a good citizen too; do your homework and research all the issues thoroughly, from reliable sources.)
     
         

  19. #19
    Sydney's Halo Grim's Avatar
    Status
    Grim is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,453
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society
     



    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by I SploogedOnYou View Post
    I know what section, I'm just saying people don't come here for that too often. Don't get all booty tickled over something that wasn't even insulting in any way.
    You joined August 2012 and yet you speak for the rest? How so? :3
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Status
    drknght is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Obama seemed like he didn't believe in what he was saying. Romney on the other hand was very confident, and prepared for debate. I don't like both of them, because he uses term middle class, but if mitt is a much better choice. I'm voting for him.
     
         
    Last edited by drknght; 10-05-2012 at 12:16 AM.

  21. #21
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,022
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxic View Post
    They don't want special rights, if people in american weren't like you. 'Narrow minded bigots' this wouldn't be an issue. They only want the same rights and respect as you and me and anyone gets.
    Your name misleads me, makes me wonder if you're the same guy who said he wanted to become a mod and you speak this ill. There's a better way to word what you just said without being disrespectful.
    You seem to be losing your way.
    It's called "opinion". I was being rather kind in comparison to what I wanted to say. Maybe if homosexuals didn't flaunt themselves all the time and make a big stink, then people wouldn't care so much...ever thought of that? I have what's called "freedom of speech"...wait, darn it, I forgot, freedom of speech doesn't exist anymore...how could I be so stupid as to forget that.
     
         

  22. #22
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,022
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxic View Post
    The homosexuals I know live a peaceful life and they still get sh*t thrown at them. Just like we have idiots in the straight society, there's also those in the gay one but it doesn't mean you should judge them all based on a few. And you have freedom of speech, but you're being prejudice not using 'freedom of speech' there's a difference. If you were talking about an object then it would be fine, but you're talking about PEOPLE here.
    Freedom of speech means that I have the right to speak my mind. End of story.

    They also have the right to speak there minds, and I would never criticize anyone for that...it's every person's right.
     
         

  23. #23
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,022
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxic View Post
    Keep telling yourself that "it's just freedom of speech, not me being prejudice" don't be surprised when you get punched in the face one day.
    No point in arguing any further.
    [/CENTER]
    I didn't say I wasn't being prejudice, prejudicy is also freedom of speech. Nazis and the KKK have their rallys all the time, and while I disagree with them, it's still freedom of speech. Stop being ignorant.
     
         

  24. #24
    Heathen. ImmaculateShadow's Avatar
    Status
    ImmaculateShadow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    436
    Location
    Fólkvangr
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    It's called "opinion". I was being rather kind in comparison to what I wanted to say. Maybe if homosexuals didn't flaunt themselves all the time and make a big stink, then people wouldn't care so much...ever thought of that? I have what's called "freedom of speech"...wait, darn it, I forgot, freedom of speech doesn't exist anymore...how could I be so stupid as to forget that.

    What the hell did I just read? What? No ... Just ... no ...

    Ok listen up, because I'm only going to say this once ST—

    Life is hard when people hate you for the way that you love others. Think about that for a second — think about what it must be like to be HATED for the fact that you are attracted naturally to the sex that society hasn't sanctioned.

    Think about what it would be like to be hated as much as you've thrown hatred at homosexuals on this thread for simply being strait.

    Think about what it must be like, waking up every day a prisoner in side your own god damn body. Because you have feelings that people tell you your going to hell for feeling. For simply being attracted.

    Imagine for a moment that your so scared that their right about Hell that you try and act the way that every one else acts only to feel like a fake and as if you have no self worth.

    Think about what it must be like to wake up and not know the level to which you could get harassed or beaten simply because of the way you love.

    — Just because of the way you love.

    You say that homosexuals flaunt the way they feel? Try being gay in a strait world!!!

    Do you know any one who got killed for being strait? See ST, I live in MN where the NW county of Anoka — watched over by Congress Woman Michele Bachmann BTW — has the largest percentage of High School kids killing themselves IN THE FUQING NATION because they don't want to face the world one more day SIMPLY because they were born LGBTQ.

    Please, just think about what it must be like to be hated for the way you love.

    Shame on you.
     
         
    Last edited by ImmaculateShadow; 10-05-2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: IN THE FUQING NATION

  25. #25
    Heathen. ImmaculateShadow's Avatar
    Status
    ImmaculateShadow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    436
    Location
    Fólkvangr
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Yesterday's Presidential Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxic View Post


    It's not worth wasting time on telling him this. He will blow it off as freedom of speech and continue with his ignorance because it's easier to be ignorant than tolerant for people like him.
    — or empathy.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •