Page 3 of 5 « First 12345 Last»
Results 51 to 75 of 115
  1. #51
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    My opinion on that is yes. Homosexuality and pedophilia, as well as necrophilia and all forms of disturbing sexual conduct, is a choice.
    I don't think homosexuality is a choice because that's like saying Heterosexuality is a choice as well. I mean i like women I don't think I debated whether or not I should sleep with a man or a woman today.
     
         

  2. #52
    Senior Member Unbiased's Avatar
    Status
    Unbiased is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hating on tsunade all day.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    My opinion on that is yes. Homosexuality and pedophilia, as well as necrophilia and all forms of disturbing sexual conduct, is a choice.
    I originally thought the same way. However i speak on whether theyre born that way. Anyone can control their urges.
     
         

  3. #53
    Evil Boy Genius Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DWMA
    Posts
    17,464
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Making my way downtown~
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    My opinion on that is yes. Homosexuality and pedophilia, as well as necrophilia and all forms of disturbing sexual conduct, is a choice.
    Not to go off topic, but how is homosexuality a disturbing sexual conduct?
     
         

  4. #54
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,609
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    I meant do you sorry im on a typo. Dont you think everyone deserves equality? Im getting a general opinion i already said i dont support them.
    *sigh* You're asking a tough question. One, it would be wrong to persecute them if they were born that way and they legitimately could not help it. On the other hand, the practice is disturbing and makes me ill to think about. I suppose, for this one, my own morals could not possibly allow me to accept this as a practice we should allow...HOWEVER. As society itself, democratic society at the least, cannot afford to be biased based upon factors such as these...jeesh, this is the ultimate conflict between my political beliefs and my moral standards. It's the abortion debate all over again.
     
         

  5. #55
    Member leggomynecro's Avatar
    Status
    leggomynecro is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    To those that believe they are "born that way" or insert genetic excuse here because a scientist said so, you are wrong. You have absolute control over 100% of your actions. Because otherwise this means there are people who are living that have zero control over their actions similar to a dog with rabies. You are on the same level as an animal. You know what happens to dog with rabies.....they get put down. Because they are not in control anymore and are a threat to everyone around them. So if people are not in control and are a threat to our children because they have "rabies" they should be put down. However this is not the case and people choose to live corrupt lives. Also, no matter how innocent they seem these "scientists" are being paid good money to "prove" whatever a drug company wants, to legitimize to sell a drug to sheep that cannot or will not think for themselves.
     
         

  6. #56
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,609
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by leggomynecro View Post
    To those that believe they are "born that way" or insert genetic excuse here because a scientist said so, you are wrong. You have absolute control over 100% of your actions. Because otherwise this means there are people who are living that have zero control over their actions similar to a dog with rabies. You are on the same level as an animal. You know what happens to dog with rabies.....they get put down. Because they are not in control anymore and are a threat to everyone around them. So if people are not in control and are a threat to our children because they have "rabies" they should be put down. However this is not the case and people choose to live corrupt lives. Also, no matter how innocent they seem these "scientists" are being paid good money to "prove" whatever a drug company wants, to legitimize to sell a drug to sheep that cannot or will not think for themselves.
    I'm sorry, I dislike pedophilia as well, but...who exactly would pay a scientist to say that a pedophile has a genetic disorder?
     
         

  7. #57
    Member leggomynecro's Avatar
    Status
    leggomynecro is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Someone who has money and is looking to make a lot more. You think scientists do this in their spare time for fun? They are getting paid by someone to research such "conditions".
     
         

  8. #58
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,609
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by leggomynecro View Post
    Someone who has money and is looking to make a lot more. You think scientists do this in their spare time for fun? They are getting paid by someone to research such "conditions".
    So, are you implying that you think someone could profit from pedophilia being a genetic disorder? I find that hard to believe.
     
         

  9. #59
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    Not to go off topic, but how is homosexuality a disturbing sexual conduct?
    I'm not really wanting to reply to the others, but I will say that I was mainly speaking of male homosexuality. It is disturbing not only because it was forbidden, but also because it's just disturbing. I mean really? Really? It's actually natural for women to be somewhat attracted to each other, but men? Really? I literally thought it was a joke when I was first told about it...then come to find out that it's real...wow. If you don't think it's disturbing, then there's something wrong, either that or society is more influencial than I thought it was.

    Just like pedophilia. Who would ever be attracted to a child? I can understand 200-500 years ago when people would be married off at a very young age, but that was how things were done, and it's not that bad considering the average life was very short...they mostly just wanted children before the people croaked. That's not pedophilia, it's survival. Otherwise, who wants a flat chested girl in bed with hardly any pubes to speak of? Or a man that can barely hold it long enough to do anything sensual since his puberty makes for premature ejaculation?

    Seriously...we need James cameron to raise the bar (South Park reference FTW!)
     
         

  10. #60
    Senior Member Unbiased's Avatar
    Status
    Unbiased is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hating on tsunade all day.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by leggomynecro View Post
    To those that believe they are "born that way" or insert genetic excuse here because a scientist said so, you are wrong. You have absolute control over 100% of your actions. Because otherwise this means there are people who are living that have zero control over their actions similar to a dog with rabies. You are on the same level as an animal. You know what happens to dog with rabies.....they get put down. Because they are not in control anymore and are a threat to everyone around them. So if people are not in control and are a threat to our children because they have "rabies" they should be put down. However this is not the case and people choose to live corrupt lives. Also, no matter how innocent they seem these "scientists" are being paid good money to "prove" whatever a drug company wants, to legitimize to sell a drug to sheep that cannot or will not think for themselves.
    I applaud you for a compelling argument. However according to your logic everyone can make free choices. By that logic why should someone have to be persecuted and "put down" because of how he is. If he truly is born that way then its wrong to tell him he can't do whats natural to him.
     
         
    Last edited by Unbiased; 10-08-2012 at 05:36 AM.

  11. #61
    Evil Boy Genius Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DWMA
    Posts
    17,464
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Making my way downtown~
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I'm not really wanting to reply to the others, but I will say that I was mainly speaking of male homosexuality. It is disturbing not only because it was forbidden, but also because it's just disturbing. I mean really? Really? It's actually natural for women to be somewhat attracted to each other, but men? Really? I literally thought it was a joke when I was first told about it...then come to find out that it's real...wow. If you don't think it's disturbing, then there's something wrong, either that or society is more influencial than I thought it was.
    So male homosexuality is disturbing, but female is a-okay? I don't think it's dair to play on one side of the fence and say "Well, one is okay, but the other is just wrong" despite being in the same realm. Most people think that way, but atleast you have a different reason. Most people are like "Two girls making out are hot, so I'm in" and are like "BEING GAY IS WRONG". Sorta hypocritical I understand why you think so, I disagree with it, but I completly understand and respect your reasoning more so than others, despite me, like I said, disagreeing with it because I just think saying one is okay, but the other isn't is kinda uncool to me. Well, not uncool, but not fair.

    And nah, I really don't think so. I don't think homosexuality is distubring, male or female. To me, it's just people doin what they do, living their lives. Not harmful or anything, so I don't see it as negative at all. It's just normal people doing normal stuff to me. Is something wrong? Not to me, maybe to others, but I think overall society plays into both parts. People adapt to society and that defines to them what is disturbing and what is not.

    Thanks for the cool reply, very calm and collected by the way. Cheers.
     
         

  12. #62
    Senior Member Unbiased's Avatar
    Status
    Unbiased is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hating on tsunade all day.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    So male homosexuality is disturbing, but female is a-okay? I don't think it's dair to play on one side of the fence and say "Well, one is okay, but the other is just wrong" despite being in the same realm. Most people think that way, but atleast you have a different reason. Most people are like "Two girls making out are hot, so I'm in" and are like "BEING GAY IS WRONG". Sorta hypocritical I understand why you think so, I disagree with it, but I completly understand and respect your reasoning more so than others, despite me, like I said, disagreeing with it because I just think saying one is okay, but the other isn't is kinda uncool to me. Well, not uncool, but not fair.

    And nah, I really don't think so. I don't think homosexuality is distubring, male or female. To me, it's just people doin what they do, living their lives. Not harmful or anything, so I don't see it as negative at all. It's just normal people doing normal stuff to me. Is something wrong? Not to me, maybe to others, but I think overall society plays into both parts. People adapt to society and that defines to them what is disturbing and what is not.

    Thanks for the cool reply, very calm and collected by the way. Cheers.
    Do you think people should censor their actions and lifestyle for the sake of not causing controversy?
     
         

  13. #63
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    So male homosexuality is disturbing, but female is a-okay? I don't think it's dair to play on one side of the fence and say "Well, one is okay, but the other is just wrong" despite being in the same realm. Most people think that way, but atleast you have a different reason. Most people are like "Two girls making out are hot, so I'm in" and are like "BEING GAY IS WRONG". Sorta hypocritical I understand why you think so, I disagree with it, but I completly understand and respect your reasoning more so than others, despite me, like I said, disagreeing with it because I just think saying one is okay, but the other isn't is kinda uncool to me. Well, not uncool, but not fair.

    And nah, I really don't think so. I don't think homosexuality is distubring, male or female. To me, it's just people doin what they do, living their lives. Not harmful or anything, so I don't see it as negative at all. It's just normal people doing normal stuff to me. Is something wrong? Not to me, maybe to others, but I think overall society plays into both parts. People adapt to society and that defines to them what is disturbing and what is not.

    Thanks for the cool reply, very calm and collected by the way. Cheers.
    Ah, but I never said it was entirely okay for women to be straight out lesbian. I would recommend that they get husbands. Scripture, it says nothing about women except that Paul said in one place that women should not lay with women. For something to be true, there needs to be two witnesses, and that's only one.

    This is my opinion, and yes, ones beliefs do have a place in such a discussion, despite people wanting to ignore that fact. I don't go around bashing gays, but I don't condone it either...let them speak with their maker is what I say. Sodomy is named so because of Sodom...and it was destroyed with fire. If someone truly wants to take that risk...more power to them.
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 10-08-2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: no need for unnecssary details.

  14. #64
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    So you hold that same philosophy with homosexuality? They both claim to be born that way and with research being done its being shown to be true.
    There is a large difference between the two- age of consent.

    Any kind of sexual relationship is allowed only as long as both the parties involved are consenting adults. If one of the involved parties is a minor/kid/under age in the eyes of law, different set of rules are applied. In such a case it doesn't matter if the relationship is homosexual or heterosexual.

    Reason is that minors or kids do not understand full implications of such relationships. At the same time adults are supposed to be mature enough to be able to understand what the pros and cons of their actions are and allowed to make choices accordingly.

    Not to forget that the kids are more vulnerable to be taken advantage of - being physically weak and dependent on adults around them in various ways and easier to manipulate. That's why law provides them extra security.

    Before someone raises this point- I know that some minors can be smarter and some adults quite stupid, still we have to draw a line somewhere and thus comes the legal age of consent.
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 10-08-2012 at 06:33 AM.

  15. #65
    Senior Member Ishan Hokage's Avatar
    Status
    Ishan Hokage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    I find pedophiles weird.. moreover mate teenagers who date each other r pedos? R u mad or wht?
     
         

  16. #66
    ❁ Springtime of Youth ❁ sweetyhearty89's Avatar
    Status
    sweetyhearty89 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    City of Smiles
    Posts
    553
    Post Thanks / Like
    ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Well Pedophilia is a "Mental Disorder" and there's a lot of causes for a mental disorder and Genetics can be one!
    But u cannot say that pedophiles r born that way coz it could also be due to trauma, drugs, life experiences, society, culture and more..
    A child can never be a pedophile coz a pedophile is a person 16 years of age or older!!!
     
         

  17. #67
    Senior Member Unbiased's Avatar
    Status
    Unbiased is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hating on tsunade all day.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    There is a large difference between the two- Homosexual relationship means relation between two consenting adults.

    If one of the involved parties is a minor/kid/under age in the eyes of law, different set of rules are applied. In such a case it doesn't matter if the relationship is homosexual or heterosexual.

    Reason is that minors or kids do not understand full implications of such relationships. At the same time adults are supposed to be mature enough to be able to understand what the pros and cons of their actions are and allowed to make choices accordingly.

    Not to forget that the kids are more vulnerable to be taken advantage of - being physically weak and dependent on adults around them in various ways and easier to manipulate. That's why law provides them extra security.

    Before someone raises this point- I know that some minors can be smarter and some adults quite stupid, still we have to draw a line somewhere and thus comes the legal age of consent.
    Wouldn't that be an injustice in regards to equality? I know in some places you can be marrried off as early as the age of ten. What's to say our legal definition of becoming of age isn't wrong?
     
         

  18. #68
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    Wouldn't that be an injustice in regards to equality? I know in some places you can be marrried off as early as the age of ten. What's to say our legal definition of becoming of age isn't wrong?
    Difference in age of consent in different countries doesn't fall under definition of equality. We do not have a world government. Law of the land depends on various aspects depending upon the people of that place and they have a right to make their own rules on any subject whatsoever. Nations often bargain on the various aspects of civil/political/economic rights on mutual basis.

    Unless there is a severe case of violation of human rights- i.e. some behaviour/practice which is accepted to be against human dignity universally the other nations do not/cannot/should not have a say at all. And even then it can be pretty subjective matter. International laws/definitions do not apply on any nation unless that nation has given consent/accepted to abide by those.

    All of us go by what we have defined as the right age of maturity in our own countries. It would be stupid if people of one country go and try to dictate their opinion regarding what should be the right age for them.

    Still keep in mind that in many of the places where they allow marriage of kids as young as ten it is not up to the kids to give consent. their parents and guardians give their consent on their behalf as they are supposed to be doing that in the best interest of the kid.
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 10-08-2012 at 06:54 AM.

  19. #69
    Senior Member Unbiased's Avatar
    Status
    Unbiased is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hating on tsunade all day.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    Difference in age of consent in different countries doesn't fall under definition of equality. We do not have a world government. Law of the land depends on various aspects depending upon the people of that place and they have a right to make their own rules on any subject whatsoever. Nations often bargain on the various aspects of civil/political/economic rights on mutual basis.

    Unless there is a severe case of violation of human rights- i.e. some behaviour/practice which is accepted to be against human dignity universally the other nations do not/cannot/should not have a say at all. And even then it can be pretty subjective matter. International laws/definitions do not apply on any nation unless that nation has given consent/accepted to abide by those.

    All of us go by what we have defined as the right age of maturity in our own countries. It would be stupid if people of one country go and try to dictate their opinion regarding what should be the right age for them.

    Still keep in mind that in many of the places where they allow marriage of kids as young as ten it is not up to the kids to give consent. their parents and guardians give their consent on their behalf as they are supposed to be doing that in the best interest of the kid.
    So i guess in regards to what you are saying its a matter of opinion. I find it interesting however that adults would give up their kids for marriage at that age. Leads me to question if an age of consent is neccesary. What i mean by that is if every parent should be given the option to say their kid is an adult. I personally wouldn't have this law where i live (america) becauuse here parents find its the schools job to raise children and in such aren't huge key players in the teachings of their children.
     
         

  20. #70
    Member SandVillageShinobi's Avatar
    Status
    SandVillageShinobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me, are you a badfish
    too?
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I'm not really wanting to reply to the others, but I will say that I was mainly speaking of male homosexuality. It is disturbing not only because it was forbidden, but also because it's just disturbing. I mean really? Really? It's actually natural for women to be somewhat attracted to each other, but men? Really? I literally thought it was a joke when I was first told about it...then come to find out that it's real...wow. If you don't think it's disturbing, then there's something wrong, either that or society is more influencial than I thought it was.

    Just like pedophilia. Who would ever be attracted to a child? I can understand 200-500 years ago when people would be married off at a very young age, but that was how things were done, and it's not that bad considering the average life was very short...they mostly just wanted children before the people croaked. That's not pedophilia, it's survival. Otherwise, who wants a flat chested girl in bed with hardly any pubes to speak of? Or a man that can barely hold it long enough to do anything sensual since his puberty makes for premature ejaculation?

    Seriously...we need James cameron to raise the bar (South Park reference FTW!)
    Actually straight woman are not supposed to be sexually attractive to one another it's just a lot of straight girls pretend to be lesbian or bi to fit in.
     
         

  21. #71
    Senior Member Unbiased's Avatar
    Status
    Unbiased is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hating on tsunade all day.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by SandVillageShinobi View Post
    Actually straight woman are not supposed to be sexually attractive to one another it's just a lot of straight girls pretend to be lesbian or bi to fit in.
    I went to high school and college in florida and its totally like that. People pretend to be bi or lesbian.
     
         

  22. #72
    Imitation Crime~ Ashflura's Avatar
    Status
    Ashflura is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Secret Rendezvous
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Clearly pedophiles are under the influence of either past bad experiences that have led to a psychological disorder or under the influence of something supernatural. We all look and condone the act, but can never pinpoint the reasoning to why they act this way...its out of a human's mind capacity to understand why a logical thinking adult would do something like that to a child. Hence, why I believe they are under the influence of something while committing the act rather than simply being born that way.

    A child subjugated is an immediate radar on our minds. The act is sick, wrong and ultimately against human morality. People aren't born pedophiles, despite the article, it's a load of nonsense.

    As far as equality goes for people born with genetic disorders...people can tell if someone is under the influence of something genetic and if their behaviour is altered to an average person with a stable mindset, so the sense that applies here is common sense. A practical example is saying someone with Down Syndrome should be treated the same way as someone without the syndrome. The two individuals immediately require different amounts of attention, different amounts of compassion, patience and consideration. Although their needs are different, and the way they see life is - as it is for any individual. The need for basic human rights is still in order.

    The right to not be judged because of beliefs, age, race, etc The right to live until it is there natural time of death by God.

    The act of sodomy may be against the will of God, but remember a choice does not ultimately make a person. Who is to decide when a man or act is bad?
     
         

  23. #73
    Monkey D Dragon Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    8,910
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Yes they are born that way and both need to answer for what they do wrong

    However an adult consenting same sex partner is very different from a pedophiles victim that is usually forced and has no or little knowledge about the situation

    If a homosexual woul rape a person believe me that they wouldbe prosecuted

    However two consenting homosexual partners did absolutely nothing wrong
     
         

  24. #74
    Member leggomynecro's Avatar
    Status
    leggomynecro is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    I applaud you for a compelling argument. However according to your logic everyone can make free choices. By that logic why should someone have to be persecuted and "put down" because of how he is. If he truly is born that way then its wrong to tell him he can't do whats natural to him.

    Not free choices everything has a consequence possible outcomes being positive, negative, or neutral. That is why words like amoral, moral, immoral exists. OFC you can tell him/her what is wrong thats just naive.
     
         

  25. #75
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.
     



    Re: Pedophiles are born that way

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    So i guess in regards to what you are saying its a matter of opinion. I find it interesting however that adults would give up their kids for marriage at that age. Leads me to question if an age of consent is neccesary. What i mean by that is if every parent should be given the option to say their kid is an adult. I personally wouldn't have this law where i live (america) becauuse here parents find its the schools job to raise children and in such aren't huge key players in the teachings of their children.
    I find your first sentence quite misleading and self serving. Are you referring to age of consent as a matter of opinion or your main topic itself? I never said it is a matter of opinion only. Only thing that can depends on opinion and vary, is age of consent not the fact about difference in homosexual behaviour and paedophiles. And even in the concept of age of consent only difference is where any particular nation draws the line regarding the minimum age for holding you legally responsible. The basic principle as to why it needs to be defined ( age of consent) remains the same.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •