View Poll Results: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! There are hints given

    163 86.70%
  • No! I only believe in what I see

    25 13.30%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 207
  1. #1
    yellowflash ajpn920's Avatar
    Status
    ajpn920 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,062
    This user has no status.
     

    Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Another great day and a good day to ask all NB users for their opinion. For some time now, there are others who believes that Minato can't do Kage Bunshin. While I personally believe he can due to some hints given by Kishi, other's do not. So, I would like everyone's opinion about this.

    First of, we can't say that a person can't do this because we haven't seen him do when there is an evidence that can back it up and make us conclude that he can. Let's talk about the other powerful nins that did not demonstrate their ability but we know they can because of the hints given by the manga

    1. Hashirama: We haven't seen him using the wood techniques that Madara was diplaying but we know that it was the original tech from the 1st because wood techniques can only be performed by him that's why Madara stole that ability.

    Question: Even if we know that the techniques Madara showed us comes from the 1st but we did not see the 1st doing it, can we say that he cannot do it because we haven't seen him doing it? Or we can just use our common sense that he can do it because it was hinted that the technique Madara uses comes from the 1st? Which is which? Eyes or brain?

    2. Hiruzen: It was said that he know all Konoha techniques thus given the name professor but we haven't seen him perfoming those techs. He showed us only few.

    Question: Even if it was said on the manga that he knows all Konoha techniques, can we say that he can ONLY do those techniques he showed us so far? If we'll count it, it won't reach 10. Do we believe in what we see or we can use the hint given by the manga that he knows a hundred or thousands of jutsu? Again eyes or brain?



    3. Kakashi: It was said that because of the sharingan, Kakashi was able to copy a thousand jutsu thus giving him the nickname copy ninja. We have not seen him doing a 1000 jutsu so can we say that he can't perform it because we have not seen it? or do we take into consideration what the manga told us. Eyes or Brain?

    Enough of our examples. Let's go to the main topic. Can Minato do Kage Bunshin?

    In part 1, we know that to be able to graduate one must perform bunshin no jutsu.



    Later in part one, Naruto stole the scroll and the 1st technique listed was a bunshin no jutsu which he is bad at



    It was mentioned by Hiruzen that the scroll was forbidden by the previous Hokage.



    If my memory serves me well, at this point of time, Hiruzen was the Hokage and he took this position back after Minato died which we all know was the Hokage before Hiruzen took the position back. So, since this is part 1 and Hiruzen was the Hokage for the 2nd time, who was the previous Hokage he's referring to?

    Don't anybody think that a Hokage has the position to know what was written in the scroll? If they have this oppurtunity, do you think that they don't find time reading what was written on it?




    Kage Bunshin is not a special tech, bloodline or a clans technique that is only limited to a few person or a selected one. It's a B rank tech which anybody can learn. From what the manga hinted us so far, I would like to know everyone's opinion by voting on the poll. Is Minato capable of doing Kage Bunshin?

    Thanks for reading!:ice:
     
         
    Last edited by ajpn920; 10-08-2012 at 03:42 AM.

  2. #2
    Rojuro's Avatar
    Status
    Rojuro is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,695
    Location
    Soul academy
    R.I.P Big Z you'll be missed!
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    I say yes because he was adept with the shadow shuriken jutsu so I believe he was more than capable of using bunshins.
    But naruto's jutsu is more like Kushina's from what tsunade said so she was probly better at bunshins than minato.

    Also Yamato uses wood clones we have seen it so it is proper to assume that hashi uses them as madara has used them and Yamato can.
     
         
    Last edited by Rojuro; 10-08-2012 at 03:41 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member EliteKakashi's Avatar
    Status
    EliteKakashi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,254
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Hashirama is the one who made the scroll forbidden, I do believe.

    And the issue with your examples is those characters were said to have those abilities(Kakashi copying over 1,000, Hiruzen knowing all Leaf jutsu, etc). Nothing has ever been mentioned in regards to Minato being able to use it.

    I would be shocked if he wasn't able to, though.
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kazekage35's Avatar
    Status
    Kazekage35 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,343
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    I'm going to say he can make a few shadow clones like Kakashi and what not but does not know multi shadow clone, which is the forbidden tech
     
         

  5. #5
    Intrepid's Avatar
    Status
    Intrepid is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,423
    スタイル
     



    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Yes he can, it is almost required for a Jonin + ninja to have this technique in their arsenal.
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member EliteKakashi's Avatar
    Status
    EliteKakashi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,254
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage35 View Post
    I'm going to say he can make a few shadow clones like Kakashi and what not but does not know multi shadow clone, which is the forbidden tech
    Kakashi is capable of multi shadow clone. I'm sure that's what the OP was referring to.
     
         

  7. #7
    -Uchiha Traitor- nightfury028's Avatar
    Status
    nightfury028 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    510
    Location
    In your Dreams
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    yes he can. (just so it in a mugen) but i really confidently say that he can.
     
         

  8. #8
    Member KamuiShiryu's Avatar
    Status
    KamuiShiryu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    340
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    grrrr i accidently voted no!!!! nice thread i think he did since he forbid it he must have had a good reason :P or at least seen the scroll
     
         

  9. #9
    yellowflash ajpn920's Avatar
    Status
    ajpn920 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,062
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojuro otoribashi View Post
    I say yes because he was adept with the shadow shuriken jutsu so I believe he was more than capable of using bunshins.
    But naruto's jutsu is more like Kushina's from what tsunade said so she was probly better at bunshins than minato.

    Also Yamato uses wood clones we have seen it so it is proper to assume that hashi uses them as madara has used them and Yamato can.

    Quote Originally Posted by EliteKakashi View Post
    Hashirama is the one who made the scroll forbidden, I do believe.

    And the issue with your examples is those characters were said to have those abilities(Kakashi copying over 1,000, Hiruzen knowing all Leaf jutsu, etc). Nothing has ever been mentioned in regards to Minato being able to use it.

    I would be shocked if he wasn't able to, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage35 View Post
    I'm going to say he can make a few shadow clones like Kakashi and what not but does not know multi shadow clone, which is the forbidden tech
    Thanks for your participation. You may wonder about the comparison i've listed. It was not said that Minato can do bunshin but it's pretty clear that a bunshin is one of the requirement to be able to graduate. This is why I ask the question, eyes or brain because some of us here don't use their brain but rather their eyes only.
     
         

  10. #10
    Rising T Bogard's Avatar
    Status
    T Bogard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19,279
    Location
    Germany
    04/2012 - 07/2014
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Don't forget Jiraya. I never saw Jiraya use Kage Bunshin even once during all his battle, during all part1 and part2 until his fight against Pain. He didn't use it against Orochimaru for example. At that moment, we could also say that he couldn't use kage bunshin, but we've seen him use it against Pain finally. So because someone doesn't use a technique, doesn't mean he cant
     
         

  11. #11
    yellowflash ajpn920's Avatar
    Status
    ajpn920 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,062
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by Staarkk View Post
    Yes he can, it is almost required for a Jonin + ninja to have this technique in their arsenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfury028 View Post
    yes he can. (just so it in a mugen) but i really confidently say that he can.
    Quote Originally Posted by KamuiShiryu View Post
    grrrr i accidently voted no!!!! nice thread i think he did since he forbid it he must have had a good reason :P or at least seen the scroll
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    Don't forget Jiraya. I never saw Jiraya use Kage Bunshin even once during all his battle, during all part1 and part2 until his fight against Pain. He didn't use it against Orochimaru for example. At that moment, we could also say that he couldn't use kage bunshin, but we've seen him use it against Pain finally. So because someone doesn't use a technique, doesn't mean he cant
    Yes. I believe he can. There's enough evidence supporting that he can than he can't. Thanks guys for your participation

    Edit: @Lord Uchiha Sasuke: what made you think he can't? Please state your reason. Is it because you have not seen it? So, you're one of the guys who chooses eyes over brain..cool..
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member Tazzilla88's Avatar
    Status
    Tazzilla88 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,271
    Location
    Cleveland
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Well should we give Tsunade Kage bunshins too >_>
     
         

  13. #13
    yellowflash ajpn920's Avatar
    Status
    ajpn920 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,062
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzilla88 View Post
    Well should we give Tsunade Kage bunshins too >_>
    Well I wonder if it's so hard for someone who can create an A rank or S rank techniques to know a B rank technique..
     
         

  14. #14
    number 1 knucklehead ninja
    Status
    uncle sam is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    983
    Location
    Philly
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    da fuq is this? kakashi HAS used multi shadow clones and lightning clones. an anbu stated hiruzen can use it and went on to explain the reason he dint use it against oro was because he was low on chakra
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member Tazzilla88's Avatar
    Status
    Tazzilla88 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,271
    Location
    Cleveland
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by ajpn920 View Post
    Well I wonder if it's so hard for someone who can create an A rank or S rank techniques to know a B rank technique..
    My point being, as perhaps Tsunade's largest fan I would love for her to able to and yes while she has the resources and information on the technique she may not have ever decided to learn it because she feels her fighting style was great enough without kage bunshins. Though I suppose technically it would make logical sense for all the hokages to know kage bunshin no jutsu as it is in the hokage scroll
     
         

  16. #16
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,980
    Location
    Boston,MA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    As if Minato wasn't OP enough you fanboys want to give him Kage Bushin too?

    Manga proof or GTFO.
     
         

  17. #17
    number 1 knucklehead ninja
    Status
    uncle sam is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    983
    Location
    Philly
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    As if Minato wasn't OP enough you fanboys want to give him Kage Bushin too?

    Manga proof or GTFO.
    right cos!
     
         

  18. #18
    "I am Justice" - L kevenc's Avatar
    Status
    kevenc is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,411
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    As if Minato wasn't OP enough you fanboys want to give him Kage Bushin too?

    Manga proof or GTFO.
    That is what I was about say.

    This is only speculation.
     
         

  19. #19
    yellowflash ajpn920's Avatar
    Status
    ajpn920 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,062
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    As if Minato wasn't OP enough you fanboys want to give him Kage Bushin too?

    Manga proof or GTFO.
    Proof? Are you reading the thread? bunshins are required to be able to graduate in the academy. Minato was a hokage, a genius...so? what your common sense tell you? If you'll use your brain then you will know the answer. Prefers eyes over brain ehh...
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member BloodSeed's Avatar
    Status
    BloodSeed is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,494
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    ofcourse he can. if he can make his own version of tbb, create his own jutsu. making a kagebunshin would be easy for him. naruto who sucks making clones when he was a child can do it. why not minato
     
         

  21. #21
    yellowflash ajpn920's Avatar
    Status
    ajpn920 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,062
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by kevenc View Post
    That is what I was about say.

    This is only speculation.
    Aren't you speculating when you say he can't? Now, i'll ask you to give evidence that he can't. Any words from the manga that he can't? I'll wait.
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member j mafia13's Avatar
    Status
    j mafia13 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,193
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Shadow clone jutsu is a standard throughout the Leaf so theres no doubt minato could do the jutsu. The reason why you wouldnt see him doing it is because he has better jutsu to use. Naruto is the only person to take the jutsu to a new level to make himself more powerful. (:
     
         

  23. #23
    yellowflash ajpn920's Avatar
    Status
    ajpn920 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,062
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodSeed View Post
    ofcourse he can. if he can make his own version of tbb, create his own jutsu. making a kagebunshin would be easy for him. naruto who sucks making clones when he was a child can do it. why not minato
    definitely. well only Minato haters thinks otherwise.
     
         

  24. #24
    Senior Member BloodSeed's Avatar
    Status
    BloodSeed is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,494
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by ajpn920 View Post
    Aren't you speculating when you say he can't? Now, i'll ask you to give evidence that he can't. Any words from the manga that he can't? I'll wait.
    ignore that kid he thinks he is a character of a deathnote. most of minato haters are kids who likes emo character like the uchiha. kids like emo you know
     
         

  25. #25
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,980
    Location
    Boston,MA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can Minato do Kage Bunshin? (must read)

    Quote Originally Posted by ajpn920 View Post
    Proof? Are you reading the thread? bunshins are required to be able to graduate in the academy. Minato was a hokage, a genius...so? what your common sense tell you? If you'll use your brain then you will know the answer. Prefers eyes over brain ehh...
    Bushin no jutsu =/= Kage Bushin no Jutsu

    Kage Bushin and Bushin no jutsu are two different jutsu.....

    By your logic since Sasuke was considered a genius he can do kage bushin too, in fact Shikamaru knows over 1000 jutsu.... -___-
     
         

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •