Status
    Jan 2009
    Crazy Fool that Gang Bang, EST 19XX and Stay Lace Up
    Post Thanks / Like
    #BlackFlag #MachineGunKelly
    #Dub-O #Slim #LaceUp #EST19XX

RP Permission Thread

I have a quick suggestion. Why not make a permission thread? I mean it doesn't break the red rule and make sense so no one has to vm a mod all the time. All the mods has to do is check the thread once or twice a day. The mods would have to edit the post saying approved or what requirement is need for their approval or skip the post. Thread is clean out every week.

This would also put the red rule in full effect. No if, ands buts about if the mods start handing out infractions for vming and pming them for requests.

Last edited by Izumō; 10-08-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    TrollKing

Re: RP Permission Thread

Agreed ~_~

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Passion rules reason.

I also agree.

NY Knicks fan dominicansharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    WORLDSTAR!!!!!!!

Leggo!!

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    “In three words I can sum up
    everything I've learned about
    life: it goes on.”

also agree

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaman Jama

Disagree..
    Too much work

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust | Respect | Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by General Teno View Post
    Disagree..
    Too much work
    It would be the same amount of work for mods. They already have to check up on people who ask permission so what is the major difference. And oh boo ho, the mods have work
    When they applied or were asked to take the position they understood what they were getting into and they understood there would be work involved without pay or reward.

I barely rped on this site or any site for that matter but I agree with this idea, it would be somewhat organized. Maybe even keep a log of all the requests with approved or declined on the posts.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Rock N Rolla-

OMFG Dude hell yes. Best RP suggestion since....since.... wait cant think of any

However I disagree to the Admin permissions being included. As Nexus is usually busy and then that would open up to people complaining and VMing/PMing, about him checking the thread. Id rather keep it to asking him directly, though it does sound legit for the most part.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Crazy Fool that Gang Bang, EST 19XX and Stay Lace Up
    Post Thanks / Like
    #BlackFlag #MachineGunKelly
    #Dub-O #Slim #LaceUp #EST19XX

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzen View Post
    It would be the same amount of work for mods. They already have to check up on people who ask permission so what is the major difference. And oh boo ho, the mods have work
    When they applied or were asked to take the position they understood what they were getting into and they understood there would be work involved without pay or reward.

I barely rped on this site or any site for that matter but I agree with this idea, it would be somewhat organized. Maybe even keep a log of all the requests with approved or declined on the posts.
    Yes someone understands. It is basiclly the same amount of work. It was add as a log book of requests.

@Nagato Yea I probably should leave the admin out of it. I will change that part and add something else to the mix.

Last edited by Izumō; 10-08-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Intellect with
    indirection"

Agreed.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ten Yasha

I Agree with this man.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good suggestion, it might stop people from spamming the Mods VM boxes

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!

I support this 100% ^^

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Give it back," you
    lament. "I've had
    enough," you wail. You
    think I care? That is fate!
    This terrible, brittle, puny
    story is the real thing!

The only problem I see with it is that multiple mods have different methods of allowing someone to have x ability or y bio. Sometimes it's straight out simple, sometimes an explanation on x ability is required, and sometimes a battle is needed. If this were to be implemented, there would need to be a natural consensus implemented for each and every bio permission and ability for what's required of them to ask for the permission.

Also, why would the thread need to be cleaned out every week? Seeing as permissions last forever apparently and screenshots of these granted permissions aren't allowed, it would make things complicated if you say, wanted custom sensing and three months later decide you want to take it up again.

Last edited by Alternative; 10-08-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    The only problem I see with it is that multiple mods have different methods of allowing someone to have x ability or y bio. Sometimes it's straight out simple, sometimes an explanation on x ability is required, and sometimes a battle is needed. If this were to be implemented, there would need to be a natural consensus implemented for each and every bio permission and ability for what's required of them to ask for the permission.

Also, why would the thread need to be cleaned out every week? Seeing as permissions last forever apparently and screenshots of these granted permissions aren't allowed, it would make things complicated if you say, wanted custom sensing and three months later decide you want to take it up again.
    He said cleaned out, because we would have to delete the posts of the people who were not given permission. That's what I think at least.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the feels for
    Lawliet...'s armpits.

I have an issue with this.

Permissions are a way for the mods to restrict the bios to people that we feel are either worthy of the bio or that are capable of passing the test or even that we have a feeling won't abuse the bio's abilities if he or she gets it.

However, each of us has different criteria regarding this and you are assuming that every people asking for permission has the same "right" to a permission which isn't the case. If a member has failed 3 times a Raikage test, I won't give him more chances for quite some time. Main reasoning is why lag the system with someone who cant pass the test? Another example, since we are talking about Raikage is that i don't give permission for both Raikage bios without the user having mastered Taijutsu. Its not a requirement for the bio but its a skill that i feel he has to have mastered to pass the test and to wield the bio. In my mind it makes sense. Sometimes, I even like to ask "why do you want that bio? talk to me about its abilities a bit. What are its main weaknesses?". Making a thread, while it might have some organization value to it, would defy in my perspective the unique reasoning behind each permission issued. From that point forward, i wouldn't see much value in having permissions all together which i don't agree should be the course to take.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    I have an issue with this.

Permissions are a way for the mods to restrict the bios to people that we feel are either worthy of the bio or that are capable of passing the test or even that we have a feeling won't abuse the bio's abilities if he or she gets it.

However, each of us has different criteria regarding this and you are assuming that every people asking for permission has the same "right" to a permission which isn't the case. If a member has failed 3 times a Raikage test, I won't give him more chances for quite some time. Main reasoning is why lag the system with someone who cant pass the test? Another example, since we are talking about Raikage is that i don't give permission for both Raikage bios without the user having mastered Taijutsu. Its not a requirement for the bio but its a skill that i feel he has to have mastered to pass the test and to wield the bio. In my mind it makes sense. Sometimes, I even like to ask "why do you want that bio? talk to me about its abilities a bit. What are its main weaknesses?". Making a thread, while it might have some organization value to it, would defy in my perspective the unique reasoning behind each permission issued. From that point forward, i wouldn't see much value in having permissions all together which i don't agree should be the course to take.
    You guys can include a common template for all permission requests, and still hold on to the option of asking more questions via VM when you think it is still needed.
    I also think this suggestion can bring a positive aspect from the CJ submission thread. Seeing how if a different mod checks a CJ after it having been declined by another mod, he'd also be notified of the reason the other mod declined it, so he has a lesser chance of missing a detail that another mod spotted. But it will also possibly mean that the other mods will be less generous when giving permissions to those who have been declined before out of their respect for the declining mods opinion.

I'm kind of in the middle with this suggestion.