Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1. #1
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,211
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    Please be serious about this thread. Immaturity and flaming will be minus rep'd and reported.

    Okay, so here is what I believe about Hell and Satan, if there truly are such things. Some people say that Satan is not evil because he punishes evil. However, it is my belief that Satan is not punishing the evil. Satan himself is evil incarnate. Hell itself, a realm created God, punishes evil, not Satan. Satan is being punished there as well. So God is truly the one, in my belief, that punishes Satan and the evil, not Satan.

    I consider myself to be something of a deist and a Christian at the same time. I believe in a single "God" and a "Satan" and in Heaven and Hell, or at least some sort of afterlife with the same elements as those. However, I do not follow a "religion." I believe that religion is one of the worst things on this world. It brings violence and ignorance, hatred, homophobia, greed, a herd mentality, and other things. I like the teachings of Jesus and I believe they should be followed by man. I believe the Bible itself is almost unnecessary, Jesus is the one whom you should pay attention to first, not all the stories that are highly likely made up. And even if Jesus never existed in the first place, that's fine. Then follow the idea of Jesus. Just don't be a douche, be a stand-up guy, is what I think the meaning of life is. And I believe, if you have done that, then you will be rewarded some how in some form of afterlife. I choose not to not believe in an afterlife, because then our one and only lives are truly insignificant.

    Also, I'm all for people not being Christian or whatever, as long as they don't f*ck shit up. By that I mean, just follow some sort of peaceful ideology, no violence. In America, that usually manifests into "Christianity", but religion and the ignorance of man comes along and skews the teachings of Jesus to fit their own agendas. As long as it's a peaceful ideology that is about helping your fellow man, I say follow it.

    If you read all that, thanks lol.

    Please feel free to agree/disagree/discuss/all that jazz. But again, don't be a d*ck and flame or be immature about this. Thank you.
     
         
    Last edited by Viserys Targaryen; 10-14-2012 at 03:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member SeriouslyNO's Avatar
    Status
    SeriouslyNO is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,784
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    Did anyone Call me?

    OT: I agree with you somehow, because that's what i exactly doing now, i do not follow a religion, but i believe in god/devil, and i believe the ultimate goal for a human, is about keep being human, not losing itself for greed/etc... yet i respect those who has a religion and its followers, everyone is free to choose what they believe,
     
         
    Last edited by SeriouslyNO; 10-14-2012 at 04:31 AM.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Status
    ~Kobak~ is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    43,015
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    I agree with almost everything except that I'm an atheist. Yeah there are some things in the Bible or Jesus' example that are good but religions didn't make the world better...and I find it interesting that you say you are Christian but don't believe in the afterlife but as an atheist I also don't really care about what happens after death because nothing will
     
         

  4. #4
    Bear fights can be grizzly saaaaaadpanda's Avatar
    Status
    saaaaaadpanda is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,718
    Location
    USA
    A panda eats, shoots, and
    leaves.
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    You should read Paradise Lost by Milton. It might shape the way you view God, Lucifer, and religion, plus it's a classic.
     
         

  5. #5
    Orochimaru's Reincarnation Deadai's Avatar
    Status
    Deadai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,481
    Location
    Konoha
    Hobby's: Grave Robbing.
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    Question: Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't lucifer being sent down to hell namely because he did not want to accept having to obay God in treating Humans as equals? I mean think about it you are an Angel Gods right hand man and now you are being told to obay/respect something so lowly as Humans?

    Just something that came to mind is all.
     
         

  6. #6
    Evil Boy Genius Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,514
    Location
    DWMA
    #panneverfails
     



    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    I read it and that's cool. As long as you don't go shoving your belief down throats, you're cool.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Necromancer4276's Avatar
    Status
    Necromancer4276 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,590
    Location
    Between this and the other world.
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    According to mephistophiles when questioned what a demon is doing out of hell in Dr. Faustus, merely living without god's love is hell in itself whether on earth or in hell.
     
         

  8. #8
    Banned
    Status
    MellowHype is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,660
    Location
    (▰˘◡˘▰)
    MellowHype wa ichiban
    subarashi desu
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    So, you believe there's a higher power and some form of an afterlife? Just say that bro.
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cursed Prince's Avatar
    Status
    Cursed Prince is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,989
    Location
    On NB trollin
    I've been searching
    everywhere, and I can't seem
    to find, Molly.
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    I dont mind if people have no religion. The only religion I hate is Scientology. The whole idea of it blows my mind.
     
         

  10. #10
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,121
    Location
    Miami FL
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    I'm not religious and I Dnt belive in god not really anyway but I respect ur views and I agree with u on some points ur type of ppl is more needed then the overly religious ppl who shoves it down ur throat
     
         

  11. #11
    Banned
    Status
    Nazivon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    293
    Location
    Brazil
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    I liked your thoughts. +rep
    You really cleared my soul today.
     
         

  12. #12
    Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    Prime Rib is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,908
    Location
    USA
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    Heres proof that jesus is a real and god to, why do people get so work up over it if they dont believe in it? cause there eyes want to be open
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member theRPGdude's Avatar
    Status
    theRPGdude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,566
    Location
    Currently living in unknown places
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    Personlly. I'm the modest religion type. And I believe in the Bible and what it says. And to have an understanding of it and mediation is the key qualities of understanding Jehovah. I'm not prefect to understand his thoughts. But he can help me with the help of his spirit. I don't like to talk about these topics mainly because of different views. And people who are atheist don't want nothing to do with this. And with the free will we have. No one can choose for us. We can make our own paths and what we say determines are lives. I'm not gonna shove a bible into people's faces. What I do and teach to people is to have a better understanding of the bible. Were bible students.

    And with your thread. Sounds like you have a clear mind. But personally. Hell exist in a way. But it's not gonna burn everyone to the ground and the earth is destroyed. Jehovah made this world so we may live forever. Why would he destroy it? And torment people in hell? He's a god of love! This is cruel even for him. So no Hell is something else. And my beliefs is what I believe and what I been teached. I don't need someone say stuff otherwise cause it's not my place. Plus I don't have time.

    And Satan is a crafty devil. He's a bird catcher. A lion. A serpent. A dragon. He's evil itself. Satan has influence countless of people and are first parents. Jesus gave his life so we may live. John 3:16 - For god loved the world so much he gave his son so we may live, not to be destroyed, but to have everlasting life. He set the bar that Adam lost. And gave somehow meaningful to us.

    That's all I'm gonna say. If anything keep the peace and come with agreements. And don't reply if your gonna troll.
     
         

  14. #14
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,211
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    Quote Originally Posted by kobak View Post
    I agree with almost everything except that I'm an atheist. Yeah there are some things in the Bible or Jesus' example that are good but religions didn't make the world better...and I find it interesting that you say you are Christian but don't believe in the afterlife but as an atheist I also don't really care about what happens after death because nothing will
    I think you misunderstood lol. I do believe in some form of afterlife. I hope one exists because if it doesn't, life is insignificant and way, way too short. I know the idea of an afterlife seems silly, but I just choose to believe it If I do believe in some form of afterlife, then I'll be happy on my deathbed. And if there's no afterlife, then I won't know because I'll be nothing after I die.
    Quote Originally Posted by saaaaaadpanda View Post
    You should read Paradise Lost by Milton. It might shape the way you view God, Lucifer, and religion, plus it's a classic.
    So I've heard. I don't think I have the time to sit down and read that now though, lol. I'm in high school, but I'm in plays, which (you may not know) are very, very time-consuming. Last one was Macbeth, after it we had no break and started the next one the day after Macbeth was done. So I'm too busy rehearsing all day after school... But after awhile I'll have time and I may read it or at least part of it.
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member theRPGdude's Avatar
    Status
    theRPGdude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,566
    Location
    Currently living in unknown places
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    That disliked was by mistake. It was supposed to be a like.
     
         

  16. #16
    The Aspiring Writer ItachiLeeHatake's Avatar
    Status
    ItachiLeeHatake is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,825
    What a drag...
     



    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    I'm Christian and very much believe in after, Jesus Christ, God, Satan, etc. I respect people who aren't Christian, but are still good people. Though, I could never understand an atheist. How could one believe that nothing happens after death? That's absurd.
    My questions for atheists:
    -You believe that all the connections we make with people just disappear after death and are irrelevant?
    -You believe that nothing awaits those that have either died young or had a complete crap life or both? For example, a 5 year old boy gets killed in a car accident. So, you think that's it for his existence? WTF!
    -You believe nothing those of pure hearts and kindness aren't rewarded for putting up and staying strong in such a pathetic, sad world?
    -You believe those who bring nothing but evil and harm to others aren't punished after death? Let's say a serial killer has never been caught by the law and dies a natural death. That's it? He just dies and is never punished for his crimes?!
    -Things just happen to seem so perfect like this thanks to evolution? Penis just happens to go in vagina? The Earth just happens to be rich of oxygen, which is exactly what we creatures of the earth need to survive? There just happen to be a sun and a moon? The sun just so happens to be the perfect distance? Not close enough to burn us to death or far away enough for us not to get any warmth.
    -You doubt a universe could be created by one being. Most humans don't even have an IQ of 200, yet we are able to discover the science of our planet and such. If God has an IQ, it would be a never-ending number. So, what makes you think that God can't create the things that make up the universe? God created science as a way to test mankind's faith. If we were made of rubber or something like, but still able to see, hear, smell, talk, etc, then it'll be obvious that God existed. Though, since we are made up of such complex things, you doubt a being created us and evolution created did!?
    You people need to get real!
     
         
    Last edited by ItachiLeeHatake; 10-14-2012 at 04:12 AM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member theRPGdude's Avatar
    Status
    theRPGdude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,566
    Location
    Currently living in unknown places
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    Only source they can run to the Evolution and we all know that's false.
     
         

  18. #18
    Banned
    Status
    ~Kobak~ is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    43,015
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    I think you misunderstood lol. I do believe in some form of afterlife. I hope one exists because if it doesn't, life is insignificant and way, way too short. I know the idea of an afterlife seems silly, but I just choose to believe it If I do believe in some form of afterlife, then I'll be happy on my deathbed. And if there's no afterlife, then I won't know because I'll be nothing after I die.

    I see Sorry I really misunderstood it. I know that reasoning, it's quite comfortable, but as for me, if i don't believe in it, then I don't:shrug: Even if there was something after death, I dont care, I don't wanna live forever.
     
         

  19. #19
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,211
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadai View Post
    Question: Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't lucifer being sent down to hell namely because he did not want to accept having to obay God in treating Humans as equals? I mean think about it you are an Angel Gods right hand man and now you are being told to obay/respect something so lowly as Humans?

    Just something that came to mind is all.
    I have absolutely no idea. That is the kind of idea that I don't care about because I find it irrelevant. Plus, no one can answer that, they weren't there lol. The reason I talked about Hell and Satan is because that's why imagine the Christian Hell to be like, but I'm not certain. Humans will never be able to comprehend the magnitude of a god and what he does and why he does it. People who do say they know what God wants are arrogant. The thing about Hell just came to mind. But I digress, I dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    I read it and that's cool. As long as you don't go shoving your belief down throats, you're cool.
    Exactly. And thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    According to mephistophiles when questioned what a demon is doing out of hell in Dr. Faustus, merely living without god's love is hell in itself whether on earth or in hell.
    Faust is a very, very interesting piece of literature.
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowHype View Post
    So, you believe there's a higher power and some form of an afterlife? Just say that bro.
    Because I wanted to explain my thoughts in detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Prince View Post
    I dont mind if people have no religion. The only religion I hate is Scientology. The whole idea of it blows my mind.
    That's an example of how man totally eviscerates the idea of "God."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    I'm not religious and I Dnt belive in god not really anyway but I respect ur views and I agree with u on some points ur type of ppl is more needed then the overly religious ppl who shoves it down ur throat
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazivon View Post
    I liked your thoughts. +rep
    You really cleared my soul today.
    Thanks and glad to be of some unexpected help :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Rib View Post
    Heres proof that jesus is a real and god to, why do people get so work up over it if they dont believe in it? cause there eyes want to be open
    It's nowhere near that simple, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    Personlly. I'm the modest religion type. And I believe in the Bible and what it says. And to have an understanding of it and mediation is the key qualities of understanding Jehovah. I'm not prefect to understand his thoughts. But he can help me with the help of his spirit. I don't like to talk about these topics mainly because of different views. And people who are atheist don't want nothing to do with this. And with the free will we have. No one can choose for us. We can make our own paths and what we say determines are lives. I'm not gonna shove a bible into people's faces. What I do and teach to people is to have a better understanding of the bible. Were bible students.

    And with your thread. Sounds like you have a clear mind. But personally. Hell exist in a way. But it's not gonna burn everyone to the ground and the earth is destroyed. Jehovah made this world so we may live forever. Why would he destroy it? And torment people in hell? He's a god of love! This is cruel even for him. So no Hell is something else. And my beliefs is what I believe and what I been teached. I don't need someone say stuff otherwise cause it's not my place. Plus I don't have time.

    And Satan is a crafty devil. He's a bird catcher. A lion. A serpent. A dragon. He's evil itself. Satan has influence countless of people and are first parents. Jesus gave his life so we may live. John 3:16 - For god loved the world so much he gave his son so we may live, not to be destroyed, but to have everlasting life. He set the bar that Adam lost. And gave somehow meaningful to us.

    That's all I'm gonna say. If anything keep the peace and come with agreements. And don't reply if your gonna troll.
    You are an excellent example of a good Christian. Christianity definitely needs more people like you. And less like the f*cking Westboro Baptists...
     
         

  20. #20
    Disciple of the Fiery Leaf Shinoberic's Avatar
    Status
    Shinoberic is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    269
    Geaux Tigers!
     

    Re: Hell and Satan (and my views on religion)

    great belief.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •