Academy Student
    Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

Kakashi/Rin Theory

I know there's probably a thread similar to this theory out there but I just wanted to add a little bit more to it.

Theory:

Rin served as a Kabuto for the Mist in which she infiltrated the Leaf Village for as long as we can imagine. But like any child depicted in Masashi Kishimoto's story, they start to experience emotions and grow feelings with the people around them. All the feelings Rin have shared with her Leaf comrades were not fake emotions, but real emotions. The problem here is that being a Ninja, one must remember that the duty of a ninja comes before anything else. The time had come, it had come for Rin to return back to her native village and spoil all the important information she had gathered. But Rin's department didn't go perfect. Kakashi tailed her in suspicion and was then ambushed by the Mist Ninjas. Now, knowing Rin she wouldn't allow for the Mist Ninjas to kill Kakashi as after all those years of feelings she just absolutely can't let it happen. Rin will try her best to convince the Mist Ninjas that reinforcement is coming and that there is no time to deal with Kakashi and they must go immediately. Upon hearing this, there is no doubt in Kakashi's mind that Rin was a traitor all along. But Kakashi is outnumbered and he can't take them all on. So he quickly acted on his duty, the duty to prevent information about his home village being leaked to an enemy village. And with that Kakashi quickly used his Chidori to disperse of Rin, the holder of the important information. But doing so wasn't easy for Kakashi as he have lost someone very dear to him, someone so dear to him that he cannot believe was a traitor all along. There was no feelings of hatred in Kakashi, but sadness and sorrow. With that being done, Kakashi unknowingly unlocked his Mangekyo and suffered some deep pain that knocked him out unconscious. Thus not remembering anything that happens afterwards.

Academy Student
    Status
    Oct 2010
    This user has no status.

Re: Kakashi/Rin Theory

Kakashi/Rin Theory

All along i have been wondering what actually happened to Rin in the whole story, because her story was almost like passive in the whole scene until now. i wont be surprised to know she is a spy. the manga is really intriguing can't wait to get the next one. great theory from "ideafrommars"

Status
    May 2011
    fairy harp, valor sweet
    memories

It's totally possible man. She did say to Obito all odd and creepy "Im watching you" I thought that was an odd thing to say to someone.... m

Status
    May 2012
    dead to you

I'm with you. She probably was a Mist ANBU like Haku. Explains why the Mist needed to retrieve her body from the ENEMY.The manga never mentions her origin or parents being such an important sub-character. Rin was a spy from the Mist.