Status
    Jul 2012
    NERP

Positive News

It's needless to say that all we ever hear about anymore are negative stories; such as murder, war, racism, etc.
    Yet here I am saying it again.

I took some time to go find some positive stories out there, and I actually came up with quite a lot of interesting things. I ask myself why we never hear these during the news, or why we never read these on the morning paper. It's strange how the bad stuff is always looked at and the good stuff is forgotten. It goes for most things in life really.

I'll just be summarizing the stories, but if you want the links to them, or a more in-depth summary, fell free to ask.

Anyway, without further ado, here they are:

Family Saves 8 Drowning Children

A boy was out swimming in a lake one afternoon. At some point, he swam further out, not noticing the large drop-off point underneath him. Crying for help, the boy's friends swam out to help him, not realizing the situation he was in.

Sure enough, they were stuck in his same situation. Luckily enough, a nearby family noticed the drowning kids, and saved all 8 of them from almost certain death.

Father and Son Evacuate People Stranded by Isaac

Hurricane Isaac ravaged a small town in Louisiana, flooding it above house level.

Jesse Shafer and his son stayed out in the storm, and sailed around the town in fishing boats, scooping up as many people as they could possibly find.

They could very well have fled the site, along with everyone else, but they stayed behind to save as many people as possible.

The final count of lives saved was 120.

Daughter Lifts Car Off of Her Father

Alec, the father, was working on his car during the late afternoon until a jack slipped and he became pinned under it.

His daughter, who just so happened to be leaving the house at the time, lifted the ton-and-a-half car off of her father.

Immobile Veteran Walks Again

After being injured during the gulf war, Arthur Boorman was told he would never walk on his own ever again. He sure proved them wrong. I've included the video on this, if you want to watch it.

Those are just a few of what I found. I'm not very good at describing anything, nor am I good at summaries, but I just wanted to put some of these stories out there.

If anyone wants to share anything relevant to this, it's more than welcome here.

Status
    May 2012
    Take Me Home, To The place, I
    belong, West Virginia,
    Mountain Momma

Re: Positive News

ok then where is the rape and murder?

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

I feel good now. Love those shining feel good moments when bad things were avoided.

Banned
    Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by drxdroopy View Post
    What...

It says POSITIVE news. How is rape and murder positive?

Status
    Aug 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by drxdroopy View Post
    I could kill myself after reading what you wrote, you sir are a spaz.

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

The reason why positive stories are avoided on the news is because bad news sells, good news doesn't (this is why I dislike the human race actually, collectively we're all scum). There's actually an old song about this.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    The reason why positive stories are avoided on the news is because bad news sells, good news doesn't (this is why I dislike the human race actually, collectively we're all scum). There's actually an old song about this.
    There's also a newer song about this too. And this is true.