Page 5 of 6 « First 123456 Last»
    Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    hittin da bong. t(⊙_⊙)t

Re: Shippuden is a disgrace to naruto (long read)

@ prince Charles. Neji vs kiddomaru. One of the most tactical and probably one of the greatest fights throughout the entire manga/anime. He never criticized the manga plot or said he can make a better story but he's saying that the series has gone from intense fights like these where strategy and proficiency actually determined a fight to where now you have to be an uchiha, perfect jin, have mokuton, or rinnegan to be relevant to the story. And I agree the series isn't what it used to be. It's still an awesome manga but the elements of part one are what brought kishi's audience and it would have been nice if he stuck to them.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think long running animes have inconsistencies

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meh

Just shut the 4uck up.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never let anyone stop you. Go
    full force with what you
    believe in! Shine like the
    star you are!

Personally, if it wasn't for Shippuden, I probably would have stopped watching Naruto as a full :/ Imo, in the beginning of the series it had a good overall backstory for the main character, had good characters and focused alot on the group themselves. Then, after the Chunin exams arc, I really couldn't get into it. Why? Well for one, I couldn't STAND how weak Sakura was. I mean, she is the main heroin of the story and all she did was nothing but complain about getting stronger, and was usually kidnapped at some points, I liked her, but I was like "really?" This is just sad. Two, There were alot of fillers during that time of me remembering watching most of the series. Personally, Naruto as a whole was very slow for me. Not that much action, thinking alot was involved, but the only plot at the time time was to bring back Sasuke, and that's basically it :/

Now at least in Shippuden, Sakura has gotten an upgrade (FINALLY can hold her own) the story was improved 100 fold by adding more characters with unique backgrounds. New ninjutsu's and genjutsu's. As well as Arcs that were all interesting and well. Personally, i know that without the "original" Naruto series, there couldn't be a Shippuden, so it all comes together to blend in to help make the story better. Yes, there was ALOT of thinking involved in the original Naruto, but not enough action for me, and WAY to many flashbacks. We got it already Kishi, after showing Naruto's past for the 7th time, we get it >.> Yes, there are alot of flashbacks in Shippuden, but when they have them, it usually is during a good fight or talk and not just at a random given moment's notice.

Personally, i think the main reason you might feel you don't like Naruto, is because you may not quite understand what may be going on. There is ALOT involved in Shippuden that the original Naruto series didn't have (like more characters, more unique forms, genjutsu's and ninjutsu's that all vary) and by reading your post of personal opinions, what I make out of it, is that perhaps you miss the simplicity of what was Naruto. By reading one of your last opinions about "Kishi rushing through the end", how you came to that conclusion I still have yet to analyze. Afterall, the manga is not going to end for another year or two so calling the ending "rushed" right now is just making a false observation without giving it a shot UNTIL the end is announced. It's like saying midway of DragonBall Z during the Cell Saga saying "The ending was rushed" but the series wasn't done yet. Imo, Naruto Shippuden is what brought BACK alot of the Naruto fans that were getting tired of the show/manga, as I know ALOT by personal experienced that have started watching the show again as they started to say it was getting more "interesting" So yes, as it all comes down to opinion, the MAJORITY of the Naruto fan base pretty much continue watching Naruto imo, for this very reason. Afterall, there wasn't really much "story" to the original Naruto but to focus on "Bringing Sasuke back" in which he failed and then Filler Central took over until Shippuden arrived. Yes, they still are trying to get Sasuke back, but at LEAST there are more interesting arcs and enemies to keep us occupied with until then, instead of lame spoilers lol

I do however, understand where you're are coming from with you theory. It's like how I LOVED DBZ but HATED DBGT, but at LEAST the reason on why I disliked DBGT was because of the terrible story and character development. You really cannot say the same to Shippuden as imo, the story so far is VERY good and is only going to get better, but that is just me. Yes, the whole "If you don't have Senju blood in you or a jinchurki or Sharigan eyes, then you are basically trash" may be true, but look at DragonBall Z? If you aren't a Saiyan, you may as well take a seat and watch the fights, because EVERYONE else dies lol Yet, people STILL loved the show. Why? It had a good story, a great arsenal of characters and so forth. It all comes down to how well you interpret Naruto. I will never be able to change your opinion but I can at least tell you in my own words why I like it, as well as probably the millions of other fans too :3

This is personally my own opinion. I feel that, if it wasn't for Shippuden then I GAURENTEE YOU the Naruto craze would have died off...easily. You must be the minority that actually loved old school Naruto, as there are still fans like that, as well as those that enjoy the "New School" Naruto as well. Like I said, it all comes down to what you like.

Last edited by AnimeFanGirl4Eva; 10-12-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status

I for one agree with all of what he said.. If you think about it only 5 characters out of hundreds have gotten any better and now their so strong that the only people they can have a reasonable fight with are eachother. Can you see neji fighting sasuke now? Also there was a sen e of strategy in the first series and all we seem to see now is the classic I punch you you punch me back scenario. Cudos on this thread. I defiantly feel like the quality of this anime have dipped slightly

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree 110% and I read it all, I was thinking this to myself the other day it does feel like dbz I miss when they would hide analyze their opponent then strike now its like kamehameha in your Damn face especially when Naruto fights, I can say sasuke fights are a tad more tactful and entertaining to watch.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Im more pissed about the animation than the fights.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

no it's false

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kill Your Self!!!

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

1 the further we get into shippuden the more you will see tactics. For example kakashis army vs 7 swordsmen of the mist. That plan was extremly tactical.

2 Kishi is like 2 chapters away from explaining how that happened. I have yet to find an actual plot hole in this manga. I made 2 threads and noone could actually give me 1. And if you want to show us specific examples of timelines not lining up with the databooks be my guest.

3 I compare this manga to the greatest manga/anime ever made DBZ. It may be even better than DBZ before its over. Your complaning about there not being very many strong characters. PLEASE give me another anime that you can debate on the top 20 characters in the manga. I would love 2 read it.

4 what part of the fight with the five kage was rushed LOL. Kishi wanted to make it obvious that Madara was toying with them the whole time. If Madara was being serious the whole fight would have been over in 1 chapter.

Honestly Naruto was worse than Shippuden. It had a handful of good fights and it was slow as hell. The last quarter of it was Naruto training with J-man. Which it took longer for him to master the rasengan than it did for him to master SM and the rasenshuriken.

I do get what your saying that everybody spams basically 1 jutsu now but so what. There still a massive varity compared 2 any other anime

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i disagree with you in my openion the shippuden series is far batter than the naruto series.
    -the fights are great.
    -the storyline is exiting.
    -the characters devlopment is good.
    -the drawing has improved.
    i dont see anything wrong with it.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This thread is a disgrace to Naruto

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sit back and just breathe

And I'm out of here

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dream~ View Post
    I don't need to read your wall of text at all. I can get my answer right of by just reading your title.

Shippuden is no disgrace, first of all you probably can't draw and second of all you handle all you can't handle all this drawing, plotting, working, colouring and etc.

Nuff said.
    This

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikashu View Post
    Also, just because someone doesn't read your shitty wall of text that was summed up in the title, doesn't make their opinion worthless. your opinion has just as much worth as Dream's.
    I agree with this too

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Shippuuden is not a disgrace but i do agree with what you said. Naruto has just become to much like DBZ.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupAddicttt View Post
    Shippuuden is not a disgrace but i do agree with what you said. Naruto has just become to much like DBZ.
    Not really, technically, Naruto was always at that level, with SO6P, Madara, Hashirama etc etc. It digressed over the years, as the bloodlines split into other clans, their powers got distributed over a number of people.

It is fiction, minimally based on reality. If you want to watch the real thing, be my guest, watch it and get bored to a nap.

Wake up and come back to Naruto.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

agreed shippuden is crap........fk uchiha

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTA704 View Post
    1 the further we get into shippuden the more you will see tactics. For example kakashis army vs 7 swordsmen of the mist. That plan was extremly tactical.

2 Kishi is like 2 chapters away from explaining how that happened. I have yet to find an actual plot hole in this manga. I made 2 threads and noone could actually give me 1. And if you want to show us specific examples of timelines not lining up with the databooks be my guest.

3 I compare this manga to the greatest manga/anime ever made DBZ. It may be even better than DBZ before its over. Your complaning about there not being very many strong characters. PLEASE give me another anime that you can debate on the top 20 characters in the manga. I would love 2 read it.

4 what part of the fight with the five kage was rushed LOL. Kishi wanted to make it obvious that Madara was toying with them the whole time. If Madara was being serious the whole fight would have been over in 1 chapter.

Honestly Naruto was worse than Shippuden. It had a handful of good fights and it was slow as hell. The last quarter of it was Naruto training with J-man. Which it took longer for him to master the rasengan than it did for him to master SM and the rasenshuriken.

I do get what your saying that everybody spams basically 1 jutsu now but so what. There still a massive varity compared 2 any other anime

broky i dont now your age but the first time i see dbz was year 2000 and dbz die we frieza,,,.... after frieza die dbz was nothing,, new enemis stronges than goku and they need to became stronges than the enemi, that was dbz after frieza die...

so dont comepare naruto to dbz ever,, we all now that kishi fail in shippuden he came we the senju and uchiha stuped story even naruto is not senju and he dont have the life force and body of the senju went he is normal he need the power of the kyubi for that, we need to agreed that kishi is crazy lol

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss

While I still love the show...I have to kind of have to agree with you. I'm not so sure it's been rushed as much as I think Kishi is just running out of ideas where to take Shippuden. You are dead on with the Part I having more use of tactics. I think what made the match ups in part one so great is that they were heavily focused on taijutsu and the use of ninja tools (scrolls of summoning, Shadow Shuriken, Ninja wire, kunai and swords, smoke bombs, etc.) and those were complimented by Genjutsu and Ninjutsu which made those tech seem that much more spectacular when they used them.

Shippuden started out like this, but as soon as the ninja war began, it became all about spaming one Ninjutsu after another. Naruto and from what we've seen of Sasuke don't even really use Taijutsu anymore. They just call on Chakra mode and toss a thousand differnt variations of Rasengan or Pull out Susanoo to block every single attack made(lame for both of them)

....It just seems to me that Kishi is kind of running on empty for truly engaging fights...Still my hope is that everything will be made right when the time to fight Madara comes and at last Naruto and Sasuke face off. Really hope it doesn't become another Ninjutsu spam war!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by ShippudenRules View Post
    Let me start by saying that Shippuden>>>>>Original by a long shot.

-The storyline is deeper, darker, complex and more interesting then ever before.
    -The Akatsuki alone makes it better then the original serie. Badass top tier villains, not kid fighting each other anymore. Plus Orochimaru is back. We are in the big leagues now.
    -Knowing more stuff about other villages and their Kages/bodyguards. We are getting more infos on the history of Konoha and other villages.
    -The fights are more EPIC by far
    -Naruto vs Pein -Jiraiya vs Pein
    -Sasuke vs Itachi -Kakashi and team 10 vs Kakuzu and hidan
    -Sasuke vs Deidera -Sakura and Lady Chiyo vs Sasori
    -Taka vs Raikage/bodyguard followed by the other Kages
    -The entire flashback about the birth of Naruto plus his fight with the 9tails
    -The entire war arc (from chapter 559 till now, we saw some over the top crazy fights and it's impossible to deny that).

-Even if it's true that most of Konoha 11 aren't getting enough screen time or char. dev, many other characters have received a lot: Kakashi, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Orochimaru, InoShikaCho, other Kages plus some bodyguards, Naruto, Sasuke, Sai, all Akatsuki members etc.
    -Shippuden is also longer.

Also, it might be an anime about ninjas but it's Kishi's story. If he wanted them all to fly and throw laser beams from their eyes, it would be his decision.

Shippuden isn't perfect but it's a great manga, is quite intriging and BETTER then the original.

You guys are snapping way to quickly on Unbiased. You read what you wanted to and then attacked....Kind of like Shippuden, . He is not talking about the storyline. in regards to the story, Shippuden beats out part one by far...It's the match up. I'm fine with giant meteors being called from the sky, giant killer vines and flowers, windstorms, lightning bolts etc. It's the OVERUSE of these techs. Remember the Sauke VS itachi fight. there was a great mix of taijutsu with Ninjutsu and Genjutsu planted in at just the right time for a real headspin. Since the war, the opponents talk abit then immediately toss a large scale ninjutsu and then it's countered with an even larger justsu, then that jutsu is counter by another jutsu and no real fighting is done. The best fights in both part I and Part II are the ones that balance out both of them.

All the S-Rank ninja in Shippuden now, naruto included, seem too much like Gods! I mean look at kakshi and Gai. These guys were heavily stylized taijutsu experts and now they can take on and hold their own against most of the tailed beasts? Really?

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Through pain, people
    understand each other

I agree with most of your points, but Naruto vs Pain, highlighted Naruto"s plan and intelligence to a great extent. Nagato was the pompous one who did not plan, but Naruto planned.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

im hoping maybe they do the fights he left out in the manga in the anime. maybe it was a time constraint and they will add the fights in the anime? i hope. but there was thought in the fights, not as much as naruto but nonetheless it was thers.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

disagreed

creatcher of night julia maltellak's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    itache uchiha ready for battle

ya