Future Greatest Swordsman
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Stuck between a Rock and a Hard place lol...
    Looking for PICA!!!

MS Inspired?

I wrote yesterday in the Naruto 605 discussion / 606 prediction thread, how I changed my opinion how the MS ability is choosen to the person who's MS been activated.

Over the years I read Naruto, I always thought the ability of MS was gained from the Uchiha tablet hidden in the Uchiha district of Konoha Village. But with the recent revelation of Tobi = Obito, this guy never had a chance to read from the Uchiha tablet after he activated his Sharingan, so how did he come by MS Kamui?

It seems to me, the MS ability is choosen through the person they admired / hated /inspired by the most. So it's not like I always thought, fixed abilities which are learned from the Uchiha tablet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm assuming that (although fact that they have the MS abilities, reason why this belongs in Theory Lane).....

- Obito gained his S/T based MS due to the fact his jonin captain Minato used S/T, who he admired alot. While activating his MS it became a S/T type, which we know of Kamui. One that can be cast on himself (Obito) and the other that can be used as longranged (Kakashi).

MS inspired by: Minato Namikaze
    MS activation (Obito age 13/14yr): seeing Rin die
    MS activation (Kakashi age 13/14yr based on databook, but could have been 2 or 3 years younger than Obito): killing Rin

-Itachi has 2 different type of MS. Amaterasu (fire based) and the other Tsukyomi (genjutsu based). If we look back at his childhood, he was pushed hard by his dad to practise Katon. He was bestfriends with Shisui Uchiha.
    After he became a Jonin, he worked as an double agent to spy in ANBU and also spy on his own village for the ANBU.
    These things would play a huge role in his MS development.

MS inspired by: Fugaku Uchiha and Shisui Uchiha (read below ~Shisui~ profile)
    MS activation (age 13/14yr): probably killing Shisui (as he was asked by Shisui to help him stage his suicide)

- Shisui, he was known as Shisui the Mirrage, Shisui the Bodyflicker. We know only of one MS tech he used Kotoamatsukami (Itachi). Is the highest form of Genjutsu, which can permanent change the ideals of his opponent to that what he wants it to be. There are no facts that the other (Danzo) eye was a MS based (but we can assume when one eye reached MS the other should do to), which allowed to enter a persons mind and manipulate them by giving false experiences, while the victim is aware of his surrounding but unknowingly beeing manipulated.
    With Danzo gaining Shisui eye, I can only wonder what their relationship was about.

MS inspired by: Danzo Shimura
    MS activation (age ??yr): unknown (but highly probable gained MS before both eyes were taken)

- Sasuke, he admired and hated his brother the same time. It's logical that he obtained his brothers MS abilities.

MS inspired by: Itachi Uchiha
    MS activation (age 16/17yr): Seeing Itachi die

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing ^- this, we can speculate that Madara's MS lies strong into genjutsu types. As he was a clanleader of the Uchiha and infinite Tsukyomi was his idea. But what can his other MS ability do ..... Amaterasu, although we haven't seen him summoning it or is it one other genjutsu type.....?

Having 2 different MS abilities (Itachi, Sasuke) tells me that these guy's had a conflicted upbringing, while the ones who only has 1 type of MS (Obito, Shisui) had/has a dedicated goal in mind, before they activated their MS. So does Madara.

EDIT:
    To be clear:
    It's not that those abilities was given to them by those men. It's something they experienced in their enviroment during their upbringing. They locked to something they knew/seen/witness from a certain person they admire/hated/inspired by and gained proficiency in their eyes, which evolved to a technique as the Mangekyou Sharingan, whenever it's been activated. It's not like they gained Kamui, Tsukyomi, Kotoamatsukami, Amaterasu out of thin air.

Thoughts and idea's please.

Status
    May 2011
    Gyojin Killer [0/13]

Re: MS Inspired?

Not following you here

Future Greatest Swordsman
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Stuck between a Rock and a Hard place lol...
    Looking for PICA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Orochimaru~ View Post
    Not following you here
    I theorize that your MS ability is inspired by someone or something in your life is all lol. I am most likely wrong but its just a theory.

Status
    Nov 2011
    seems like i'm almost in a
    hapy place

totally confused

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Well, regardless of it being true or not, I highly doubt we will ever see any clarification in the manga about how the abilities in each eye are chosen or acquired. Nevertheless I enjoyed your post. It is a neat idea that a person's upbringing and social influences inspire what abilities spawn from achieving MS. I still would really like to see, in detail, whats written on the Uchiha wall/tablet though :D