Page 10 of 16 « First ... 67891011121314 ... Last»
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Standing in line to see the
    show tonight and there's a
    light on...

Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

Quote Originally Posted by scrmz View Post
    Evolutionists have no proof that an afterlife doesn't exist. Given that someone did return from the dead (which I assume they would not wish to believe despite plenty of eyewitness testimony), that's enough proof for me.

However, let's talk about proof for a minute.

Evolutionists have no proof that there is extraterrestrial life, but I'll bet a million scientists believe there is.

Evolutionists have no proof that evolution actually happened the way they say it did, but I'll bet they believe it.

Evolutionists have no proof that intelligence can evolve from inert matter, but I'll bet they believe it did.

Evolutionists have no proof that there are other universes, or that the Egyptians actually built the pyramids, but they choose to believe it (someone once proposed to me in all seriousness that apes actually built them - can you PROVE they did not??).

There are lots of things for which there is little or no proof (evolution being one), but people still believe in them. UFOs is another. People believe what they want to believe, and don't bore them with the facts.

Why did the universe have to have a start? That's an easy one to answer. First, you would have to have GREAT faith to believe it did not. Secondly, the SCIENTIFIC evidence indicates that the universe had a beginning. If it did not, there would not be two laws of thermodynamics which state that the total energy in the universe is a constant, but the energy available to perform work is running out (entropy). Therefore the universe had a beginning and that can be demonstrated scientifically. We don't need to believe it by faith. What we need to believe by faith is HOW that beginning came about. And it is not logical, given the scientific evidence, to believe that the complexity and structure in the universe, be it galaxies or atoms, came about by random chance processes. There is clear and obvious design present in all things from the largest to the smallest. Scientists recognize that, or there would not be scientific laws. Some of them just don't want to acknowledge that it could not have come about from nothing with no intelligent input. Which is a demonstration of their own lack of intelligent discernment of the facts.
    And what proof is there of a God besides a giant book that man created? Not trying to shoot you down, because I believe in neither God or science, I just know that I AM, I LIVE, and things like that are not meant for man to understand, science and religion has caused turmoil and strife for thousands of years, no good comes from it.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i dunno bro 50 & 50 sometimes i believe and sometimes not and and if i believe in a god it will be my personal god not muslim christ or some other just my god dont know how to explain it .

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    invisible

I have never believed in evolution despite what everyone around me says. Evolution is not science. Mutations are almost never positive(name one). Where are all these fossils of negaitve mutations? (There should be so many to make your head spin)And why are all these transitional fossils fully formed? It couldn't be just another animal that went extinct? Or perhaps variation? NO! It's evolution because Mr. Biologist says so cause the alternative would be catastrophic to their worldview. Where did life come from Mr. Scientist? From rocks, or perhaps soup? And you know this how? You were there? You saw it happen? Why don't you repeat it with the major technological advances we have today? Can't do it, can you? But it just started randomly? For no reason, single cells decided to evolve? Where are these single cell organisms today? 5 cells organisms? I wanna know Mr. Scientist. Tell me Mr. Scientist, why was there a fossil discovered a few days ago which states that "Feathers" must have been developed a lot earlier than previously thought? Also Mr. Scientist, how do you observe that this animal lived somewhere between 90 and144 million years ago? Do you not realize how big of a gap that is Mr. Scientist? To go from one million to two million years is a LONG time, yet alone the time you have set. But there is no way this animal could have lived 89 million years ago? Or 150 million years ago? And Mr. Scientist, please explain to me how all the functions of a single cell(more complicated than a space shuttle) formed simoultaniously in order for that cell to function? Also Mr. Scientist, why did we lose the majority of our hair? Was it cause evolution knew that we would make clothes and therefore thought ahead for us? And Mr. Scientist, please tell me how you know that the big bang happened? A dot blew up? Really? There are no alternatives? Not if Mr. Scientist says it happened this way. And Mr. Scientist, if there is no God, explain to me all the millions of supernatural occurences that happen on a daily basis? Are all these people liars Mr. Scientist?

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sasori345 View Post
    I have never believed in evolution despite what everyone around me says. Evolution is not science. Mutations are almost never positive(name one). Where are all these fossils of negaitve mutations? (There should be so many to make your head spin)And why are all these transitional fossils fully formed? It couldn't be just another animal that went extinct? Or perhaps variation? NO! It's evolution because Mr. Biologist says so cause the alternative would be catastrophic to their worldview. Where did life come from Mr. Scientist? From rocks, or perhaps soup? And you know this how? You were there? You saw it happen? Why don't you repeat it with the major technological advances we have today? Can't do it, can you? But it just started randomly? For no reason, single cells decided to evolve? Where are these single cell organisms today? 5 cells organisms? I wanna know Mr. Scientist. Tell me Mr. Scientist, why was there a fossil discovered a few days ago which states that "Feathers" must have been developed a lot earlier than previously thought? Also Mr. Scientist, how do you observe that this animal lived somewhere between 90 and144 million years ago? Do you not realize how big of a gap that is Mr. Scientist? To go from one million to two million years is a LONG time, yet alone the time you have set. But there is no way this animal could have lived 89 million years ago? Or 150 million years ago? And Mr. Scientist, please explain to me how all the functions of a single cell(more complicated than a space shuttle) formed simoultaniously in order for that cell to function? Also Mr. Scientist, why did we lose the majority of our hair? Was it cause evolution knew that we would make clothes and therefore thought ahead for us? And Mr. Scientist, please tell me how you know that the big bang happened? A dot blew up? Really? There are no alternatives? Not if Mr. Scientist says it happened this way. And Mr. Scientist, if there is no God, explain to me all the millions of supernatural occurences that happen on a daily basis? Are all these people liars Mr. Scientist?
    ↑↑↑↑↑

No Paragraphs

Last edited by Valen; 10-12-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stay healthy,eat fruit!

I can't add anything to your post. Fantastic! :scorps:

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

Believe in or don't believe in evolution, but to say there is little or no evidence for it is simply false. Its factually incorrect. If the evidence for evolution is unsatisfactory for then you can't accept any scientific evidence for anything ranging from atomic structure to gravity to why it rains. A plethora of valid scientific evidence exists for evolution, regardless of your own personal ignorance.

But that as much as I'll say about that in this thread, don't want to derail it.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Standing in line to see the
    show tonight and there's a
    light on...

Why is everyone talking about proof? There is little proof on one side, and practically none on the other lmao It's obviously not meant for us to understand, religion and science has caused nothing but turmoil and strife in our history, just let it be, we are here, that is all that matters. Science and religion only came about because people are scared of death and can't accept the fact they don't know what's after it, so to make themselves feel better, they come up with Gods floating in the clouds and big bang theories, it's all a bunch of non sense, who cares what happens when you die, we will find out once it happens, or we'll cease to exist.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

atheist say who created god but something must of come from nothing, that first thing must of come from nothing. I believe that first thing is god

Status
    May 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    NB oldies gang

I don't really understand Atheist's logic.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Quote Originally Posted by scrmz View Post
    There is clear and obvious design present in all things from the largest to the smallest. Scientists recognize that, or there would not be scientific laws. Some of them just don't want to acknowledge that it could not have come about from nothing with no intelligent input. Which is a demonstration of their own lack of intelligent discernment of the facts.
    Without debating the items one by one, like the reliability of said witnesses, the dissmissiveness of quantum physics (19th century TD laws vs Virtual Particles, HUP, etc), pyramids, aliens, etc. Explain the statement above the proof of the intelligence behind it. That is what interests me.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 10-12-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Life is very short, no one escapes death. what is death?

In this miserable life. Is that we live at random, who created us?
    Who creates the animals, the planets, the nature?
    Why I exsite?
    If you're a human you have to ask these questions. since ancient times, mankind has tried to find answers, then there were those who said that the moon is our god since it great, but there were other who thought that the sun is the true god because it's bigger.
    It gives us a conclusion that the human soul always seeks the truth.
    And how to find the truth?

I read all the religious books. And all speak of the same God (God, Dieu, Allah ...). This famous god sent several prophets to every nation and in different times.
    But according to Islam Muhamed was sent to all mankind oO
    Wow this is cool and how we believed in the prophets?
    Miracles ^ ^
    To convince people God gave powers to his prophets. And what really shocked me is the scientific miracles in the Quran!
    miracles in a book -_- ?

yes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akdd0TNMCuA

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

evolution most certainly makes sense, you jus dont understand it.. evolution is a theory like gravity is a theory.. there is nothing in our natural world that cannot be explained by random mutation combined with evolution by natural selection. Nothing works without that assumption, everything works with it... there is nothing too believe because it is scientific fact.. here is a summary of evolution for you- the concept that all organisms are related to each other by common ancestry.. its essential, its the unifying theme in biology.. the mechanism for evolution is natural selection, which is the survival of offspring best adapted to the conditions in which they live.. it works like this, individuals produce alot of offspring, much more than the environment can possibly sustain. these offspring are not identical, they have variations based on genetic differences that come from mutations and other cellular shit.. those offspring with the variations best suited for survival will grow to the age where they can reproduce, thus passing on these favorable adaptations to the next generation, wiping out the other dudes that dont have the adaptations.. thus, nature is selecting offspring and shaping the evolution of all species we werent created by a mistake, it took millions and millions of years.. you are very ignorant..

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I do believe in God, as I think, as complex as this world is, there must be someone who made nature as "perfect" as it is.

I have no proof, but I do not need to see, hear him in order to know He exists. Take for example, if a friend tells you he did "x" thing, you trust and believe what he just said, even though you did not see him do it. If we didn't trust anyone or anything, until we prove it is true, see it, etc; there wouldn't be any true friendship.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    invisible

Quote Originally Posted by 8thHokage View Post
    evolution most certainly makes sense, you jus dont understand it.. evolution is a theory like gravity is a theory.. there is nothing in our natural world that cannot be explained by random mutation combined with evolution by natural selection. Nothing works without that assumption, everything works with it... there is nothing too believe because it is scientific fact.. here is a summary of evolution for you- the concept that all organisms are related to each other by common ancestry.. its essential, its the unifying theme in biology.. the mechanism for evolution is natural selection, which is the survival of offspring best adapted to the conditions in which they live.. it works like this, individuals produce alot of offspring, much more than the environment can possibly sustain. these offspring are not identical, they have variations based on genetic differences that come from mutations and other cellular shit.. those offspring with the variations best suited for survival will grow to the age where they can reproduce, thus passing on these favorable adaptations to the next generation, wiping out the other dudes that dont have the adaptations.. thus, nature is selecting offspring and shaping the evolution of all species we werent created by a mistake, it took millions and millions of years.. you are very ignorant..
    Once again the typical "you're ignorant" brush off with absolutely no evidence to support your position. Because you know there is none.

All the available data refute evolution. Random mutations. Natural selection. Information genesis. Lack of transitional fossils (uh oh, I feel the retort coming on where you're gonna show me the few pathetic examples of so-called transitions evolutionists still parade around, when there should literally be mountains upon mountains of failed experiments in the fossil record). In any event, the theory has been thoroughly debunked. People like you want to hold onto it because you're fanatics who believe in the religious myth and you can't give it up for the real thing.

Now tell me where the genetic material came from, where the information it contains came from, how it arose that that information could be utilized to make a living thing, propagate itself, etc. All by random, blind chance, right? Nuttin' STUPID about THAT, is there?

You're digging your hole deeper, and don't even see the dirt caving in around you.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, got bored and came back here for a quick visit. I've said this once, hell, I've said it much more than once and I'll say it again.

I'm an atheist, and here's why.

Far back into the past, religious people fell onto their holy documents and had all their answers right there. Non-religious people had no answers, and didn't want to make anything up to satisfy themselves, so they "explored" in a sense and tried to understand why and how things worked. Due to their inspiration to explore and hypothesize, we've come about some of the greatest and most important advances in human history. We began discovering things like biology, and chemistry, physics, etc. etc. We looked for the answers instead of making up our own, or trusting a book to tell us the right answer.

So when you theists ask questions like "Well, where did the first living organism come about?" we don't have an answer. I'll be honest, we don't. But the thing is, we're looking for the answer to your question. Not only to please you or shut you up with an answer, but because we have motivation to understand things.

When you look through the eyes of an atheist, the world seems so much beautiful just because of how easily all of this, the trees or the sky, it could've all been gone. You begin to appreciate the world more and more when you realize how precise everything really does have to be.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That which makes the eye see, but cannot be seen by the eye. It can be realized through meditation, and one who realizes it will not question whether there is a God or not. There is only one way to know the Self, and that is to realize him yourself. I call it the Self, because i cannot call it a God, it doesn't have qualities.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Once again the typical "you're ignorant" brush off with absolutely no evidence to support your position. Because you know there is none.

All the available data refute evolution. Random mutations. Natural selection. Information genesis. Lack of transitional fossils (uh oh, I feel the retort coming on where you're gonna show me the few pathetic examples of so-called transitions evolutionists still parade around, when there should literally be mountains upon mountains of failed experiments in the fossil record). In any event, the theory has been thoroughly debunked. People like you want to hold onto it because you're fanatics who believe in the religious myth and you can't give it up for the real thing.

Now tell me where the genetic material came from, where the information it contains came from, how it arose that that information could be utilized to make a living thing, propagate itself, etc. All by random, blind chance, right? Nuttin' STUPID about THAT, is there?

You're digging your hole deeper, and don't even see the dirt caving in around you.
    there is alot of evidence, you could find all the answers to the questions you asked in your previous comment if you took some time and researched it, i promise.. evolution is fact, there is just no way too refute it.. It is the core principle and unifying theme in biology, without it there is no understanding of anything.. if you have ever taken anti-biotics, you have benefited from the understanding of evolution.. there is a point where if you keep saying, where did that come from, ok well than where did that come from, ok so where did THAT come from, that you will get too a point where it cant be explained.. no scientist will deny that there are many unknowns, but there are certain starting points where we can begin explaining things and have them make perfect sense.. all life on earth originating from bacteria by means of evolution are one of those starting points.. it makes complete and total sense if you understand the process and look at the evidence.. you should watch some videos and read some books..

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"Know thyself"- Plato. The ignorant think the Self can be known by the intellect, but the illumined know he is beyond duality of the knower and the known.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogracio View Post
    I do believe in God, as I think, as complex as this world is, there must be someone who made nature as "perfect" as it is.

I have no proof, but I do not need to see, hear him in order to know He exists. Take for example, if a friend tells you he did "x" thing, you trust and believe what he just said, even though you did not see him do it. If we didn't trust anyone or anything, until we prove it is true, see it, etc; there wouldn't be any true friendship.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This place still exists?

Quote Originally Posted by drknght View Post
    Just because one thing is associated with another, doesn't mean that one causes another. Correlation vs causation. Dark ages was a period of deterioration, but religion didn't stop anyone from developing. Progress comes from the risk, and we risk when we believe in God. There's not much to explain, it's just the matter of getting it.
    There is a DIRECT correlation between the sark ages and religion. You have to be absurdly blind to think otherwise.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't see why I would believe in something that I have never seen, god is simple a fantasy friend people had as kid.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    On my way back soon.

Google search all of your questions.
    It is very easy to make a list of questions, and expect not all of them to be answered.
    The only way you cannot understand the concepts you ask is if you have ever taken a freshman level biology course.

For instance, google search Sickle cell anemia.

Last edited by Son of God; 10-12-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It is through this inspiration to know truth, that renown thinkers of the ancient times realized the self. "Those who act without thought of personal profit and lead a well disciplined life discover in course of time the divine principle that all forms of life are one"- 4th millenia BC indian ascetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavoneo View Post
    Well, got bored and came back here for a quick visit. I've said this once, hell, I've said it much more than once and I'll say it again.

I'm an atheist, and here's why.

Far back into the past, religious people fell onto their holy documents and had all their answers right there. Non-religious people had no answers, and didn't want to make anything up to satisfy themselves, so they "explored" in a sense and tried to understand why and how things worked. Due to their inspiration to explore and hypothesize, we've come about some of the greatest and most important advances in human history. We began discovering things like biology, and chemistry, physics, etc. etc. We looked for the answers instead of making up our own, or trusting a book to tell us the right answer.

So when you theists ask questions like "Well, where did the first living organism come about?" we don't have an answer. I'll be honest, we don't. But the thing is, we're looking for the answer to your question. Not only to please you or shut you up with an answer, but because we have motivation to understand things.

When you look through the eyes of an atheist, the world seems so much beautiful just because of how easily all of this, the trees or the sky, it could've all been gone. You begin to appreciate the world more and more when you realize how precise everything really does have to be.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Its called free will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlad View Post
    I don't see why I would believe in something that I have never seen, god is simple a fantasy friend people had as kid.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    invisible

there is alot of evidence, you could find all the answers to the questions you asked in your previous comment if you took some time and researched it, i promise.. evolution is fact, there is just no way too refute it.. It is the core principle and unifying theme in biology, without it there is no understanding of anything.. if you have ever taken anti-biotics, you have benefited from the understanding of evolution.. there is a point where if you keep saying, where did that come from, ok well than where did that come from, ok so where did THAT come from, that you will get too a point where it cant be explained.. no scientist will deny that there are many unknowns, but there are certain starting points where we can begin explaining things and have them make perfect sense.. all life on earth originating from bacteria by means of evolution are one of those starting points.. it makes complete and total sense if you understand the process and look at the evidence.. you should watch some videos and read some books..

So far you've presented nothing of substance apart from the usual evolutionary brush offs. I can ditto the above for your own beliefs. Same old arguments in favor of evolution. All of which have been debunked. Nothing new. Ever. And your arguments are applied to your beliefs, too, because what you believe is a BELIEF and nothing more.

Give me one shred of factual, testable, repeatable evidence for how particles popped into existence, and then turned into plants, pandas, and people, all on their own. You see, even thinking people need to believe something about origins, so they have chosen this particular myth, which has no basis in reality.

The desperate attempts to "prove" the myth, like appealing to antibiotic resistance in bacteria (another falsified tenet of evolution) are pathetic at best. Here's the typical philosophical leap the evolutionist takes: "Bacteria develop antibiotic resistance. That PROVES that bacteria turned into Bob and Barbara over millions of years!" Oh boy!
    Antibiotic resistance does not demonstrate evolution for the following reasons: First, it arises in genetic material that is ALREADY present. I can't say that enough, but evolutionists just don't seem to get it. Second, when an antibiotic is introduced, bacteria that are ALREADY PRESENT and have resistance flourish, where the normal flora is killed off. Third, when the antibiotic is removed, the normal flora return and the resistant strains die out. Now, if you can tell me how that demonstrates how bacteria arose from nothing and turned into bacteria, then we'll be getting somewhere.

Reading book?Been doing that for over 10 years.
    Now, I'd suggest you go do what I've done, and read lots of books that discuss your beliefs from every angle (not just the ones you like) so you know what it says, and aren't just going on what someone else told you.Then read some of the late books out on darwinism's influence on Hitler, Stalin and the like.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

In ancient indian philosophy they discovered the universe if founded on two principles. One is rita: regularity. Without it no scientific discover would be possible; more importantly no moral discover would be possible. The second principle is yajna, sacrifice. If rita is law, then yajna is the human response to live in accordance with that law. The universe runs on renunciation; it is through this that we renounced delusions and heralded an age of profound scientifc discovery.