Page 13 of 16 « First ... 3910111213141516 Last»
Results 301 to 325 of 377
  1. #301
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,902
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsujan9484 View Post
    No wonder you become a global moderator

    Dumb me.

    Mental creation. Yep i agree somehow. And i also agree that god is also one of our mental creation.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Even the Vedic rishi wouldn't be.

    There was neither non-existence nor existence then.
    There was neither the realm of space nor the sky which is beyond.
    What stirred?
    Where?
    In whose protection?
    Was there water, bottlemlessly deep?
    There was neither death nor immortality then.
    There was no distinguishing sign of night nor of day.
    That One breathed, windless, by its own impulse.
    Other than that there was nothing beyond.
    Darkness was hidden by darkness in the beginning,
    with no distinguishing sign, all this was water.
    The life force that was covered with emptiness,
    that One arose through the power of heat.
    Desire came upon that One in the beginning,
    that was the first seed of mind.
    Poets seeking in their heart with wisdom
    found the bond of existence and non-existence.
    Their cord was extended across.
    Was there below?
    Was there above?
    There were seed-placers, there were powers.
    There was impulse beneath, there was giving forth above.
    Who really knows?
    Who will here proclaim it?
    Whence was it produced?
    Whence is this creation?

    The gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
    Who then knows whence it has arisen?
    Whence this creation has arisen
    – perhaps it formed itself, or perhaps it did not

    the One who looks down on it,
    in the highest heaven, only He knows
    or perhaps (even) He does not know.

    -The Creation Hymn of Rig Veda
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 10-15-2012 at 02:18 PM.

  2. #302
    A Fan of Naruto Series Tsujan9484's Avatar
    Status
    Tsujan9484 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,289
    Location
    Kathmandu,Nepal
    I was here.........
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. Even the Vedic rishi wouldn't be.
    Wow! I am impressed. Did not know that. You really are amazing when it comes to discussions.

    plus rep. I know it means nothing to you...but it is the only thing i can do to show my appreciation.




    P.S Please tell me your fav character in OP? I bet 50 bucks for your answer as Robin.
     
         
    Last edited by Tsujan9484; 10-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.

  3. #303
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,902
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsujan9484 View Post
    I know

    You a history student? or someone like Robin?
    Nope. Geo physics and the law graduate. I read history, mythology and quotes from Upanishad just because it interests me. That's how I got attracted to the manga Naruto- the extensive use of Japanese myths and then Kishi making his own version of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tsujan9484 View Post
    Wow! I am impressed. Did not know that. You really are amazing when it comes to discussions.

    plus rep. I know it means nothing to you...but it is the only thing i can do to show my appreciation.




    P.S Please tell me your fav character in OP? I bet 50 bucks for your answer as Robin.

    Thank you.

    lol @ Robin but yeah I like to find out history and stories behind names and locations etc.
     
         

  4. #304
    Sirius Eternal Solitude's Avatar
    Status
    Eternal Solitude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,352
    Location
    Bakatuts
    Eternal Blue
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    There's no such thing as..........................

     
         

  5. #305
    Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Shiina.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,002
    Location
    The Netherlands. ^^
    For the corps!
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    I believe...

    I believe someone (greater than us) made the beautiful sky above us ^^
    Yes, I believe in god >_>
     
         

  6. #306
    -Vegeta's Avatar
    Status
    -Vegeta is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26,515
    Location
    Amegakure no Sato
    Status: > than Kakarot
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    I love how you completely debunk religion, provide actual PROOF that it's a bullshit fairytale created to kep the masses in check, and the idiots still say shit like "god has provided proof". What proof, The Kuran? The Bible? anything else that WASNT WRITTEN BY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Morons I tell you.

    I love the built in excuse of "You just gotta have faith, it says so right in the bible" ****ing idiots
     
         

  7. #307
    Zoros brother Itachi Minato's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Minato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,676
    Location
    Planet Vegeta
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranificent View Post
    I love how you completely debunk religion, provide actual PROOF that it's a bullshit fairytale created to kep the masses in check, and the idiots still say shit like "god has provided proof". What proof, The Kuran? The Bible? anything else that WASNT WRITTEN BY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Morons I tell you.

    I love the built in excuse of "You just gotta have faith, it says so right in the bible" ****ing idiots
    now u are being rude. Im not christian but im sure people will be offended. Dont call people idiots cos they believe in the bible
     
         

  8. #308
    -Vegeta's Avatar
    Status
    -Vegeta is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26,515
    Location
    Amegakure no Sato
    Status: > than Kakarot
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Sorry....idiot

    J/k, but still I we might as well have a debate as to whether Santa is real, I mean at least that guy has a postal address lol

    Religion may have worked in the past but It doesn't fit today's world. Every person that looked in the mirror this morning to make sure they look OK is guilty of vanity (OH NO!!) It's an out dated set of rules that christians themselves can't even follow
     
         
    Last edited by -Vegeta; 10-15-2012 at 10:49 PM.

  9. #309
    Heathen. ImmaculateShadow's Avatar
    Status
    ImmaculateShadow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    436
    Location
    Fólkvangr
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranificent View Post
    Sorry....idiot

    J/k, but still I we might as well have a debate as to whether Santa is real, I mean at least that guy has a postal address lol

    Religion may have worked in the past but It doesn't fit today's world. Every person that looked in the mirror this morning to make sure they look OK is guilty of vanity (OH NO!!) It's an out dated set of rules that christians themselves can't even follow
    A few things your not taking in to account:

    — Folk spirituality is not the same as religion. That needs to be made clear. One is community oriented while the other is top down institution.

    — Nationalism is what is feeding a lot of the worlds Fundamentalism. Certainly with the US.

    — Oppression is feeding of Fanaticism. Certainly with highly populated Muslim countries.

    — Institutions of all kinds, from Governments, to the Catholic Church & the Mormon Church, are power structures. Like all power structures they are inherently inhumane, tyrannical & power hungry.

    So blaming 'religion' as a blanket statement isn't actually going to solve any thing because Nationalism will always take new forms.
     
         

  10. #310
    Sydney's Halo Grim's Avatar
    Status
    Grim is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,453
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Why there's so much topics about ''do you believe in God'' it's annoying. Why not ask who is god? Extraterrestrial? Something like in movie promotheus? Many of you don't know but freemasons believe that god is - architect aka Extraterrestrial.
     
         

  11. #311
    Heathen. ImmaculateShadow's Avatar
    Status
    ImmaculateShadow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    436
    Location
    Fólkvangr
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Why there's so much topics about ''do you believe in God'' it's annoying. Why not ask who is god? Extraterrestrial? Something like in movie promotheus? Many of you don't know but freemasons believe that god is - architect aka Extraterrestrial.

    Actually the question of "Do you believe in ..." is so broad that you could just tell us what you think.

    Besides the idea of a Mason allied race of pro-bono proctologists from space, sounds like an intelligence test.

    Belief — FAIL

    Disregard — WIN
     
         

  12. #312
    Senior Member
    Status
    ~Hasashi~ is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,261
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    What does evolution prove? Nothing, it just says there was a never ending cycle, but where does the cycle start? Something has to have started it, right? That's why I think there is a god, science is merely an explanation of the things god created, it explains how god created the world to work, god created science after all.

    I'm not religious btw, I just believe there is a god.
     
         

  13. #313
    Member 8thHokage's Avatar
    Status
    8thHokage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    579
    Location
    ATL
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

     
         

  14. #314
    ★Darth Vader★ Anakin Skywalker's Avatar
    Status
    Anakin Skywalker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    921
    Luke is my son?!!!!....I have
    a son !!!!
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    to answer your question: i DO NOT believe in any version of god

    For all the people in base,this these threads about god keeps getting annoying
    i would like to explain what i think its my opinion so dont flame

    first we need to differentiate believing in God and believing Religion

    if you belivee in GOD-> then you believe in a higher power who created everything we see in the world,and you believe you need his help in living you life.

    if you believe in Religion-> then you believe in what other men have said about a particular version of god , remember the things professed by religion are things made up by men 2000 if not more years ago

    The reason i do not believe in either religion or any kind of god is because there is no convincing proof at all for he existence of god and the things taught by many religion

    DONT SAY THAT IF THERE IS NO GOD WHY CANT I PROVE THAT GOD DOESN'T EXIST.
    BECAUSE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PROVING ANYTHING RESTS WITH THE PERSON WHO SAYS THAT HE HAS FOUND SUMTHING
    If i say i have found unicorns in my backyard then its my responsibility to prove to others
    here i am not saying that i have found sumthing, its the religious people saying that they have found god or that they believe in god so its their responsibility be prove his existence.i am merely saying that i dont believe because i dont see any evidence
     
         

  15. #315
    -Vegeta's Avatar
    Status
    -Vegeta is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26,515
    Location
    Amegakure no Sato
    Status: > than Kakarot
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    according to polls, god is either the Ramen guy, Kagami, or Obito
     
         

  16. #316
    -Vegeta's Avatar
    Status
    -Vegeta is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26,515
    Location
    Amegakure no Sato
    Status: > than Kakarot
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaculateShadow View Post
    A few things your not taking in to account:

    — Folk spirituality is not the same as religion. That needs to be made clear. One is community oriented while the other is top down institution.

    — Nationalism is what is feeding a lot of the worlds Fundamentalism. Certainly with the US.

    — Oppression is feeding of Fanaticism. Certainly with highly populated Muslim countries.

    — Institutions of all kinds, from Governments, to the Catholic Church & the Mormon Church, are power structures. Like all power structures they are inherently inhumane, tyrannical & power hungry.

    So blaming 'religion' as a blanket statement isn't actually going to solve any thing because Nationalism will always take new forms.
    This size and font reminds me of that son of god character with the picture of Jesus for his profile pic. Who signs up to NB with the user name son of god anyways
     
         

  17. #317
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,538
    Location
    Den Haag
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xentinel View Post

    I agree too. I didnt say Science is wrong. Science and religion has been never clash together. Until some certain theories were made it actually clash. However, note the word THEORIES.
    I'm sorry but you say that they're THEORIES. But religion itself to some people is a MYTH. [NOTE : TO SOME PEOPLE.] So saying that because they're theories you can't say that they're right because there is not sufficient evidence, that's why it's a theory, not enough evidence, where's all the evidence that God existed? There isn't much.
     
         

  18. #318
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,538
    Location
    Den Haag
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by miino View Post
    so u dont believe in heaven or hell right?!
    a logical proof ha! so who created the earth and the sky and the moon and the other planets ? and how was the first man ever created??
    bro we need to talk
    Sorry I just had to reply to this as well, every time I see this post it gets me annoyed. You may believe in God, I respect that but saying that bluntly is just arrogant.
     
         

  19. #319
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    15,972
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hasashi~ View Post
    What does evolution prove? Nothing, it just says there was a never ending cycle, but where does the cycle start? Something has to have started it, right? That's why I think there is a god, science is merely an explanation of the things god created, it explains how god created the world to work, god created science after all.

    I'm not religious btw, I just believe there is a god.
    Your view of the world is impossible to disprove. Fin.
    I could pour load after load of science into your lap and you'd be able to say 'God did it' or 'the data is corrupt' over and over again. Consider, however, that God is unnecessary. Like you said; "science is merely an explanation of the things god created, it explains how god created the world to work," If what you say is true, where does that put God? If we can explain all God's creations, then what? Why is it so important for God to exists? Organized Religion is completely unnecessary if Science can explain everything.
     
         

  20. #320
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,538
    Location
    Den Haag
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    Your view of the world is impossible to disprove. Fin.
    I could pour load after load of science into your lap and you'd be able to say 'God did it' or 'the data is corrupt' over and over again. Consider, however, that God is unnecessary. Like you said; "science is merely an explanation of the things god created, it explains how god created the world to work," If what you say is true, where does that put God? If we can explain all God's creations, then what? Why is it so important for God to exists? Organized Religion is completely unnecessary if Science can explain everything.
    I agree on that view (: science holds many answers that can happen in the future, however religions proof is mainly theoretical as well or very old >.<
     
         

  21. #321
    Evil Boy Genius Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,513
    Location
    DWMA
    #panneverfails
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Morgan Freeman played him. #Fact
     
         

  22. #322
    Nos Venerabilem Nirvāṇa's Avatar
    Status
    Nirvāṇa is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,006
    Location
    The Path of Philosophy and Enlightenment
    zenryoku@hotmail.co.uk
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    Your view of the world is impossible to disprove. Fin.
    I could pour load after load of science into your lap and you'd be able to say 'God did it' or 'the data is corrupt' over and over again. Consider, however, that God is unnecessary. Like you said; "science is merely an explanation of the things god created, it explains how god created the world to work," If what you say is true, where does that put God? If we can explain all God's creations, then what? Why is it so important for God to exists? Organized Religion is completely unnecessary if Science can explain everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekuru View Post
    I agree on that view (: science holds many answers that can happen in the future, however religions proof is mainly theoretical as well or very old >.<
    I believe that science holds answers for many things that religion or philosophy cant as they deal with factual evidence through the physical proof, whereas religion and philosophy answers things through faith and understanding which can be seen by scientists as merely theory but it still is a a way to understand the world around us the big problem is that both areas have many who wish to disprove of each other and that there isnt a middle ground but thats souly down to the individuals believe and understanding, i myself love the understanding of things from both science and philosophical understanding to neglect one or the other would be in my eyes naive as many will claim to have respect for others but do not keep to their words which is a shame.
     
         

  23. #323
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,538
    Location
    Den Haag
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvāṇa View Post
    I believe that science holds answers for many things that religion or philosophy cant as they deal with factual evidence through the physical proof, whereas religion and philosophy answers things through faith and understanding which can be seen by scientists as merely theory but it still is a a way to understand the world around us the big problem is that both areas have many who wish to disprove of each other and that there isnt a middle ground but thats souly down to the individuals believe and understanding, i myself love the understanding of things from both science and philosophical understanding to neglect one or the other would be in my eyes naive as many will claim to have respect for others but do not keep to their words which is a shame.
    I understand where you're coming from and that there could be a middle ground, but personally I don't believe in god as of now.

    Also I dont think I've said anything to upset anyone and hopefully I've kept my word when I said I respect others views
     
         

  24. #324
    Nos Venerabilem Nirvāṇa's Avatar
    Status
    Nirvāṇa is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,006
    Location
    The Path of Philosophy and Enlightenment
    zenryoku@hotmail.co.uk
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekuru View Post
    I understand where you're coming from and that there could be a middle ground, but personally I don't believe in god as of now.

    Also I dont think I've said anything to upset anyone and hopefully I've kept my word when I said I respect others views
    its not so much there could be i think there is a middle ground its up to people to believe and allow it and did you see my other post before about what i feel the context of god could be ?
     
         

  25. #325
    Senior Member
    Status
    ~Hasashi~ is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,261
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    Your view of the world is impossible to disprove. Fin.
    I could pour load after load of science into your lap and you'd be able to say 'God did it' or 'the data is corrupt' over and over again. Consider, however, that God is unnecessary. Like you said; "science is merely an explanation of the things god created, it explains how god created the world to work," If what you say is true, where does that put God? If we can explain all God's creations, then what? Why is it so important for God to exists? Organized Religion is completely unnecessary if Science can explain everything.
    I termed it wrong, science is merely an explanation of how god runs the world.

    For example, I can throw a ball, you can explain how I am throwing the ball all you want, and it all may be true, but I am still throwing the ball. Same thing with god, god runs the world, if you don't believe in the god then you can say science explains everything and there is no reason for god, but if you do believe in the of god then the answer is simple, god runs science too. Your explanation is science moves on it's own, mine is god is moving science.

    For the record, no we can't explain all of gods creations, a lot of things remain a mystery to us, things science can try to explain, but are still kinda weird. Such as, the bremuda triangle, how animals can migrate without getting lost, the big bang(which is the basis for all scientific theories) no scientists can really explain what start it, it just pops up and says there was a lot of hot stuff and it all went boom(lol), the only logical answer to all these questions is god, and the reason god seems like such an unreasonable answer is because god is supposed to be infinite, there is no way we can understand god, people say god isn't real.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •