Page 14 of 16 « First ... 410111213141516 Last»
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Secret Rendezvous

Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

I believe in God. I enjoy science. The explanation of how things work in our world. I never understand why the two can never intermingle?

I'm a Muslim and I believe strongly on balance and meditation. Having mind, body and spirit working for you and not against you.
    I believe God gave us a manual to assure our safety in the next life, and how to use our bodies to their maximum potential and purpose for our current one.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvāṇa View Post
    its not so much there could be i think there is a middle ground its up to people to believe and allow it and did you see my other post before about what i feel the context of god could be ?
    Yeah I did and I agree there could be a middle ground, I just haven't felt it myself, I guess you could say I'm spiritual

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    zenryoku@hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Zekuru View Post
    Yeah I did and I agree there could be a middle ground, I just haven't felt it myself, I guess you could say I'm spiritual
    So how did you like my understanding of the context of which god could be? im also someone who doesnt believe in a God but through the understanding of philosophy i came to that conclusion of my own understanding

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    > than kakarot

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranificent View Post
    Is it actually possible for you to respect any views but your own? You're so arrogant.

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    zenryoku@hotmail.co.uk

Is it actually possible for you to respect any views but your own? You're so arrogant.
    Ya should just ignore him, hes only trying to incite arguments and has no wish to keep this thread as a friendly debate

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!

I believe that science holds answers for many things that religion or philosophy cant as they deal with factual evidence through the physical proof, whereas religion and philosophy answers things through faith and understanding which can be seen by scientists as merely theory but it still is a a way to understand the world around us the big problem is that both areas have many who wish to disprove of each other and that there isnt a middle ground but thats souly down to the individuals believe and understanding, i myself love the understanding of things from both science and philosophical understanding to neglect one or the other would be in my eyes naive as many will claim to have respect for others but do not keep to their words which is a shame.
    I totally follow you as far as philosophy goes. Philosophy, in some cases, is simply too theoretical to be supported scientifically. However; philosophy deals with the study of 'problems' in general, it doesn't need faith to function, just understanding and acceptance. Religion, from a purely philosophical point of view, is extremely interesting; presenting solutions in poetic ways and teaching lessons through stories. What seperates religion from philosophy, however, is faith. Faith presents the complete removal of the middle ground of which you speak, especially because organized religion is built around dogma. Where philosophers question each other constantly, religion is silent; never questioning itself.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...

So how did you like my understanding of the context of which god could be? im also someone who doesnt believe in a God but through the understanding of philosophy i came to that conclusion of my own understanding
    I like what you're saying, and I love that you bring pholisophy and science together. Once put together by someone who is as broad minded as you are it's quite fascinating that sounds like I'm sucking up to you but that really is how I feel

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

OK — let me show you some thing interesting —

Quote Originally Posted by ~Hasashi~ View Post
    I termed it wrong, science is merely an explanation of how the gods run the world.

For example, I can throw a ball, you can explain how I am throwing the ball all you want, and it all may be true, but I am still throwing the ball. Same thing with the gods, the gods run the world, if you don't believe in the gods then you can say science explains everything and there is no reason for the gods, but if you do believe in the gods then the answer is simple, the gods runs science too. Your explanation is science moves on it's own, mine is the gods are moving science.

For the record, no we can't explain all of the creations of the gods, a lot of things remain a mystery to us, things science can try to explain, but are still kinda weird. Such as, the bremuda triangle, how animals can migrate without getting lost, the big bang(which is the basis for all scientific theories) no scientists can really explain what start it, it just pops up and says there was a lot of hot stuff and it all went boom(lol), the only logical answer to all these questions is the gods, and the reason the gods seems like such an unreasonable answer is because the gods are supposed to be infinite, there is no way we can understand the gods, people say the gods aren't real.
    See what I did there? ^^^

Supreme Sifu of the Fists Strata Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Learning Hado and Kido Spells under Blinkie Uchiha in Karakura Town.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be on the "Navy
    tub" for 9 long months. I
    shall return.

This religion thread is yet still open?!?!?

*whistles*

Then I saw "His" face! Now I'm a believer! Dun dun dun dun dun!

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    > than kakarot

Not arrogant, just at the end of a path y'all are still on. I studied much on religion and finally discovered the truth

Ya should just ignore him, hes only trying to incite arguments and has no wish to keep this thread as a friendly debate
    Not trying apparently lol, there is NO WAY to have a friendly debate over religion. You can't tell people 2+2=4 if they chose to do nothing but believe it equals 3. Not even showing them the problem being solved on a calculator will convince them. You get my metaphor there? This is the wrong place for this shit anyways. Who the hell really gets on an anime site wondering what everyone else's opinion is about who's god is bigger anyways? I can't stand people who can't understand simple logic and chose to believe what they've been pumped full of their whole life

edit- after careful consideration I have to agree with both of you. For some reason I was trying to start an argument about it, probably because of issues in real life that have nothing to do with y'all or your opinions.
    And I was being arrogant, I apologize for this. I'm really not the right guy for this kind of talk and should stick to the regular Naruto themed threads.

Last edited by -Vegeta; 10-18-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I used to believe. Now I'm not sure. I lean away from the idea of a god before I lean towards the idea. Mainly because there's no physically analyzable proof. But I'm not certain. I don't think anyone can be.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    > than kakarot

Quote Originally Posted by Strata Spartan View Post
    This religion thread is yet still open?!?!?

*whistles*

Then I saw "His" face! Now I'm a believer! Dun dun dun dun dun!
    ...but still...THIS...made my day lol I thank you with a + rep

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    zenryoku@hotmail.co.uk

Not arrogant, just at the end of a path y'all are still on. I studied much on religion and finally discovered the truth

Not trying apparently lol, there is NO WAY to have a friendly debate over religion. You can't tell people 2+2=4 if they chose to do nothing but believe it equals 3. Not even showing them the problem being solved on a calculator will convince them. You get my metaphor there? This is the wrong place for this shit anyways. Who the hell really gets on an anime site wondering what everyone else's opinion is about who's god is bigger anyways? I can't stand people who can't understand simple logic and chose to believe what they've been pumped full of their whole life

edit- after careful consideration I have to agree with both of you. For some reason I was trying to start an argument about it, probably because of issues in real life that have nothing to do with y'all or your opinions.
    And I was being arrogant, I apologize for this. I'm really not the right guy for this kind of talk and should stick to the regular Naruto themed threads.
    Well il point out that you can have a friendly debate, it just requires both parties to actually show acceptance of others oppinions and you shouldnt just back out it will be good for you to speak with others with different oppinions so that the middle ground can be formed between you and them but least you have shown the first step with the edit which is good progress still so do continue to debate

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

I do believe in God, but not in religion.
    No offence to the others, but to me, religion has transformed and it was every since old times, a tool for mass-population control.
    The only "religion" I tend to believe in are the manuscripts from the Dead Sea. Not many have heard about them, still, they exist. I saw a movie based on real facts that was forbidden and some documentary when I was younger. The movie I know it was Stigmata, but can't remember the documentary.

However, in those manuscripts the idea was that God was inside of us, in the faith we have, not in the houses of wood and stuff.

The most inspirational quote for me was this one from the movie, and I tend to agree with it to the max.

"Jesus said: the Kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you, not in mansions of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood... and I am there, lift a stone... and you will find me. "

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    All my west side b*tches throw
    it up

I believe in God. However, there's so many things I question about what He's done.

For example, He allows turmoil, disaster, death and sin to exist because of a bet with Satan. You can try to sugarcoat it, but in the end, Satan made a bet with God and God allowed us to suffer and pay for the sins of Adam and Eve so He can win.

It also bothers me why He couldn't just get rid of sin without having to sacrifice Jesus. God is the highest, so why couldn't He just get rid of it? It's not like there's someone saying to Him "Hey, no. You can't do that. Rules, RULES, man." And why did He get angry when Jesus was killed if He himself sent him to be killed on a mission to get rid of sin.

God also strikes me as childish, or having childish characteristics sometimes. He has all the things anyone can ask for: omnipotent, infinite wisdom, immortality, and not a care in the world, never having to worry about ANYTHING but gets angry and mad when some people on a rock don't worship or acknowledge him? Seriously?

And I love how God knew Lucifer was gonna turn into Satan, but made him anyway and allowed him to plunge the world into turmoil.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I believe in God. But, I'm not a ''real christian'' cause sometimes I don't follow God's rules. But I know there is a God.

Some members are saying that the reason why God is real has no logic. The problem is that they can't expalin how ''Big-Bang'' theory is logical. We don't really know the truth. Maby there is no God. So when we don't know the truth (about this) we can't say a logical reason why God or why God doesn't exists.
    But...I believe Unicorns are real. Nuff Said!

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Secret Rendezvous

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    I believe in God. However, there's so many things I question about what He's done.

For example, He allows turmoil, disaster, death and sin to exist because of a bet with Satan. You can try to sugarcoat it, but in the end, Satan made a bet with God and God allowed us to suffer and pay for the sins of Adam and Eve so He can win.

It also bothers me why He couldn't just get rid of sin without having to sacrifice Jesus. God is the highest, so why couldn't He just get rid of it? It's not like there's someone saying to Him "Hey, no. You can't do that. Rules, RULES, man." And why did He get angry when Jesus was killed if He himself sent him to be killed on a mission to get rid of sin.

God also strikes me as childish, or having childish characteristics sometimes. He has all the things anyone can ask for: omnipotent, infinite wisdom, immortality, and not a care in the world, never having to worry about ANYTHING but gets angry and mad when some people on a rock don't worship or acknowledge him? Seriously?

And I love how God knew Lucifer was gonna turn into Satan, but made him anyway and allowed him to plunge the world into turmoil.
    Errr I'm sorry to intercept...but a lot of the questioning is more than a simple misconception.
    Like you said God is omnipotent, infinite. Not human. Above all creatures. He's automatically out of our mind's understanding.
    A world without all this disaster, turmoil, death etc would simply be paradise.
    If you believe in the afterlife, this world becomes nothing more than a test and struggle. It's through that struggle that an individual can either come out on top, no matter how much life shits on them, and make God happy, by keeping faith and practice strong.
    Many people relate God with humanly qualities. That becomes the first mistake.
    God being childish? Really? I'd call it being simple and straight forward. Disobey and continue getting carried away with materialism, after understanding and being informed and you get punished. God is the only judge, what you don't understand is not a reason to not go looking up information to answer your questions. Repent, and he brings mercy.

I'm not 100% sure how Christianity perceives the story of Jesus.

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    zenryoku@hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post

How bout we percieve what you said in a different light, in human society you could say this was done for the purpose of humans to determine what is to them good or evil but in a nonhumane way the acts he would of undertook as you said can be seen as neither because he is not human and therefore human concepts do not apply to his actions just like how the way of life acts, a bear killing a deer or fish its not a good or bad act its life hopefully this can put a different spin on that

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    > than kakarot

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

research people, use your own mind and THEN decide for yourself. if I say "there is no god" I'll get flamed for trying to start fights but it's cool for other to post about god factually and tell others to 'repent' lol

to me the idea of being god fearing is a complete oxymoron. I thought the guy is supposed to love us all equally, why should I fear something like this.

I think I give god more credit than y'all. If he does exist, i doubt someone who can create light and darkness on the 1st day ever and then create the sun and moon 3 days later couldn't find a way to show his face and end all this senseless violence by simply saying "Look I'm real"

No, I guess your god would rather let millions of people continue to be slaughtered over the issue of who's right.

And enough of the petty excuses of 'god doesn't cure cancer and lets babies die to test our faith and if your a good enough person you might get into a fictitious place with streets paved in gold (why god would need earthly materials like gold streets is beyond me, oh wait, probably because heaven was a representation of what the men writing the bible found to be valuable

Last edited by -Vegeta; 10-18-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    > than kakarot

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/ The bible, and on the side, why it is wrong.

In Genesis 1:1, the earth and "heaven" are created together "in the beginning," whereas according to current estimates, the earth and universe are about 4.6 and 13.7 billion years old, respectively.

In Genesis, the earth is created (1:1) before light (1:3), sun and stars (1:16); birds and whales (1:21) before reptiles and insects (1:24); and flowering plants (1:11) before any animals (1:20). The order of events known from science is in each case just the opposite.

(1:3-5, 14-19) "Let there be light"
    God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?

(1:6-8) The Firmament (Heaven)
    God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters.

(1:11-13) "Let the earth bring forth grass"
    Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). Notice, though, that God lets "the earth bring forth" the plants, rather than creating them directly. Maybe Genesis is not so anti-evolution after all.
    Were plants created before or after humans?
    Does the Bible teach evolution?

(1:14) "Let them be for signs"
    God placed the sun, moon, and stars in the firmament so that they can be used "for signs". This, of course, is exactly what astrologers do: read "the signs" in the Zodiac to predict what will happen on Earth.
    Does the bible condemn astrology?
    What the Bible says about astrology

(1:16a) "God made the two great lights."
    "The greater light [the sun] to rule the day, and the lesser light [the moon] to rule the night." But the moon is not a light; it only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky?

(1:16b) "He made the stars also."
    God spends a day making light (before making the sun and stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes 300 sextillion stars.
    When were the stars made?

(1:17) "God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth."
    Then why is only a tiny fraction of stars visible from earth? Under the best conditions, no more than a few thousand stars are visible with the unaided eye, yet there are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy and a hundred billion or so galaxies. Were they all created "to give light upon the earth"?

(1:20) "Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl."
    From what were the animals created?
    From what were the fowls created?

(1:24) "Let the earth bring forth the living creature."
    Does the Bible teach evolution?

(1:25) "God made the beast of the earth."
    Were humans created before the other animals?
    "The beast of the earth"

(1:26a) "Let us make man in our image."
    How many gods are there?

(1:26b) "Let them have dominion ... over all the earth."
    God gave humans dominion over every other living thing on earth. This couldn't be true, of course, since millions of other species existed for millions of years before humans existed. But this verse is used by fundamentalist Christians to justify their mistreatment of other species and disregard for the environment. After all, they believe that God created the other species just for them, so they can do whatever they please with them.

That's just 1 page of the bible, talk about plot holes lol

My point is that a man wrote the bible, and god did not script it. Yopu wanna know why there's no mention of dinosaurs in the story of Noah? Cause their were no paleontologist's back then and fossils had yet to be discovered BY MAN
    Bump.

If y'all can help explain these plot holes from THE VERY FIRST PAGE of the bible, I might be swayed to 'believe' it's nothing more than a fairytale

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...

Bump.

If y'all can help explain these plot holes from THE VERY FIRST PAGE of the bible, I might be swayed to 'believe' it's nothing more than a fairytale
    I can see your point. Bt you've started to be disrespectful again just after saying what you admitted was wrong.

Status
    May 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    NB oldies gang

The non-believers which I prefer to call the Atheist, to be honest (not to disrespect their views), they only know Science. But know what? There is something which is out from science. Something that today Science still havent FULLY explain yet.
    Heard about people seeing Spirit? Seeing the Unseen? There is supernatural science to explain but it doesnt make sense. What about exorcism? Voodo? Black Magic? Inner Energy like The Yin and Yang? Fairy tail? Yeah, it exist and they still deny it? There are some people on the surface on earth that learnt to have their body to get invulnerable. Meaning, let say if they got slash by knife, nothing will happen. There are more out there, which simply cannot be listed here.

I believe even the most supreme Govt in the world, The US GOVT, actually believe in this kind of thing and they got plans behind it. Sadly, they are the enemies of the believer that refused to served to God but the stoned Devil.

These are all things that the Science that the non believer are so proud with, cannot explain this fenomena yet. This shows that Unseen World exist. And the Unseen World or Spiritual World are also part of the God's creation. Still want to deny?

Last edited by Xentinel; 10-18-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...

Quote Originally Posted by Xentinel View Post
    The non-believers which I prefer to call the Atheist, to be honest (not to disrespect their views), they only know Science. But know what? There is something which is out from science. Something that today Science still havent FULLY explain yet.
    Heard about people seeing Spirit? Seeing the Unseen? There is supernatural science to explain but it doesnt make sense. What about exorcism? Voodo? Black Magic? Inner Energy like The Yin and Yang? Fairy tail? Yeah, it exist and they still deny it? There are some people on the surface on earth that learnt to have their body to get invulnerable. Meaning, let say if they got slash by knife, nothing will happen. There are more out there, which simply cannot be listed here.

I believe even the most supreme Govt in the world, The US GOVT, actually believe in this kind of thing and they got plans behind it. Sadly, they are the enemies of the believer that refused to served to God but the stoned Devil.

These are all things that the Science that the non believer are so proud with, cannot explain this fenomena yet. This shows that Unseen World exist. And the Unseen World or Spiritual World are also part of the God's creation. Still want to deny?
    Im sorry but it seems like you have an opinion that atheists are wrong or have a problem.

Status
    May 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    NB oldies gang

Im sorry but it seems like you have an opinion that atheists are wrong or have a problem.
    Maybe the way I write, it makes me sounded like that. I really respect their opinion and I got nothing to say with their opinion. My previous post is not to oppose the Non-believer's view but actually to share with them what they know not. I want them to make a research on it too.