Page 6 of 19 « First ... 234567891016 ... Last»
Results 101 to 120 of 377
  1. #101
    Member
    Status
    Dormammu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    144
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    I'm agnostic.
     
         

  2. #102
    Turnt up king on NB. Prince Charles's Avatar
    Status
    Prince Charles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,410
    Location
    #3hunna
    Turnt up all day. So please
    refrain from getting in a
    debate with me!
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    You can say im athiest and christain religion, i use science and faith together

    I do believe there is a higher untelligence, and someday we will all be judge

    But i dont believe in every part of the christain bible there are some stuff i dont agree witj like homosexuality, even tho its wrong to me and nastyy i dont conconsider it being a sin for being who you are, and im not gey or anything.

    also the issue with suicide, i dont believe god would send someone to hell for having mental problem and being depressed

    And i also i dont think god should send someone to hell just for not believing in him, i dont think someone should go to hell just for having a different view than him, god is basically saying believe in me or burn in hell when you look at it.

    But at the end of the day, everyone has the opinion so all i can say live life the best way you can
     
         
    Last edited by Prince Charles; 10-12-2012 at 01:17 AM.

  3. #103
    Sinbadass +.+ Ren Kouen Recable's Avatar
    Status
    Recable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,193
    Sinbadass is too badass... Ren
    Kouen is too cool for Magi
    school...
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charles View Post
    You can say im athiest and somewhat religion, i use science and faith together

    I do believe there is a higher untelligence, and someday we will all be judge

    But i dont believe in every part of the christain bible there are some stuff i dont agree witj like homosexuality, even tho its wrong to me and nastyy i dont conconsider it being a sin for being who you are, and im not gey or anything.

    also the issue with suicide, i dont believe god would send someone to hell for having mental problem and being depressed

    And i also i dont think god should not send someone to hell just for not believing in him, i dont think someone should go to hell just for having a different view than him, god is basically saying believe in me or burn in hell when you look at it.

    But at the end of the day, everyone has the opinion so all i can say live life the best way you can
    I agree! But God may not actually say/think that. The book may be wrong.
     
         

  4. #104
    Wangy's Oreo Yasuko Sayomi's Avatar
    Status
    Yasuko Sayomi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,026
    Location
    The second dimension to the left if you see Burger King you went too far
    ***************
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by labiancareality View Post
    smart & respectfull answer :ice:
    Thank- you :D
     
         

  5. #105
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,207
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    I guess you could say I'm deist. I believe in a higher power, a "god", but religion and man totally f*ck up the idea of God through violence and ignorant stupidity. I believe in God, not religion.
     
         

  6. #106
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,175
    Location
    Konohagakure
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    I don't believe in God I feel the whole argument for God is just one big circle jerk. I mean seriously I've been asked if God didn't create it then who did? Then when I ask who created God I get the whole He was always there answer. If that's the case for God I give up.
    I find it easier to believe in an eternal God than an eternal universe. Logically everything should have a beginning, so I find it difficult to accept an infinite universe. But if a God does exist it would fall outside logic/science and could therefore bypass that thought process.
     
         

  7. #107
    Turnt up king on NB. Prince Charles's Avatar
    Status
    Prince Charles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,410
    Location
    #3hunna
    Turnt up all day. So please
    refrain from getting in a
    debate with me!
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Recable meh.. You can also say im agnostic im not entirely sure i question alot of things

    But the thing is the human mind is very limited to this world, the main question i have is where did god come from? Some say he was already there but the bible saids everything has a begining i find it foolish to think god was already here or he popped out of nowhere

    Also if god is real, whos to say pixies lephercauns or unicorns dragons or talkung animals dont exist?

    The world is too complicated for my mind..
     
         

  8. #108
    Member
    Status
    DonS is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    299
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Touchy subject. I do belive in God but not religion i belive religion is steering people the wrong driection with their own motives. Basicly if there is a God and he never proves himself then all he really wants from us is to just try to be good people to one another.
     
         

  9. #109
    Member kakuzu49's Avatar
    Status
    kakuzu49 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    169
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by hokutoshinken View Post
    Since something cannot come from nothing, and self creation is absurd,then the universe being created or brought into existence by an uncaused entity is the best explanation. This concept is intuitive but also agrees with reality: whatever begins to exist has a cause or a creator.

    This cause or creator must be uncaused due to the absurdity of an infinite regress, in other words an indefinite chain of causes. To illustrate this better, if the cause of the universe had a cause and that cause had a cause ad infinitum, then there wouldn’t be a universe to talk about in the first place.

    For example, Imagine you are a soldier ready to fire a gun, but before you shoot you have to ask permission for the soldier behind you, but he has to do the same, and it goes on for infinity. Will you ever shoot? No you wouldn’t. This highlights, the absurdity of an infinite regress and this applies to events to. Therefore, there cannot be an infinite history of past events.In similar light if we apply this to the universe we would have to posit an uncaused cause due to this rational necessity.
    REP +
    I like your example about the absurdity of an infinite regress.
     
         
    Last edited by kakuzu49; 10-12-2012 at 01:34 AM.

  10. #110
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    80
    Location
    perceived reality
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    even the devil believes in god. that in itself won't get you far, though it's a step
     
         

  11. #111
    Narutard Simplified's Avatar
    Status
    Simplified is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    955
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Over the past years I have done research on certain subjects.

    These things include body anatomy, cells, environment, and just how complex the universe and everything in it is. In my mind, there is no possible way that someone or something can think up all of this. Take the human body for example. It took us so much time, experiments, and hard work to figure out how we function, yet I would argue that 90% of the population today do not know the basics of how we function. All of the molecules, structures, and processes our body contains, cannot be thought up by an entity imo. Of course, this is only one brief example of how complex things are in the world we live in.

    Also, I came to the conclusion that I do not believe in a god or higher power because I cannot hear, see, feel, or sense them in any way. All religion is, is faith. Faith is described as a belief with no solid proof, such as religion. For me, that is not nearly enough. I refuse to live my life by these rules that this apparent "god" set up for me. An example of rules would be the 10 commandments.

    Then there's the bible, for example, which many people think of as proof.
    Nobody can come up with an author of the bible. Nobody can verify the events of it. But, on the other end, nobody can say it isn't true and present solid evidence.

    This is why religion is always a touchy subject. Science has yet to disprove it, and the religion itself such as Christianity or the Jewish faith have not shown proof.

    One more thing:
    The idea I hate the most about most religions, is that they condemn people who do not believe. They are influenced by "leaders" of their religion (bishop, for example) not to have any contact with atheists. If there is a god, heaven and hell, and all the stuff that goes along with those, then what does their religion have to do with them being a good person?

    Done ranting.

    ^ edit, I lied.

    I'll leave with a rhetorical question, that I assure you, you cannot rationally answer:

    If God created the universe, humans, cells, energy, etc....
    ...who created God?
     
         
    Last edited by Simplified; 10-12-2012 at 01:49 AM.

  12. #112
    Sinbadass +.+ Ren Kouen Recable's Avatar
    Status
    Recable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,193
    Sinbadass is too badass... Ren
    Kouen is too cool for Magi
    school...
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charles View Post
    Recable meh.. You can also say im agnostic im not entirely sure i question alot of things

    But the thing is the human mind is very limited to this world, the main question i have is where did god come from? Some say he was already there but the bible saids everything has a begining i find it foolish to think god was already here or he popped out of nowhere

    Also if god is real, whos to say pixies lephercauns or unicorns dragons or talkung animals dont exist?

    The world is too complicated for my mind..
    The thing is I also believe in that... "If God is real how did he get here?" as it makes no sense just to poof into a place... but on the other hand something had to have poofed in right? The first ever thing made got here some how and thats a fact. But the thing is that thing should have had something to create it.... but SOMETHING has to come first.... I don't understand it yet but I hope I find out the answers soon...

    As something had to come first I wonder how it got here? It makes no sense at all. We all know somethign had to create something and nothing can just poof in but the first thing had to.

    Also about the mythical creatures that also can't be proven true or false so even though we have not seen them they could have existed. No one can say they can't have.
     
         

  13. #113
    Member Natsu Titania's Avatar
    Status
    Natsu Titania is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    73
    Location
    Cloud 9
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    i have believed in god ever since i was a child,
     
         

  14. #114
    Winter Soldier ~Sky~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Sky~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,835
    NERP
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    It's not my opinion, I wish it was different too

    An eternal dreamworld after death... I wish it was there, but it isn't.

    Nothingness can't be there wihout existence...(The nothingness before the so called big bang is also the universe) The universe is eternal

    No creation without destruction
    No destruction without creation
    Yes it is your opinion, you have no proof to back up what you say, therefore, it's an opinion.

    You're saying things from your perspective, yet you have no idea how it all started. Where did "nothing" come from?

    Where the Big Bang come from?

    Why do we dream?

    Why do we sleep?

    What does Gravity actually do?



    ^^^^ Those are all questions that science itself cannot answer.

    No logic, no formula, and certainly no hypothetical solution; can explain these things to any degree.

    There's something bigger out there.
     
         

  15. #115
    Thinker AnglePrey's Avatar
    Status
    AnglePrey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    80
    Location
    perceived reality
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplified View Post
    Over the past years I have done research on certain subjects.

    These things include body anatomy, cells, environment, and just how complex the universe and everything in it is. In my mind, there is no possible way that someone or something can think up all of this. Take the human body for example. It took us so much time, experiments, and hard work to figure out how we function, yet I would argue that 90% of the population today do not know the basics of how we function. All of the molecules, structures, and processes our body contains, cannot be thought up by an entity imo. Of course, this is only one brief example of how complex things are in the world we live in.

    Also, I came to the conclusion that I do not believe in a god or higher power because I cannot hear, see, feel, or sense them in any way. All religion is, is faith. Faith is described as a belief with no solid proof, such as religion. For me, that is not nearly enough. I refuse to live my life by these rules that this apparent "god" set up for me. An example of rules would be the 10 commandments.

    Then there's the bible, for example, which many people think of as proof.
    Nobody can come up with an author of the bible. Nobody can verify the events of it. But, on the other end, nobody can say it isn't true and present solid evidence.

    This is why religion is always a touchy subject. Science has yet to disprove it, and the religion itself such as Christianity or the Jewish faith have not shown proof.

    One more thing:
    The idea I hate the most about most religions, is that they condemn people who do not believe. They are influenced by "leaders" of their religion (bishop, for example) not to have any contact with atheists. If there is a god, heaven and hell, and all the stuff that goes along with those, then what does their religion have to do with them being a good person?

    Done ranting.
    i agree with some of what you said.

    if it's hard for you to imagine a god, think of the possibility that he imagined you, with your anatomy, cell structure & all that. we are a piece of work, i agree with you. a piece that's part of the puzzle of the world we live in. logically speaking, we shouldn't even exist. looking at all the improbable factors of our world, it seems to make more logical sense if you say something or someone caused these pieces to fall into place than to say it happened with no influence.

    the bible has many authors. all of which believers believe were commanded by god to author his book. this is controvertial indeed, since i fit's god's book, why couldn't he write it? but some of the things abraham & earlier authors said would happen, jesus & latter writers write about happening. it's then either faith, or one big scandal. a scandal that would need to have transpired & survived eras and milleniums which is unlikely

    about the preachers, i don't trust most of them either.
     
         

  16. #116
    and if i lost the map toothpaste's Avatar
    Status
    toothpaste is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    66
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    science has not answers for everything yet, however why do you assume that there is a higher power simply because of our ignorance?
     
         

  17. #117
    and if i lost the map toothpaste's Avatar
    Status
    toothpaste is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    66
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    if god is real, and he is loving, why are people born with abnormalities?

    and which god is this god? there are a plethora of gods that have been created by people.

    going by your logic that it "makes more sense that we are created", who created god?

    you cannot say, god was always there. you would contradict yourself and present us with a double standard.
     
         

  18. #118
    Sinbadass +.+ Ren Kouen Recable's Avatar
    Status
    Recable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,193
    Sinbadass is too badass... Ren
    Kouen is too cool for Magi
    school...
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by toothpaste View Post
    if god is real, and he is loving, why are people born with abnormalities?

    and which god is this god? there are a plethora of gods that have been created by people.

    going by your logic that it "makes more sense that we are created", who created god?

    you cannot say, god was always there. you would contradict yourself and present us with a double standard.
    With the top part about God not helping people... well he tried once but humans pushed that help out the way. (Think back to the story about Jesus) Though I am not saying God is real. No one knows.
     
         

  19. #119
    and if i lost the map toothpaste's Avatar
    Status
    toothpaste is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    66
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Recable View Post
    With the top part about God not helping people... well he tried once but humans pushed that help out the way. (Think back to the story about Jesus) Though I am not saying God is real. No one knows.
    there are problems with that story.
    it contradicts the fact that god is "omnipotent and benevolent."

    why would he create us in such a way that allows for our disobedience?

    one cannot argue the unknown. it is baseless and can lead anywhere.
     
         

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Status
    drknght is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,464
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by nagato9 View Post
    Explain the dark ages.
    Just because one thing is associated with another, doesn't mean that one causes another. Correlation vs causation. Dark ages was a period of deterioration, but religion didn't stop anyone from developing. Progress comes from the risk, and we risk when we believe in God. There's not much to explain, it's just the matter of getting it.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •