Page 7 of 16 « First ... 34567891011 ... Last»
    Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

gods was created by men to control the masses, I can't believe how many gullible people that believes in this farce

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mante View Post
    I might not be very good at this, but bear with me.
    Ok, you believe human minds are limited which is very much true. Yes, human minds are limited and the universe (the creation) is very much complex. Our mind might say that, "everything must have a begining and an end", "everything must have scientific proof".etc. But can this be true? Or can this be applied to "everything"? No. Lets take some examples:
    1. Numbers - what is the lowest number, or the highest number? Its infinite.
    2. Universe - where is the end of universe? How lengthy is it? Its infinite.

This proves the existence of things that does not have an end. Similarly, God was existed in "reachless" begining and exists in present and will exist in the "eternal" end. In other words, God exists always. So He wasn't created but is the Creator... He was un-created because he was the creator or everythis else that exist.

Among the religions and Books you mentioned I don't see Quran, reflects that you are not aware of it. Why not read a "good" english translation of Quran, or check-out what it says? Well, you won't know it unless you read and understand. I quarantee you, you will find all the answers regarding, life, creation, purpose, existence of God, right and wrong, equalness, logic, history, scientic miracles, prophecies.etc. trust me. Check out even for once.
    Note that the examples I mentioned is not from Quran "directly", but rather "indirectly"..
    so wat ur saying is god is created nor destroyed, which means god is energy cause energy is created nor destroyed just past on....... so god is energy and energy is god. and by saying that energy is the creator and energy was the main part of the big band.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I beleive in God............ for some reasons evolution theory doesn't seem to make any sense to me. The earth and human beings are too complex to be some kind of mistake and the proof of God's existence is everywhere... you'll definitely find proof if you keep an open mind.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well lets hear what our boy Einstein had to say : "Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble."- Albert Einstein. I'm not atheist, nor do I believe in God. I adhere to the truth of reality itself; one thinks of God as a refuge for one who fears reality. Rather to me the conventional view of God was created by the human mind as the most perfect, omnipotent, unique, omniscient being that could ever be conceived of. To be logical about the big bang is to know that there are black holes; but also white holes. In astrophysics, white holes are the opposite, they eject energy and raw matter from nothing. As black holes reduce matter into nothing, white holes do the opposite. But as much as scientists think they know; were they there at the big bang? I'm being logical, i trully think there is a balance between spirituality and science, called philosophy lollz.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafeal brown View Post
    I beleive in God............ for some reasons evolution theory doesn't seem to make any sense to me. The earth and human beings are too complex to be some kind of mistake and the proof of God's existence is everywhere... you'll definitely find proof if you keep an open mind.
    evolution most certainly makes sense, you jus dont understand it.. evolution is a theory like gravity is a theory.. there is nothing in our natural world that cannot be explained by random mutation combined with evolution by natural selection. Nothing works without that assumption, everything works with it... there is nothing too believe because it is scientific fact.. here is a summary of evolution for the misinformed- the concept that all organisms are related to each other by common ancestry.. its essential, its the unifying theme in biology.. the mechanism for evolution is natural selection, which is the survival of offspring best adapted to the conditions in which they live.. it works like this, individuals produce alot of offspring, much more than the environment can possibly sustain. these offspring are not identical, they have variations based on genetic differences that come from mutations and other cellular shit.. those offspring with the variations best suited for survival will grow to the age where they can reproduce, thus passing on these favorable adaptations to the next generation, wiping out the other dudes that dont have the adaptations.. thus, nature is selecting offspring and shaping the evolution of all species we werent created by a mistake, it took millions and millions of years.. but lets not make this about evolution.. i was jus saying..

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafeal brown View Post
    for the type of open mind ur talking about i will need to believe in the tooth fairy, santa claus, and unicorns. Humans with wings flying around in the clouds for eternity with a god who plainly dont give 2 shits about us is a little too far fetched for me. thank you but no thanks ill trust the things we realists call the five sences cause you know god do not apply to any of them. but its cool to dream of a place where life is good.... just know when to come back to reality.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The concept of god was used by men to control the masses. There is truth, Buddha didn't believe in God, yet he could not deny the fact that there is a higher reality within us all, whether you call it a God or not is up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by akimofnevis View Post
    gods was created by men to control the masses, I can't believe how many gullible people that believes in this farce

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

God does not exist. it is neither benevolent nor omnipotent. It is so impersonal that even the slightest thought of it is putting it into form, it is you it is me, it is all. The one atom unfolded into many. From that bright light came all of manifested form. Realizing that we are one big bang as a whole, even though through appearance we see seperateness.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Zodiac View Post
    God does not exist. it is neither benevolent nor omnipotent. It is so impersonal that even the slightest thought of it is putting it into form, it is you it is me, it is all. The one atom unfolded into many. From that bright light came all of manifested form. Realizing that we are one big bang as a whole, even though through appearance we see seperateness.
    one may think i have thought up a paradox. God does not exist, it is the existence of life itself. True after death, Buddha believed in non-existence or liberation from the cycle of life and death. If one wants to understand the universe of themselves, all they must do is allow realization of it.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."- Albert Einstein

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"The finest emotion of which we are capable is the mystic emotion. Herein lies the germ of all art and all true science. Anyone to whom this feeling is alien, who is no longer capable of wonderment and lives in a state of fear is a dead man. To know that what is impenetrable for us really exists and manifests itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, whose gross forms alone are intelligible to our poor faculties - this knowledge, this feeling ... that is the core of the true religious sentiment. In this sense, and in this sense alone, I rank myself among profoundly religious men."

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the status of this
    guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Lorenzo15 View Post
    so wat ur saying is god is created nor destroyed, which means god is energy cause energy is created nor destroyed just past on....... so god is energy and energy is god. and by saying that energy is the creator and energy was the main part of the big band.
    No, not saying energy is God or God is energy. Energy cannot be God, because energy needs a cause, it can be created, it needs a creator and can vary (you know e=mc2 [Energy = to Mass x square of Speed of light]), but God doesn't. As I said God is not created and is eternal. So God is the Creator or Cause of "energy".
    Plus Big bang has a begining, so does that energy, but God does not.

Last edited by Mante; 10-12-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

There used to be a time, something happened in our past that destroyed the peace and harmony that one existed, something cataclysmic possibly. Thats why the world can be a better place, but everyone must make themselves better, which most are not willing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsujan9484 View Post
    If god do really exist...then this world should have been a better place. Every country would have been in peace and prosperity. Everyone should have been happy and in joy. But do you see these happening?
    No! Hence God does not exist. He is just a shoulder to cry on if you are all alone.

I believe in me, the goodness in me, the goodness in everyone.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I personally don't believe in god because i don't understand how he could be real.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mante View Post
    No, not saying energy is God or God is energy. Energy cannot be God, because energy needs a cause, it can be created, it needs a creator and can vary (you know e=mc2 [Energy = to Mass x square of Speed of light]), but it condractics with the characteristics of God. So the cause or creator of that energy is God, the Merciful. And as I said God is not created and is eternal. Plus Big bang has a begining, so that energy does too, but God does not.
    no no no you can not create energy it is not living nor dead. and who are you to say energy needs a cause last time i checked the bible says that god just created everything with out exactly explaining what he created. the only reason you know about e=mc2 because of a man who studied it with his own hands and has the proof. not because he heard a voice in his head tell him what it is.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fate of destruction is the
    joy of rebirth

Believing in a higher being you think is there sometimes restricts your thinking and you may never see past some things. For me personally, ever since i stopped being a christian i've become more peaceful and no longer bound by the rules and obligation of christianity is awesome. I'M FFRRRREEEEEEEE

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

God does exist. I seen him so had other folks I believe. And Jesus Died for our sins so we can have a chance to be accepted into Heaven. I think people dont want to believe cause they have had tragedy happen in their lifetime or something like that. For all the non believers just pray and He will show himself to you in some way shape or form. You just have to have Faith that Jesus died and was resurrected on the third day. God is there. We live in his Grace daily.
    God's
    Riches
    At
    Christs'
    Expense

Believe and get knowledge cause Judgement is upon us

Last edited by Biscoe Uzumaki; 10-12-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I believe that a belief in God or in something else is a great thing.
    It gives people a reason to maintain hope.
    As humans we are naturally afraid of death, because it is unknown to us.
    The idea of an afterlife, a Garden of Eden or Heaven, which can be reached through good deeds in life, motivates people to do what they can to help others.
    I know, many people don't follow the ethics of their declared religions.
    But, faith allows people to feel secure and safe.

Look up Pascal's God-shaped Void. Everyone has it, but at one point, as a result of an event in life, this Void can become, well, nonexistent.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Standing in line to see the
    show tonight and there's a
    light on...

Eh, I don't believe in God, but I have nothing against the dude. I've never put too much thought into beliefs and religion because it has honestly done more harm then good, not just one particular religion, but both religion and science. I don't try to find an explanation for my existence because I know it is nearly impossible to prove, I am just happy to be alive, and I live my life the best way I know how and being the best I can be, that way I have no regrets of dying and will be prepared for what comes next.

Academy Student
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I believe in God because I would go nuts trying to think all of this was just coincidence and how apes evolved when they are no longer evolving. I do believe a big bang happened but I believe god set it in motion because where did all that energy come from and if there was no first human. Where did the first apes come from...or first fish...or first living creature all together on earth. Just a thought

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has status.

TO those who don't believe in a Supreme Being. You have to first understand the characteristics of God to get a better understanding.

First I would ask how You define what God means. Also tell me the qualifications to be "God". If I were to reason with you I need to know how much you know.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Am i like the only Muslim around here?

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Some things were not meant for men to understand... i am a christian and occurances in my life drasticly matured my faith. Faith is the key word i see many on this thread take forgranted , disregard (sorry for spelling) or just fail to fully understand or care for but it is highly important.

There are many things unseen in this world so i cant be so niave to believe the only thing i see is what i get. Thats just a portion of my 2 cents tho... wanna keep it simple..

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's always been a lot of
    tension between Lois and me,
    and it's not so much that I
    want to kill her, it's just, I
    want her not to be alive
    anymore.' - Stewie Griffin

Many of you are saying who created God? How do we know he exists? Now it's kinda obvious that many don't actually read the Bible or just read the first few chapters (that's not nearly enough). Many people also find the Bible very confusing since it never puts things bluntly. If you really want to know about God you wouldn't be sitting here questioning everything, you would be going out there and finding your own revelation about it. Many people just don't want to know or associate themselves with this anyway so they don't bother. For those who don't believe in God here is something that changed my views, maybe this is what you all looking for.

It is too long for me to write so here's the link, read this: http://presenttruthmn.com/william-branham-doctrine-god/

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I prefer to believe in God for the reason that I refuse to believe that everything was created by sheer chance of the right molecules and electrical impulses being in the right place at the right time. Science says that the brain is but a bundle of neurons that send messages to one another, just a few electrons travelling down a piece of string. For me, religious or otherwise, that is a terrible thought. I cannot comprehend the notion that the soul doesn't exist, the soul has to exist. I ask you, have you felt love? Have you felt anger, have you felt happiness, sadness, and every other emotion in between? Emotions cannot be simply messages, they're too powerful and too meaningful to be chance. I don't think I'm expressing myself very well; what I mean to say is, if we live in a world where emotions are just impulses created by the brain's reactions to our sensory organs, then I would not want to live in this world. I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus was a real person, but even if that is not true and they don't exist, it is undeniable that the human soul exists.
    Just look at the world, the universe even; how could something so beautiful be created by a random explosion at the beginning of time? For those who ask "What existed before God, who created him?" ask yourselves this; before the big bang, what existed? Nothingness?
    I don't ask people to believe in God or try and force my religion on them, but I do ask these questions to make them think. If science is right, and there is no God, no purpose for the universe, then wouldn't that also mean that we as humans have no purpose either? We exist to simply exist, created by chance and born by chance? I refuse to believe that my entire consciousness - who I am, what I'm doing here, my relationships, my family, my emotions, everything - has come into being merely because two random people met and did their thing. I have to have a purpose, I must have been created. That's all the proof I need.
    But that's just me. I can understand how people don't believe in religion, that's their point of view, and it's not my place to try and change their mind. But I believe in a God who created us for a true purpose, and that is my opinion, right or wrong.

Page 7 of 16 « First ... 34567891011 ... Last»