Page 8 of 16 « First ... 456789101112 ... Last»
Results 176 to 200 of 377
  1. #176
    Academy Student Ciotra's Avatar
    Status
    Ciotra is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Personally, I don't believe in a god; I believe in what can be explained by science. Though this might be due to my thing against religion. Now, before you all start flaming me, let me make one thing clear. I have nothing against people who have faith; everyone can have their own opinion, and believe in their own god. Nobody knows the complete truth about whether a god exists (which is why it's called faith), so it would be wrong of me to assume I'm correct. However, I have issues with religion; not faith.

    For one thing, have you ever seen all those fancy cathedrals, churches, and shrines? Well religions such as Christianity are supposed to teach people to be humble and giving; yet here they are spending money on building hugely expensive churches. Wouldn't this money be better spent in providing the starving children in Africa with food, shelter, and access to basic medical help? If a religion truly believed in being humble, then they should worship in a humble building. From what my perception of god is (even though I don't believe), he isn't going to condemn you if you don't worship him in a fancy building with stained glass windows. And as other people have stated, I don't think it's right how religions try and force you to live a certain way, and are convinced that you're going to hell if you don't.

    Ok, I'm done ranting about religion; but to all of you out there that do like religion, I mean no disrespect at all; I'm simply sharing my view, and again, I have nothing against people who believe in a higher power, or god, and i respect their faith.
     
         

  2. #177
    t(-_-)t Uchiha Riyo's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Riyo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    You tell me.
    Posts
    5,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lazy days~
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    I was brought up a Christian, so yeah, I do.
     
         

  3. #178
    Banned
    Status
    Valen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    4,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    The existence of God as the creator of the universe is negated by the fact that the space-time continuum is infinite.

    Having no beginning nor end, the universe continues into infinity, our present having arisen from an infinite past which leads into an infinite future.

    Thus there never was a creation and it is therefore false for God to be envisioned as creator of the universe.
     
         

  4. #179
    SCEPTICAL MUSES MangaPrincessOfPunk's Avatar
    Status
    MangaPrincessOfPunk is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    I believe there is something. Not any God I've ever heard of though.
    I mean, how can you look out there, at the gorgeous universe, and not believe in something? There probably is some sort entity which is much, much greater than us. Not necessarily that which created the universe, but at least something greater than the organic life on this planet.

    Also, please stop posting religious and controversial threads. They always turn into a flame war.
     
         

  5. #180
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    i believe in GOD.............
     
         

  6. #181
    Member DeathByHugs's Avatar
    Status
    DeathByHugs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    This thread isn't closed, wow, yes I do.
     
         

  7. #182
    Sinbadass +.+ Ren Kouen Recable's Avatar
    Status
    Recable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sinbadass is too badass... Ren
    Kouen is too cool for Magi
    school...
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by toothpaste View Post
    the terms "free mind" and "free will" are very vague.

    i can see your point. it's a "what if" scenario.
    -----
    if god created humans with "free will/mind" god is neither benevolent nor omnipotent.

    "free will" allows for people to harm innocent people. say a child. (Fritzl case)

    how can a god let this happen? simple, there isn't one; or you can say there is a god but that god doesn't care anymore, it just watches with indifference. in both cases, neither should be worshiped.

    however your way of thinking doesn't bother me. it's those who want to impose on others, baseless and unproven beliefs.
    Im not sure why he lets that happen but it don't mean he is not real. Though the only reason I can say he don't bother helping anymore is because when he did with Jesus.. well you know what happend... so it could be true he don't care anymore. I still do think he should stop all the bad things though.

    Also yeah everything about God is what if as we actually have no proof he don't or does exist. Im in the middle, for many reasons.
     
         

  8. #183
    Sinbadass +.+ Ren Kouen Recable's Avatar
    Status
    Recable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sinbadass is too badass... Ren
    Kouen is too cool for Magi
    school...
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charles View Post
    And whos to say this isnt all a dream? =0
    Haha thats what I sometimes think. As we wouldn't know that we was just a dream. Remember a dream is like Tsukuyomi. You can have a billion years dream which actually happens in 1 second. Thats what they say and it seems to be true. So it could possibly be a person having a dream.

    Nothing can be 100% certain.
     
         

  9. #184
    ಠ᚛᚜ಠ UchihaBrat's Avatar
    Status
    UchihaBrat is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In the brilliance of the sun.
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't like candy? Well
    then 屮(ಥДಥ)屮!
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Well, I'd be ready accept the existence of something supernatural if it was proven to me somehow. That is, I don't really believe something I can't confirm myself, which is different from assuming that something might be, such as when someone tells you, showing you their broken arm, how some bloke did that to him/her.
    In other words, realistic things, things with enough support such as: I've seen it before and it isn't unthinkable in this world.
    However, were I to see that which undoubtedly could be described as supernatural, then sure~

    Ah, forgot to mention that, since I'll be the one judging what to doubt or not, if there actually existed something supernatural and I were to never see or confirm this, then my comprehension of all this would remain the same, unless there was a plausible explanation.
    It's really all relative.

    So, no, I don't believe, I'm more of someone to assume the possibility, and the likelihood of a god or something supernatural existing is very low in my world.
     
         

  10. #185
    messenger thepizzaguy's Avatar
    Status
    thepizzaguy is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    cape town
    Posts
    349
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    i do believe there is a GOD, i just dont fully agree with the religious scriptures(any religion) description of god as these things were written and translated over many years and could of been mistranslated or even encoded into hidden messages.
     
         

  11. #186
    Vickmontero vickmontero's Avatar
    Status
    vickmontero is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    If you are very sure you don't believe there is God who made havens and earth, why then do you need to ask. Don't tell me you are not sure of yourself again or that you want to change your mind already.
     
         

  12. #187
    You-Know-Who Mante's Avatar
    Status
    Mante is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    not here >_>
    Posts
    6,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the status of this
    guy.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Lorenzo15 View Post
    no no no you can not create energy it is not living nor dead. and who are you to say energy needs a cause last time i checked the bible says that god just created everything with out exactly explaining what he created. the only reason you know about e=mc2 because of a man who studied it with his own hands and has the proof. not because he heard a voice in his head tell him what it is.
    Yes of course energy can be created by converting matter in to energy and vice versa. E=mc2 proves it. You know how nuclear fusion and fission work? In that process, we get energy by splitting large atoms [like uranium], or by fusing small atoms [like hydrogen]. The sun is a good example of nuclear fusion reactor. But without matter energy cannot be created and vice versa.
    And yes, the total amount of energy remains constant and is conserved overtime. And it changes one form to another, for example, chemical energy can be converted to kinetic energy. This energy neither can be created nor destroyed, and exists long before. But when it comes to the "before begining of universe" there were no energy to cause big bang and no matter to carry the conversion of energy or create energy. So basically, the eternal God created energy [or universe] out of nothing. This where it violets the Law of physics.
    Btw, I don't believe in everything in Bible since it contradicts itself and contains errors, plus I have a better Book to put my faith in
     
         

  13. #188
    うちはサスケ EMS Sasuke123's Avatar
    Status
    EMS Sasuke123 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,700
    Post Thanks / Like
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    I was raised in a Christian family. So yes I do. I think the main reason as to why some people don't believe in God is how they were raised. Which is a shame really on the parents part.
     
         

  14. #189
    -Vegeta's Avatar
    Status
    -Vegeta is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The one and only Hidden Rain
    Posts
    25,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    > than kakarot
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Foolish people, how many have died over who's god is bigger? Religion is responsible for more deaths than any disease or famine. If their is a god, man has destroyed his ideas by forcing religion on one another sometimes even thru war. If god could make the universe in a day, I'm sure he could stop all this madness by poppin his head in and saying "Hey, I'm real, stop killing each other about it." god fearing men, that term itself is ridiculous. Why would you be afraid of someone who loves everyone. the devil is used to put fear into you because without it there's nothing to bind you into following their rules. If there is a god, I give him more credit than religion does. I don't think he would allow what we see in reality everyday to go on. Why would he answer one teams prayer to 'win' at the expense of the other team? Did the other team not 'pray' good enough? It's all absurd once you break it down.

    Bad things happen to good people all the time. Good things happen to bad people as well. Murderers get away with it, thieves and corporations steal and get away with it and get to lead a good life. Then there's the good samaritan who stops to help a motorist on the highway and he gets wiped out by a semi. There;s no rhyme or reason to it all. Look at the state of this pitiful world if you really want proof as to what I'm saying
     
         
    Last edited by -Vegeta; 10-12-2012 at 12:01 PM.

  15. #190
    Member bryanrs6's Avatar
    Status
    bryanrs6 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    if your athiest u know your doing something wrong only be bright and ull know it is inspired by god
     
         

  16. #191
    ~The Legendary Emo~ emo313's Avatar
    Status
    emo313 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Am The One Who Protects The
    Light Behind The Darkness ~
    I'm Balancing This World~
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    :shrug:I believe and dont believe i am in middle of it
    But Sometime for somethings we need proofs
    and this one doesnt have any.
    :ghehe: i suggest to stop because it wont have any good ending
     
         

  17. #192
    Member Skater007's Avatar
    Status
    Skater007 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda sorta not here aight
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Kind OP, this thread might bring up the extremists of this world.
    Just like this did Call of Duty map removed at request of Muslim gamers
     
         

  18. #193
    Member bryanrs6's Avatar
    Status
    bryanrs6 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    if u had proof u woudnt be worthy to see it so its not proof to anyone
     
         

  19. #194
    That Guy Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DWMA
    Posts
    16,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Darling,tell me what you
    need."


    "Peter."
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranificent View Post
    Foolish people
    FOOLISH FOOLS!
     
         

  20. #195
    Awesomesauce :D XXDeadpoolXX's Avatar
    Status
    XXDeadpoolXX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    beyond the fourth wall
    Posts
    404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should I have a status?
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Atheist, because I choose to be and not let some zealot tell me different. Example last Thursday I seen rob zombie in concert and there was a bunch of "Christians" protesting the concert. Saying that I'm going to hell and what not. Its that crap that offends me, keep your religion in your place of worship/home. Some people have different beliefs why can't they respect that.
     
         

  21. #196
    The Reaper's Rosary The Scion of Hentai's Avatar
    Status
    The Scion of Hentai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place...
    Posts
    380
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Well truth be told, I do believe in God or Gods to be precise since I'm a Hindu.
    However I also believe in the Big Bang Theory so I'm kinda split on what to believe more.
    Anything's possible in this infinitely endless universe we call home.
     
         

  22. #197
    CEASE TO EXIST Xentinel's Avatar
    Status
    Xentinel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    BATTLEFIELD
    Posts
    4,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    NB oldies gang
     



    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

     
         

  23. #198
    Zidane Tribal Uxellius's Avatar
    Status
    Uxellius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In my hideout planning to kidnap a princess
    Posts
    3,466
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Yes I believe because I just can't take the idea of we were created by chaotic process (Big bang and evolution theory) and for such universe we are living in there must be some power (AKA God) that created it and rule it :D
    P.S I don't say you are wrong it's just my opinion I respect your criticism
     
         

  24. #199
    Senior Member SatchiZurake's Avatar
    Status
    SatchiZurake is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    It's hard to say what I believe because I don't believe we came from a man sitting up in the sky. I sort of believe in a conscious force that moves things along in the universe. I don't believe that this force has anything to do with right and wrong, or cares what we decide to do with ourselves. It just goes along and does what it does. I believe we're products of that force. (This force is called nature and we know very little about it's workings).
     
         

  25. #200
    Banned
    Status
    X Spike X is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only one can be the
    greatest... Guess who??
     

    Re: Do you believe in God? If so why? And If not, reasons? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by miino View Post
    so u dont believe in heaven or hell right?!
    a logical proof ha! so who created the earth and the sky and the moon and the other planets ? and how was the first man ever created??
    bro we need to talk


    So you're saying there is a god just because he can't prove otherwise, very idealistic, saying that dies not prove there is a god atall
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •