Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Something bothers me about the Mangekyo Sharingan

A traumatizing experience isn't comparable to experiencing deep pain from the death of a loved one. Everyone experiences the death of a loved one. Obito's trauma is that he doesn't want life without Rin at all, so he sees his life meaningless without her, unlike others who mourn for their loved one and move on. Obito wasn't able to and couldn't possibly imagine it. That's the best explanation I have, despite that it has a hole or two that people can probably puncture into it.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

Obito's trauma is hardly a rare event. People suffer everyday. So why is that only a century ago was the MS discovered ? No uchiha before that lived a extremely traumatic event ? The world was at war, people died all the time.. It makes little to no sense. I thought that madara and his bro were the first to fully master the sharingan - they were very skilled and competitive - then came the trauma. Obito and his MS just blew that theory

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by raziel777 View Post
    Obito's trauma is hardly a rare event. People suffer everyday. So why is that only a century ago was the MS discovered ? No uchiha before that lived a extremely traumatic event ? The world was at war, people died all the time.. It makes little to no sense. I thought that madara and his bro were the first to fully master the sharingan - they were very skilled and competitive - then came the trauma. Obito and his MS just blew that theory
    1st of all we can't really know about the past, just take what is in the plot and deal with it....
    Why did he blew that theory? Going to 3T and then to MS seems legit? I have seen no evidence that you MUST have 3t to get MS, but Obito didn't get 3t from skills, is all that this chapter proved, so he had a little help from a trauma, big deal.. Madara and Izuna still were the 1st to master it...

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

In Madara's time, war was common and i wouldn't be suprised that ninjas those days were ruthless and didnt care as much when a close friend of theirs dies. It was normal back then. They saw death the moment they were born.

Thats prolly why Itachi said in part 1 that you have to kill your CLOSEST friend...because thats prolly the only way (in those war days) that someone would get emotionally distraught,witnessing the death of a close friend wasnt enough. Madara and Izuna killed their best friends and that triggered the MS,same with Itachi who was used to people dying everyday since he was an anbu agent.

The generation of Sasuke's and Obito's were more civilized and they had a better life than the war days of Madara. Itachi is an exception because he was an anbu agent. Sasuke lived a good life until his brother murdered the whole clan. Obito also never had one of his friends killed . The MS was easier to acquire because you just had to witness a tramautic death of a loved one, instead of actually killing them. Thats how Sasuke and Obito got theirs.

Kill closest friend - Madara, Izuna, Itachi

Witness death of loved one - Sasuke, Obito

Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by raziel777 View Post
    _ Well I don't remember reading anywhere that Madara had children or even a wife. How could Obito be his descendant ?
    _ The Uchiha are a clan. That means they record things, like their history, members. They have archives. I don't get how they could have lost that knowledge. And I do remember reading that Madara and his bro were the first ( as in the very first ever ) to unlock it. I'm just looking for a suitable answer/theory
    Only Kurama knows the full story of the uchiha clan but he has no intentions of reviling anything

Status
    Aug 2012
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

My theory was that you needed to fully master the sharingan and then experience the trauma. It explains why MS was achieved only a century ago. All the MS user we had seen so far were genius - madara, izuna, shisui, itachi, sasuke. Obito clearly didn't fit in that group. So he blew my theory. A trauma alone can unlock it but here is the catch, why wasnt MS achieved ages ago then, before madara's time ? Lots of Uchiha would have lived traumatizing experiences, the world was at war

Status
    Feb 2012
    I have been enlightened to
    #ItachiBase

War and stuff :/

Page 2 of 2 « First 12