Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Noe 1 cahn beet Narootoh

Re: Startling parallel between Obito & Nagato's story. Possibly a few HUGE discoverie

Solid (possible) connections, +rep for sure.

I had the thought Madara needed to die when Nagato summons the Gedo, just never connected it like you did here. The first thing I questioned about this weeks manga was all of Obito's howling and whether he was being possessed by the Gedo somehow at that point.

Academy Student
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Startling parallel between Obito & Nagato's story. Possibly a few HUGE discoverie

hey what does fire and lightning make on The Master's Legacy?

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

absolutely brilliant theory my friend, very well explained and thought out

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I believe you are right. The way Nagato and Obito flipped out reminded me of how Naruto would flip out when he went he went Nine tails mode. Both of them got so angry that they gave up and were looking for a way to erase the pain just like Naruto had done before and just like how he would gain a huge amount of power and lose all sense of himself when the Nine Tails took over somehow through those black rods a piece of the Jubi will took over and gave them both power and a desire for complete destruction. It did not work the same way since neither Obito and Nagato were jinchuriki and the Jubi was not complete but the effects were similar. This would also lend to the theory that somewhere a piece of the Jubi's hatred remains looking for a way to recreate itself and it may be using Madara and Obito to complete its goal just like they manipulated others to get their goal and when it is revived it won't just let itself be sealed but will look to destroy the world itself.

Last edited by thgt89; 10-12-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiArmor View Post
    i JACK OFF WITH A NEEDLE
    Bet that hurts. I'd recommend getting that looked at.

Thank you everyone else for taking the time to read my thread and for the rep. I really think the similarities were intentional by Kishi. Whether or not they have as deep of a relevance as I think, digging into the past reveals some interesting things and shows how congruent the storyline is.

Assuming im correct the next chapter it will be interesting to see where Kishi takes this. Do you think he explain more about how Obito gained that immense power?

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by thgt89 View Post
    I believe you are right. The way Nagato and Obito flipped out reminded me of how Naruto would flip out when he went he went Nine tails mode. Both of them got so angry that they gave up and were looking for a way to erase the pain just like Naruto had done before and just like how he would gain a huge amount of power and lose all sense of himself when the Nine Tails took over somehow through those black rods a piece of the Jubi will took over and gave them both power and a desire for complete destruction. It did not work the same way since neither Obito and Nagato were jinchuriki and the Jubi was not complete but the effects were similar. This would also lend to the theory that somewhere a piece of the Jubi's hatred remains looking for a way to recreate itself and it may be using Madara and Obito to complete its goal just like they manipulated others to get their goal and when it is revived it won't just let itself be sealed but will look to destroy the world itself.
    Very well said. I've been sensing that for a while now. If I stop being lazy maybe I'll go back and look for any connections. I really like that theory. Thanks. +REP

Academy Student
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The Gedo Mazou theory (Madara/Nagato) seemed very nice and logical...

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Awesome thread. Good job with the research.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The second part of your post was an eye-opener! That may be true,good looking out!

But the first part is iffy. Obito just sprouted like 3 black rods. Nagato has the Rinnegan and summoned the Gedo Mazu,and the block rods went into him,not out of him.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Encon Uchiha View Post
    The second part of your post was an eye-opener! That may be true,good looking out!

But the first part is iffy. Obito just sprouted like 3 black rods. Nagato has the Rinnegan and summoned the Gedo Mazu,and the block rods went into him,not out of him.
    Point is there still are black rods. Doesn't matter what they do but that they even appear in the first place. Black rods are affiliated with Gedo Mazu period.

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.

Read the theory before and I am not really convinced but thanks for the nice read.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    contemplating the nature of
    humans.

Quote Originally Posted by JWSoul View Post
    Very good especially the last part well done. It makes sense that the Summoning killed Madara or at least began his death! He then sent Obito out to find out who summoned the Gedo and found Nagato! Perhaps!
    exactly what i was thinking after reading this. Nagato summoned the Gedo, Madara was probably barely alive after that and sent Obito to find the one with the rinnegan. only thing is, didnt madara say he gave Nagato those eyes? what if when Obito said that he means that madara had decided to take Nagatos eye and enhance them, or for some reason did give Nagato his rinnegan? Also, it was planned sometime between the summoning of the Gedo (assuming madara doesnt know about Nagato being able to summon it) that Madara was to be revived, but not as he was. If Nagato summoning the Gedo killed Madara or practically did how would he know to get Obito to edo him? Unless he had planned all along that this was what he was going to do and Nagato kind of just showed himself......or its possible Madara knew about Nagato and the rinnegan all along (maybe due to him using it to kill the leaf shinobi or something) and planned out Yahiko's death manipulating Hanzos dudes to get Nagato to activate his rinnegan to its full potential.

the more i think about it...with Madara being alive thsi whole time and hating life and hating everyone in life and just hating everything lol he probably had more than enough time to plot out shit to have the uchiha killed, manipulate the villages to killing each other over tailed beasts and mindscrewing Obito and Nagato into his mindset. I mean hes not asking for nothing horrible, just a perfect world...but his way of obtaining it is rather violent and contradictory to what he wants....

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    contemplating the nature of
    humans.

Also, isnt the Gedo thing the like creator/destroyer of things? well creation and destruction could be compared to good/evil bad/good....maybe black zetzu and black rods are the like negative or bad half full of power and the white zetzu (though i wouldnt call good) have a different powers? like copying someones chakra or something. If the zetzu's are created from the gedo and they seem to have the ultimate versatile abilities (they remember everything, can technically travel all over the world, copy exact chakra to become undetected, has moderate lv tai jutsu, can use hashi's tree power.....) it seems very plausible that Madara has planned out alot of this stuff by using the zetzus. maybe the swirly zetzu that took over Obito or black zetzu in general is like uchiha dna as well as senju...thats why the black rods come out and Nagato and Obito go psycho....they represent a type of negative power from the gedo. Sorry....im typing as im thinking so some of this might not make sense...

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Deva Path(Yahiko) with his fight with Naruto was constantly pulling out Black Rods like it was nothing.

OT: so in conclusion.
    Nagato killed Madara!?!?

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    N/A

Interesting theory. Though I believe what stuck out of Obito was more like Mokuton spikes rather than the black rods.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

lol Gaara must be using Gedo Mazu's power too huh?

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Woahhhhhh!!!!!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah the two parallel each other very well.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

damn this was crazy as shit. i would've never put any of this together. good shit dude

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Woooaaah!!!!!!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I love these kinds of threads and no this is not lengthy. Ya'll must be so used to twitter sized text limit on the internet that this is too much. I would give you rep but I got to spread the rep around.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

These Woaahhh!! that Kishi keeps putting is probably showing that they are being possessed by something.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRock View Post
    These Woaahhh!! that Kishi keeps putting is probably showing that they are being possessed by something.
    Exactly.

I see what you did there ^_^ haha! However to pick up where AngryRock left off, one could argue that that's actually correct in a sense. Pretty much anytime we have seen that specific emotion it has been related to the presence of a Bijuu or Gedo Mazo. Seeing as how the Juubi is all of the Bijuu combined, and Gedo Mazo is a container for their chakra, it makes sense that it could provide the same Bloodrage / Woahh effect as when a Jinchuuriki loses control over it's Bijuu. :D

So your statement is pretty much accurate since Gedo Mazo's power IS the Bijuu/Juubi.

*Snicker* hehe

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

nice thread all points on the spot 5 stars man you should get a medal for this

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said what what in the butt.

I have a comment about the last part where Nagato summons the Gedo Mazo. If you read the page carefully, Konan seems to already know what Nagato wants to do. That would mean Nagato summoned the Gedo Mazo at some point when Yahiko was still alive. That would create the possibility that Madara died before Hanzo's betrayal on Akatsuki. I'm not entirely convinced by your theory though, but I'll give you rep for the effort.