Status
    Oct 2011
    In the words of the late,
    great Colonel Sanders:
    "I'm to drunk to taste
    this chicken "

Re: Thought about the Konha attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Floydical View Post
    I think it was not yet part of his plan to capture them all. I think he decided to go through with gathering the Biju after the nine-tails attack failed.

In addition, I don't think he could have sealed the Kyuubi the old fashioned way given the Kyuubi was separated from the host. I think if he did plan on sealing the Kyuubi at that point, he would simply have kidnapped Kushina after separating her from Minato and nothing else.

Another good point. Which furthers my "unplanned attack" thoughts around the attack. It seems sloppy to me, like the act of a child rather then the mind of an old genius.

Status
    Oct 2011
    In the words of the late,
    great Colonel Sanders:
    "I'm to drunk to taste
    this chicken "

Quote Originally Posted by Akx19 View Post
    I have to go to work right now but I'll see if I can dig up proof about gedo mazo later
    I think someone else metioned its a manga only thing, the anime shows some already captured.

Status
    Mar 2012
    You can destroy the man but
    you can't destroy an idea.

Btw it was Madar who gave the Rinnegan to Nagato, not Obito.

Status
    May 2011
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

This is a crux issue in the storyline. The only item Tobito failed to mention when discussing with Sasuke was that Naruto's birth is tied to the incident. He tells Sasuke he was willing participant in the Massacre and that he had a grudge against the village but says the nine tails attack was a random occurrence. There is a reason why he does not want it known that Naruto's birth is tied to the event. It is the same reason Jiraiya wanted his coded message to go to the Sage Toad instead of Naruto.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 10-13-2012 at 03:21 AM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    This user has no status.

His attack on Konoha was not because he wanted to revive the Juubi.

It's already stated that sealing the Bijuu into Gedo Mazo must be done in a certain way so the chakra doesn't get unstable. It has to be the Ichibi first, then the Nibi, Sanbi, Yonbi and on...
    So that negates the possibility of the Juubi revival plan.

It's either that Tobi wanted the power of the Kyuubi for himself and wreaked a little havoc on Konoha as his first outing but eventually got stopped by Minato. Or the second possibility is that he was working with Danzo and the attack was meant to pin the blame on the Uchiha's. Eventually leading to their massacre. :shrug:

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Why obito attack the konoha leaf? his answer was in the pic below...

Did his plan work? yes mifune justify obito's attack to konoha...(not only just konoha but other village)

Then why he didn't keep the 9-tails? i dont know..need to wait the flashback

Status
    Nov 2011
    contemplating the nature of
    humans.

my own personal belief is that Rin died before that. Rin dying obviously means alot to Obito and it was probably very easy for Madara to manipulate Obito after this. Madara would have known about the seal because for some reason i imagine at one point Madara and Hashi werent always rivals and enemies and he had to have known from soemwhere that the seal weakened during that time.

i think Madara was hasty to attack konoha before his death and told Obito some bullcrap like, if you get the kyubi from the host ill revive Rin or show you how or you can get revenge on your sensei by taking away his wife and kid and while your at it attack the village with the fox to make yourself known. Obito i imagined probably adopted Madara's ID shortly after Madara's death and the fox attack probably happened after (obviously) and Obito was combined with swirly zetzu and he just went pyscho again. Swirly zetzu has to have more to do with it than we think because even though hes behind tramatized by Rins death, i dont see him killing off his sensei and innocent wife and child for revenge. Also, if it was Obito attacking out of revenge, why didn't he try and kill Kakashi....as a matter of fact..

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

My thoughts on the konoha attacks during naruto's birth is that Obito was doing his own thing. Its possible Obito was to "Hasty" and decided he was going to get revenge for Rin's death at the hands of Kakashi and (Kohona Root Anbu Posing as Mist Anbu) at the same time he was meant to retrieve the Kyuubi but failed at the hands of the 4th Hokage, throwing a spanner in Madara's plans.

In my opinion Obito screwed up Madara's goals the moment he decided to act on his own and get revenge for Rin and losing the Kyuubi. And later decided to go back and rectify his failed attempts of revenge by killing all the uchiha (Konoha posing as Mists Anbu during Rin's death would be the reason for the massacre)

Madara's plans spiraled out of control the moment Obito lost the Kyuubi.

Last edited by Raiden001; 10-14-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

we dont know that for sure. and madara could not leave that place. it was probaly obito. but if he fused with zetsu then yaa.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12