Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Banned
    Status
    Yellow Flash God is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Whats up with the rasengan?

    It's supposed to be able to frickin crash and destroy through a giant steel barrel, but whenever its used against an opponent it just frickin sucks! I don't know if this is to limit gore, as guts and sh-t would be swirling out, but its really stupid. Naruto just basically smacks someone with it and their DEAD! Only rasenshuriken actually does something devastating

    Smacking a pain


    Minato basically smashes Tobi and thats it


    Dafuq?!
     
         

  2. #2
    Member rasenchidorishuriken's Avatar
    Status
    rasenchidorishuriken is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    heaven
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like
    drinking sodas and chilin in
    the pool
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    ololooll
     
         

  3. #3
    Knock Knock MacMiller's Avatar
    Status
    MacMiller is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    I agree to a certain extent.
     
         

  4. #4
    Member
    Status
    bobssmurf is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    chodori is a peircing attack , rasengan isnt its that simple rasengan pretty much obliterated your stomach like deva path vs base naruto it does damage on the inside, its not to limit gore its just how the technique itself is, unlike chodori which goes through like a blade.
     
         

  5. #5
    Member Armathyx's Avatar
    Status
    Armathyx is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    892
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Gravedigger
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Rasengan is just the OP "magic trick" technique that will own anything it touches when the main character doesn't actually have a chance to win. There's no gore, there's PNJ.
     
         

  6. #6
    Member Somnath Ghosh's Avatar
    Status
    Somnath Ghosh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mt. Myouboku
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    rasengan just like a chakra concentrated ball.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member thegame's Avatar
    Status
    thegame is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    so simple fact..
    naruto rasengan > minato rasengan

    OR

    Obito just protected by OP zetsu suit, but seems unlikely as the way rasengan works.
     
         

  8. #8
    Epic Member Imperius's Avatar
    Status
    Imperius is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Posts
    1,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Flash God View Post
    It's supposed to be able to frickin crash and destroy through a giant steel barrel, but whenever its used against an opponent it just frickin sucks! I don't know if this is to limit gore, as guts and sh-t would be swirling out, but its really stupid. Naruto just basically smacks someone with it and their DEAD! Only rasenshuriken actually does something devastating

    Smacking a pain


    Minato basically smashes Tobi and thats it


    Dafuq?!
    rasengan held just enough power to destroy a mask lololo
     
         

  9. #9
    Troll slayer of the Mist. The Injustice's Avatar
    Status
    The Injustice is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    hidden in the mist
    Posts
    234
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    he holds back when he uses it on people I'm guessing.
     
         

  10. #10
    Banned
    Status
    Yellow Flash God is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Injustice View Post
    he holds back when he uses it on people I'm guessing.
    he didn't hold back against sasuke. That rasegan was bout to obliterate him, as it destroys the steel barrel behind him
     
         

  11. #11
    Hanyou Artaya's Avatar
    Status
    Artaya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    329
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    It's because people in Narutoverse are basically DBZ characters, with adamantium skeletons and kevlar skin. An attack that will completely incinerate a grove of tree's will simply singe a major villain. A rasengan that can punch holes through a solid concrete wall will only tear up a persons shirt. I guess you could say, maybe, every single ninja has like... a chakra shield or something? But then that doesn't explain how they can be punched in the chest so hard you can see the outline of the attackers fist on the opposite side of their torso, where their spine should be, and they're perfectly O.K.

    Wait... I figured it out. It's a cartoon. If you can figure out why Hidan was still talking to Shikamaru when he was only a head, we can try to look at the show logically.
     
         

  12. #12
    Member ElectroG's Avatar
    Status
    ElectroG is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    yeah basically its a Kamehameha from DBZ but without the extending....
    ...

    .... Naruto is pretty much a PC in the computer world.... its a collection of ideas from other mangas....
     
         

  13. #13
    Member Encon Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Encon Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Everything gets depowered once it is spammed. Think about it.

    Amaterasu was thought to be as hot as the sun in part 1 when Itachi used it but in part 2 Raikage didnt even faze when it was on his arm.

    In part 1, Itachis Susanoo was thougth as Godly and even withstood a Kirin but in part 2, many people are breaking through it..Oonoki,Tsunade,Raikage,Kabuto.
     
         

  14. #14
    ϕ Final Getsuga Tenshou ϕ Xaviour's Avatar
    Status
    Xaviour is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ><> ♥ <><
    Posts
    15,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martial Arts FTW
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Remember that we're dealing with characters who are not normal human beings. eg Kabuto defended against a rasengan by putting up a chakara barrier on the point of impact, and Obito has Harashima's artificial body attached onto him.
     
         

  15. #15
    Banned
    Status
    Yellow Flash God is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Artaya View Post
    It's because people in Narutoverse are basically DBZ characters, with adamantium skeletons and kevlar skin. An attack that will completely incinerate a grove of tree's will simply singe a major villain. A rasengan that can punch holes through a solid concrete wall will only tear up a persons shirt. I guess you could say, maybe, every single ninja has like... a chakra shield or something? But then that doesn't explain how they can be punched in the chest so hard you can see the outline of the attackers fist on the opposite side of their torso, where their spine should be, and they're perfectly O.K.

    Wait... I figured it out. It's a cartoon. If you can figure out why Hidan was still talking to Shikamaru when he was only a head, we can try to look at the show logically.
    Wait... I figured it out. Theres a ****** on the naruto forums that doens't like talking about naruto!
     
         

  16. #16
    Kimblee Vs. Kisame Floydical's Avatar
    Status
    Floydical is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In Your Blind Spot
    Posts
    2,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    chillin
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    This is actually a good point. If Rasengan can literally carve a giant hole in a tree, it should easily be able to disembowel a person .
     
         

  17. #17
    Hanyou Artaya's Avatar
    Status
    Artaya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    329
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Flash God View Post
    Wait... I figured it out. Theres a ****** on the naruto forums that doens't like talking about naruto!
    I answered the question. Why isn't Rasengan as powerful against people as it should be? Because shinobi are super human, because it's a cartoon. I also couldn't help but notice you didn't say anything about the topic. Suck it.
     
         

  18. #18
    Planetary Destruction
    Status
    niblack89 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Park colorado
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Thinking about it the mini Tailed Beast Bomb is what the actual rasengan was created to be like. I'm dying to see what damage the mini Tailed Beast Bomb does to an actual person. Madara reversed it on Naruto's clone and that amount of damage looked serious.
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Status
    Jako98146 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Encon Uchiha View Post
    Everything gets depowered once it is spammed. Think about it.

    Amaterasu was thought to be as hot as the sun in part 1 when Itachi used it but in part 2 Raikage didnt even faze when it was on his arm.

    In part 1, Itachis Susanoo was thougth as Godly and even withstood a Kirin but in part 2, many people are breaking through it..Oonoki,Tsunade,Raikage,Kabuto.
    Sasuke was using lv 1 susanoo against the kages, itachi used lv 3 against kirin, madara was just holding back, itachi was holding back against kabuto
     
         

  20. #20
    Member Encon Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Encon Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Whats up with the rasengan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jako98146 View Post
    Sasuke was using lv 1 susanoo against the kages, itachi used lv 3 against kirin, madara was just holding back, itachi was holding back against kabuto
    i wasnt referring to Sasueks Susanoo, but Madaras. Alot of people broke his.

    and yes Itachi was holding back against Kabuto but Kabuto still found a way to destroy Susanoo,with sound. Im an Uchiha fan and i gotta commend Kabuto's abilities...Kabuto raped Susanoo with sound.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •