Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

Hinata and Tobi, puzzling thoughts and possibly major mistake

Kakashi explained that Obito is not really intangible, he just sends part of his body in the other dimension. Now my question is, how did Hinata manage to miss that with the Byakugan ? That is simply illogical. Whole body parts going missing as Kiba and Naruto attacked Tobi, she should have seen that. I fear Kishi may have made a mistake here. Anyone have a solution to propose ? Maybe I'm missing something.
    P.S : I don't think she told the team about Tobi's sharingan either... Or did she ?

Last edited by raziel777; 10-13-2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Make thread more attractive ? Contrary to popular beliefs, looks do matter

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Hinata and Tobi, puzzling thoughts

He didn't have ringan at that time.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He leaves behind a "shadow" of his body, which appears to look as though he never "left"

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth 42 View Post
    He didn't have ringan at that time.
    It has nothing to do with Rinnegan... It is his Kamui's power that allows him to send parts of his body in the other dimension. Such as, when we see him emerging from the ground, the lower half of his body is not in the ground but rather in the other dimension. She should have realized that body parts were missing.

Academy Student
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

She should have also noticed that obito and kakashi had the same sharingan, like that mist guy with byakugan noticed at the summit that Danzo had shisuis other eye. They are all supposedly Distinguishable to hyuga eyes.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    seems like i'm almost in a
    hapy place

now that you've brought it up i'm thinking about it now

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    He leaves behind a "shadow" of his body, which appears to look as though he never "left"
    Nope. In chapter 597 p8, Kakashi clearly stated that the body part was ''moved'' to the other dimension.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    KCCO.

Good point, I never thought of this.
    I know what i'm gunna be doing for the next month. :/

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by neilson View Post
    now that you've brought it up i'm thinking about it now
    I just had this revelation why reading a fanfic lol. And why didn't she mention the ennemy had a sharingan ?

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

You're deffinatly right Hinata should have seen that with the whole Sharingan chakra like Ao. And at least with the Byakugan she should have seen a sharingan.

Anyways when Obito goes intangible the body of Kiba, Naruto, or even Sakura was where the chakra network would have showed so it could be she couldn't notice as her comrade's network was in the way!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    Hinata should have seen that withAnyways when Obito goes intangible the body of Kiba, Naruto, or even Sakura was where the chakra network would have showed so it could be she couldn't notice as her comrade's network was in the way!
    Nope, there is no '' you are in the way '' with the byakugan. Xray vision. She should have seen through her comrad and tobi. Her vision is not limited like ours. Putting your hand in front of your face can't stop her from seeing it

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Quote Originally Posted by raziel777 View Post
    Nope, there is no '' you are in the way '' with the byakugan. Xray vision. She should have seen through her comrad and tobi. Her vision is not limited like ours. Putting your hand in front of your face can't stop her from seeing it
    No no what I meant was she see the Chakra network so when they phase through the chakra networks of her teammates would overlap with Obitos. If he only phased out his body where enemies were their chakra network would over lap his...that's what I was thinking anyhow

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

If he only phased out his body where enemies were their chakra network would over lap his...that's what I was thinking anyhow
    I see your point but I don't think it work like that. He sends parts of him away. That part's chakra network doesn't exist in our dimension anymore. It's not phasing, so there is no overlaping. He's not transparent, the body part is completely moved away.
    Dunno if i explained that correctly

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

someone already ask the same question about hinata and tobi... if i remember he/she ask why hinata didn't see tobi MS while Ao saw danzo's right eye...

anyways good question and observation..

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

I see your point but I don't think it work like that. He sends parts of him away. That part's chakra network doesn't exist in our dimension anymore. It's not phasing, so there is no overlaping. He's not transparent, the body part is completely moved away.
    Dunno if i explained that correctly
    Yeah I follow perfectly ^.^! I keep seeing in my head her teammates chakra points replacing the missing Obito parts...now I can agree that it would make no sense if she can see parts of Tobi there and parts missing...that's why I keep thinking that the chakra of her teammates were in the place of where Obito's would be... I guess it was the only thing that would make sense.

Of course it could also have been her distracted by the sense of actual combat and worry over Naruto She didn't even notice

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dr Who ?

Re: Hinata and Tobi, puzzling thoughts and possibly major mistake

Kakashi explained that Obito is not really intangible, he just sends part of his body in the other dimension. Now my question is, how did Hinata manage to miss that with the Byakugan ? That is simply illogical. Whole body parts going missing as Kiba and Naruto attacked Tobi, she should have seen that. I fear Kishi may have made a mistake here. Anyone have a solution to propose ? Maybe I'm missing something.
    P.S : I don't think she told the team about Tobi's sharingan either... Or did she ?

Nice ..... well i try to give some points ==>

1. Kakashi explained that Obito is not really intangible, he just sends part of his body in the other dimension. Now my question is, how did Hinata manage to miss that with the Byakugan ? That is simply illogical. Whole body parts going missing as Kiba and Naruto attacked Tobi, she should have seen that. I fear Kishi may have made a mistake here. Anyone have a solution to propose ? Maybe I'm missing something.
    Well first of all Hinata is not so good or should i say experienced lyk AO, with Byakugan. Well she can see Tobi chakra network fine while no one is attacking him... but when naruto slips through him.. its just lyk overlaping Tobi's that part of body(or should i say chakra network by Naruto's chakra). Well i think its needs more practice with Byakugan to see some1 chakra network that is overlap by another Chakra network.

I know its not satisfying... but thts the only explanation i can think of.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

@KGB Kakuzu
    That's what I used to think too! But our way of thinking was wrong. And for the Hinata not being attentive enough, that would be trolling to its highest level if that were Kishi's official explanation. Hinata looked pretty serious and tried to help at the best of her abilities ( wouldn't want to fail naruto-kun lol )

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiten Uchiha View Post
    Well i think its needs more practice with Byakugan to see some1 chakra network that is overlap by another Chakra network.
    I think hinata is more skilled than ao but that's not the issue here. Because there is no overlaping. Obito litteraly create holes in his body for the atk to slip through, by sending parts of his body in the other dimension. So no overlaping, its just naruto's fist going through a hole in tobi's body, not his fist going through his body. See the diff?

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

@KGB Kakuzu
    That's what I used to think too! But our way of thinking was wrong. And for the Hinata not being attentive enough, that would be trolling to its highest level if that were Kishi's official explanation. Hinata looked pretty serious and tried to help at the best of her abilities ( wouldn't want to fail naruto-kun lol )
    HAHAHA yeah it would be trolling ! And as I've though about it I have to agree...it would be as though Obito's system would have parts missing. The more I've thought about it your way is making much more sense lol!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

HAHAHA yeah it would be trolling ! And as I've though about it I have to agree...it would be as though Obito's system would have parts missing. The more I've thought about it your way is making much more sense lol!
    That would such an obvious trolling attempt lol. Anyway I'm glad to see that you agree with me, I'm pretty sure that I'm right too

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hinata is the weakest of hyuga i feel, and her ninja skills are subpar, shed do better as housewife. If Neji were there he'd probably pick up on the sharigan. What I don't really get about tobi's abilities, is he ability to travel long distances. If he just sends his body to other dimensions, then to travel faster than zetzu. The dimension would have to exist with a different time frame, which would be a pretty insane ability you thought we would have heard of.

Gangster Lean Instructor p0002q's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    My right armpit hair grows
    12.7% faster than my left.

I see what you're saying.

I'm also looking at it from Obito's side.

With Obito's training and enhancements through Madara, I'm sure Obito would know how to trick Hinata/byakugan.

Also the speed in which Obito gets attacked is quite fast. Could be one reason, dunno.

There is mention from Yamato and others that Obito might have been an astral projection. Perhaps he combines some sort of projection with his phasing to help keep his ability harder to analyze.

When Hinata was looking at Tobi, she was told to keep an eye on his chakra as a whole - she was probly not "zooming" in for specific details - not sure, just another possibility.

I do see what you're saying though! Just throwing out some random thoughts off the top of my head

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

-Hinata may not be the most skilled hyuga but I think that it's absurd to think that she missed whole parts of tobi's chakra system going missing... It's not phasing, there is no shadow or after-image, he just moves the affected parts away. That's kind of hard to miss.
    - How did Tobi fool the byakugan ? He just stood there gazing at them the whole time, hinata should have easily spotted the sharingan. I tell you, it's an error made by Kishi. There is no other explanation

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

-Hinata may not be the most skilled hyuga but I think that it's absurd to think that she missed whole parts of tobi's chakra system going missing... It's not phasing, there is no shadow or after-image, he just moves the affected parts away. That's kind of hard to miss.
    - How did Tobi fool the byakugan ? He just stood there gazing at them the whole time, hinata should have easily spotted the sharingan. I tell you, it's an error made by Kishi. There is no other explanation
    Maybe he put some sort barrier space around himself...

In Obito's usage, by creating a swirling, spatial distortion centered upon his right eye, he is able to enter a dimensional void and teleport himself to another location instantaneously, exiting this void in a similar manner to how he entered. During this process, Obito's chakra becomes untraceable until the teleportation is completed.

The byakugan as excellent insight and surpasses the sharingan from what kakashi said but maybe Hinata's byakugan isn't that far developed.

"As the transported portions of his body are always obscured by the other objects, Obito appears completely whole to those observing him. By overlapping his entire body with a sufficiently large object, such as the ground, he can not only conceal himself from view, but also erase all traces of his chakra."

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

-I get what you are saying but it doesn't work like that with the byakugan. You can't conceal yourself by overlaping your body with other objects because the byakugan can see through them. --I agree that Hinata can't trace Obito when he's teleporting himself but what about when he only teleports parts of himself ? She should see those parts going missing even for a moment. For example, obito coming from the ground, hinata should notice that his lower half is not in the ground. You see my point ?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»