Status
    Jun 2014
    Wrapped in warm blankets with
    Gin, giggling

Ghostbusters 3 Director Tweets All-Female Cast

http://news.sky.com/story/1416547/gh...ll-female-cast

This is going to suck, it is just going to be a gender based humour, chick flick smut fest like the rest of this guys movies

and Melissa McCarthy is vile and repulsive, she makes my skin crawl, I remeber trying to watch the Heat, I turned it off in ten minutes, the woman is foul

Status
    Unless you see your nature,
    you should not go around
    criticizing the goodness of
    others.

Re: Ghostbusters 3 Director Tweets All-Female Cast

Like most things, it could be great, terrible, or all right. I'm comfortable with the cast, but I don't want it to just feel like Bridesmaids hunt ghosts. I liked Bridesmaids, but probably not hunting ghosts. Kristen Wig is good, but topping Bill Murray would be more than I'd be ok with as an actor/actress.

Status
    Jun 2014
    Gin, giggling

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Like most things, it could be great, terrible, or all right. I'm comfortable with the cast, but I don't want it to just feel like Bridesmaids hunt ghosts. I liked Bridesmaids, but probably not hunting ghosts. Kristen Wig is good, but topping Bill Murray would be more than I'd be ok with as an actor/actress.
    Its not my thing, the trailer for bridesmaids was smutty and I dislike smutty humour intensely, especially women doing smutty humour, its common

Status
    you should not go around
    others.

Quote Originally Posted by NaNaNaaaaa View Post
    Its not my thing, the trailer for bridesmaids was smutty and I dislike smutty humour intensely, especially women doing smutty humour, its common
    By smut I guess you mean indecent and obscene. In comparison to most films released since the 1960's it was fairly tame. It depends on how puritanical you are though. Personally I like movies with a wider range than Pixar films and documentaries, but to each his own.

Status
    Jun 2014
    Gin, giggling

By smut I guess you mean indecent and obscene. In comparison to most films released since the 1960's it was fairly tame. It depends on how puritanical you are though. Personally I like movies with a wider range than Pixar films and documentaries, but to each his own.
    I think humour should be clever, humour based on sex irritates me, it has no real imagination, I also like slapstick humour. I can't judge Bridesmaids too well as the trailer put me off, I prefer the clever humour of things like Frasier but the women who was in it Melissa McCarthy, i wouldn't watch anything with her in

I do like movies beyond Pixar though , Harry Hill is also very funny

Status
    you should not go around
    others.

I think humour should be clever, humour based on sex irritates me, it has no real imagination, I also like slapstick humour. I can't judge Bridesmaids too well as the trailer put me off, I prefer the clever humour of things like Frasier but the women who was in it Melissa McCarthy, i wouldn't watch anything with her in

I heard Melissa McCarthy was very good in St. Vincent, which is why Bill Murray picked her for the Ghostbusters movie. I haven't seen St. Vincent yet, but I heard it was good; maybe a little more "high brow." I too enjoy shows like Frasier, but honestly those are fart jokes wrapped in a psuedo-intellectual package. Family guy got it perfect when they mocked it in the scene where Niles tells Frasier, "your mother is so corpulent when she sits around the magnificently appointed Tuscan Villa, she really sits around the magnificently appointed Tuscan Villa."

Status
    Apr 2014
    ⓧ_ⓧ

Hope they won't fck this up. GB was one of my fav movies in childhood

Status
    Jun 2014
    Gin, giggling

I heard Melissa McCarthy was very good in St. Vincent, which is why Bill Murray picked her for the Ghostbusters movie. I haven't seen St. Vincent yet, but I heard it was good; maybe a little more "high brow." I too enjoy shows like Frasier, but honestly those are fart jokes wrapped in a psuedo-intellectual package. Family guy got it perfect when they mocked it in the scene where Niles tells Frasier, "your mother is so corpulent when she sits around the magnificently appointed Tuscan Villa, she really sits around the magnificently appointed Tuscan Villa."
    I don't mind fart jokes, in fact I like silly humour, I'm British, toilet humour is the thing, I just can't stand sex humour. Milissa McCarthy makes my skin crawl.

, true, part of Frasier was simple jokes in snobbish wrapping paper but it worked and it had class, even a fart joke can be classy when told right

Status
    Dec 2012
    2 down and 1 to go

Should I be concerned because Pixar movies are my favorites?

I tend to prefer animated movies in general (except those Disney princess ones.)

Status
    Jun 2014
    Gin, giggling

Quote Originally Posted by UzumakiSama View Post
    Should I be concerned because Pixar movies are my favorites?

I tend to prefer animated movies in general (except those Disney princess ones.)
    I love Pixar too! and yes, I don't like the princess movies either and me too, I prefer animated movies as well, live action is overrated.

Status
    you should not go around
    others.

I don't mind fart jokes, in fact I like silly humour, I'm British, toilet humour is the thing, I just can't stand sex humour. Milissa McCarthy makes my skin crawl.

, true, part of Frasier was simple jokes in snobbish wrapping paper but it worked and it had class, even a fart joke can be classy when told right
    Frasier has its share of sex jokes too ("Niles gotta have it"). Don't get me wrong, it's a great a show that throws in a lot of culture, but if you're looking for morality it's the Hollywood status quo.

Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

It's not ghostbusters then. It's just a female team that hunts ghosts, since apparently it's not even a sequel. The name sells it, which leads me to believe it's going to be bad. I'll give it a shot I suppose, maybe rent it, as I love Kristen Wiig.

Hopefully it has more depth than an undetailed movie with a fancy label, but I'm guessing generic ghost hunter movie with the iconic car and suits and the Stay Puft Marshmallow guy.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Attack on Titan.Akame Ga Kill.
    TerraFormars.Tokyo Ghoul Re.
    Coppelion. Code
    Breaker.Deadman Wonderland=
    Favorite mangas.

Seems like its going to be an episode of SNL :/ .................. like the fellow above said, GB was one of my favorite growing up, DON'T FVCK THIS UP!