Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Moderator Horus's Avatar
    Status
    Horus is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,308
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    All hail Princess Anna and
    #donutsrthebest
     



    The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer




    "In this next chapter of the epic “Maze Runner” saga, Thomas (Dylan O’Brien) and his fellow Gladers face their greatest challenge yet: searching for clues about the mysterious and powerful organization known as WCKD. Their journey takes them to the Scorch, a desolate landscape filled with unimaginable obstacles. Teaming up with resistance fighters, the Gladers take on WCKD’s vastly superior forces and uncover its shocking plans for them all"


    Finally! Can't wait!
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member 123fire's Avatar
    Status
    123fire is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,233
    Location
    In a Country where there Peace
    Obito Uchiha Is God!!
     

    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    Cool can't wait
    Btw Obito rules
     
         

  3. #3
    ~¦Prince and Heir¦~ 拮抗薬 Ambivalence's Avatar
    Status
    Ambivalence is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,333
    Location
    Isla de Muerta
    "Veni, vidi, vici!"
     

    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    Hell yes! Honestly, I loved The Maze Runner, and I knew they would adapt at least one more of the books. After I watch Scorch Trials I'll definitely read the rest, since I probably won't be patient enough to wait for a new movie.
     
         

  4. #4
    Human nature is Light YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12,667
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    sokotsu
     

    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    I haven't even watched the first one ._.
    The movie seems a bit like the hunger games in which mankind has been fully enslaved, am I right?

    Haven't watched hunger games either
     
         

  5. #5
    Moderator Horus's Avatar
    Status
    Horus is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,308
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    All hail Princess Anna and
    #donutsrthebest
     



    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    I haven't even watched the first one ._.
    The movie seems a bit like the hunger games in which mankind has been fully enslaved, am I right?

    Haven't watched hunger games either
    Though I havent watched the hunger games, I've heard reviews on it and from the comparisons drawn between TMR, it seems really really similar, except in the maze runner, alot of science is involved and apocalyptic natural disasters.
     
         

  6. #6
    Member naruto fan 2's Avatar
    Status
    naruto fan 2 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    99
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    the maze runner movie was nice but i honestly liked the book more. still i think the scorch trails is going to be fun too.
     
         

  7. #7
    Moderator Horus's Avatar
    Status
    Horus is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,308
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    All hail Princess Anna and
    #donutsrthebest
     



    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto fan 2 View Post
    the maze runner movie was nice but i honestly liked the book more. still i think the scorch trails is going to be fun too.
    I liked the books more because of the extra details and stuff, but to see it in action was mindblowing >_>
     
         

  8. #8
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,725
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    Meh. I'm honestly said getting quite fed-up with these kind of movies. Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner...they all give of the same vibe. When I first heard about the Maze Runner I was like "definitely based on a book series again" despite having never heard of it before. If they restrict it to one movie, fine, but most of the time there are three books, so also three movies and there's that annoying habit of having a title that in fact only applies to the first movie, but not anymore on its sequels, but they still use it.

    By now I'm starting to consider these movies as some kind of a separate genre or a current popular trend in the movie industry. I never read the books though, but I did read what it's all about in short summaries.
     
         
    Last edited by Caliburn; 05-26-2015 at 06:41 AM.

  9. #9
    Moderator Horus's Avatar
    Status
    Horus is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,308
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    All hail Princess Anna and
    #donutsrthebest
     



    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Meh. I'm honestly said getting quite fed-up with these kind of movies. Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner...they all give of the same vibe. When I first heard about the Maze Runner I was like "definitely based on a book series again" despite having never heard of it before. If they restrict it to one movie, fine, but most of the time there are three books, so also three movies and there's that annoying habit of having a title that in fact only applies to the first movie, but not anymore on its sequels, but they still use it.

    By now I'm starting to consider these movies as some kind of a separate genre or a current popular trend in the movie industry. I never read the books though, but I did read what it's all about in short summaries.
    Now that you highlighted it, it does seem "trendy" in a sense.. The suspense is also tiring when you have to wait years for the final movie to come out, though if you read the books (the maze runner books are awesome) its not that bad.. I dunno if they got the idea from LoTR or something >_<

    I read that another book will be released soon in the Maze Runner chronicles that shows about life in the Glade before the main protagonist shows up in the maze, so that'll most likely be made into another movie. By the time that's released, I'll probably be plucking grey hairs outta my scalp.
     
         

  10. #10
    Academy Student YoungAndMisunderstood's Avatar
    Status
    YoungAndMisunderstood is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    I cannot wait!
    This movie is like a potara fusion of Divergent and The Hunger Games
     
         

  11. #11
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,725
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | Official Trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    Now that you highlighted it, it does seem "trendy" in a sense.. The suspense is also tiring when you have to wait years for the final movie to come out, though if you read the books (the maze runner books are awesome) its not that bad.. I dunno if they got the idea from LoTR or something >_<

    I read that another book will be released soon in the Maze Runner chronicles that shows about life in the Glade before the main protagonist shows up in the maze, so that'll most likely be made into another movie. By the time that's released, I'll probably be plucking grey hairs outta my scalp.
    It's not so much the thing of making books into movies, that has been frequently done since the '90. The difference is that these books and movies have transformed into some kind of a single entity. I mean LOTR existed already for over 50 years before it was made into a movie. Harry Potter was already a phenomenon before they started making the movies. However with the series of the Hunger Games, Divergent etc. they start planning the movies almost as fast as the first book gets released .-. I even never heard of the Hunger Games, the Maze Runner or Divergent till I saw the movies and it's not like I do not read books. On top of that most of these series seem to get their last movie separated into two parts, just like with Twilight.

    No doubt all those books were great, but they seem to have become almost some excuse to make a movie out of it. The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Maze Runner...all of them are stories of a post-apocalyptic world where a bunch of teenagers gets subjugated to some weird games or twisted scientific experiments. The divergent series is barely 4 years old and yet it already has two movies and two more planned for in the future.

    It's getting bothersome to be honest, at least seen from the perspective of someone who watches the movies as they feel forced. When I saw the first Hunger Games, I was like 'interesting movie', but then it appeared it was based on a book and more movies would follow and then I was like 'oh why?' I mean you can't make three movies out of the same game. There was also something similar with Twilight, I remember that the entire third movie was just Kirsten Stewart getting baby.
     
         
    Last edited by Caliburn; Yesterday at 01:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •