Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Excellence is a continuous
    process and not an accident-
    APJ A Kalam. RIP

[spoiler] Bahubali ( Telugu/Indian movie)

@ Indians if any around...

Just returned after watching the movie and I wonder if any of you here watched it. Despite some minor problems here and there( and a couple of songs I could do without not that music was not nice..) it's engaging and the backgrounds are a treat...

But.....

Why did Katyappa kill Bahubali? -_-

( real possibilities - not the "because Bahubali never liked his posts at FB/NB kind" )

Last edited by Jean Grey; 07-24-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Senior Member Mikeuhsomething36's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    "Nothing obstructs my
    comprehension or
    countermeasuring, in the face
    of these eyes any ability I
    know of is rendered POWERLESS
    against me...so do you still
    think my name is devoid of
    meaning?...my name is
    YHWACH!" - His majesty
    negs your fave

Re: [spoiler] Bahubali ( Telugu/Indian movie)

I didn't know you were Indian jean and idk, what's the central focus of the movie? Sounds like a romantic action comedy to me

Status
    Mar 2014
    This user has no status.

Just my 2 cents but i think baahubali ordered kattapa to kill him

Status
    May 2013
    chillin...

Quote Originally Posted by Might Guy23 View Post
    Just my 2 cents but i think baahubali ordered kattapa to kill him
    Or his brother took bahubali's wife devasena as hostage then threatened Kattapa to kill bahubali. May be
    OT: Movie was ok for me.
    Came across this yesterday "Kattappa killed bahubali because bahubali rejected kattappa's invitations to play candy crush in FB

Last edited by kunde; 07-24-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Nico Robin or Mei Terumi ♥

Why did u wasted your money on this stupid shit movie

Status
    This user has no status.

I heard a rumour that the Queen(Baahubali/Shiva's aunt) order Kattapa to kill him.
    It fits well into the context of story, also explains various things, such as the statement said by her in the beginning of the movie(while carrying Shiva).
    'I commited a lot of sins, throughout my life, but let this child live, because he is the scion of Bahubali'.
    Btw, this movie is good, but very overrated.

Status
    Dec 2012

Obviously bahubalis evil bro. Would have ordered him for kill by some sort of blackmailing.

Status
    Dec 2012

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoro View Post
    I heard a rumour that the Queen(Baahubali/Shiva's aunt) order Kattapa to kill him.
    It fits well into the context of story, also explains various things, such as the statement said by her in the beginning of the movie(while carrying Shiva).
    'I commited a lot of sins, throughout my life, but let this child live, because he is the scion of Bahubali'.
    You really think so? Tons of South movies are better than this and the most disappointing ending I have ever seen. Complete waste of tym and money.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ayush View Post
    You really think so? Tons of South movies are better than this and the most disappointing ending I have ever seen. Complete waste of tym and money.
    I have seen better South Indian movies, I agree, but this wasn't complete waste of time and money.
    It was just a 'different attempt', though it is nowhere close to perfection, it is good. The second half was better, imo.
    I didn't find the ending disappointing, it was just cliffhanger, pretty decent for 'Indian movie standards', at least far much better than 'Bhai ki picture'.xD

Status
    Dec 2012

I have seen better South Indian movies, I agree, but this wasn't complete waste of time and money.
    It was just a 'different attempt', though it is nowhere close to perfection, it is good. The second half was better, imo.
    I didn't find the ending disappointing, it was just cliffhanger, pretty decent for 'Indian movie standards', at least far much better than 'Bhai ki picture'.xD
    Watch bajrangi bhaijaan, it will change your whole opinion on him and at least Sallu's films are little bit entertaining and you will enjoy More if you watch bhais film in small theatre where his illogical fans are present. And as it goes for bahubali, its ending where it states "the conclusion 2016" made me go nuts.

Cruciatus' sex slave. Funky Tiger's Avatar
    Status
    May 2013
    ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​​ ​

as a south indian yes, there are tons of movies that have budgets a tenth of what bahubali had but are awesome as ****.

edit: lmao bhai salman movies are what makes the world laugh at indian cinema in general, stop glorifying his shit.

Last edited by Funky Tiger; 07-24-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Status
    Dec 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Tiger View Post
    as a south indian yes, there are tons of movies that have budgets a tenth of what bahubali had but are awesome as ****.
    Sorry but South films just never worked for me.

Status
    May 2013
    ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​​ ​

Sorry but South films just never worked for me.
    south indian arthouse films dont work for a salman bhai films fan, yes. even some of the films from which the rajinikanth = chuck norris memes are drawn from make more sense

i mean i get how watching his films with a bunch of friends at a cinema and shouting and stuff is fun af, but strictly speaking about critiquing the story and quality, kerala films and a few tamil films (the ones that bollywood remakes and eventually ruins) are much, much better than your average bollywood film

Last edited by Jean Grey; 07-25-2015 at 06:03 AM.

Status
    This user has no status.

Watch bajrangi bhaijaan, it will change your whole opinion on him and at least Sallu's films are little bit entertaining and you will enjoy More if you watch bhais film in small theatre where his illogical fans are present. And as it goes for bahubali, its ending where it states "the conclusion 2016" made me go nuts.
    It is fun to watch his fans(who remove their shirts and dance in front of the screen, with absolutely no purpose in life), doesn't mean that they are 'good films'(I would rather watch his fans and their mockery on YouTube). Most of them are remakes of South Indian movies and that too with almost similar stories(Bhai loves a girl, beats the bunch of villains and blah blah..)
    Dunno about 'Bajarangi Bhaijaan', but for me it seems more like using India-Pakistan issue to make your film superhit(promo of the film speaks volumes, when it comes to 'Bhai' films) and then we have songs like 'selfie le le'(except few notable examples, Bollywood music is shit these days).
    Seriously, I am really curious to know, what part of this is entertaining??
    First, when he did it in earlier films, it was entertaining(the reason due to which people watched Dabbang), but then repeated the same thing over and over again and it completely lost entertaining value.

Status
    APJ A Kalam. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeuhsomething36 View Post
    I didn't know you were Indian jean and idk, what's the central focus of the movie? Sounds like a romantic action comedy to me
    An action, historical drama.. Two part movie. The first part ended with a cliffhanger.

Why did u wasted your money on this stupid shit movie
    You just recommended Bhai ki movie- you don't get to make such a call. :P

If it makes you feel better I have learned that I can tolerate Salman's screen presence much better than Amir most of the time. Amir is good but overrated IMO. He can be soooooooooooo boring.

That's definitely a possibility since Kattapa was loyal to her. But seeing how strong willed she was I wonder what might have happened to make her give such an order. She favoured him over her own son after all. Too many unanswered questions.

It's a regional movie making big so people are excited, I guess. Yeah it's overrated in some ways but I watched for the view and second part was definitely better once. Movie could use some 45 minute editing.

i mean i get how watching his films with a bunch of friends at a cinema and shouting and stuff is fun af, but strictly speaking about critiquing the story and quality, kerala films and a few tamil films (the ones that bollywood remakes and eventually ruins) are much, much better than your average bollywood film
    Sometimes yes. Can't say much because I am not always fan of those movies either...not that I watch too many in the first place.

Last edited by Jean Grey; 07-24-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Status
    Dec 2012

It is fun to watch his fans(who remove their shirts and dance in front of the screen, with absolutely no purpose in life), doesn't mean that they are 'good films'(I would rather watch his fans and their mockery on YouTube). Most of them are remakes of South Indian movies and that too with almost similar stories(Bhai loves a girl, beats the bunch of villains and blah blah..)
    Dunno about 'Bajarangi Bhaijaan', but for me it seems more like using India-Pakistan issue to make your film superhit(promo of the film speaks volumes, when it comes to 'Bhai' films) and then we have songs like 'selfie le le'(except few notable examples, Bollywood music is shit these days).
    First, when he did it in earlier films, it was entertaining(the reason due to which people watched Dabbang), but then repeated the same thing over and over again and it completely lost entertaining value.
    Bollywood is shit nowadays but salman khan is the only male actor present who does not requires any superhit co-stars to make his movie work. Like shah rukh khan who always work with the best actors and still ends up making a shit movie so in that way salman khan is the only person who knows how to make big with small things. And c'mon his films are entertaining, i don't know why people don't find it. Look at 'bang bang', people gave it a gud reviews but movie was a total shit but when it comes to 'kick'(which has better stunts,casting and unique story) everybody were like "kya chutiya insaan hai be ye. same for akshay kumar's film, when he gives message to about country or spread awareness,everybody appreciates but when bhai's 'jai ho'(although i find picture booring) did the same, everybody neglects it and gave a bad review about it. I don't know why people hates him so much.

Don't make people laugh here

Status
    May 2013
    ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​​ ​

Don't make people laugh here
    lmao you are just another bhai movie fan.

Last edited by Jean Grey; 07-25-2015 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Rest was not needed.

Status
    This user has no status.

Bollywood is shit nowadays but salman khan is the only male actor present who does not requires any superhit co-stars to make his movie work. Like shah rukh khan who always work with the best actors and still ends up making a shit movie so in that way salman khan is the only person who knows how to make big with small things. And c'mon his films are entertaining, i don't know why people don't find it. Look at 'bang bang', people gave it a gud reviews but movie was a total shit but when it comes to 'kick'(which has better stunts,casting and unique story) everybody were like "kya chutiya insaan hai be ye. same for akshay kumar's film, when he gives message to about country or spread awareness,everybody appreciates but when bhai's 'jai ho'(although i find picture booring) did the same, everybody neglects it and gave a bad review about it. I don't know why people hates him so much.
    You make it look like Salman Khan is the only 'Bollywood Massiah' alive on the planet(similar narrative can be seen in his films, where he is the only Massiah alive on the planet).
    What do you mean by making movies work??
    If you mean 'a super hit movie', then yes, Salman Khan is one of the actors that can single handedly make the movie 'work', but then again, Shahrukh Khan also made superhit movies such as Chennai Express(another movie which wasn't a good movie, yet earned over 100 crores). Does that mean Chennai Express is the milestone?
    Salman Khan earn that money because of the mindless fans, who go and watch the same thing over and over again and it is none other than Salman Khan's fault who is delineated as a typical 'Bollywood star', because of his own films(way back from Wanted, Ready, Bodyguard and list goes on).
    'Bang Bang' was a shit film, even it has IMDb rating of 5.5, I don't even know what type of Positive Reviews you are talking about.
    Now, when it comes to Kick, it is worse than even Dabangg. It is the just the mindless combination of Krrish and Dhoom-3.
    I don't even know, what type of message this film wanted to give?
    Robbery is justifiable if you are doing it for bunch of kids??
    Not even Salman's but even Jacqueline's character was badly written(I don't even see why the mindless love stories are necessary for Salman movies, if focus of story is something else. Wait, without love stories, heroines won't get roles, right??)
    Few Akshay Kumar movies were good(I said, 'few').
    Now, back to Salman and 'Jai Ho', this film had message, but the way it was presented, oh well, it is good if we don't talk about it.
    I will just say one thing, Salman Khan should just stop doing these nonsensical things and should try to do something different, just for change.>_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    That's definitely a possibility since Kattapa was loyal to her. But seeing how strong willed she was I wonder what might have happened to make her give such an order. She favoured him over her own son after all. Too many unanswered questions.

It's a regional movie making big so people are excited, I guess. Yeah it's overrated in some ways but I watched for the view and second part was definitely better once. Movie could use some 45 minute editing.
    I guess, she decided to go with her son and somehow found him overdoing her own son. It will be really exciting, if what I said turns out to be true, because it will add up to the complexity of the characters.

I wanted the movie to be something different than normal 'South Indian' films(nonsensical stunt scenes and irritating songs, with loud melodrama). Take out all of those things and movie can be better. Again a suggestion, go and watch '1-Nenokkadine' or 'Banglore Days', typically the first one.

Last edited by The Zoro; 07-25-2015 at 06:20 AM.

Status
    APJ A Kalam. RIP

Some are simply Salman fan. Then there is a certain section which likes movies like this a lot- considerable number seem to come from the migrants of the partition and all that... They never appealed much to myself because there is too much drama- the kind doesn't impress me.

If you start giving critique to Bahubali- as one critique put it-

" a paean to sexism and how women are relegated to nothing more than mantelpieces and that it peddles 'masculinity porn'. "

- That scenario is damn annoying bringing in so blatant objectification and and I agree with that analysis. The way it's enacted gives it a touch of rape - and somehow magically the heroine is in love now... It was a very lousy writing. When asked about this problem the director says-“Didn’t give it such deep thought. I don’t intellectualize my scenes and characters. ” -_-

I can count more weaknesses in it. Still I didn't regret watching most of the movie.

I guess, she decided to go with her son and somehow found him overdoing her own son. It will be really exciting, if what I said turns out to be true, because it will add up to the complexity of the characters.

I wanted the movie to be something different than normal 'South Indian' films(nonsensical stunt scenes and irritating songs, with loud melodrama). Take out all of those things and movie can be better. Again a suggestion, go and watch '1-Nenokkadine' or 'Banglore Days', typically the first one.
    I agree and ok.. I will if I get time.

About nonsensical stunt scene - stunt scene also need a better editing in this movie.

Another thing I find very typical in many Southern movies is that they jump from one scene to another quite abruptly. They really need to get rid of few songs and use those frames for smoother built up to the next scene.

Last edited by Jean Grey; 07-25-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    Some are simply Salman fan. Then there is a certain section which likes movies like this a lot- considerable number seem to come from the migrants of the partition and all that... They never appealed much to myself because there is too much drama- the kind doesn't impress me.
    I know and I don't even love what he is doing these days.
    You know what they say, things look good when they are in limit and are unique.
    If you start giving critique to Bahubali- as one critique put it-

" a paean to sexism and how women are relegated to nothing more than mantelpieces and that it peddles 'masculinity porn'. "

- That scenario is damn annoying bringing in so blatant objectification and and I agree with that analysis. The way it's enacted gives it a touch of rape - and somehow magically the heroine is in love now... It was a very lousy writing. When asked about this problem the director says-“Didn’t give it such deep thought. I don’t intellectualize my scenes and characters. ” -_-
    I know and I agree with this part as well.
    That's why I believe you should show love story in films, only if it is needed. One can easily skip the love part, but you know there is a crowd out there which love to watch hero doing romance with the heroine, no matter what the topic of the film is. This might be heresy for Indian cinema, but I do believe we are now at that age, where we need to mature.
    I can count more weaknesses in it. Still I didn't regret watching most of the movie.

I agree and ok.. I will if I get time.

About nonsensical stunt scene - stunt scene also need a better editing in this movie.

Another thing I find very typical in many Southern movies is that they jump from one scene to another quite abruptly. They really need to get rid of few songs and use those frames for smoother built up to the next scene.
    Even I didn't. It was different attempt altogether and I am really happy that a director tried to give a shot at creating such a grand franchise, typically in regional film industry(I know, south Indian film industry isn't something you can call regional, but technically it is).
    Yeah, they do jump quite abruptly and they need flow, Bahubali was still better on this front. Many other South Indian movies really lack this 'flow' part. Btw, I watched another regional movie today, a film from my own mother-tongue, titled 'Shala'(The school). It released way back in 2012 and I always wanted to watch it and YouTube came to rescue.
    Another awesome thing that I came across today was this short film entitled 'Ahalya'(based upon Ramayana story), maybe you should watch this one as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»