Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.

Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

Hello, i am a huge football (NFL) fan, and im going to make my own list of who i think are the top 5 QB's.

It was a tough choice for me between Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning. But i decided to go with Peyton, because his overall performances throughout his career. A few years ago, Peyton Manning was undoubtedly a top 3 QB playing with the Indianapolis Colts, and winning his first Superbowl in 2006. Now finally returning to the NFL, after missing the whole last years season, is only getting better and better throughout each week. He definitely still has the potential to move up his ranks in the Elite QB selection.

Coming in at number 4 on my list is Drew Brees. Regardless of his team being 1-4 at the moment, Drew Brees has played excellent this year. Just last game he broke the great Dan Marino's single season passing record. He threw for 5,476 passing yards, 46 TDs, and 14 interceptions last season. However, he did fall short of making it to the NFC championship last season. Nonetheless, Brees is still an Elite QB, arguably can still be in the Top 3 position. Also, won his first Super Bowl in 2010.

Coming in at number 3 is my man Eli Manning. Yes i am a Giants fan, and you might think that Drew Brees and Eli should switch positions on the list, but this is why i believe Eli has earned the number 3 spot. Eli Manning improvement in his last couple of seasons have been incredible. He keeps on getting better and better, and still has room to improve. Manning had 4,933 yards, 29 TDs, and 16 interceptions. No, he did not put up Drew Brees' numbers but he did something Drew Brees did not, and that is win his second Super Bowl title last season. Eli Manning has showed to be the most clutch QB in NFL, with 15 record-setting 4th quarter TDs.

Despite getting beat by Eli Manning in the Super Bowl for the second time, Tom Brady is still holds his spot on the second best QB in the NFL. His threw for 5,235 yards, 39 TDs, and 12 interceptions last season. He has the most Super Bowl title wins then all of the Elite QBs in this list, at 3. Although i do not believe he is in his prime anymore, Tom Brady still has room to claim one more Super Bowl Championship in his career.

Coming in at number one at my list, is ofcourse, Aaron Rodgers. The 2011 NFL MVP. Aaron Rodgers has lead his team to win One championship in the 2010-2011 season. He threw 4,643 yards, 45 TDs, and 6 interceptions last season. I do feel he is a bit overrated, and was tempted to descend his position a little bit, considering he is not off to a great start this season. But i can not discredit him for being such an incredible QB.

Let me know what do you think about my list, and what QBs you personally believe are in the Top 5 QB position and why. :D

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

dude where matt shaw

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many gods will I have to
    kill today?

I put Aaron at number 1 also because he has mobility, but I agree.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think your list is good but in my opinion Peyton should replace Drew Brees and Joe Flacco should be No. 5. Joe Flacco is still young and is a great QB with time to mature.

Senior Member muutobirama3rdraikagemizu's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    SHISHUI IS UNDARRATED

where is matt ryan

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by gameove View Post
    dude where matt shaw
    I assume you mean Matt Schaub, i wouldn't put him in an elite QB position. He is good, but not top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by RikudoKami View Post
    I put Aaron at number 1 also because he has mobility, but I agree.
    Very true, he is indeed fast, i forgot to include that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomic View Post
    I think your list is good but in my opinion Peyton should replace Drew Brees and Joe Flacco should be No. 5. Joe Flacco is still young and is a great QB with time to mature.
    Yeah that is debatable, but Peyton is coming off a neck injury, and its only week 6 so its hard to say. But i disagree with Joe Flacco being a top 5 QB, he is inconsistent, and in no way better then Brees. Maybe top 10, but definately not top 5.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by muutobirama3rdraikagemizu View Post
    where is matt ryan
    You obviously didn't read anything. In the 5th position, i said it was a tough choice between Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan. So i'd rank him number 6.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

I think I would put Matt Ryan in top 3 Amd ,maybe even Alex smith at 5 maybe

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    seems like i'm almost in a
    hapy place

i agree with your choices, seem correct

Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated

Tony romo should be in there

and Petyon manning should be before his lil bro

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

Not a bad list.

As for mine:

5. Drew Brees

4. Eli Manning

3. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

1. Aaron Rodgers

Peytons definitely on the decline of career body wise, but he still does more for his team than any QB has done in the history of the sport.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra73 View Post
    Nahh not yet, Matt Ryan is a young QB with lots of potential and time to improve. Top 5 can be debatable, but certainly not top 3. As for Alex Smith, i'll give him top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by neilson View Post
    i agree with your choices, seem correct
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Rib View Post
    Tony romo should be in there

and Petyon manning should be before his lil bro
    Lmao at Tony Romo being a top 5 QB. I say he barely makes top 10. And yeah i agree Peyton should be in front of Eli....if it was about 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Not a bad list.

As for mine:

5. Drew Brees

4. Eli Manning

3. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

1. Aaron Rodgers

Peytons definitely on the decline of career body wise, but he still does more for his team than any QB has done in the history of the sport.
    Nice, same players just different positions. I would 100% agree, but like you said Peyton is no longer in his prime. Especially coming off missing a whole season from a neck injury, having to get surgery.
    My list is as of right now, and since its only week 6 its kind of hard to tell, its definately a possibility for him to move up the list for me.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of the North

not bad respectable

i got

Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Eli Manning
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    not bad respectable

i got

Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Eli Manning
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees
    Likewise. Same players, just different positions. Nice list.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra73 View Post
    Did you see the games both had yesterday? They each threw 3 interceptions, if you would have said ryan a week ago, maybe, but definitely not now. As for alex smith, HA! That is all, I wouldn't put him top 10 atm, he has an amazing running game, and one of the best receiving squads in football, if he was a top 5 QB the niners would be invincible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Not a bad list.

As for mine:

5. Drew Brees

4. Eli Manning

3. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

1. Aaron Rodgers

Peyton is in the decline of his career, he is talking about right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Hello, i am a huge football (NFL) fan, and im going to make my own list of who i think are the top 5 QB's.

It was a tough choice for me between Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning. But i decided to go with Peyton, because his overall performances throughout his career. A few years ago, Peyton Manning was undoubtedly a top 3 QB playing with the Indianapolis Colts, and winning his first Superbowl in 2006. Now finally returning to the NFL, after missing the whole last years season, is only getting better and better throughout each week. He definitely still has the potential to move up his ranks in the Elite QB selection.

Coming in at number 4 on my list is Drew Brees. Regardless of his team being 1-4 at the moment, Drew Brees has played excellent this year. Just last game he broke the great Dan Marino's single season passing record. He threw for 5,476 passing yards, 46 TDs, and 14 interceptions last season. However, he did fall short of making it to the NFC championship last season. Nonetheless, Brees is still an Elite QB, arguably can still be in the Top 3 position. Also, won his first Super Bowl in 2010.

Coming in at number 3 is my man Eli Manning. Yes i am a Giants fan, and you might think that Drew Brees and Eli should switch positions on the list, but this is why i believe Eli has earned the number 3 spot. Eli Manning improvement in his last couple of seasons have been incredible. He keeps on getting better and better, and still has room to improve. Manning had 4,933 yards, 29 TDs, and 16 interceptions. No, he did not put up Drew Brees' numbers but he did something Drew Brees did not, and that is win his second Super Bowl title last season. Eli Manning has showed to be the most clutch QB in NFL, with 15 record-setting 4th quarter TDs.

Despite getting beat by Eli Manning in the Super Bowl for the second time, Tom Brady is still holds his spot on the second best QB in the NFL. His threw for 5,235 yards, 39 TDs, and 12 interceptions last season. He has the most Super Bowl title wins then all of the Elite QBs in this list, at 3. Although i do not believe he is in his prime anymore, Tom Brady still has room to claim one more Super Bowl Championship in his career.

Coming in at number one at my list, is ofcourse, Aaron Rodgers. The 2011 NFL MVP. Aaron Rodgers has lead his team to win One championship in the 2010-2011 season. He threw 4,643 yards, 45 TDs, and 6 interceptions last season. I do feel he is a bit overrated, and was tempted to descend his position a little bit, considering he is not off to a great start this season. But i can not discredit him for being such an incredible QB.

Let me know what do you think about my list, and what QBs you personally believe are in the Top 5 QB position and why. :D
    5. Drew brees
    If he doesn't start playing more like drew brees, and winning football games, ben rothlinsberger is gonna make this list ahead of him.

4. Peyton Manning
    Even on the bad side of his career, need I say more?

3. Tom brady
    Two years ago I would've put brady number 1 on this list(yes, even after rodgers had that amazing run of like, 16 games without an INT), however, the giants really exposed brady's weakness, if you hit him, really shake him up, even a secondary that an average QB should be able to pick apart, he can't do squat. They showed that twice.

2. Aaron Rodgers
    Yes, he threw for 6 TDs last night, yes he was amazing last year, where has he been this year up until last night? He has to continue to do that before he re-earns his #1 spot.

1. Eli Manning
    What more does this guy have to do to prove he is the current best QB in the NFL? Over the last 5 years he has the most superbowls, he's grown the most as a QB, and at this point he is the guy I would want with 2 minutes to go, needing a drive to tie/win the game, he is a fourth quarter wonder(yeah, they lost to the eagles, eli still led a drive that should've won the game, he can't do everything, kickers gotta kick), he doesn't make those bad decisions, he has 5 INTs this year, 3 were in the first half of the Tampa Bay game, he went on to throw for 510 yards and lead a comeback win. This guy, currently, is footballs top QB, I don't think that can really be argued. Behind all the Breese/Brady breaking marino's reacord and all, Eli threw for 67 yards shy of 5,000, that goes a little unnoticed by some.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Right now, the best quarterback in the league this season has to be Matt Ryan. One game with a few interceptions means nothing, his offensive capabilities are second to none right now. 2. is Rodgers, he's been a bit off so far. Than at 3. we've got Brees. Finally, 4. is Flacco since the Ravens have average to slightly skilled recievers, and 5. is RGIII. The Redskins look so much better this year, and let's be honest, it's because the dude can play. He's the great dual threat quarterback in the league, and he's the best up and coming.

For notables off the list, Manning's arm is still weak and he's done very little so far for Denver. He's on a downward spiral. Brady has always had an excellent set of W.R's and tight ends, this year he's nowhere near as sharp cause of that.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Brady should be #1

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Hasashi~ View Post
    Did you see the games both had yesterday? They each threw 3 interceptions, if you would have said ryan a week ago, maybe, but definitely not now. As for alex smith, HA! That is all, I wouldn't put him top 10 atm, he has an amazing running game, and one of the best receiving squads in football, if he was a top 5 QB the niners would be invincible.

Peyton is in the decline of his career, he is talking about right now.

5. Drew brees
    If he doesn't start playing more like drew brees, and winning football games, ben rothlinsberger is gonna make this list ahead of him.

4. Peyton Manning
    Even on the bad side of his career, need I say more?

3. Tom brady
    Two years ago I would've put brady number 1 on this list(yes, even after rodgers had that amazing run of like, 16 games without an INT), however, the giants really exposed brady's weakness, if you hit him, really shake him up, even a secondary that an average QB should be able to pick apart, he can't do squat. They showed that twice.

2. Aaron Rodgers
    Yes, he threw for 6 TDs last night, yes he was amazing last year, where has he been this year up until last night? He has to continue to do that before he re-earns his #1 spot.

1. Eli Manning
    What more does this guy have to do to prove he is the current best QB in the NFL? Over the last 5 years he has the most superbowls, he's grown the most as a QB, and at this point he is the guy I would want with 2 minutes to go, needing a drive to tie/win the game, he is a fourth quarter wonder(yeah, they lost to the eagles, eli still led a drive that should've won the game, he can't do everything, kickers gotta kick), he doesn't make those bad decisions, he has 5 INTs this year, 3 were in the first half of the Tampa Bay game, he went on to throw for 510 yards and lead a comeback win. This guy, currently, is footballs top QB, I don't think that can really be argued. Behind all the Breese/Brady breaking marino's reacord and all, Eli threw for 67 yards shy of 5,000, that goes a little unnoticed by some.
    Tbh, i am very tempted to move Eli Manning up. Everything you said is 100% correct. The Giants were once again put in a position where they had to prove America wrong. The 49ers are praised for there defense, and Eli picked them apart, not to mention the Giants running game. However, as a Giants fan i want to see more consistency as a team, because the Giants like to play to the level of there opponents. Which often results in Eli having to play catch up with little to no time left.
    If he plays to his full ability next week against Washington, i will in fact move him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Right now, the best quarterback in the league this season has to be Matt Ryan. One game with a few interceptions means nothing, his offensive capabilities are second to none right now. 2. is Rodgers, he's been a bit off so far. Than at 3. we've got Brees. Finally, 4. is Flacco since the Ravens have average to slightly skilled recievers, and 5. is RGIII. The Redskins look so much better this year, and let's be honest, it's because the dude can play. He's the great dual threat quarterback in the league, and he's the best up and coming.

For notables off the list, Manning's arm is still weak and he's done very little so far for Denver. He's on a downward spiral. Brady has always had an excellent set of W.R's and tight ends, this year he's nowhere near as sharp cause of that.
    I completely disagree with this. For starters, no way Matt Ryan is the #1 QB in the NFL. Yes, he has been doing incredibly good so far this season despite yusterday against Oakland, but it is way to soon to be deeming him #1. Drew Brees this season, has not been the Drew Brees we know, and to put him at #3 over QBs who have been doing much better and a lot more consistent is crazy. Deeming Joe Flacco an elite QB is laughable, tbh. And it is WAY to soon to be ranking RGIII as an Elite QB.
    I can't believe you didn't even mention Eli Manning. :sy:

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
    Brady should be #1
    Care to explain why?

Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Eli Manning

Last edited by Champ; 10-15-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Tiny pine forest way KobayashiShane's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'd say:
    1. Aaron Rogers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Eli Manning
    4. Drew Brees
    5. Matt Ryan

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of the North

Hasashi just cuz of your post Eli is now my #1 QB lol

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You have a respectable list, i have the same guys but in a different order:

1. Rodgers
    2. Brees
    3. Eli
    4. Brady
    5. Peyton

I consider two other quarterbacks to be elite ( Big Ben, and Phillip Rivers) but they miss making this my list.

Off topic: my team (Steelers) need to get their shit together now!

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by KobayashiShane View Post
    I'd say:
    1. Aaron Rogers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Eli Manning
    4. Drew Brees
    5. Matt Ryan
    Respectable. It was either Peyton or Matt Ryan for that 5th spot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Hasashi just cuz of your post Eli is now my #1 QB lol
    me too, and im a Giants fan. I guess i was a little afraid to overate him.

Quote Originally Posted by PUU View Post
    You have a respectable list, i have the same guys but in a different order:

1. Rodgers
    2. Brees
    3. Eli
    4. Brady
    5. Peyton

I consider two other quarterbacks to be elite ( Big Ben, and Phillip Rivers) but they miss making this my list.

Off topic: my team (Steelers) need to get their shit together now!
    Respectable. Brees isn't doing as well as i'd aspect, coming off such an incredible season last year.

I can see Big Ben arguably being in an Elite status, not Rivers though.

Your Steelers beat the Eagles last week, so i'm grateful

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Respectable. Brees isn't doing as well as i'd aspect, coming off such an incredible season last year.

I can see Big Ben arguably being in an Elite status, not Rivers though.

Your Steelers beat the Eagles last week, so i'm grateful
    true. This list was made from more of a career perspective than just this season. If i was just ranking off of this season and not include a QB's past reputation, than some of the players listed in my top 5 wouldn't be on this list.

I can see why their is doubt with Philip Rivers, he doesn't have the hardware like the other elite QB's do but if you compare numbers, he has some seasons to be included with the players you and I mentioned.

Hahaha. The problem is that we can't hold a 4th quarter lead to save our lives, plus the Steelers are 0-3 on the road which isn't gonna get the job done if we want to make the playoffs. Add the fact that our defensive key players are injured basically each game and our guys who are supposed to step up in their places are gettin shitted on is a recipe for having a long year.

Last edited by PUU; 10-16-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by PUU View Post
    true. This list was made from more of a career perspective than just this season. If i was just ranking off of this season and not include a QB's past reputation, than some of the players listed in my top 5 wouldn't be on this list.

I can see why their is doubt with Philip Rivers, he doesn't have the hardware like the other elite QB's do but if you compare numbers, he has some seasons to be included with the players you and I mentioned.

Hahaha. The problem is that we can't hold a 4th quarter lead to save our lives, plus the Steelers are 0-3 on the road which isn't gonna get the job done if we want to make the playoffs. Add the fact that our defensive key players are injured basically each game and our guys who are supposed to step up in their places are gettin shitted on is a recipe for having a long year.
    My list is taking everything into consideration, there whole careers, including this season thus far.

Philip Rivers did terrible yusterday against the Broncos, blows a 24 point lead, and 4 pics.

yeah that does sound like the Steelers are in a bit of a situation, anything can happen though. My Giants for example, we went from losing to the Cowboys in week 1 and everybody doubting us, to back on top with our win over San Fran.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»