Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    If a woodchuck chucks
    approximately its own cubic
    weight in wood it could
    hypothetically chuck around 35
    pounds of hard lumber.

Re: Obito is a lame villain

Lame with a capital L. Oh well, he'll be talk no jutsued soon anyway.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back.

Orochimaru is the best villain

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by N1nken View Post
    I disagree to an extent, but in my eyes, he was definitely a better villian before it was revealed he was Obito. A total monster on the battlefield turned mastermind who nearly escaped death by his rival, became a shell of his former self, and hid from the world/pulled the strings of a criminal organization from the shadows in order to enact a plan to become complete again sounds a bit better than a bitter kid who was manipulated into turning evil similar to almost every other significant villain in the series.
    Wow, couldn't have said it better myself. *****

MMTwister

It's interesting to see how unnecessarily disappointed people are, because of Rin being the trigger for Obitos future decisions. They make arguments like "Oh ho ho, he got friendzoned!!!", and yet they fail to see that Nagato did pretty much the same after Yahikos death. Both, Nagato and Obito, participated in wars at a young age. Obito also seems to have lost his parents at a young age, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. Understanding the world and what some people were willing to do for power, Obito came to the conclusion that humans will never change. Nagato came to a similar conclusion back then.

"I just didn't care. Whether he lives or dies, I couldn't care less. Kakashi will be in the world we're about to create... and Rin too."

Obito came to the conclusion that no matter what he did in reality, no matter how many people had to die, if he would succeed with this plan, even though it would be just an illusion, for him this is the only way to be together with the people he cares about and to achieve "true peace". I obviously disagree with this illusion of peace, but I understand his motives.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MMTwister View Post
    Obito came to the conclusion that no matter what he did in reality, no matter how many people had to die, if he would succeed with this plan, even though it would be just an illusion, for him this is the only way to be together with the people he cares about and to achieve "true peace". I obviously disagree with this illusion of peace, but I understand his motives.
    Though his motives may be understandable I still think these motives are kind of lame. :shrug:

MMTwister

Quote Originally Posted by KiraGirl K View Post
    Though his motives may be understandable I still think these motives are kind of lame. :shrug:
    Nagato had pretty much the same motives. Anyway, I agree that it's a little cliched, but I personally don't have a problem with that. Nobody has to like it obviously, but the whole disappointment and *****ing of some people is just embarrassing and clearly more "lame" than the whole outcome of the manga itself.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Rin didn't matter, and this "put yourself in his shoes" argument sucks. Rin was a trigger but before that she was obito's "goal." she was what he was aspiring for and he lost her in such a way, and in combination with the things madara and zetsu were saying to him, that obito had a realization:

This world is hell and I am going to change it

Obito has NEVER complained, lamented, or even grieved for Rin in the any point in the manga until this chapter, and its only because it was her death scene, after that he got the hell over it. In fact he even told kakashi that he doesn't hold it against him. Obito was smart and realized rin is dead, set a new goal for himself, and went on to become one of the greatest villains in naruto until he took off his mask and everyone started b!tching.

This isnt about the girl, shes dead and forgotten. This is about something bigger, much more important, and (honestly) nothing new. this is the same general goal held by jiraiya, nagato, naruto... you can kinda see the same mentality being passed along

MMTwister

Quote Originally Posted by peteriscoo View Post
    This is about something bigger, much more important, and (honestly) nothing new. this is the same general goal held by jiraiya, nagato, naruto... you can kinda see the same mentality being passed along
    And that's what makes this manga so interesting. They all have pretty much the same goals, but their plans to achieve these goals are completely different. Danzo and Hanzo also had their own ideas.

But yeah, we also have Orochimaru and Sasuke who don't give a shit about any of that. That adds variety to the manga.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MMTwister View Post
    And that's what makes this manga so interesting. They all have pretty much the same goals, but their plans to achieve these goals are completely different. Danzo and Hanzo also had their own ideas.

But yeah, we also have Orochimaru and Sasuke who don't give a shit about any of that. That adds variety to the manga.
    yeah I agree with you there. they're definitely all important characters, each with a unique ninja way (everyone's is different but very few characters actually talk about their person shinobi way, its neat to think about why a character does what they do and if it follows any unspoken rules unique to that character)

Im rambling lol but my point is no one is doing anything for a girl, to get a girl, or because a girl died. This manga is way to deep to make such shallow statements

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Studying for Finals...

How bout you sacrifice yourself for the two people you have only ever really cared about. Survive somehow. Meet a dying terrorist who claims he can change the world for better. And then Leave your benefactor to only find out that the two people you care for killed each other.

I'd go back to the terrorist and nuke the world.

And don't forget that because of Obito's....low standing on the ninja social ladder, he probably was bullied...

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Honestly If you read the story you can see that Obito has been warped mentally, I don't understand why ppl seem to think rin dying is the sole reason Obito is doing all this, if you would have reversed roles with rin killing kakashi, most likely the same thing would happen, but honestly it seems more like ppl are mad that kagami, or izuna or some random uchiha wasn't tobi.

Academy Student
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kishi should simply give Naruto a Heath Ledger- like Joker. He is the perfect villain imo.

Academy Student
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Nagato had a better reason than Obito to become a villian...
    the guy with the lamest story becomes one of the main villain which is really stupid jst cuz Rin died X_X not a good reason and also ddn't he have any family or something?

MMTwister

Quote Originally Posted by GreatM View Post
    Nagato had a better reason than Obito to become a villian...
    the guy with the lamest story becomes one of the main villain which is really stupid jst cuz Rin died X_X not a good reason and also ddn't he have any family or something?
    Well, it seems like his family has died or was killed a long time ago, similar to Narutos parents. Anyway, Rin was for Obito what Yahiko was for Nagato. But there is another point that is not irrelevant: Obito was a lot younger than Nagato, when his "best" friend was killed. It was a lot easier to manipulate him. Without Madaras influence Obito would've chosen the path of revenge and hatred, just like Sasuke.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

wait a second comparing nagato to obito really? Nagato apparently saw his parents get killed in front of him then years later he ends up having to stab his best friend. And Obito umm lost the girl of his dreams who didnt share the same feelings are not same by any means.

Nagato saw the real ugly of the world having his village ravaged by a ninja war. And Obito had a boulder fall on him and was content with dying.

MMTwister

It's not like he met her 2 days before that incident. Rin was a person Obito grew up with. She was his teammate, friend and family. We don't know what happened to his real family, but it seems like he was an orphan, just like Naruto. And when the person that meant most to him was killed by Kakashi, apparently because Kirigakure was after her for some reason, you are surprised that this is enough for him to lose control and seek revenge?

"We're both of the same breed, after all... motives for war are of no concern. Religion, ideology, resources, land, grudges, love, or a whim... No matter how pathetic the reason, it's enough to start a war." - Nagato

Sure, Nagatos life was a lot more tragic in comparison, but both were victims of sad circumstances. Both were victims of war.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think its lame on purpose. Half the reason he's crazy is because of Madara's words. I actually feel sorry for him that Madara manipulated him.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not inactive. Just
    preoccupied.

Dunno, does the word Character Development truly exist in Naruto? Or is it just a collection of cliche.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Define villain. He's doing all this for what he knows is true peace.

Last edited by Nigete; 10-19-2012 at 08:13 PM.

• Page 2 of 2 « First 12