Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21
    XX. The Judgement Tartarus's Avatar
    Status
    Tartarus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,959
    Location
    Chicago
    ~Memento Mori~
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Quote Originally Posted by alexu9696 View Post
    Yeah Obito its a ilogic choice that makes the story cheesy and confusing....I dont know why kishi put Óbito as Tobi....either because of the editor or kishi doesnt give a sheat that naruto old fans are now older and they dont like stuff for 13-14 young kids...
    lol someone's insecure about there own maturity
     
         

  2. #22
    MMTwister
    Guest

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    It's not that simple. Rin is merely a "trigger", but not his only reason to start all of this. What do you think would have happened if Rin would've killed Kakashi instead? Or if Minato would have killed Kakashi? Or if Kakashi would have killed Minato? I'm pretty sure that would've had a big impact on him aswell.







    Experiencing it himself, he started to trust Madaras words. Madara must have told him later about his own life and about what has happened to Nagato aswell. Rin was Obitos personal "trigger", but it's the whole picture that convinced him in the end.
     
         

  • #23
    Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    The Hidden Shinobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,151
    Location
    London
    Let's Dance!
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    No actually rin's death is the reason why he didn't return back to konoha all happily ever after.

    If obito got out of that cave and none of this happened he would of returned back to kakashi and rin as he was saying to madara before he left. So get your facts right
     
         

  • #24
    Banned
    Status
    alexu9696 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,198
    Location
    Bucuresti
    I eat people like you for
    breakfast
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Quote Originally Posted by shyarkugan View Post
    lol someone's insecure about there own maturity
    Someone like you has no clue about maturity.... Old Naruto fans like some of us are really thinking that naruto part 1 and naruto part 2 are like 2 different mangas
     
         

  • #25
    MMTwister
    Guest

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hidden Shinobi View Post
    No actually rin's death is the reason why he didn't return back to konoha all happily ever after.

    If obito got out of that cave and none of this happened he would of returned back to kakashi and rin as he was saying to madara before he left.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMTwister View Post
    Rin is merely a "trigger", but not his only reason to start all of this. What do you think would have happened if Rin would've killed Kakashi instead? Or if Minato would have killed Kakashi? Or if Kakashi would have killed Minato? I'm pretty sure that would've had a big impact on him aswell.
    Without Madara Obito only would've been interested in revenge, in the destruction of Konoha and Kirigakure, and the death of the people there, just like Sasuke. But it's Madara that shaped his views and convinced him that the infinite tsukuyomi was the "only way" to achieve true peace. Rin was only the trigger.
     
         
    Last edited by MMTwister; 10-16-2012 at 10:31 PM.

  • #26
    JoJo MySusanooIsPurple's Avatar
    Status
    MySusanooIsPurple is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    709
    Location
    The World
    "aint nothing' a
    trickster loves more than a
    trick." - Joseph Joestar
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    I hate Obito
     
         

  • #27
    Want some eye-scream? Edge's Avatar
    Status
    Edge is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    979
    Location
    Canada, Motha *****
    If a woodchuck chucks
    approximately its own cubic
    weight in wood it could
    hypothetically chuck around 35
    pounds of hard lumber.
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Lame with a capital L. Oh well, he'll be talk no jutsued soon anyway.
     
         

  • #28
    Mythological Envy Coyote's Avatar
    Status
    Coyote is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,326
    Back.
     



    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Orochimaru is the best villain
     
         

  • #29
    Member
    Status
    mimihigurashi is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    326
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Quote Originally Posted by N1nken View Post
    I disagree to an extent, but in my eyes, he was definitely a better villian before it was revealed he was Obito. A total monster on the battlefield turned mastermind who nearly escaped death by his rival, became a shell of his former self, and hid from the world/pulled the strings of a criminal organization from the shadows in order to enact a plan to become complete again sounds a bit better than a bitter kid who was manipulated into turning evil similar to almost every other significant villain in the series.
    Wow, couldn't have said it better myself. *****
     
         

  • #30
    MMTwister
    Guest

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    It's interesting to see how unnecessarily disappointed people are, because of Rin being the trigger for Obitos future decisions. They make arguments like "Oh ho ho, he got friendzoned!!!", and yet they fail to see that Nagato did pretty much the same after Yahikos death. Both, Nagato and Obito, participated in wars at a young age. Obito also seems to have lost his parents at a young age, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. Understanding the world and what some people were willing to do for power, Obito came to the conclusion that humans will never change. Nagato came to a similar conclusion back then.











    "I just didn't care. Whether he lives or dies, I couldn't care less. Kakashi will be in the world we're about to create... and Rin too."



    Obito came to the conclusion that no matter what he did in reality, no matter how many people had to die, if he would succeed with this plan, even though it would be just an illusion, for him this is the only way to be together with the people he cares about and to achieve "true peace". I obviously disagree with this illusion of peace, but I understand his motives.

     
         

  • #31
    Member KiraGirl K's Avatar
    Status
    KiraGirl K is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    896
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Quote Originally Posted by MMTwister View Post
    Obito came to the conclusion that no matter what he did in reality, no matter how many people had to die, if he would succeed with this plan, even though it would be just an illusion, for him this is the only way to be together with the people he cares about and to achieve "true peace". I obviously disagree with this illusion of peace, but I understand his motives.
    Though his motives may be understandable I still think these motives are kind of lame. :shrug:
     
         

  • #32
    MMTwister
    Guest

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Quote Originally Posted by KiraGirl K View Post
    Though his motives may be understandable I still think these motives are kind of lame. :shrug:
    Nagato had pretty much the same motives. Anyway, I agree that it's a little cliched, but I personally don't have a problem with that. Nobody has to like it obviously, but the whole disappointment and *****ing of some people is just embarrassing and clearly more "lame" than the whole outcome of the manga itself.
     
         

  • #33
    Member peteriscoo's Avatar
    Status
    peteriscoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    419
    Location
    College Bitches
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Rin didn't matter, and this "put yourself in his shoes" argument sucks. Rin was a trigger but before that she was obito's "goal." she was what he was aspiring for and he lost her in such a way, and in combination with the things madara and zetsu were saying to him, that obito had a realization:

    This world is hell and I am going to change it

    Obito has NEVER complained, lamented, or even grieved for Rin in the any point in the manga until this chapter, and its only because it was her death scene, after that he got the hell over it. In fact he even told kakashi that he doesn't hold it against him. Obito was smart and realized rin is dead, set a new goal for himself, and went on to become one of the greatest villains in naruto until he took off his mask and everyone started b!tching.

    This isnt about the girl, shes dead and forgotten. This is about something bigger, much more important, and (honestly) nothing new. this is the same general goal held by jiraiya, nagato, naruto... you can kinda see the same mentality being passed along
     
         

  • #34
    MMTwister
    Guest

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Quote Originally Posted by peteriscoo View Post
    This is about something bigger, much more important, and (honestly) nothing new. this is the same general goal held by jiraiya, nagato, naruto... you can kinda see the same mentality being passed along
    And that's what makes this manga so interesting. They all have pretty much the same goals, but their plans to achieve these goals are completely different. Danzo and Hanzo also had their own ideas.

    But yeah, we also have Orochimaru and Sasuke who don't give a shit about any of that. That adds variety to the manga.
     
         

  • #35
    Member peteriscoo's Avatar
    Status
    peteriscoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    419
    Location
    College Bitches
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Quote Originally Posted by MMTwister View Post
    And that's what makes this manga so interesting. They all have pretty much the same goals, but their plans to achieve these goals are completely different. Danzo and Hanzo also had their own ideas.

    But yeah, we also have Orochimaru and Sasuke who don't give a shit about any of that. That adds variety to the manga.
    yeah I agree with you there. they're definitely all important characters, each with a unique ninja way (everyone's is different but very few characters actually talk about their person shinobi way, its neat to think about why a character does what they do and if it follows any unspoken rules unique to that character)

    Im rambling lol but my point is no one is doing anything for a girl, to get a girl, or because a girl died. This manga is way to deep to make such shallow statements
     
         

  • #36
    Soundwave Superior aimop95's Avatar
    Status
    aimop95 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,142
    Location
    In the Akatsuki Hideout.
    Studying for Finals...
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    How bout you sacrifice yourself for the two people you have only ever really cared about. Survive somehow. Meet a dying terrorist who claims he can change the world for better. And then Leave your benefactor to only find out that the two people you care for killed each other.

    I'd go back to the terrorist and nuke the world.

    And don't forget that because of Obito's....low standing on the ninja social ladder, he probably was bullied...
     
         

  • #37
    Senior Member Retsu's Avatar
    Status
    Retsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,618
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Honestly If you read the story you can see that Obito has been warped mentally, I don't understand why ppl seem to think rin dying is the sole reason Obito is doing all this, if you would have reversed roles with rin killing kakashi, most likely the same thing would happen, but honestly it seems more like ppl are mad that kagami, or izuna or some random uchiha wasn't tobi.
     
         

  • #38
    Academy Student
    Status
    Hanswurst is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    21
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Kishi should simply give Naruto a Heath Ledger- like Joker. He is the perfect villain imo.
     
         

  • #39
    Academy Student
    Status
    GreatM is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    26
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Nagato had a better reason than Obito to become a villian...
    the guy with the lamest story becomes one of the main villain which is really stupid jst cuz Rin died X_X not a good reason and also ddn't he have any family or something?
     
         

  • #40
    MMTwister
    Guest

    Re: Obito is a lame villain

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatM View Post
    Nagato had a better reason than Obito to become a villian...
    the guy with the lamest story becomes one of the main villain which is really stupid jst cuz Rin died X_X not a good reason and also ddn't he have any family or something?
    Well, it seems like his family has died or was killed a long time ago, similar to Narutos parents. Anyway, Rin was for Obito what Yahiko was for Nagato. But there is another point that is not irrelevant: Obito was a lot younger than Nagato, when his "best" friend was killed. It was a lot easier to manipulate him. Without Madaras influence Obito would've chosen the path of revenge and hatred, just like Sasuke.
     
         

  • Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •