Status
    Dec 2009
    This user has no status.

Rinne Tensei Questions

I have some honest questions about the Rinne Tensei technique, because I think this technique raises some problems in the manga where people could have resurrected the ones they cared about, but didn't do it. Here are a few questions that come to mind with this technique?

Does it have a time limit? In the invasion of Pain arc, we see that Rinne Tensei returns souls to the recently-deceased bodies. Kabuto mentions that some of the remains he's found were pretty badly decayed over time (so we know bodies DO decay in this universe like normal). However, Madara died about 20 years ago. When Orochimaru resurrected Hashirama and Tobirama, they had been dead for much longer. So, is there a time limit? If Madara intended to be revived with Rinne Tensei, it has to be available AT LEAST 20 years after the person died, and must allow for the body to have been decayed by that point.

Does it require the body to be available? If so, does the body still have to be in good condition? How would Obito have stopped Madara's body from decaying? Why wouldn't Obito try and retrieve Rin's body and preserve her too, just in case? Nagato was able to revive people in konoha who had been stabbed, ripped apart, trampled by gigantic monsters, burned in fires, and killed in other horrible ways. How was he able to resurrect these people, if the body needs to be in good condition?

Why didn't Nagato use Rinne Tensei to revive Yahiko? He's had the rinnengan almost for his entire life, he clearly has the ability to use the technique, and Yahiko died AFTER Madara. Even if there is a time limit, Yahiko's death must be under that limit (or it would be impossible to resurrect Madara too). PLUS, Yahiko's body was obviously kept in pretty good condition as one of the paths of pain. Why didn't Nagato bring Yahiko back to life with Rinne Tensei?

Why didn't Nagato revive his parents? Same question as above: Nagato had the means and the motive to revive the people he's lost, and he has plenty of opportunity. We have a contradiction: Nagato is the master of life and death, and can apparently revive people at will (and in large numbers), but he's let his life be defined by the deaths of a small number of people around him. Nagato's parents were dead longer than Madara was, but only by about a decade.

Why didn't Obito revive Rin? Why didn't Obito ask Nagato to resurrect Rin, in exchange for teaching Nagato cool new techniques? Obito could have used Rin as an example to teach Nagato about Rinne Tensei. After Nagato died and Obito got the Rinnegan for himself, why didn't he try to revive Rin himself? Rin died only shortly before Madara did, so even if there's a time limit Rin's death might still be inside that window. Obito should have tried to heal her, save her, or revive her and he never did. Why?

Why didn't Madara revive himself? We saw Itachi embed an MS eye in a crow and program that crow to use Kotoamatsukami in response to certain events. Why couldn't Madara have done something similar with his eyes, put them in an animal and program that animal to revive Madara at a certain point? Can a crow use Kotoamatsukami, but not Rinne Tensei? What are the rules for which eye techniques a crow (or other animal) can and cannot use?

Maybe the answers to these questions are "Whatever, plot no jutsu. STFU", but I really think this is a pretty big hole in the story that really needs an explanation.

Status
    Currently in Ancrath.. all alone.. reading all the dusty books
    Jana is the best .-.

Re: Rinne Tensei Questions

to much to read ................. >.<

Status
    Apr 2012
    You should be scared of the
    Darkness, because you never
    know who might be there.

Wall of text. Boring.

​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ Optimistic's Avatar
    Status
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​

everyone i dear you to scroll up and down while looking at the text

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

I know 1 Obito fanggasm to the max

bito doesn't want Rin to be alive in this world full of suffering, they will meet in his 'dreamworld'

Banned
    Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
    I have some honest questions about the Rinne Tensei technique, because I think this technique raises some problems in the manga where people could have resurrected the ones they cared about, but didn't do it. Here are a few questions that come to mind with this technique?

Does it have a time limit? In the invasion of Pain arc, we see that Rinne Tensei returns souls to the recently-deceased bodies. Kabuto mentions that some of the remains he's found were pretty badly decayed over time (so we know bodies DO decay in this universe like normal). However, Madara died about 20 years ago. When Orochimaru resurrected Hashirama and Tobirama, they had been dead for much longer. So, is there a time limit? If Madara intended to be revived with Rinne Tensei, it has to be available AT LEAST 20 years after the person died, and must allow for the body to have been decayed by that point.

Does it require the body to be available? If so, does the body still have to be in good condition? How would Obito have stopped Madara's body from decaying? Why wouldn't Obito try and retrieve Rin's body and preserve her too, just in case? Nagato was able to revive people in konoha who had been stabbed, ripped apart, trampled by gigantic monsters, burned in fires, and killed in other horrible ways. How was he able to resurrect these people, if the body needs to be in good condition?

Why didn't Nagato use Rinne Tensei to revive Yahiko? He's had the rinnengan almost for his entire life, he clearly has the ability to use the technique, and Yahiko died AFTER Madara. Even if there is a time limit, Yahiko's death must be under that limit (or it would be impossible to resurrect Madara too). PLUS, Yahiko's body was obviously kept in pretty good condition as one of the paths of pain. Why didn't Nagato bring Yahiko back to life with Rinne Tensei?

Why didn't Nagato revive his parents? Same question as above: Nagato had the means and the motive to revive the people he's lost, and he has plenty of opportunity. We have a contradiction: Nagato is the master of life and death, and can apparently revive people at will (and in large numbers), but he's let his life be defined by the deaths of a small number of people around him. Nagato's parents were dead longer than Madara was, but only by about a decade.

Why didn't Obito revive Rin? Why didn't Obito ask Nagato to resurrect Rin, in exchange for teaching Nagato cool new techniques? Obito could have used Rin as an example to teach Nagato about Rinne Tensei. After Nagato died and Obito got the Rinnegan for himself, why didn't he try to revive Rin himself? Rin died only shortly before Madara did, so even if there's a time limit Rin's death might still be inside that window. Obito should have tried to heal her, save her, or revive her and he never did. Why?

Why didn't Madara revive himself? We saw Itachi embed an MS eye in a crow and program that crow to use Kotoamatsukami in response to certain events. Why couldn't Madara have done something similar with his eyes, put them in an animal and program that animal to revive Madara at a certain point? Can a crow use Kotoamatsukami, but not Rinne Tensei? What are the rules for which eye techniques a crow (or other animal) can and cannot use?

Maybe the answers to these questions are "Whatever, plot no jutsu. STFU", but I really think this is a pretty big hole in the story that really needs an explanation.
    i agree i wanna know more about it too..how madara was gonna be revived old?? its still all a little confusing i hope we find out

Status
    Mar 2012

Too much to read.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

i dont know why people dont read your stuff but still comment it is really annoying and most of them are jerks for doing so ...

but i did read your text and there isnt much known on that technique but i think it is up to the user to decide how they wont the person to come back and looking at what happened at konoha it seems to fix there bodies too

to answer questions about rin i dont think he had enough time to think about healing rin as konoha was on there way and the white zetsu didnt want him to be seen because madara didnt want that and i think madara warped his mind into thinking he could be happy with rin in the dream world that the moon eye plan would create so there was no need to revive her with nagato because his plan was going to revive her anyway

good question about nagato and yahiko though you would think he would use it but maybe its only a one time use thing

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    #TH United.

he didnt revive him either cause he didn't know, or because yahiko died for nagato, and it was inhuman to revive him after he had sacrificed so much, it would have been in vain.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Excellent points.

I also feel bad for today's generation because the vast majority of posters in this thread show that they don't have the attention span to read a few short paragraphs.

God help us in the future. When these poor people grow up and have to run things, the world will collapse.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by bladesofchaos360 View Post
    he didnt revive him either cause he didn't know, or because yahiko died for nagato, and it was inhuman to revive him after he had sacrificed so much, it would have been in vain.
    It was inhumane to raise him, but it wasn't inhumane to use his body as a puppet in the Deva path form to kill people?

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

its an op technique, there is no time limit. Nagato said he was running out of time because he was going to die from chakra exhaustion. Also, the technique does not need dna unlike edo tensei so its ridiculous. I dont know if you can only use it once.

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Time limit: Probably not, you stated it right I suppose.If Madara wanted to be revived it seems there is no time limit.

Body condition: Well as you stated^^ it does not need a good body condition the body gets restored otherwise severe wounds would kill the person again.

To revive Yahiko: Maybe he doesn't wanted to let him live in this impure world of pain so he kept him as one of his paths to have still a strong bound to him...

Revive his parents: Maybe the same or the souls of his parents weren't in this world anymore.

Obtio revive Rin: As someone stated he didn't want her to live in this world, and he didn't need to make a pact with Nagato because he would see Rin in his dream world and Nagato would get stronger by teaching him (and he was just a tool)

Revive himself (Madara): First thought: maybe is Kotoamatsukami a technique of the eye and just the eye, you sacrifice it and it activates but Rinne Tensei seemed to just require the eye (it IS a difference) and cost a lot of chakara (Nagato died because of that) so an animal would probably not be able to do that

Academy Student
    Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post

I've had the exact same questions, one possible answer is that in order to revive someone with rinne tensei, you must in turn shorten your own life, and it could possibly vary on how much of your years you'd have to sacrifice, by the number of years the person was dead, so maybe they wanted to focus on their objectives and wait for a better time to revive their loved ones, after they made the world exactly as they wanted it, as for the bodys and their conditions, I'm with ya there too, but I'm assuming rinne tensei only needs some dna or something.

Status
    Aug 2011
    ~Memento Mori~

Does it have a time limit? Bodies can be preserved as you mentioned with Yahiko, so Madara probably had a way to preserve his body.

Does it require the body to be available?Most likely

Why didn't Nagato use Rinne Tensei to revive Yahiko?Rinne Tensei takes a lot out of Nagato, so much it turns his hair white. So he probably isn't just gonna use it whenever he feels like it. Reviving Madara is essential to the plan, not Yahiko. It most likely shortens your lifespan.

Why didn't Nagato revive his parents?His parents bodies were most likely already skeletons at that point.
    Why didn't Obito revive Rin? Because Obito doesn't care about this reality, he only wants to be with her in Infinite Tsukiyomi

Why didn't Madara revive himself?Because he doesn't have any magic crows like Itachi

Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

These are things that I have been wondering about myself. Obito possibly didn't revive Rin because he knew that this reality still needed to be changed, which is why he is throwing his cards in with infinite tsukuyomi. It will bring peace and ultimately bring her back. Maybe he was planning on bringing her back with rinne tensei, but Nagato used it to revive Konoha. There is no really clear answer to these questions. We will hopefully get answers soon.

Status
    Sep 2012
    サスケ様

Let's not forget Obito wants revenge on Konoha. He makes that clear to Sasuke at "his" cave. He attacked with Kurama to get revenge on his teacher. After all, it's his fault this all happened. He wasn't there to stop it, in Obito's twisted world anyways. It's likely we he specifically targeted Minato. Unlike others I dont think Obito Gaiden is quite over yet.

We still need to see a bit more of why Nagato chose to follow Madara's plan. We need to see answers to Rinne Tensei's nature. More importantly, perhaps Rinne Tensei is a one-time use. Maybe the user has to basically pay their own life to use it, making self-resurrection impossible.

Does it have a time limit? Unlikely. Madara didn't know how long had went by, dont forget that. Clearly part of his intricate plan depended on a variable time interval until Nagato "grew up".

Does it require the body to be available? Obito didn't know about Rinnegan yet. Likely Nagato taught him about it. Nagato never knew he had Madara's eyes and not his own. Probably a body must be available. It seems the technique only affects souls. Kakashi was still buried.

Why didn't Nagato use Rinne Tensei to revive Yahiko? Probably the technique can only be used once in the user's lifetime. Konan seemed shocked Nagato was resorting to it. Nagato was a kind man and likely wanted to bring everyone back at once, once a world of peace had been created. It'd disgrace Yahiko's memory to revive him without achieving his goal. How could he look his old friend in the eye that way?

Why didn't Nagato revive his parents? Because the world had to know Pain. He didn't want his parents to see the horrible things he'd have to do. Nagato is a "big picture" guy. He isnt a butthurt little loser like Madara or Sasuke.

Why didn't Obito revive Rin? He might need both eyes to do so. More likely he wants to create a new reality first. He's also a lot older than her now. Not exactly going to work out.

Why didn't Madara revive himself? Madara doesn't have magic crows basically is the answer. Perhaps the technique prevents self-resurrection.

Last edited by narutoblitz; 10-21-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

"Rin

"Rin"ne Tensei

"Rin"negan

Shit man, it's all a conspiracy!"

Status
    Sep 2012
    サスケ様