Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last»
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Sleep Paralysis

So, last night I had a so-called Sleep Paralysis.

Meaning that your body is shutdown and in sleep mode whilest your consciousness is wide awake.

It started with a really loud noise in my ears, a blue light above my head and I started realising I was awake.
    I couldn't move an inch, and I had my eyes closed which was the scariest part. Not being able to see anything whilest going through some crazy sh1t.

With all my might I could open one eye a bit and thats where I was 100% sure I was awake. An immense pressure on my body preventing me from moving..creepy stuff

Anyways, anyone here who had the same experience?

Last edited by YowYan; 10-18-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Sleep Paralysis

never heard of this....why does it happen?

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chillin' with my shisha

Not quite, but I've heard from people experience almost the same as you wrote... actually, alot of them also said that they saw some kind of shadowy person in front of them, and that person came closer and closer and their bodies wouldn't move... so yeah i does sound kinda creepy...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

I have no idea how to achieve this on purpose since it happened to me by accident

Status
    Aug 2011
    Canada is all you have to know, for now :P
    Post Thanks / Like
    After a long time! I'm Back!

Yea exactly but what I learn to wake up......all you need is a strong will after I learn how I wake up right away because staying like that is too damn scary. One time I saw a black figure lol that's it and felt like it grab my arm and yea I was scared....well not scared I would say shock :/

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

you have to start breathing heavy so your mind thinks you're awake

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by xXBlazinNinXx View Post
    Yea exactly but what I learn to wake up......all you need is a strong will after I learn how I wake up right away because staying like that is too damn scary. One time I saw a black figure lol that's it and felt like it grab my arm and yea I was scared....well not scared I would say shock :/
    Actually, you ARE wide awake at that moment. Its just your body thats in sleep mode.
    And yeah, what you are reffering to is the 'devil sitting on your chest' experience. Its creepy indeed :P Though the devil part is just symbolic for the unexplainable experience and not actually a demon of some sort.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chillin' with my shisha

Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Actually, you ARE wide awake at that moment. Its just your body thats in sleep mode.
    Actually, I've read about this, and it seems that a person experiencing this thinks he is awake while he actually is sleeping.. That's kinda why some say that they see a dark figure...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

I know several ppl personally who where 100% sure they were awake.
    Including myself since i was awake and well.

What you are reffering to is 'Lucid Dreaming', which is a bit different. In which your actually asleep and wake up in the middle of your dream. Which makes you see all kinds of weird things like ghosts

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

So, last night I had a so-called Sleep Paralysis.

Meaning that your body is shutdown and in sleep mode whilest your consciousness is wide awake.

It started with a really loud noise in my ears, a blue light above my head and I started realising I was awake.
    I couldn't move an inch, and I had my eyes closed which was the scariest part. Not being able to see anything whilest going through some crazy sh1t.

With all my might I could open one eye a bit and thats where I was 100% sure I was awake. An immense pressure on my body preventing me from moving..creepy stuff

Anyways, anyone here who had the same experience?
    I've never experienced it, but sounds like something that happens to people that think they were abducted by aliens. This is probably what really happened they're just too uneducated to realize it.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

never before

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chillin' with my shisha

Yeah i've heard about that too.

I heard that when a person tries to have a Lucid Dream, he can actually by accident have a sleep paralysis... As far as I know, lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis aren't so different as a person might think

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanna be SWEET

I've never experienced that, but I read a fanfiction about it.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullahz View Post
    Yeah i've heard about that too.

I heard that when a person tries to have a Lucid Dream, he can actually by accident have a sleep paralysis... As far as I know, lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis aren't so different as a person might think
    Yeah, you're right. The reason I was sure I had a sleep paralysis was because I wasn't hallucinating which is a common phenomenon with Lucid Dreaming

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAGE

im not talking crazy or putting you guys down.

this is something that is explained in my religeon we call the being that paralized you a Jinn (most people call it a Genie) and it is said when you alow them in, they will sometime hold you down while your partialy alseep (this ushually happens when you became aware of them or when you allowed them in thru magic, lack of faith or just being unclean physicaly or mentaly unclean)

by the way i am muslim

the movie "THE MOTHMAN" did a real good discription of a Jinn based on the Hebrew religeon , u should watch it

Last edited by 4bdN; 10-17-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

U need fiber

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by 4bdN View Post

this is something that is explained in my religeon we call the being that paralized you a Jinn (most people call it a Genie) and it is said when you alow them in, they will sometime hold you down while your partialy alseep (this ushually happens when you became aware of them or when you allowed them in thru magic, lack of faith or just being unclean physicaly or mentaly unclean)

by the way i am muslim

the movie "THE MOTHMAN" did a real good discription of a Jinn based on the Hebrew religeon , u should watch it
    Though I'm not a religious fanatic, I take all religions serious since there's a lot of hidden knowledge available in it. The so-called Jinn is usually called Demon by non-muslims. You see, it's symbolic, there's obviously not a demon taking a crap on your chest, but the story you just told is symbolic for that experience we're talking about.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chillin' with my shisha

by the way i am muslim

I'm muslim too, and I know what you mean, but I've heard that it happens to regular folks too... A friend of mine said the Shahada, and he immediatly woke up..

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullahz View Post
    I'm muslim too, and I know what you mean, but I've heard that it happens to regular folks... A friend of mine said the Shahada, and he immediatly woke up..
    salam alaykum brother , yes it happens to people of all faiths but only the Muslim and Hebrew recodnize these Beings as a Genie or Jinn

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chillin' with my shisha

salam alaykum brother , yes it happens to people of all faiths but only the Muslim and Hebrew recodnize these Beings as a Genie or Jinn
    wa alaykum asalam brother, actually I didn't know that the Hebrew recognized them as Jinn's too.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxic View Post
    It happened to me twice, once when I was a kid (around 6) and the last time it happened, I was 14-15..it's scary indeed. For me, I knew I was awake but my body asleep, I felt like giving in to the paralysis but I had a sensation that if I did, I wouldn't wake up. I also saw..weird stuff while I was trying to open my eyes.
    You probably experienced Lucid Dreaming if you saw things while your eyes were open. But if like me, you had your eyes closed and saw some sort of light, you probably experienced sleep paralysis. I only had a blue flash-light like light when trying to open my eyes.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAGE

Though I'm not a religious fanatic, I take all religions serious since there's a lot of hidden knowledge available in it. The so-called Jinn is usually called Demon by non-muslims. You see, it's symbolic, there's obviously not a demon taking a crap on your chest, but the story you just told is symbolic for that experience we're talking about.
    i take no offence bro and ty for the rep,, but Demon refers to an evil Jinn the direct Translation according to the encyclopedia is Genie u should google the word Genie just for fun

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

i take no offence bro and ty for the rep,, but Demon refers to an evil Jinn the direct Translation according to the encyclopedia is Genie u should google the word Genie just for fun
    I'm familiar with the Genie and such. I know some stuff out of every religion.

salam alekum

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chillin' with my shisha

I heard of this, though I can say that I was always..a curious type of kid. My grandma is catholic and so is most of my family, where we lived- the old folks use to tell stories about things that would often happen to them. I was never the type to accept the existence of ghost or such things but my grandma had a closet and I remember that as a kid, I would stand in front of it and talk to someone and became frighten of closets, well that room.
    The paralysis happened to me when I was 6 like I said in my previous comment.

Then at age 9, we lived in a house where people had said they saw paranormal things, my mom would hear her name being called at the middle of the night from the hallways of the house, my aunt saw a woman in white in the backyard at night and even if it sounds crazy, I was always frighten by the dark- when I was a kid (6-7) I had a babysitter who would often punish me by locking me inside the closet and I would scream and cry b/c I was always terrify of the darkness and on top of that, it was a closet. So time went by and at that one house, my mom said I should learn to sleep with the lights off so she turned it off and perhaps it was my imagination but I saw a black shadow stand up and walk to the closet. I keep telling myself it was nothing but my imagination and that no such things exist eh..then we moved and at age 14-15, another paralysis occurred. What's scary to say is that it use to be my mom's room, she would often say that when she was laying down, she would feel the bed press down on the other side as if someone was laying down on it.
    I often hear stuff in this house but I just ignore it.

I am not religious a lot but I do take the hand of the christian beliefs and believe in God and Jesus Christ.
    Damn... That does sound creepy... You might've just ****ed up my night :D

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

I heard of this, though I can say that I was always..a curious type of kid. My grandma is catholic and so is most of my family, where we lived- the old folks use to tell stories about things that would often happen to them. I was never the type to accept the existence of ghost or such things but my grandma had a closet and I remember that as a kid, I would stand in front of it and talk to someone and became frighten of closets, well that room.
    The paralysis happened to me when I was 6 like I said in my previous comment.

Then at age 9, we lived in a house where people had said they saw paranormal things, my mom would hear her name being called at the middle of the night from the hallways of the house, my aunt saw a woman in white in the backyard at night and even if it sounds crazy, I was always frighten by the dark- when I was a kid (6-7) I had a babysitter who would often punish me by locking me inside the closet and I would scream and cry b/c I was always terrify of the darkness and on top of that, it was a closet. So time went by and at that one house, my mom said I should learn to sleep with the lights off so she turned it off and perhaps it was my imagination but I saw a black shadow stand up and walk to the closet. I keep telling myself it was nothing but my imagination and that no such things exist eh..then we moved and at age 14-15, another paralysis occurred. What's scary to say is that it use to be my mom's room, she would often say that when she was laying down, she would feel the bed press down on the other side as if someone was laying down on it.
    I often hear stuff in this house but I just ignore it.

I am not religious a lot but I do take the hand of the christian beliefs and believe in God and Jesus Christ.

It wasn't lucid dreaming b/c I saw my own room but it was blurry and I could barely see much b/c my eyes felt heavy but did see a figure or something. Everyone has different experiences. I know the difference.
    I'm 19 years old and still scared of the dark at times... because in the dark i sometimes feel that theres another presence in the room. just sharing

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last»