1 5.00%
  • 1*

1 5.00%
Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    what Status?

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 284 "The Helmet Splitter: Jinin Akebino!" – Discussion

this episode was about Sai's jutsu not the swordsman...
    the title is a lie...

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 284 "The Helmet Splitter: Jinin Akebino!" – Discussion

Wow, best filler episode in history! Loved it!!!!

Good to see Rock Lee handling an Edo Tensei Kekkei Genkai user with ease.. Didn't even have to open a single gate.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, I'm satisfied with the overall result of this episode, it had a good quality for filler standards even if it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.
    Seriously, I'm really disappointed with Jinin's spotlight and skills. When I saw him slaying all these fodders and crushing the ground I thought he was going to have an epic fight with Kakashi afterwards and see a great expansion of his skills, but then he got defeated in one hit and Kakashi even remarks how his defense is weak. This guy sucks!
    However, this episode also focused on another point that saved it for me. Even if the fight with Jinin wasn't all that great it was good to see the anime working more on Sai's character. The whole negative energy explanation may have come out of nowhere, but in the end it actually fits on his character arc and also provided a good explanation on why Sai was so unsure about using it in the manga. Another thing I wasn't expecting was Lee's little clash with Gari and it was awesome to see him finally reenacting one of his moves.
    The next episode seems to give actual character focus on one of the edos. It is nice to see the anime still cares about giving backgrounds to their characters, but what really caught me offguard is the possibility of expanding Maki's character too. That may be interesting and I hope to see more Scorch Release techniques as well.

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Abyss View Post
    Well, I'm satisfied with the overall result of this episode, it had a good quality for filler standards even if it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.
    Seriously, I'm really disappointed with Jinin's spotlight and skills. When I saw him slaying all these fodders and crushing the ground I thought he was going to have an epic fight with Kakashi afterwards and see a great expansion of his skills, but then he got defeated in one hit and Kakashi even remarks how his defense is weak. This guy sucks!
    However, this episode also focused on another point that saved it for me. Even if the fight with Jinin wasn't all that great it was good to see the anime working more on Sai's character. The whole negative energy explanation may have come out of nowhere, but in the end it actually fits on his character arc and also provided a good explanation on why Sai was so unsure about using it in the manga. Another thing I wasn't expecting was Lee's little clash with Gari and it was awesome to see him finally reenacting one of his moves.
    The next episode seems to give actual character focus on one of the edos. It is nice to see the anime still cares about giving backgrounds to their characters, but what really caught me offguard is the possibility of expanding Maki's character too. That may be interesting and I hope to see more Scorch Release techniques as well.
    Great points man, Yh but the reason for Jinin seeming so weak is actually kishi's fault. The anime can only go by what they have seen they can't just make stuff up. Kishi did not go into the seven swords men at all he just put them there to give kakashi's squad a battle so it could be explain what they was doing in the war. It's a shame because through out this whole manga I wanted to see what these seven swords man could do.

Also it's filler and the anime does not want it to last forever so they really just stick with the little we know about the swordsmen so I can't blame them. It does make sense that his defence would be weak because he breaks defences which means his offence is strong but it was kinda lame to see kakashi finish him that quick I agree.

I like this whole sai thing and this sealing jutsu but the one thing I didn't like was that it was just a tiger? The anime could of thought of something better then that kishi made him draw a giant to take care of deidara and sasori that was cool. This sealing tech was meant to be the anbu's powerful sealing version of RDS.

Either way great episode loved seeing lee fight it's been so long

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So much for a KG user against Lee

I like how Maki hit the ground with explosive style for a mini earthquake against shadow user

Cool seeing Danzo in action for a sec

The whole Sai and his emotions looked a lot like the way Naruto's evil side looked at the Waterfall of truth or whatever

Overral an entertaining episode with nice display of swordmanship and KG user

Page 2 of 2 « First 12