Academy Student
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The timeline does add up for Obito. Explanation inside.

Ok I keep seeing that everyone is still really confused about how Obito had gotten so powerful in such a short amount of time. I always had a theory but never decided to come forward with it until I knew for certain Obito did in fact meet Madara.

I think its fairly obvious. Madara had just showed in the last chapter his ability to use Tsukuyomi and Itachi's Tsukuyomi was so powerful he could even control time and space within it. That being said, I think its reasonable to believe that Madara could also control time and space.

My Theory is that Madara taught and trained Obito on how to control his Mangekyo powers by slowing down time in Tsukuyomi. He could spend years inside it and only have hours/days go by.

That I believe is the secret to how obito gained so much knowledge and power in such a short period of time.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fate of destruction is the
    joy of rebirth

Re: The timeline does add up for Obito. Explanation inside.

Only possible and reasonable explanation. Madara did teach him everything.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The biggest problem with timeline isnt that. Madara said he died 'shortly' after awakening the rinnegan. Since nagato is an adult in the last flashback and already had the rinnegan as a kid, so what 20 years is 'shortly'? Only way that isnt a major ass pull by kishi is if it was a translation error. This one fact was the whole reason people discarded the tobi=obito theory for so long.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Senju DNA.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoKage2 View Post
    The biggest problem with timeline isnt that. Madara said he died 'shortly' after awakening the rinnegan. Since nagato is an adult in the last flashback and already had the rinnegan as a kid, so what 20 years is 'shortly'? Only way that isnt a major ass pull by kishi is if it was a translation error. This one fact was the whole reason people discarded the tobi=obito theory for so long.
    Shortly is not a defined period of time. Madara might use this word if he thinks he had Rinnegan for a short time.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look into my eyes

I don't realy think madara taught obito much...... he just schooled him and teached him some justu before the old ass madara died. Obito just got OP in a short time becuase of that spiral zetzu I have to asume, and he already has bloody MS, just got leveled-up in a second! Like seriously..... but yes, the timeline does add up for obito..... if it din't, then kishi woun't had made tobi-obito in the first place.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Takos View Post
    Shortly is not a defined period of time. Madara might use this word if he thinks he had Rinnegan for a short time.
    Pathetic excuse. Almost any plot hole can be justified using that kind of logic. Idk why you mention how long he had the rinnegan. Anyone with common sense after reading what madara said would not assume 'shortly' to be the 20 years kishi has made it.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Already posted this elsewhere but here ya go.

I have a theory that Kishimoto is actually presenting the story with these holes on purpose. The purpose is to demonstrate different cycles in a temporal loop. The loops have many of the same things but there are plenty of differences. People suddenly remembering things they should never have forgotten, different arms being made of Zetsu material, Madara awoke in the cave, vs he actually sealed it. Some of the items may be dismissed as interpretation errors, but there is no misinterpreting what is drawn (4th's head already carved while Obito was in the academy). There are too many coincidences occurring at the same time to be dismissed as random. So hand it to Kishimoto, there really is no predicting what happens next, because you never know what will change cycle to cycle.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So Obito pretty much used the NVs version of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well I don't see why we need to explain this anyway? Clearly his MS ability made him very strong along with the senju suit. And regarding the knowledge he probably embedded it in black zetsu anyway, so if there was anything obito needed to know he could just ask him. Tobi = Obito perfectly fits in the time line, but that Obito as Tobi meets Nagato, Konan and Yahiko is a bit odd, though I made a thread explaining how it is possible.

If you stop and think about it for a minute it's not like obito is very good or skilled. His MS ability is just so IMBA, and very easy to use. We've seen Kishi showing us how fast he learned to control it. Then he only has to focus on a few things in his training, all build up around the ability of his MS, and he will become a monster, so I doubt it was due to tsukuyomi, since we would have seen more then. It was a short time he was in madaras genjutsu, and everytime people see genjutsu they need to yell tsukuyomi... sadly, cause we havent even seen it 5 times....

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    contemplating the nature of
    humans.

i dont think theres much question to it....i mean that is i think it adds up and both yours and someone elses theories both sound pretty great. the whole time thing would make sense because i mean, if he can create a perfect world, then its only logical he could control space and time. it also sounds like he can bring anyone back or any place or do whatever he wants.

as far as the learning thing for obito....well it makes sense to say about 2-3 years passed between the time he was found and the fox attack happened. hes 15/16....nagato and pals are like 25/30 i guess at this point or so,,,,(dont seem that old...) idk

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Katon, Mottomo kuroi Jigoku!!!

Don't you guys get tired of being wrong with Obito? Timeline adds up even without space-time crap.. :sy:

Academy Student
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoKage2 View Post
    Madara says something a long the lines "I got these eyes shortly before my death" not "I died shortly after I awakened them". I know it seems silly but there is a big difference. We just learned that Madara literally was going to die of old age, then he miraculously gained the Rinnegan which allowed him to prolong his life.